Free Technology for Teachers - 2 new articles

A few weeks ago I published a chart of G Suite for Education shortcuts that included directions on how to quickly access the various tools within Google Drive. It appears that I need to add onto that chart because a couple of days ago Google introduced ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 2 new articles

  1. A Handy New Way to Create New Google Docs
  2. Storyboards, Pictures, and Classics - The Week in Review
  3. More Recent Articles

A Handy New Way to Create New Google Docs

A few weeks ago I published a chart of G Suite for Education shortcuts that included directions on how to quickly access the various tools within Google Drive. It appears that I need to add onto that chart because a couple of days ago Google introduced a new batch of shortcuts for making new Google Docs, Slides, Sheets, Forms, and Sites. In a Tweet on Thursday Google revealed that you can now simply type "doc.new" in your web browser to launch a new blank Google Document. That same structure can be used to create new Slides, Sheets, Forms, and Sites. Take a look at the Tweet embedded below for a visual.

Storyboards, Pictures, and Classics - The Week in Review

Good morning from Maine where it should be a nice morning for playing in leaf piles before the snow flies this evening. But before we go outside to play the sun needs to rise and I need to finish writing this week's week-in-review.

I started this week by speaking at the CECA/CASL annual conference in Connecticut. It was great to meet so many of you and to reconnect with those who I've met before. A huge thank you to Kathy Schrock who gave me one of her Veer VR viewers when I realized that I had forgotten to pack my VR viewer. Speaking of conferences, I will be speaking at the EdTech Teacher Summit in Boston on November 7th and I will be at LACUE on November 28th and 29th.

This week I hosted the fourth of five webinars in my Getting Going With G Suite and Teaching History With Technology courses. Many people have asked if I will be hosting these courses again before the end of the year. Yes, I will host them again. The registration information will be posted on PracticalEdTech.com tomorrow evening.

These were the week's most popular posts:
1. How to Create Storyboard Templates in Google Slides or PowerPoint
2. TED-Ed Explains Why Students Should Read Classics
3. Case Maker - Civics Lessons Built on Primary Sources
4. Three Ways to Make Social Media Profiles for Historical and Literary Characters
5. 5 Ways to Display YouTube in Class Without "Related" Content
6. How to Set Start and End Times for Videos in Google Slides
7. PicLits - Using Pictures to Inspire Creative Writing

Now Booking 2019 School Visits
If you would like to have me work with your school this year, please send me an email at richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com or click here for more information.

Book Me for Your Conference
I've given keynotes at conferences from Australia to Alaska for groups of all sizes from 50 to 2,000+. My keynotes focus on providing teachers and school administrators with practical ways to use technology to create better learning experiences for all students. I like to shine the light on others and so I often share examples of great work done by others as well as my own. Send an email to richardbyrne (at) freetech4teachers.com book me today.

Please visit the official advertisers that help keep this blog going.
Practical Ed Tech is the brand through which I offer PD webinars.
TypingClub offers more than 600 typing lessons for kids. 
Storyboard That is my go-to tool for creating storyboards.
Book Creator is a great tool for creating multimedia books.
Kami is a great tool for annotating and collaborating on PDFs. 
University of Maryland Baltimore County offers a great program on instructional design.
Seterra offers a huge selection of geography games for students. 

More Recent Articles



Previous
Next Post »