Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Mercy Johnson Reveals Why She Stopped Accepting Romance And Nude Roles

Posted: 05 May 2019 12:00 AM PDT


From the lady who would throw all in to interpret movie roles, a lot has changed about the prolific actor, Mercy Johnson-Okojie.

What excited you about the role you played in your recent movie titled Reunion?

First and foremost, everybody knows that I love movies that treat vices, then entertain and educate at same time.
When I'm picking a script those elements must be there. It must be part of the spices.

Reunion preaches against rape, the real value of true friendship. People watch movies and have different interpretation.
The movie is about friends coming together to help one another heal.

It also tackles deceit, you must not trust anyone, people have their dark sides irrespective of how they look outside.

It's a national anthem that people have three faces, the one they show the world, the one for the family and loved ones and the one they keep to themselves.

If you have issues, you have to come out and say it how it is, so guilt won't kill you inside. That's the summary of what the movie looks like. It preaches against one wearing the attire of a Rev. Father and doing something else underneath.

You played Amaka, right?

Yes, I did. Amaka is a bubbly girl, used to be a good girl but turned bad. She's like a two-faced character who tried to heal wrongly.

How do you transit to playing different characters in different movies?

Every character I play in any movie is challenging. But I try as much as possible to be new character at any point in time. I try to get better. I also play a lot and draw inspirations from people around me.

For example, if I am asked to play a journalist, I'll quickly adjust myself to the way you are seated, grab the mic and ask these similar questions you have been asking me. I learn from everyone around me; environment, nature and happenings.

In terms of movie making what is next for you?

I have my TV show, the cooking show coming up pretty soon. It's different kind of talk show. While cooking, we talk about marriage and its struggles.
The spices of marriage and all that surround it.

It's not just for celebrities, but for people from different walks of life. Even divorced and single parents can come around, to share their experiences, so others can learn.

It has a slogan of 'You won't be honest about it, then don't talk about it'.

Married ones, can come and tell us how they spice up their homes.

How do you spice up your own marriage, as we see more of you and your husband on Instagram?

Well, I don't want to talk about my husband. But everybody knows my husband is very cute. Don't let him take the shine off the interview.

How do you cope as a mother and actress?

I have kids, they always see me like the role model they have. So every day I try to do better to cover up the mistakes I made in the past. I try to make better diaries for them to avoid embarrassment, the internet never forgets. I wouldn't want them to grow up to see any embarrassing thing about me on the internet.

One day I asked my daughter what she wants to become when she grows older, she looked me in the eyes and said, "Mummy I want to be exactly like you."

Are you happy with what you have achieved so far as an actress?

Yes, extremely. I can still do better. We are never satisfied. I have goals to accomplish. Some are fulfilled, some I'm working very hard to accomplish. As long as you are alive you always try to do better.

What kind of role won't you play at this level?

I think now it's one that flaunts nudity. Any form of nudity.

What if your husband allows you?

He will never give me that consent. My husband is an Ishan man. Yes, he wouldn't like that kind of thing. But I have to be very careful with everything I do now because I have kids. I have to live right for them. Do everything within my comfort zone to maintain a clean slate. Now, I have stopped doing romance roles, I do more of comedy. I think I have enough and lots of romance movies.

Is it because your husband gets jealous watching you kiss in movies?
From the minute we started dating, I stopped taking body contact or body touching roles. I have to move to the next level.

Am not a playboy it's an act – Bolanle Ninalowo

Posted: 04 May 2019 11:30 PM PDT

Am not a playboy it's an act – Bolanle Ninalowo
Although he has played several roles in the Nigerian movie industry since he joined about four and a half years ago, most people still see Bolanle Ninalowo as a playboy probably due to some roles he portrayed earlier in his career.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, the actor was quick to say that it "is just part of the job".

He said, "Some people may see me as a playboy but it is an act. I am human and I am a man; I have had my fair share of women and playing around but I can only speak of what I have done. This is who I am. What people think of me differs but when I think of myself, I think of the result of my life and what I do. The end always justifies the means. Women compliment me all the time that I am handsome but it does not go beyond that."

Known for flaunting his wife on his social media pages, especially on Instagram, the actor stated that he was unapologetic about his actions, adding that he has the right to use his social media accounts as he pleases.

"I do not flaunt my wife on social media; my page shows who I am. I do not flaunt it. I celebrate what I have and who I am as a person. If I featured in a movie, I would share the poster of the movie online, likewise when I signed an endorsement deal. I communicate with the whole world through my page so why can I not talk about my wife or kids? They are mine, so I talk about them on my page. It is my page and I reserve the right to do whatever I want with it," Ninalowo said.

Fondly referred to as Nino, the actor described his wife as the most supportive partner in the world. He said, "I started acting after I married my wife and she was okay with my decision. I was an accountant at some point in America before I came to Nigeria to become an actor. I have a very supportive wife and things are not always easy for everybody as there are ups and downs in life, however, I cannot talk about yesterday because it is in the past but all I can tell you is that my wife and I are doing very fine.

"She loves me and I love her as well. She is not based in Nigeria, luckily for me. I work every time and sometimes, I have to travel so I am very busy. I am not a saint but I am a very serious minded person. I work every day and have no time for women. I have had that share of my life. I thank God for grace. I am not saying that I am a perfect human being but I try to do the little that I can do."

Actors Guild Warns Tonto Dikeh, Threaten To Sanction Her

Posted: 04 May 2019 11:00 PM PDT

Actors Guild Warns Tonto Dikeh, Threaten To Sanction Her
Board of Trustee (BoT) of Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) has threatened to sanction actress, Tonto Dikeh over her face-off with ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill.

The board said her utterances were unbecoming, adding that the separation issue was being over stretched.

Tonto had revealed how she caught her ex-husband, Olakunle Churchhill on a red pant, with red candles and laptop at night, describing him as a Yahoo boy and scammer.

She has continued to lash out at critics and those who made jokes about her situation.

Speaking to NewstimesAfrica, Prince Ifeanyi Dike, Chairman, AGN BoT, said: "Tonto Dike is exhibiting bad behavior that we will no longer condone. What she should realize is that every marriage has its own issue. No one's marriage is perfect.

"Issues like that are private. It is very unbecoming of her to portray us in bad light. There are so many actors who have issues with their marriages without getting the public involved. Her actions does not speak well of the industry.

"We are not interested in her private matters; rather we are concerned about her attitude which is rubbing off negatively on other actresses.

"Actions like this portray the industry as having unserious ladies. That is why men are scared of marrying actresses.

"Thank God that we have good examples in the industry. If she is looking for sensation, she should look for something else to use.

"Honestly, the Board of Trustees is not happy with her and if she continues this way, we will sanction her. We do not encourage bad behavior."

Nollywood Actress, Anita Joseph blasts Nigerians for criticizing Tonto Dikeh

Posted: 04 May 2019 10:30 PM PDT

Nollywood Actress, Anita Joseph blasts Nigerians for criticizing Tonto Dikeh
Anita Joseph has spoken in defence of her friend, Tonto Dikeh who has come under serious attack after her tell-all interview with Daddy Freeze about her failed marriage with ex-husband, Churchill.

In a one-minute video posted on her Instagram page, Anita asked Nigerians to allow Tonto vent if that is the only way she can find healing.

According to Anita;

"Some Nigerians, sha. I see a lot of you writing stupid things. I know a lot of you your marriage isn't good but you can't talk. because if you talk, what will people say? and you are dying in silence.

If Tonto wants to talk from now till next two years, let her talk. I support her. If it is the only way she will clear off her chest, let her talk. You cannot tell her how to heal. You were not there an if you have never been in her situation, don't talk".





In This Story: #Nollywood #Actress #AnitaJoseph #Nigerians #TontoDikeh

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Tonto Dikeh blasts Ifeanyi Dike, chairman of Actor Guild of Nigeria

Posted: 04 May 2019 10:00 PM PDT

Tonto Dikeh blasts Ifeanyi Dike, chairman of Actor Guild of Nigeria  
Earlier today, the governing body of Nigerian actors, Actor Guild of Nigeria, threatened to sanction actress, Tonto Dikeh if she continues to exhibit bad behaviour, portraying the motion picture industry in bad light.

The body advised her that her marital problem should be managed privately and not made a public discuss.

Reacting to the statement by by Ifeanyi Dike,the chairman of Actors Guild of Nigeria, Tonto advised him to first sanction the actresses who travel to Dubai to eat poop.

"Hope this fastens your sanction from your board!! Stupid fool you have not sanctioned the actresses going to dubia to open their mouths for old men to poop inside or the ones pushing drugs!!Oga shove it up your Ass nigga. If only there was an EMOJI FOR WAKA
#THANKS", she wrote.




In This Story: #TontoDikeh #blasts #IfeanyiDike #chairman #ActorGuildOfNigeria 

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Pan Yoruba Group Afenifere Speaks On Atiku’s Nationality, Presidential Election Petition At Tribunal

Posted: 04 May 2019 07:38 AM PDT

Yinka Odumakin

Afenifere, the Yoruba socio-political organization,  on Saturday rubbished claims by the All Progressives Congress, APC, that Atiku Abubakar, the Peoples Democratic Party's presidential candidate was a Cameroonian and not a Nigerian.

Yinka Odumakin, the spokesperson of Afenifere, while speaking with DAILY POST, described the claim by the ruling APC as total rubbish and an attempt to divert attention.

The Afenifere spokesperson wondered why APC never made such claim when Abubakar was campaigning for the party in 2015 but came out when he challenged President Muhammadu Buhari's victory after the 2019 elections.

According to the spokesperson, such claim was an attempt to divert the attention of Nigerians from Abubakar's queries on the victory of Buhari at the just concluded 2019 presidential elections.

Odumakin said: "It's pure and applied nonsense and an attempt to divert attention.

"When Atiku was campaigning with APC all over the country in 2015 and he was donating money to them, they didn't realize he was a Cameroonian but now that he challenged their electoral victory, they suddenly realized he's a Cameroonian.

"This is rubbish, they should respond to the electoral allegations Atiku raised and face that in court rather than create all these childish and comic diversions."

The spokesperson also stated that only the Presidential Election Petition Tribunal can determine the eventual outcome of the 2019 presidential poll.

He, however, urged the tribunal to be impartial in deciding the eventual winner of the 2019 presidential election.

"It's left for the judiciary. We that know what this arm of government has gone through in the last few years has been appalling.

"There have been attempts to overhaul, decimate, instill fear and cow the judiciary but let's hope that in spite of all, justice will be done.

"Nobody can place a bet on anything for now but let's hope that the judiciary will look straight at the law and take their decision when the time comes," he said.

In This Story: #Afenifere #YinkaOdumakin #Atiku #Buhari #2019PresidentialElection

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Your gun will kill you -Actress Angela Okorie ‘fights’ policeman who said she will die

Posted: 04 May 2019 07:30 AM PDT

Your gun will kill you -Actress Angela Okorie 'fights' policeman who said she will die

Angela Okorie had a 'fight' last night with a Lagos policeman who said she will die, after they had a stand-off at the airport in the state.

Though source linked the fight to 'bribe', however it gathered that the other police officers took some steps back after Angela Okorie took her 'fight' with the Lagos policeman a step further by going live on Instagram.

His, is coming shortly after we reported that Regina Daniels  faulted a report which alleged that her brother, Lawrence assaulted a policeman today in Delta State. Recall that it was reported that policemen were called in as Regina Daniels' brother, Lawrence, assaulted an officer during a stop-and-search, on Tuesday, along Okpanam road, Asaba, Delta State.

However countering the claim, Regina Daniels stated that her brother was the one assaulted by the policeman. She wrote in reaction to the video; 'U people shouldn't make me angry. Can't u see they were d ones assaulting him? Or are you blind?? And yet some people are here saying trash!!! GTFO'

Recall that it was Lawrence who was spotted chilling in a private jet with his sister, as he reacted to report of his sister marrying and becoming the 6th wife of 59years old Nigerian billionaire, Hon Ned Nwoko.




In This Story: #Actress #AngelaOkorie #Policeman

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Boko Haram: Nigerian Army Discloses Those Working Against The Country

Posted: 04 May 2019 07:06 AM PDT

The Nigerian Army on Saturday alleged that some unpatriotic individuals, groups and foreign interests were working against the security situation in the country in particular and West African Sub-region in general.

It said they were making concerted efforts to further induce ISWAP/Boko Haram terrorists and bandits with funds and other logistic support.

Acting Director, Army Public Relations, Colonel Sagir Musa, in a statement said their body language and unguarded utterances seem to be in tandem with the above and imply tacit support for the criminals, Daily Post reports.

He noted: "For example, credible source has shown that some individuals are hobnobbing with Boko Haram terrorists, while others are deliberately churning falsehood against the security agencies with a view to set the military against the people and the government.

"They are also demoralising troops and security agencies through false accusations and fake news. Therefore, it has become necessary to inform the public and warn such persons and groups to desist as the consequences of their actions would be calamitous to themselves and our great country.

"Some of these mischievous elements thought that we would not have a safe and successful general elections but were proved wrong, hence they want to derail the scheduled handing over later this month and to scuttle the democratic process in the country.

"We also noted that foreign interests are also working assiduously to cause disaffection and divide the coalition Multinational Joint Task Force (MNJTF) to give room for the so-called Islamic State for West African Province (ISWAP) and its defeated local franchise, Boko Haram terrorists group to resurrect.

"While we have confidence on the Federal Government of Nigeria's efforts at sustaining and reinvigorating the MNJTF to continue it's good work, we would not relent in clearing the visages and remnants of Boko Haram terrorists and their sympathisers.

"The Nigerian Army is a stakeholder in our national security and sustenance of democracy in Nigeria. Additionally, we are making this statement because the military, particularly the Nigerian Army, has always been called upon to intervene in conflict situations in order to resolve crises in most cases when they get worse, while the public expect miracles.

"We would like to reiterate our unalloyed loyalty to the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and we are determined more than ever before, to continue to uphold the constitution and defend the territorial integrity of this nation from both external and internal aggression.

"Nigeria is a sovereign country with clearly established judicial system, therefore all aggrieved persons and groups should take advantage of that and resolve differences amicably."

In This Story: #NigerianArmy #ISWAP #BokoHaram

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Regina Daniels reacts after her brother was accused of assaulting a police officer

Posted: 04 May 2019 07:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has warned Nigerians not to make her angry as she issued an outburst on social media.

Report surfaced yesterday that her brother Lawrence assault a police officer in Delta State. A video later surfaced which showed the brother in a struggle with other police officers who were drafted to quell the situation.


The video which was shared on social media saw many Nigerians making comments which didn't sit well with Regina Daniels.

Reacting to their comments, she wrote:

'U people shouldn't make me angry. Can't u see they were d ones assaulting him? Or are you blind?? And yet some people are here saying trash!!! GTFO'

Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti, the First Nigerian to ever release a music album

Posted: 04 May 2019 06:30 AM PDT


Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti is the First Nigerian to ever release a music album.

Josiah Jesse Ransome-Kuti is described by Wikipedia as a Nigerian clergyman and music composer.

He was known for setting Christian hymns to indigenous music, and for writing Christian hymns in Yoruba.

He recorded Yoruba hymns in gramophone & released them in 1925 under Zonophone Records, known today as Warner Music Group.

His album is in the British Museum. He is the grandfather of afrobeat legend fela Anikulakpo Kuti.

Dino Melaye Looses Mum: See How PDP Reacted To The News

Posted: 04 May 2019 06:11 AM PDT

Senator Dino Melaye and late Mother

Senator Dino Melaye,the Senator representing Kogi West has been condoled by his party, the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, on Friday, over the passage of his mother, Deaconess Comfort Melaye.

In a statement by it's spokesperson, Kola Ologbondiyan, the PDP prayed God to grant the senator and his family the fortitude to bear the loss.

According to the party Spokesman: "The PDP family is grieved by this sad event, particularly given Deaconess Malaye's role as a devout Christian and a community leader, who lived as a source of inspiration and nurturing for younger generation of leaders.

"Though, we mourn, we, however, take solace in the fact that Deaconess Melaye lived a fulfilled life and bequeathed to our dear nation, as well as our great party, the PDP, a patriot, quintessential democrat and true leader in Senator Melaye.

"We, therefore, condole with the Melaye family, the Apostolic Church and the people of Kogi State and pray God to grant them the fortitude to bear this irreparable loss."

In This Story: #DinoMelaye #PDP #KolaOlogbondiyan

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Patoranking – Lenge Lenge(Prod. By DJ Coublon)

Posted: 04 May 2019 06:00 AM PDT

Patoranking – Lenge Lenge(Prod. By DJ Coublon)

Patoranking – Lenge Lenge. Patoranking comes through with a brand new single and he titles this one "Lenge Lenge".

It serves as a follow up to his last hit "Confirm" featuring Davido which is still buzzing heavily and enjoying massive  streams.


AUDIO: Odunsi – Star Signs ft. Runtown

Posted: 04 May 2019 05:30 AM PDT


Odunsi – Star Signs ft. Runtown. Here's a throwback single we have been feeling lately and can't help but share with you off Odunsi's album titled "Star Signs".

Odunsi's "rare." album has some really amazing singles and we can't seem to get enough of this lovely tune.



In This Story: #AUDIO #Odunsi #StarSigns #Runtown

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Teni – Sugar Mummy (Official Viral Video)

Posted: 04 May 2019 05:00 AM PDT

Teni – Sugar Mummy. Dr Dolor Entertainment artist, Teni wastes no time in dropping the visual for her latest single titled "Sugar Mummy".

The lovely eyecandy video was directed by the talented DK (Director K) and we commend him for an amazing job.

Watch the new video below and enjoy.






In This Story: #Teni #SugarMummy #Official #Viral #Video

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Pastor Giwa – Pastors Buying Private Jets Won’t Make Heaven

Posted: 04 May 2019 04:30 AM PDT

Adewale Giwa, the Senior Pastor of the Awaiting The Second Coming Of Jesus Christ Gospel Church, has lashed out at some Pastors who buy private jets, DailyPost is reporting.

He shared his views in a statement issued on Friday. According to him: "The truth is that, they know they are buying jets to compete with one another. Our God is not a God of convenience, but a God of commitment.

Jesus Christ did not teach us to be using jets to preach the gospel. Any pastor or religious leader who fails to do according to the teachings of Jesus Christ cannot make heaven, I am sure they know this.

Also, I do not want to agree to the statement that we should not judge people. Leviticus 19:15 simply says, ' You shall do no injustice in judgment; you shall not be partial to the poor nor defer to the great, but you are to judge your neighbour fairly," he said.

He went further to urge the affected Pastors to "carefully read Matthew chapter 19:16-27," adding that such clergymen won't make heaven. He opined that such Pastors are not working for God but for themselves.

Ex-Gov Chime’s Wife Seeks Child Custody, N500k Child Support As He Files For Divorce

Posted: 04 May 2019 04:00 AM PDT

Clara Chime, the estranged wife of former Enugu State Governor, Sullivan Chime, on Thursday, asked the FCT High Court, Apo, to grant her custody of her 10-year-old son.

Clara said this in her response at the hearing of the petition filed by Sullivan, seeking the dissolution of their 11 years marriage.

She noted that she is ready for the divorce and prayed that the custody of their son be given to her and child maintenance fee of N500,000 monthly.

Clara told the court that her son was not properly cared for and she is only allowed to see him five hours a month under heavy security.

Clara also informed the court that she was depressed during her marriage because her husband only had marital relations with her only on their wedding night and never touched her so it led to her depressed condition.

She further denied any allegation of schizophrenia but said she only saw the CMD of neural psychiatric because her husband brought him home. The case was adjourned till June 10 for continuation of hearing.

Nigerian Lady Tries Killing Police Officer After Being Caught With Cocaine

Posted: 04 May 2019 03:30 AM PDT

A Nigerian lady has compounded her own woes after a failed attempt to shoot dead a police officer who was asked to monitor her after her arrest for drug trafficking.

31-year-old Blessing Rapuruchukwu Okafor had been arrested with 74 capsules of cocaine at the Canova airport in Trevisto, Italy.

She is said to be among the immigrants that earlier entered Italy through Libya using the Mediterranean Sea. Okafor had been taken to the hospital to excrete the ingested cocaine.

However when taken to the toilet, she tried killing the officer monitoring her. According to the police, the suspect snatched the gun from the officer's holster and tried to shoot it, but it was on safety and didn't fire. The police officer then wrestled the gun from her with the help of other security agents.

Patoranking – Lenge Lenge

Posted: 04 May 2019 03:00 AM PDT


Patoranking – Lenge Lenge. Patoranking releases the official music video for 'Lenge Lenge.'

The Afrobeat themed video sees the singer paying tribute to the Legendary Afrobeat singer, Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.

he video was shot in London and directed by regular collaborator Luke Biggins.




In This Story: #Patoranking #LengeLenge

Sharing is caring. Share this story

‘My girlfriend has a strong mouth odour’ – Man, seeks for advise

Posted: 04 May 2019 02:30 AM PDT


Relationship advise and love doctor, Joro Olumofin, has shared an email he received from a follower seeking for advise on how to tell his girlfriend she has mouth odour.

According to the man, his girlfriend of two weeks has a strong mouth odour and they both enjoy kissing each other. He also stated that he nearly died while holding his breath to kiss his girlfriend.

Read below;

"Good morning Joro
Please how do I tell my girl she has a strong mouth odour without being offensive? We just started dating for two weeks now, I'm a guy that likes kissing and she does too. Every other thing is perfect, fine face, perfect shape.. but this mouth odour is killing. I had to hold my breath when kissing her the last time, I almost died. I had to give her some mint. Pleas, how do I tell her??"



Success Adegor’s parents wedding ceremony (Photos)

Posted: 04 May 2019 02:00 AM PDT


Success Adegor's parents have held a church wedding ceremony after their daughter's video went viral and brought them good fortune.

Success went viral when she was filmed complaining about being sent home from school for not paying her fees.

The video made her popular and saw Nigerians and even people from other countries reaching out to Success and donate money and gift items to her. She also received international recognition and an endorsement deal.

To crown it all, her parents have now been able to have an official wedding ceremony. Success served as the little bride while her brother was the ring bearer at the wedding.


Comedian AY "I Respect Tonto, I Dare Not Troll Her"

Posted: 04 May 2019 01:30 AM PDT

Comedian AY "I Respect Tonto, I Dare Not Troll Her"
Popular comedian, Ayo Makun, has denied putting up a post about Tonto Dikeh.

AY made a post about blames being a waste of time and moving on in life.

He wrote,

Sometimes blaming someone for your actions is a waste of time. No matter how much fault you find with another, and regardless of how much you blame the person, it will not change who you truly are. The only thing blame does is to keep the focus off you when you are looking for… reasons to explain your unhappiness or frustration.

His fans assumed the post was for her but the comedian said he would not dare to troll Tonto as he respects her.

See some of the comments below.




Solomon Buchi Slams Tobi Bakre’s Mother Over Her Marital advice

Posted: 04 May 2019 01:00 AM PDT


Tobi Bakre's mother has been slammed by writer and life coach, Solomon Buchi, Bartholomew, over the comments she made while giving marital advice to couples.

In the video, Tobi Bakre's mother said a woman should not be too jealous and also shouldn't bother about her husband's whereabouts. According to her, doing such will only give the woman more problems.

Watch video below.


n reaction, Solomon Buchi wrote on his Instagram page:

THIS IS CRAP!

@tobibakre 's mom shared tips on how to hold up your marriage as a woman on their 29th marriage anniversary and this is one sad thing I've heard recently.
.
It is horrendous to know that women still think this way, and moreso a woman who has a son and daughters. Is this what she'd pass to them? Habilitating men's irresponsibility and lack of commitment in marriage relationships?
.
This is total crap. If a woman is expected to give full commitment, why shouldn't a man do so too? She even said the woman should be happy at least that he married her, and she shouldn't complain if he goes out. This is disturbing, and even more that some young women also think this way.
.
Marriage is no effing trophy for women and they must not take any crap in it just because a man feels he's given her some medal by getting married to her.
.
It's high time we called men to their senses. We should stop fostering this menace. Commitment is not exclusive to the female gender.
.
This mindset of 'let him be as far as he comes back home and takes care of you' is ludicrous. What if he brings back diseases and infects you? Even if he doesn't infect you, it's total disrespect on the marriage to have mistresses outside. It is emotional abuse.
.
Dear modern woman, this is the last thing you should ever do. If your hubby is a serial cheat. Walk away! Somehow men still cheat because they know women will make up excuses and settle for them. You won't take all this shit when you stop seeing having a man like a trophy, because you'll go for a quality man, not just a chauvinistic and misogynistic animal with a dangling penis that knows no boundaries.
.
She talked about how other women will take over if you leave your cheating hubby. Phew! It's either you have the whole of a man or no man at all. Man no be life. Let others come and take over the crap please.
.
The counsel in this video should never be taken serious. It is old fashioned, obtuse, dehumanizing and doesn't say anything beautiful about women getting married.
.
When I say our parents took a lot of crap just to stay together but that's ending. It has to be a marriage filled with love and commitment or no marriage at all.

Poly graduate docked for $600 internet fraud

Posted: 04 May 2019 12:30 AM PDT



A graduate of Insurance from the Polytechnic Ibadan, Akeredolu Oluwafemi Temidayo, was on Friday arraigned before Justice Joyce Abdulmalik of the Federal High Court, Ibadan Division for an alleged involvement in internet fraud.

Akeredolu (a.k.a. Susan Henderson) was being prosecuted by the Ibadan zonal office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on a three-count charge bordering on obtaining money under false pretence, possession of fraudulent documents and forgery.

The offence, according to the charge sheet, contravened Sections 1, 2 and 6 of the Advance Fee Fraud and other Fraud Related Offences Act, 2006, as well as Section 1 (2) (c) of the Miscellaneous Offences Act, Cap. M17. Laws of the Federation, 2004.

The commission alleged that the accused had been posing online as a woman under the name Susan Henderson through which he fraudulently obtained gift cards worth $300 USD (Three Hundred United States of American Dollars) from one Ross Kirkley.



It further stated that investigations carried out after his arrest revealed that the accused had obtained sundry amounts netting about Six Thousand United States of American Dollars from other unsuspecting victims using the same gimmick.

However, when the charges were read to him, Akeredolu pleaded not guilty.

Owing to the plea, the EFCC's counsel, Mabas Mabur, prayed the court for a trial date and an order to remand the accused in prison custody.

Akeredolu's counsel, Toyese Owoade, however, moved an oral application praying the court to admit him to bail or be returned to the EFCC custody if the bail application would not be granted.

Mabur, however, opposed both prayers, arguing that since the defendant was already before the court, it was only appropriate that he was remanded in prison custody.

After listen to both sides, the presiding judge adjourned the case to May 17 for trial and presentation of formal bail application for consideration. The accused was also ordered to be remanded in prison.

 In This Story:#EFCC #SusanHenderson #JoyceAbdulmalik #ToyeseOwoade #Mabas Mabur #PolythenicGraduate #AkeredoluOluwafemiTemidayo


Sharing Is Caring. Share This Story

World Press Freedom Day: Bayelsa NUJ seeks security for journalists

Posted: 04 May 2019 12:30 AM PDT



The Bayelsa Council of the Nigeria Union of Journalists (NUJ) on Friday called on governments to provide adequate security for journalists deployed for elections.

Mr Samuel Numonengi, Chairman, NUJ, Bayelsa Council, made the call while addressing journalists as part of activities to mark the 2019 International Press Freedom Day at the Ernest Ikoli Press Centre, Yenagoa.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 2019 International Press Freedom Day had the theme: "Media for Democracy: Journalism and Elections in Times of Disinformation".

Numonengi said that the theme  was  apt considering the critical role of the press in shaping democratic practices vis-a-vis its role in ensuring free, fair and credible elections.



According to him, the day serves as a reminder of the importance of free press in democratic practices as proclaimed by the UN General Assembly in 1993.

He noted that the UN had been leading in the advocacy and propagation of the fundamental principles of press freedom and free speech.

Numonengi said that no democracy would be complete without access to transparent and reliable information, adding that free press was the cornerstone for building a fair and impartial society.

He urged politicians, leaders and governments to support media freedom as its served as a catalyst for deepening democracy and sustaining development in digital times.

Numonengi paid tribute to journalists who lost their lives in the line of duty, and called for defence of the media from attacks on their independence to enable them to be the society's watchdog.

NAN reports that hundreds of journalists in Bayelsa turned up for the celebration.

Source:(NAN)

In This Story:#NUJ #SamuelNumonengi #BayelsaCouncil #InternationalPressFreedomDay

Sharing Is Caring. Share This Story

2019 UTME: Nigerians will be shocked by outcome of our probe – JAMB

Posted: 04 May 2019 12:30 AM PDT

Ishaq Oloyede

Registrar, Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board, Prof. Is-haq Oloyede, on Friday said the outcome of its probe into examination fraud between 2009- 2019 would shock many Nigerians.

He said the board has discovered that some prominent Nigerians occupying high positions in the society today did not take its examination themselves.

Oloyede said although the board may not be able to punish these persons because they had already left the system, but it would go ahead to publish their names to shame them.

The JAMB Registrar spoke at the 23rd annual seminar of the Nigerian Academy of Education under the topic, "Admissions into tertiary educational institutions in Nigeria."



He also said the board has hired a Senior Advocate of Nigeria to prosecute over 100 persons caught in various malpractices during the UTME which held between April 11 and 18, and who were arrested by security operatives across the country.

The registrar did not name the SAN leading the prosecution of UTME candidates and professional examination fraudsters.

He also did not state the day the 2019 UTME results would be released.

Oloyede said the board was amused by insinuation that it's sever had crashed.

Such comments, he said, were amusing to members of the board.

The registrar said: "If I were to be punishing every staff of JAMB that is committing infractions, I will not focus on the assignment.

"I will be going from one disciplinary committee to the other and my attention will be diverted.

"And that is why I go for the shortest route; once you are caught to have committed one infraction, you will not be assigned with examination duties again.

"It is a privilege, which I can withdraw. If you are that bad that I don't want to see your face around me, I will transfer you to another place.

"If we have to take disciplinary action against all of them; look at it, today we have 100 people not less than 100 in police cells across the country who were caught for examination malpractices.

"I have appointed a Senior Advocate of Nigeria who is a former Solicitor-General to help me oversee all these so that the suspects can be brought to book.

"And my Director of Legal asked me, what offences should we charge these people for; for multiple registrations? And I said why can't we go to the Examination Malpractice Act?

"So, my problem has started by having to draft the charges, despite the fact that we have evidences against them. That is the beginning of the problem.

"I will now ask to be paying my staff to travel out of Abuja to be testifying in court as they are adjourning month after month the cases and we will be wasting money and time on transport.

"So even now, what we have seen, I tell people that I am more tolerant of corruption in JAMB than when I was as a vice-chancellor at the University of Ilorin."

He added that the board has de-listed no fewer than 76 Computer-Based Test Centres for various infractions in the recently concluded unified tertiary matriculation examination.

In This Story:#JAMB #UTME2019 #Is-haqOloyede #Registrar

Sharing Is Caring. Share This Story
Previous
Next Post »