Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


How Niniola Rose to Stardom from Teaching Job

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 07:30 AM PDT


Music star Niniola in this interview with Punch's Eric Dumo talked about how she started her music career, saying she left the teaching profession for the entertainment industry.

The University of Lagos graduate said she taught at a secondary school in Lagos as part of her undergraduate curriculum, and upon graduation, moved to her dad's school, which she attended, and became a supervisor for a couple of years.

Eventually, "music took hold of me," she said.

There was "some kind of objection from my mother," Niniola said. "But when she realised that I wasn't backing down, she had to support me."

Niniola says she's naturally a ballad singer, but for her love for dancing, she decided to do dance music, describing her style as Afro-house, a blend of Afrobeat and House Music.








In This Story: #Niniola #Stardom #Teaching #Job

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Peruzzi Reveals How He Met Davido And Who Chioma Is To Him

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 07:00 AM PDT


DMW singer, Peruzzi gives account of his relationship with his boss, Davido and how he met him for the first time.

Peruzzi also opened up on his relationship with Chioma, Davido's girlfriend, and how he had to leave the university where he was studying medicine and surgery.

Peruzzi said Chioma is his mother's cousin's daughter and when she told him she was in a relationship with Davido, he found it hard to believe. He also noted that around that time, Davido was also showing him love and supporting his brand on social media.

On Meeting Davido for the First Time

After my mother's burial; I was going home and someone sent me a message on Twitter, commending my song. The person asked if I remembered her. After she explained who she was, I remembered her. She told me Davido sent my song to her. I didn't believe it. She further told me that they were dating and she is like my distant cousin, so I didn't even see it coming.

I felt like how can she be dating Davido and I wouldn't know since. She was able to convince me after she sent me some pictures; she told me he was going to be around the next day. She invited me to his welcome party and I went there around 2 am at Club 57.

Once Davido entered with his entourage, I was scared. He was facing me, but I didn't know what to do. I moved to see him carefully. He looked at me and called my name. I was happy and I held him. He told me he loved my songs and that I should come to his house. That was the best night of my life. I sent Chioma a text; that I was with him.

I couldn't sleep that night because I was too excited. She (Chioma) is my mother's cousin's daughter. But she is my cousin; that is how we refer to each other. I don't have a proper contract with Davido; he is my guy so I am not worried about that. Some people have lived with him for years without any contract.

On Overcoming Challenges

I was born into a family where everybody sings. I have two sisters, and I am the last child and the only son. My dad bought me a piano when I was seven years old. The first song I ever learnt how to play was a gospel song. I was a member of the choir; I was born into a Christian family.

My dad was an engineer and my mum was a nurse. After high school, I went to university to study medicine and surgery. In my first year, I didn't do music because I had to be serious. In my second year, I was at the dinner of a Valentine's Day party and my guys set me up to sing. People liked my rendition and wanted me to continue singing.

I continued, and they started paying me to perform at shows. I started battling with doing music and medicine. I was doing it like that till my third year. After my fifth year, I had issues after my passport was stolen. I travelled to get a new passport and that was when Extreme Music contacted me. I was stressed out and decided to return to Nigeria.

I needed about $400 to complete the money needed for my flight ticket back to Nigeria and my girlfriend gave it to me. We packed my things together and she was even crying. I didn't tell my father I was coming (to Nigeria); I only told my immediate sister and mother. When my father saw me, he thought l came home for a holiday.

When he realised I left my studies, he called a family meeting. I had to leave the house and rent an apartment close to the house because I still needed food from home as I didn't have money at the time. There was no pocket money coming from my father anymore.

My mum used to send me food. I tried my best but it wasn't working out. One man from Malaysia listened to my song and signed me but it still didn't work out. I went to Abuja but my father was still disturbing me and asking me to go back to school.

The pressure was too much and I had to break up with my girlfriend at the time. I started drinking but I decided to channel my anger into writing songs. I didn't listen to any Nigerian music for three years; I was trying to find myself. I was writing songs and singing it to the people in the house.

Three years later, I recorded a song and after that, I lost my mother to cancer. I cried but I still released the song because I was determined. I kept sharing the song. Even though I got blocked by people on social media, I persisted. I went to Abuja to do radio rounds.

I slept and woke up one evening, only to check my phone and saw messages from people telling me to check Davido's Snapchat account. I saw that he liked my song; I was excited. I still didn't know what to do. I wasn't tempted to send Davido a message on social media. My song, Amaka, with 2Baba also changed my life financially; I got a lot of calls for shows.

On Comments about Wearing Davido's Clothes

How would you see something you like and you can't tell your male friend that you like it? I told him I liked an outfit and he gave it to me. I have come to realise that no matter what I do, people would talk. I don't let it get to me.

#BBNaija2019: Omashola is a Friend to some of Your Fave Celebs!

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 06:30 AM PDT

One thing that being a housemate in the Big Brother Naija house does is to push people into stardom

With millions of people watching the reality show across the continent, there is no doubt that it's a great platform to meet people.

BBNaija season 4 housemate Omashola doesn't have that problem. He's already a friend to the stars and he has even called Shina Peller, Nigerian Entrepreneur, and Politician, his godfather.

Today, we've put together the photos of 10 celebs Omashola has been spotted with before his BBNaija journey began.

Check on it!

***






#BBNaija2019: Mike reveals he misses his Wife

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 06:00 AM PDT


Big Brother Naija 2019 housemate, Mike has revealed he misses his beloved wife, Perri Shakes-Drayton.

Mike made this known during Saturday's diary session with Biggie.


His words;

I've got my Wife, who i am consistently thinking about, which is nice that i did bring my photos which are small sentimental valued pieces that connect back home with, but also my siblings, my mother, my comfort, are the things that i miss.

#BBNaija: KimOprah & Ella signed as Bet9ja ambassadors

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 05:30 AM PDT


Recently evicted big brother Naija housemates, Kim Oprah and Ella have been signed as ambassadors of sports bet giant, Bet9ja.

The two evicted housemates were evicted after two weeks in the house after they got the lowest votes when they came up for eviction.


The duo joined Avala and Isilomo who were evicted after the first week in the house as ambassadors.

The evicted Big Brother Naija housemates, Kim Oprah and Ella both got the opportunity to sign as affiliate ambassadors of Bet9ja, the sponsors of the show.


Actor John Dumelo Joins Politics

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 05:00 AM PDT


Popular Ghanaian actor, John Dumelo is set to join other entertainers who have branched into politics.

In a post on his Instagram page, Dumelo declared his intention to run as the parliamentary candidate for his constituency.

"It's time for Ayawaso West Wuogon….it's time to listen and serve the interest of the people. It's time for change….I John Dumelo, humbly ask you to support me on this journey. God bless you and God bless Ghana. Please follow the official campaign page for daily updates. @dumelo42020 #takingac


Wumi Toriola slams those advising her to stop flaunting her baby bump on social media

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 04:30 AM PDT

Wumi Toriola disabled comments advising her to stop flaunting her baby bump on social media, pointing out the negativity it brings to her page.

According to the actress, she seeks respect for her decision as she also respects the decision of many who live in polygamy and choose to hide it. She concluded by telling her followers to stop forcing their way of life on others.

Wumi wrote;

The Wrestle is not against internet,it is not against ig commenters,we wrestle against principalities ,powers and rulers of darkness in high places,I try to ignore this talk but my dm is always full,i appreciate the love but i hate when people bring negativity to my page,you hid your baby bump then expose the child at birth or in blood,what difference does it make ????????

Yes others hide it,some its personal,some in polygamy and they chose to hide it(respect)i choose not to hide it so respect that and live and let live,stop forcing your ways of life on people,had to just say it because they are not gonna stop coming to my dm anytime soon…

See photos


Simi says she met Adekunle Gold on Facebook

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 04:00 AM PDT


Simi in an interview with Bolanle on Ndani TV, the 'Joromi' crooner revealed that she met Adekunle Gold on Facebook and their first meeting was at a show she headlined in Lagos.

Simi further revealed that she never knew her husband as a singer on first meeting, but as 'King of Photoshop'. They went on to become friends, dated and eventually got married

The singer went on to talk about learning the art of mixing and mastering from YouTube, which she showed off in Adekunle Gold's album.

Ex-YBNL Act Lyta: ‘I love Olamide, I just want him to forgive me’

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 03:30 AM PDT

Ex-YBNL Act Lyta: 'I love Olamide, I just want him to forgive me' 
Ex-YBNL act, Lyta, in a recent interview, openly apologized to his former boss, Olamide and pleaded with him to forgive him.

According to him, he is regretting his action and was left with no choice but beg for his forgiveness in public.

In the new interview with Dotun, Lyta said he had to meet with fuji star, Pasuma to calm Olamide, so he can forgive him.

Lyta further went ahead to make a vow to do anything just for his apology to be accepted by Olamide, adding that he loves the multi-award winning rapper.

Lyta also revealed that he misses Fireboy and the rest of the YBNL family.





In This Story: #ExYBNL #Lyta #Olamide #forgiveme

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Vicky Zugah apologizes to woman who cursed her for snatching her hubby

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 03:00 AM PDT

Vicky Zugah apologizes to woman who cursed her for snatching her hubby
Vicky Zugah has revealed that after weeks of searching, she has now finally found the married woman who cursed her for dating her husband.

The curse was uncovered after she visited Prophet Prince Elisha in his church. The Ghanaian Prophet disclosed that Vicky Zugah was warned several times to stay away from the married man spending a lot on her, but she remained adamant.

However after the aggrieved woman went physical with her confrontation, the Ghanaian actress called the man who drove her down to his house and assaulted his wife before her.

From a place of pain and in her absence, it was gathered that the woman placed a curse of never being taken seriously in any relationship and never getting getting married on Vicky Zugah, and it was meant to be potent till she dies. To break the curse, she was instructed to find the woman and reconcile with her.

Giving an update on her search for reconciliation, Vicky Zugah revealed that she has made peace with the woman. She also thanked her fans for their support during the search, and further disclosed that everything has been reversed.




In This Story: #VickyZugah #apologizes #woman #cursed #snatching #hubby

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Tonto Dikeh's ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill to stake $100,000 on Anthony Joshua to win his rematch against Ruiz

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 02:30 AM PDT

Tonto Dikeh's ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill to stake $100,000 on Anthony Joshua to win his rematch against Ruiz
Tonto Dikeh's ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill to stake $100,000 on Anthony Joshua to win his rematch against Ruiz

Tonto Dikeh's estranged husband, Olakunle Churchill has disclosed that he is set to stake $100,000 in the next for Anthony Joshua to win Ruiz at the upcoming rematch.

He made this disclosure while re-posting an update the boxing icon posted on his social media page, where he wrote that he is coming back to defeat Andy Ruiz Jr and claim back his title.

Anthony Joshua had written:

"I will become 2x World Champion 🌍 #AJBXNG (link in bio)"

Then Olakunle Churchill in his repost, captioned the video:

"I can bet 100 thousand dollars for this fight ( Anthony and Ruiz rematch ) anthony Joshua is coming back to win👌#teamanthonyjoshua . Anyone ready ?"

Nadia Buari shares rare photos of herself, husband and beautiful children enjoying a stroll

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 02:00 AM PDT

Nadia Buari shares rare photos of herself, husband and beautiful children enjoying a stroll
Ghanaian actress, Nadia Buari, who has been very private about her family took to Instagram to share these rare photos of herself enjoying a stroll with her husband and their four beautiful children.

See another photo below.


Nadia Buari is a Ghanaian actress. She received two nominations for Best Actress in a Leading Role at the Africa Movie Academy Awards in 2009.





In This Story: #NadiaBuari #photos #husband #beautiful #children #stroll

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Yoruba Actor, Agbako – ‘My Spirit Will Flog You If You Shed Crocodile Tears At My Funeral’

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 01:30 AM PDT

Veteran Yoruba actor Abdulsalam Ishola Sanyaolu, popularly known as Charles Olumo 'Agbako' has stated that he would appreciate if people do not shed crocodile tears at his funeral.


The actor who was down with a strange ailment that rendered him incapacitated has now recovered and has granted an interview to make things clear.

The 94-year-old in the interview stated that he is using the interview as a medium to tell people not to come to his funeral and fake tears as when he needed their help no one was available.

Agbako went on to say that he has been very ill but thankfully, he is back on his feet. The actor added that his ailment was heart-related as he was told his heart was weak and he also at one point forget things.

He said he was placed on some drugs and he is feeling much better.

In an interview, the actor revealed that their generation suffered a lot  "we didn't make money from acting. During our time, we worked to entertain people. I started as an entertainer, whereby 12 people will be pounding (yam) on my chest. At times, I would be dancing on broken bottles." He said. He also revealed that the ailment was as a result of those dangerous things you've done in the past?

Kate Henshaw shut down her birthday party with dazzling dancing skills

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 01:00 AM PDT


The actress wowed in a black bodysuit for the party and again proved age is just a number with her dancing skill.

Recall that yesterday Kate Henshaw, also showed off a bit of her lively personality as she shared videos of herself dancing on social media.The very athletic actress flaunted her enviable dance moves as she twisted and turned during a photo shoot.

The forever young looking actress is obviously glad that she has clocked 48 and she is not about to let the fear of old age dim her shine.





In This Story: #KateHenshaw #Birthday #party #dazzling #dance #skills

Sharing is caring. Share this story

Celebrities react as Falz tells Teni ‘I have so much feelings for you’ after sharing a kiss with her

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 12:30 AM PDT

Celebrities react as Falz tells Teni 'I have so much feelings for you' after sharing a kiss with her
Singer Teni and lawyer turned singer, Folarin Falana, popularly known as Falz both shared what look like a romantic attraction for each other as Falz in a viral video was seen confessing his love to Teni

"Teni I have so much feeling for you" He said and Teni, blushing, asked him for a kiss, which he willing obliged…

'Kiss so smooth!!!', she captioned the video

And other celebrities could not help but make comments abpout the video, in the comment section. Reads comments…



Timi Dakolo raises alarm as strange gun men storm his house

Posted: 21 Jul 2019 12:00 AM PDT

Timi Dakolo raises alarm as strange gun men storm his house
Timi Dakolo whose wife Busola, recently filed allegations against COZA pastor, Biodun Fatoyinbo has raised an alarm on his Instagram page this afternoon.

He shared a photo and said strange men with guns are currently keeping watch in front of his house. His followers have advised him to call the police.

However, singer Ruggedman reached out to police PRO and commander of RRS,and policemen where sent to Timi's house to forestall danger.

"We reached out to the police PRO and commander of RRS. He says his boys r there outside your house n the white bus has gone. U can go down n talk to his boys." Ruggedman said. It was also reported that the plate number of the bus is invalid.
See photo

Previous
Next Post »