Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Photos: ’35 And Getting It’ – Toke Makinwa Slays In Sexy Bra Top

Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:30 AM PST

 Media personality, Toke Makinwa who just clocked 35 last month, has been rocking her new age in style.

She dazzles in two-piece outfit where she rocked fitted shimmery skirt with matching bra top looking so alluring.


She shared the photos with the caption: '35 and getting it'

She is presently looking for a boyfriend to enjoy the Christmas season with. The relationship is expected to last for just two weeks.

Trump replies Nigerian boy who drew a portrait of him on Twitter

Posted: 05 Dec 2019 12:00 AM PST

A Young Nigerian artist has got the attention of one of the worlds most prominent leaders, President Donald Trump, with his talents.

The boy identified as @doks_art on twitter, posted photos of portraits Donald he drew, which caught Trumps attention.

Trum in his response to the photo showered enconmium on the boy for his fantastic talent. He wrote;
Not only did I see it @Doks_Art, I think it is fantastic. You are a wonderful artist, never give up your dream!



See art work below





Femi Otedola celebrates a million followers on Instagram

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:30 PM PST

Billionaire business mogul, Femi Otedola recently hit a million followers on Intagram and he can't be happier, even though the figure is far lower than what he has in his bank account.

About a year ago, sometimes around June, Otedola was fairly new Instagram, but as soon as he joined the social network, he hit the ground running with his posts. Recall that he created the "Gelato" trend for his daughter via Instagram recently too.

Taking to Instagram to celebrate reaching a million followers, Femi Otedola thanked his supporters for making up his fan base. he wrote;

"1 Million Followers! Thank you to each and every one of my followers. �� … F.Ote�"


Kenneth Omeruo posts first photo of Flavour’s 3rd daughter

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 11:00 PM PST

Flavour welcomes a second child with his baby mama, former beauty queen Sandra Okagbue, in November 2018 and since then, they have kept the baby away from the media.

No pictures, no updates, they both went silent over the child is now a proud father of three kids as Sandra Okagbue welcomes third child.

According to several blogs, the baby they welcomed was a son, but they were wrong. The baby was a girl and she's all grown now.

They have been keeping their second child away from the media, but footballer Omeruo has unknowingly shared photo of the baby.

Omeruo who shared the photo while sharing photos from his daughter's 1st birthday, has now deleted the photo.

Apparently, Sandra might have called his attention to the fact that they are not ready to share photos of the child online, hence he took it down.

See full photo below


Photos: Genevieve Nnaji’s beauty is the topic of discussion between Nollywood celebrities

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:30 PM PST

Nollywood Actress and filmaker, Genevieve Nnaji innocently took to her Instagram to share a recent photo, and also wish her fans a happy new month, not to become the topic of discussion.

But when you glow differently, it's hard for people to hide their remark. After she posted the photo, her colleagues, Uche Jombo, Funke Akindele, Toyin Abraham compliment her over her ever beautiful and ageless look.

The actresses could not stop gushing over the photo, one would think they are normal fans.

See the photo and their comments below:



Anthony Joshua set to pocket $85million from his rematch with Andy Ruiz Jnr

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 10:00 PM PST


The purses for Saturday night's world heavyweight championship rematch between Anthony Joshua and Andy Ruiz Jnr in Saudi Arabia have been revealed.

According to Riyadh Newsflash, Anthony Joshua will pocket a whopping $85million from the rematch, while Andy Ruiz Jnr will go home with $13million even if he wins or loses the bout. That's $2 million more than he earned in the first meeting with Joshua.

Anthony Joshua will attempt to regain his WBA, IBF and WBO Heavyweight titles he lost to Ruiz Jr back in June at Madison Square Garden. The Mexican boxer defeated Joshua in the seventh-round to hand British/Nigerian boxer his first professional loss.

The anticipated rematch will take place on Saturday, December 7, 2019, in Diriyah, Saudi Arabia.

Rosy Meurer currently being dragged for attending an awards show baring nothing underneath her gown

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:30 PM PST

Actress, Rosy Meurer is currently being dragged for attending an awards show baring nothing underneath her gown.

Many web users have expressed their displeasure over her choice of outfit to the event which they say "exposed too much flesh including her thighs."

Meurer bagged the award for the "Best Actress of the Year (2019)" at the Igbere TV Leadership Excellence Awards organized by TONTRENDS.

See photos below;



Other celebrities were present at the event which took place at the Sheraton Hotels and Resorts, Abuja, on Thursday.

See reactions below:



Photos: Miss World organizers ban Miss Ukraine for being a single mother

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

Veronika Didusenko, who was crowned Miss Ukraine 2018 for only four days, has filed a lawsuit against the organisers of Miss World. She was banned from representing her country at the global pageant that year after it was revealed that she had been married and is mother to a five-year-old.


Veronica launched the global campaign #RightToBeAMother after that.

The 24-year-old called the rules of the pageant "discriminatory on various grounds, namely marital status, and pregnancy and maternity," in one of her Instagram posts which she shared on Sunday, blasting Miss World.

She also wrote, "I don't want the crown back. I want to get the rules changed for wider society. These rules are a systemic, widespread and international policy that results in discrimination on large scale across many countries."


Veronika's lawsuit claims that Miss World breached the Equality Act, 2010, of the United Kingdom.

The Act legally protects discrimination against anyone on the basis of age, gender reassignment, being married or in a civil partnership, being pregnant or on maternity leave, race and several other factors.

Agence France-Presse reported Miss World organisers have still not commented on the issue.

The 69th Miss World Finale will be held on December 14, 2019, in London, United Kingdom.

Etinosa: N10million before midnight and I would smoke on the Quran

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:30 AM PST

Nollywood Actress, Etinosa Idemudia has demanded for N10million to be transferred into her account before midnight, before she would release the video of herself smoking on a Quran.

Recall that the actress recently used the Holy Bible as a ashtray while smoking, and she boldly posted the video on her page for Nigerians to see.

Immediately the video went viral, Nigerians attacked her in their numbers for disrespecting the Bible and dared her to try it with the Quran.

Reacting to this, the actress earlier asked for a Quran to be given to her, so she would mess it up in two seconds. Currently, it appears the actress changed her mind, as she has just demanded N10million before releasing the video.

According to her, she can't be serving entertainment to Nigerians and giving content to bloggers free of charge, without any reward.

Some Nigerians are insisting that fear has taken a grip on her, and she's just using her N10m demand as a camouflage to divert people's attention from her matter.

Watch the video below;




Singer Simi reveals what goes on in her marriage

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 06:00 AM PST

Talented Nigerian Singer, Simi and her hubby, Adekunle Gold are no doubt enjoying their life as a married couple, and Simi just confirmed that in her recent tweet.

Due to the nature of their careers, their marriage is obviously in the public eye and fans often wonder what goes on with the couple.

One fan recently took to twitter to share her imagination of what happens in the Kosoko household

The fan wrote;
"I just imagined Simi and Adekunle at home. They'd be singing all over the place".

Simi then corrected the fan's impression with her reply which reads;

"Ew. Why do people think this ? Lol all we do is watch netflix, touch lips and laugh at people on twitter"

See exchange below;


I won his giveaway but he cursed me and blocked me- Man calls out Tunde Ednut

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:30 AM PST

A young man, identified as Pablo has called out popular blogger, Tunde Ednut for 'scamming' him by refusing to pay him his giveaway cash prize after being pronounced winner.

Sharing screenshots of what actually transpired as evidence, the young man said Tunde had asked a question on his page, promising N30k cash prize for anyone who gets the answer.


The Question was- 'What exact date was Sowore arrested?'

According to Pablo, he had gotten the answer correctly and he also shared a screenshot which showed Tunde announcing him as winner of the giveaway.

However, he complained that he was snubbed by Tunde when he sent him a DM to claim his price. After being snubbed for days, he threatened to go public and Tunde 'cursed' him and blocked him.

Watch the video below;

Basketmouth breaks silence after EU’s disqualification over rape joke

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 05:00 AM PST

Popular comedian, Bright Okpocha aka Basketmouth was recently removed as a EU ambassadors. This was after some Twitter users reported his old joke that seemed to promote rape culture.

Here's what he has to say about it;

"Almost every morning in the blogs, on the news, there's a picture of a man sitting on the floor pleading, the caption is usually in the line of 'its the devils handwork' and the topic is from underage defilement, rape or brutality against a woman or minor. I live in this same world with my most prized possessions my wife, my two daughters, my sisters and women who have built me into the man I am.

I was recently presented an opportunity to create awareness on the efforts of the EU to bring support to fighting this scourge, it was a no-brainer for me. I refused any compensation for it and volunteered to lend my voice because….its our fight, it's not for the EU…its for my girls' future.

Unfortunately, a few years ago I shared up a Facebook post that I thought was shedding light through humor to the entitled crude and very present behavioral patterns of some African men who equate spending to sexual favors, but I also realized then that women actually have to face this daily and its harrowing and I deeply apologized for it

I sincerely pray that this does not take away from the most important fight of our lives….the fight to secure our future…because the girl child is our future. I strongly appreciate the EU for this amazing platform to improve our lot, as long as the message reaches the ears of those who need it, then it's a win.

To every woman – our mothers, sisters, lovers, wives, crowns, supporters, prayer partners, foundation, life…. thank you for being who you are. So many times you sacrifice who you are for a man to become who he wants to be. It's time we all love and and also support you like you do us….cos in your light, we all shine. Bless".

Senator Ben Bruce calls on President Buhari to support Anthony Joshua ahead of his rematch with Ruiz

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 04:30 AM PST

Senator Ben Murray- Bruce has declared support for British born Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua who would take on Mexican-American fighter, Andy Ruiz Jr in their heavyweight rematch.

Ruiz stunned the boxing world when he knocked Joshua down four times before stopping him in the seventh round of their heavyweight world title fight in June. He would be putting his three belts on the line in the rematch when the rivals clash in the desert of Saudi Arabia on December 7.


In a series of Tweets today, Ben Bruce wrote:

" I want you to know we are with you, @anthonyfjoshua. I am confident that on December 7, you will go out and make yourself and your motherland proud. I am behind you. Nigerians are behind you. I call on @MBuhari to show support for Anthony as he puts Nigeria on the world stage, Dec7."


Retired Footballer, Chified says “D is highly overrated”

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 04:00 AM PST

Retired Danish-Nigerian footballer, Chified, while replying to a comment on her recent video which showed her sagging her pants, stated that 'D' is highly overrated.

Chified shared a video of herself dancing, with her trousers hanging low on her waist, and the follower gave her an unsolicited advice. The follower said;

"@chified my nigga take your pants up you ain't got D in their."

Reacting to the statement, Chified said;

"lol… what does a D have to do with it? This una D sef is highly overrated… I ain't got it and I most definitely do not need it to do me. Got it?"


Ghanaian business mogul, Ibraah One slams Ghana for welcoming Tacha

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:30 AM PST

Ghanaian business mogul, Ibraah One has slammed his country men for the way they welcomed BBNaija disqualified housemate Tacha to their country.

Tacha arrived Ghana a few days ago and was received at the airport by a crowd baring flowers. She has since been touring media houses as the love from Ghanaians keep soaring.


Reacting to the love Tacha has been getting from Ghanaians, Ibrah One took to social media to express disgust for it.

According to him:

"Ghanaians love giving attention to unnecessary things and people. How can you be hailing 'body odor' who got disqualified because of lack of manners?," he wrote wrote.


Davido flaunts N150million diamond encrusted Necklace

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 03:00 AM PST

It is a known fact that ace singer, Davido doesn't hold back when it comes to spending on diamond jewelries. However, it appears he has outdone himself this time with his latest diamond necklace.

Davido shared a photo of the diamond encrusted necklace some moments ago with the caption, 'I didn't come to play'.

Wondering how much it cost? Famous US celebrity Jeweler, Ice Box said it cost N150 million Naira which is approximately,$410 thousand dollars.

Davido is widely known for his ability to spend on jewelries and material stuff. From buying cars to expensive jelweries, the singer has really created a name for himself.



Yomi Fabiyi – Why I am very angry with Toyin Abraham

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:30 AM PST


Yomi Fabiyi is a very notable actor, director, and producer in Nollywood.

In this interview with BIODUN ALAO, he addressed why he is always against Toyin Abraham and why he has decided to stand alone to make peace in the Yoruba movies industry.

Most people are of the opinion that you have something against Toyin Abraham, because you are always against her on social media.  How true is that?

For those that probably get to know us when I am trying to correct some vices in the industry. I have always been there for my colleagues in the industry, not just in Toyin's case alone, even for my friend that are not in the movie industry, for my family members for people on the street, that I don't even know anything about. That is exactly who I am I and how God has created me. Maybe that is why, I have not been extremely rich, I care and fight for people more compared to myself. And I am not ready to change that for anything because that is exactly who I am.


In Toyin's case when I choose to stop our friendship several things that she has done, some that I noticed on social media, some came as huge surprise and I was like, it better not be you when some issues came up, I got angry, corrected her and forgive her immediately, because I thought it was not intentional. Take for example Baba Suwe denied being side, I was scared NDLEA was going to come for me, that God I managed the situation and God. Also managed it for me and the truth came out later. I never did anything wrong to her and I have always did anything wrong to her and I have always been there as a friend.

But honestly, what really annoyed me that also made me keep coming out against her is this. A lady that I have never met in my life, somebody that will probably would be my fan and even respect me for my exploit in the industry could go to the extend to plot evil against me all because I was advertising my movie.

A particular movie Toyin wanted to act in but I said. I wanted a new face to play the lead, the movie is titled "Agbedi Meji's but I stood my ground on using a new face not because she is not a fantastic actress or I don't appreciate her talent, but because I feel it is wrong for me to keep using a particular face for my movies. If this does not go well with you, I expect that you will let me know. I have used you in some other movies, where you have won best actor for my movie and I mean well for you. I never betrayed or hurt you, and all our secret remain intact.

Eventually when the movie came out, when I should be doing well with my movie, it was suppose to be the next level because it was an old school movies and I shot it in Cinema standard though my intention was not Cinema but I was only trying to test run and the audience love it and included it was a Cinema standard movie. I expected all the support I deserve from you, but all of a sudden a strange lady called Eunice Eniola Omoshalewa Lawal posted on instablog on the comment section of a particular article that was posted, wrote all manner of lies about me, and people started tagging me, so I went to check and also checked the persons name.

First thing I wanted to do was to Ignore because the moment you give it a response you have given the story life. Then the next day instablog munched that particular comment from the comment section added my picture and the lady's in question picture and gave it an headline. I looked at the story critically, added two plus two and went straight to her (Toyin)I wanted to see reaction, what I got was really disappointing, and that was won I told her, that I don't want to know the role she played in the whole issue but I will never be her friend again.

But that particularly lady Omoshalewa would have paid yearly for her mistake, I will definitely get to the bottom of the whole story. I might not be the first actor to be accused wrongly or have scandals in the industry but I was really angry with the whole issue. And I was like if this menace becomes a trend, it will definitely destroy the movie industry. I know the sacrices I have done for the sake of peace in the industry.
 
After the dealth of Moji Olaiya, during the burial, we had three different prayer sections for deaths to stop in the industry. I initiated it because I want the best for my colleagues in the industry I want all of us to live to eat. The fruits of our labour. I know how actors work so hard to get that stardom and keep it. What would I gain if anybody dies, what would I gain, if no one is making it. I have nothing to gain. As far as am concerned, they are all my first family. So if somebody for whatever reason will now use a fan, an innocent fan to perpetrate evil, violence, extreme witchcraft to a fellow actor and we all keep quiet, it will surely gets worst. I charged the lady to count.

I informed the Commissioner of Police, I wrote a petition that I need the case to be thoroughly investigated. I also submitted myself for any investigation  low and behold those behind the lady made her leave the house, she started evading invitation from the Commissioner of Police I got so frustrated, in between the human affairs was involved, at that time, my health, reputation went through a lot in the industry. When I was invited to the human affairs and domestic violence office, I told the woman, first and foremost you called today and want me to appear before your immediately, things are not done that way. I said the lady in question that ran to you to complain at least should have evidence of what I have accused off, also that I don't know, and we don't have any sort of connection, she didn't respond. The issues went on for a while, she kept writing in her page and getting unnecessary support  the next thing she wrote another petition to the AIG, the same day she wrote the petition, she got approval, next thing, was that they called me, and I should come to the PPRO office, that is Dolapo Badmus's office.

How can a criminal petition been written and it is the PPRO that will handle the situation. She is very familiar with lots of actors and actresses in the movie industry, I guess they just wanted her to settle us without so much drama because of her relationship with celebrities, and she can take care of issues like that easily. The lady kept posting on her page that I have been summoned to the AIG, and in other to scare me you went to higher rank. I purposely went to the AIG myself just to prove a point and when I got there, it really dawn on me, that I have never met this woman in question before, and I insisted that we must both be investigated, and I was ready to face any punishment if I was actually guilty of anything. Dolapo Badmus has video of everything that transpired between us that day at the office.
 
After instigation, they realized everything will she accused me of was totally false. If I have to go to court on this issue, I will appreciate her to release the video to the general public. So if somebody I have never met, and a fan can be used for such evil and dirty act. So the moment I suspect in this evil act is about to hurt another person, are you telling me to keep quiet. So I have been begging people to shop tagging me controversial, because I mean well for people, so I will not keep quiet and allow violence to prevail in the industry.

But lots of people believe I am doing it because I went fame and attention. I do good movies, I write very good scripts, I know how much it cost to do screenplay and I do that myself. You don't even know what I have upstairs, but you go to social media and say, am seeking for attention, for what most of this people fake their lifestyle, which I don't. I just want peace in the industry. While I was still at that, Mercy Aigbe was about to be given endorsement,  the moment she was being unveiled, war started again. Just because the guy managing both of you and fight for endorsement for you both.

The moment Samuel Olatunji released footages from the endorsement deal, my friend and colleague Toyin looked at the timing and concluded, it is going to be wrong to create a fake account, and it will take a while to create a fake account to carry out any action, she used her own personal account to accuse Mercy Aigbe of what she never did, and subjected her to cyber attacks and bullying. I would not say, because I want to be loved by anybody, I will see things, keep  quiet and not explain. If I do the same evil some else with expose me, that is why we need to be careful. It doesn't mean I don't like Toyin, or even wish her bad, but because I want her to stop the act, and the fans joining hard to perpetrated the evil, should show, this is what you are being used for. When the first attack came, Mercy got over 2367 attacks on Ig, nobody supported her, she was so scared to even speak out.

Not everybody can express themselves on social media, they might be misquoted. Toyin slammed the second attack. It was when the second attack dropped I was like, you are my friend and you are highly talented. Something keeps telling you, you have fans, you have followers and you can bring anybody down. If I decided to talk to you over the phone, you won't listen. You have done it to me and am still nursing movie.

Then I have to quickly speak up and immediately I did that. The so called fans are all on social media, none of them knows what is happening in the industry. I have the liberty to tell you the truth situation, and because it is about evil, if not immediately handled, it might lead into something else, the attacking each other spiritually and I don't want that to happen, this is what is happening why are you people insulting the wrong person. The guy managing them had to quickly step in and claim it was a stunt. They are trying to do damage control, damage control that will still damage things. If not quickly handle.

I don't care, if I stand alone, once my conscience is clear. So if someone read meanings to what I have said how is that my fault. The most important thing is that I have been able to prove a point, and you are not allowed to do evil beside me. that was how I was raised. That gave mercy courage that at least, there's someone who actually knows the truth, she now reacted to the story, in a very moderate way.

Then Toyin apologized for her actions, she has not grown above. Scolding in the industry I don't' dislike Toyin, when someone she was even in love with tried to treat her bad in the industry, I stood by her. Most people were like, why are you supporting her like that? I said No, you don't have any right to treat her that way. If we often do that in this country, it will be a better place for us to live in. At a people thought he was going to kill me but am still alive.

As far as my concern, am doing what is right, the fact that I didn't choose to behave like others. Doesn't make me bad. That should make sense to people I don't care if people don't love me out there. You don't need to like me because am doing the right thing. So that was why I voiced out on their issue.

Trying is a big brand and it is not like am trying in any way to bring her down but just wanted to change something about her, the whole idea of using fans, fake accounts to send negative information, damaging informations, going to other pages to troll and curse your colleagues is not acceptable. Just because some people decided not to celebrate you after you put to birth does not mean, they don't like you. Social media is not the only way and place to celebrate your colleagues social media is now the yardstick to measure who is more popular and who is more loved, then the moment, they see someone trending on the same social media, they want to use every possible  means to bring such person down, and life is not like that.

The very day, they were celebrating with Toyin on the birth of her baby, another account went to Wunmi Toriola's page to wish her evil during delivery because she is not in good terms with Toyin. I don't need to grow gray hair before realizing, to some extent, am an elder in the industry and need to speak out on some issues. Because keeping quiet will not even make people love you at the first place, but will definitely put some certain things into places. So that is the main season I speak out on issues not necessarily because of Toyin.

There's no how the kind of love I have for her will disappear totally, but I can't keep quite, when I know, this is what you do indirectly, that I know. That your fans are using your name to do and you boldly came out to say that you can't control what your fans do.
 
No same person will say it, especially when your fans are using your name to cross the line, to do evil to your colleagues create social media violence, will somebody bully somebody, don't forget that anybody can be bullied to death or even commit suicide. Bullying is a very dangerous weapon, and you came out to say, I can't control them. It is so unfortunate that the whole industry has been watching things, then keep quiet, because nobody want to be tagged controversial. What if I create fake account and do same to her. Heavens known I can't even remember the last time I visited her page. I will never open any account to spy on anybody. I know almost all the Ig handle of all my colleagues.

I don't necessarily have to follow them or they follow me, but I know their handles. That is why, people see me talk most time and it will continue until I realize that has stopped in the industry.

To, me, am winning, not for myself though, but for common sense, peace. Look at the other lady that cried out, people ignored her pain, they don't even want to know. What made her come out to shout. They just feel, oh why should you react. You should act like a posh person. But honestly, which one of us knows went she went through and why she voiced out. Then the response of my deal colleagues was not encouraging at all. Somebody used your name to send a damaging report secretly to an organization, that should be a major concern to my colleagues that things like that should not be done.

No fan should do this in my name knowingly or unknowingly,  this person will see me as any enemy,  so I need to dear my name , but when you said no I can't tell them what to do, is the society expected to keep quiet about such an issues? If they pick that lady and trace that account property, we will be surprise that, it is someone that is behind it or it is not even exacting at all. I don't make troubles, I just want to be there for people, help people, the sky is big enough to accommodate enough stars. Lots of people misunderstand me and called me names.

I respected and keep friendship a lot but I don't support evil in whatever form.

I have had a good relationship with Toyin for over 10 years, it is now fans are advising her that am not her good friend. Am very sure deep town inside her, she will just say Ah Yomi is not like that, I have actually done something wrong. That is why, he is upset. If I have done the right thing. I would have loss such a friend. She knows that all those negative remarks about me  is not who I am. I need to use social media to correct, the way they are using social media to attack. It is not like am attacking her or against her in anyway.

Far from it. Iyabo Ojo tried to make peace between us and I told her, you know once I make peace, I don't fight again. It is so sad that you place yourself in that situation, don't think oh you have lots of followers that will always support anything you do. You are bigger than that. Stay away from it. Express yourself with your craft and you will make good money. I want you to understand that using fake accounts to monitor your colleagues, you are indirectly exposing  them to throlls, because away fans who from association to be used to throll other actors or actresses, I want you to understand that you have automatically became agent of destruction.

If those are the followers you have and rely on. You will just be there and remain empty and they will continue to cost you. So many pain and I don't expect such for you at this stage of your life.

Fans react after ex-chelsea footballer, Didier Drogba was spotted using an ‘Iphone 6’

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 02:00 AM PST

Social media is currently buzzing after it was discovered that retired footballer, Didier Drogba, uses an iphone 6.

Some online users are now of the opinion that no one should feel pressured to own the latest gadget because "If Drogba, a multi-millionaire' can still be using an Iphone 6, then no one should feel pressured.

Some reactions below ;

Aremex wrote ;

See, you will just kill yourself in this life if you don't work on your mentality. If a whole Drogba can be using iPhone 6 despite being a multi millionaire, you that u are redeeming 50$ iTunes card will still be using iPhone 11 pro. Mentality is a gift o

Aoejnr wrote ;
If Drogba, a successful individual, is using iPhone 6 do you need bleed or kill yourself for iPhone 11.

Thereal turner wrote ;
A Multimillionaire like Drogba is using an iPhone 6, and you that is not even eating well wants to buy iPhone 11. Can't you see that you brain has gone into coma. Better set you piorities right.

Tacha – “Nigeria needs to learn from Ghana”

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:30 AM PST

Controversial BBNaija reality star, Tacha Akide, who seems to be enjoying her stay in Ghana, has dished out a word of advice to Nigerians.

Recall that the Big Brother Naija season ex-housemate travelled for a 'meet and greet' session with her fans alongside media tour of radio and TV stations.

Whilst updating her fans on social media, Tacha shared a video in which she advised her fellow Nigerians to emulate the act of orderliness from Ghanaians.

In the video, the serial entrepreneur was stuck in traffic and she was amazed at how organized the line was.

According to her, there was no shunting or chaos to beat the gridlock.

The reality star also revealed that she is having issues with her Visa and as such would not be able to travel to South Africa.

Watch the video below:


Bayelsa Election: Bayelsa Gov. Dickson, Nigeria Police, others dragged to court

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:07 AM PST

Bayelsa Election: Bayelsa Gov. Dickson, Nigeria Police, others dragged to court
Governor Seriaki Dickson

The Government of Bayelsa State, has been dragged to court by three indigenes of Nembe in Nembe Local Government Area of the State over the Government's decision to set up a Commission of Inquiry into the violence and killings in the LGA on November 13 during a botched campaign of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).

Daily Post reports that the suit was filed by the plaintiffs namely Chief Christopher Ayebaemi Erewari, Chief Ebi Ipogi Daniel Kpaya and Mr Ebiriegbeghabo Benjamin Kwomo at the Federal High Court Port Harcourt, with suit number FHC/PH/CS/252/19.

The Commission of Inquiry, the Chairman and all members of the Commission, the Governor of Bayelsa State, the Attorney- General of Bayelsa State, the Attorney- General of the Federation and the Nigeria Police Force were listed as defendants.

Daily Post also reports that, the suit through an originating summons is seeking a declaration that Bayelsa State Governor listed as the 7th defendant is not competent to constitute a Commission of Inquiry into any matter which falls outside the legislative competence of the Bayelsa State House of Assembly.

It also prayed for a declaration that the setting up of the Commission is Ultra vires therefore illegal, null and void and of no effect.

Also sought as one of the reliefs is a declaration that the "proceedings, hearings, meetings, deliberations, reports finds, resolution, recommendation or any action already taken or to be taken by the 1st Defendant are illegal, null and void and of no effect"

The plaintiffs therefore prayed for "an order of Perpetual Injunction restraining the Commission and its members from continuing with the inquiry or submitting any report in connection with the inquiry to the 7th Defendant or any other person whatsoever."

It also sought an order of perpetual injunction restraining the 7th defendant from acting on, circulating, publishing and or disseminating any report from the Commission.

Mr N.S Topba on behalf of the plaintiffs in a letter has forwarded advance copies of the Court processes to the chairman of the Commission to notify him of the suit pending the Federal High Court.

The letter reads in part "We respectfully request for a stay of action on the proceedings of the Commission pending the determination of the above suit. We firmly believe that the precious time of the Commission and the interest of justice will be better served if the said suit is dispensed with as to the appropriateness or otherwise of the continual existence of the Commission before further steps are taken in respect of the assignment before the Commission"

The Bayelsa Attorney- General and Commissioner For Justice, Mr Arthur Seweniowor, who said he was not aware of the Court process, said what Governor Henry Seriake Dickson actually set up was a fact-finding committee.



#BayelsaStateGovernment    #GovDickson

Tacha’s management apologizes to fans for not showing up in South Africa

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 01:00 AM PST

BBNaija reality star, Natacha 'Tacha' Akide's impending trip to South Africa seems to be facing some challenges. Tacha's management took to social media to apologise to fans.

According to the tweet, the reality star's absence is as a result of unforeseen visa issues.


"Dearest Titans, This is to duly address the South African Titans. Due to unforeseen visa issues, Tacha won't be able to make it down to South Africa this Thursday. I'm aware that a lot of plans have been put in place for this engagement, Billz Vizion".

See the tweet below:


Supreme Court: President Buhari, CJN Muhammed dragged to court over nomination of Justices

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:57 AM PST

Supreme Court: President Buhari, CJN Muhammed dragged to court over nomination of Justices
President Muhammadu Buhari

President Muhammadu Buhari and Ibrahim Muhammad, the Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, have been dragged before the Federal High Court in Abuja over the nomination of four justices for elevation to the Supreme Court.

Access to Justice (A2Justice), a group of activists, wants the court to stop the process for violating applicable judicial guidelines, Daily Post reports.

Also named as respondents in the suit are the Senate, the National Judicial Council (NJC) and the Federal Judicial Service Commission (FJSC).

The NJC, on October 23, recommended the appointment of Adamu Jauro, Emmanuel Agim, C. Oseji and Helen Ogunwumiju as Supreme Court justices.

Daily Post reported further, that the Group, through its lawyers; Jude Ogodi and Joseph Otteh, the A2Justice are contending that the FJSC and the NJC failed to comply with the established judicial appointment procedures.

It said they circumvented aspects of the rules designed to make the recruitment process transparent, fair, merit-based and competitive.

According to the group, the NJC and FJSC also failed to disclose information that would enable interested persons to monitor how the recruitment exercise was done.

A2Justice said the suit was part of advocacy to reform judicial appointment processes and ensure compliance with the Revised NJC Guidelines and Procedural Rules for the Appointment of Judicial Officers of All Superior Courts of Record in Nigeria, and the National Judicial Policy 2016.

It said the instruments were made and adopted by the NJC to address the opacity, influence-peddling and nepotism that characterise judicial appointments.

"Both instruments intend to provide a level-playing field for all eligible persons interested in serving in judicial offices, whether they are currently serving as judges/justices, or are in private practice or in academic institutions," it said.

The plaintiff seeks a declaration that the FJSC did not fully comply with Guidelines, particularly with respect to calling for expression of interest in the vacant positions.

It alleged that the FJSC also did not notify the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) of the vacancies nor call for nominations before it drew up the list.

The plaintiff seeks an order quashing the list of candidates submitted by the FJSC to the NJC for consideration as Supreme Court Justices.

"Several attempts by Access to Justice to ascertain the extent of compliance…using the Freedom of Information Act drew blank.

"The respondents failed to respond to its enquiries relating to the process adopted for the selection of potential appointees.

"The FJSC chose to conduct its recruitment in an opaque and unaccountable manner, in outright violation of the 2014 Appointment Guidelines," the group said.



#Buhari   #NBA  #A2Justice   #IbrahimMuhammad   #ChiefJusticeofNigeria

IPOB: Wanted Nnamdi Kanu’s lawyer, Ejiofor speaksout from hiding, discloses those responsible for attack (Video)

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:41 AM PST

Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lawyer to Nnamdi Kanu
Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lawyer to Nnamdi Kanu

Barrister Ifeanyi Ejiofor, lawyer to Nnamdi Kanu, leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), wanted by the Police, has broken silence on police invasion of his residence in Anambra State on Monday.

Daily Post had reported earlier, that a combined team of police and military officers had burnt down Ejiofor's residence in Oraifite, Anambra State in the early hours of Monday and allegedly killed two people while several others were injured.

Subsequently, the police had claimed that IPOB members burnt two of its officers to death, hence declaring Ejiofor wanted.

But in a video which has now gone viral, shared on Facebook on Tuesday, Ejiofor wondered why police stormed his residence despite speaking with the Area Commander of the Police.

He claimed that some police officers took away the corpses of those killed and burnt them somewhere.

Ejiofor added that his mother was gunned down and is presently receiving treatment at the hospital.

The IPOB lawyer also alleged that a particular businessman was behind the matter, even as he denied reports that Policemen were killed at his place.

He further called on international organisations, stressing that he has been a target for defending IPOB members in court, despite maintaining more than 17 years unbroken relationship with the police hierarchy.

Narrating the incident, Ejiofor said: "On Sunday being the first day of December 2019, I was called at about 8pm to 9pm by the DPO and he never passed any message to me.

"Then in the morning, at about 6am, I got a call from my elder brother that police have invaded my premises led by the area commander himself. I requested to speak with the area commander and he obliged which conversation was so recorded.

"I requested to know why they were in my house because I wasn't around. He said they came to arrest one of my wards who participated in a local conflict. He demanded to see me and I said I will be back around 10:30 in the morning. I told him I will come to see him at the station when I am back.

"He said okay, but he emphasised that time is of essence. That I should keep to time. Then I became worried, because I came back on the 24th of November 2019 for my brother's burial and I have been around. I never had any issues with anybody, I never stepped out of my house. When I came back around 10, I told my mother I want to go see the area commander, but on a second thought I decided to go see my uncle who will accompany me.

"When I left the house for my uncle's place, that served as a saving grace. We were on our way to the commander's office taking an unconventional way when I got a call from my junior brother that the police were in my house and they opened fire on all living object, including persons in my house.

"So, I was like someone came about 6 in the morning, had a conversation with him on an offence I don't even know anything about and I promised him as a lawyer that I am going to be in his office, then what happened in my house took me by surprise.

"I was confused about what was going on. As I speak now, I am homeless. They have burnt down the house. Many people who were running for safety were also killed.

"Over 20 person have been killed. My mum was gunned, and now receiving treatment. What is my offence for being IPOB lawyer?

"I decided to take refuge within the neighbourhood. The reports kept coming in as to the atrocities they were committing in my house including roping people around the area. At the end, they took away the bodies of those they killed in my house in their own van to a place along Onitsha-Owerri express road, burnt all of them and left. That is all I know that transpired.

"Later I was told that about four persons had been shot in his premises and the entire house set ablaze by the police.

"I've committed no offence known to law. They are actually interested in getting me out of the way. They are interested in killing me because they have seen me as a thorn in their flesh.

"Because I am defending members of IPOB and Nnamdi Kanu. Any place they arrest any IPOB member, they will always see me there. And I have defeated them in virtual all of the cases. The terrorism tag on IPOB is being challenged at the court of appeal and we are awaiting judgement.

"If someone had filed a complaint against him, it was not enough for the police to come to his house with force.

"The police could have left me an invitation letter, and even if I refused to show up, they know how to get me."

Watch video below as shared via Facebook:





#BarristerIfeanyiEjiofor     #IPOB    #NnamdiKanu

Uche Maduagwu slams Etinosa – “The bible is not responsible for your spiritual mumu, beg Mercy for intelligence”

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:30 AM PST

Controversial Nollywood actor, Uche Maduagwu, has slammed his colleague, Etinosa Idemudia, for using the Bible as an ashtray while smoking weed.

Uche Maduagwu bluntly told her via his Instagram page, that the holy books (Bible and Quran) are not responsible for her 'spiritual mumu', and advised her to beg Mercy Eke for intelligence.

He wrote:
"@etinosaofficial The bible or Quran is not responsible for your spiritual mumu, beg #Mercy for intelligence… Where exactly were you when God was distributing common sense in #EdoState? At your age, you dont know how to behave like an adult in public?


Wait, even if the bushy #hair on your armpit is not lecturing you about how to #respect the holy bible, why is it not giving you the boldness to use the Quran for ashtray too? At least you should be able to also boast to our muslim brothers that spiritual mumu is better than winning #BBnaija?


Madam, did you ask anyone to give you the #bible before you allegedly use it for ashtray? So why allegedly asking people to give you a Quran so you can mess it up in two seconds? Do you need more spiritual Eba to gather enough courage before disrespecting the Quran".

Post below:


Bayelsa Election: Goodluck Jonathan’s camp chides Bayelsa Gov, Dickson

Posted: 04 Dec 2019 12:26 AM PST

Bayelsa Election: Goodluck Jonathan's camp chides Bayelsa Gov, Dickson
Gov. Henry Seriake Dickson

Former President  Goodluck Jonathan's camp, has blasted Henry Seriake Dickson, the Governor of Bayelsa State, for "attacking" the former Nigerian leader.

Reno Omokri, Jonathan's former aide and one of the officials of the GEJ media house condemned Dickson in a statement on Tuesday night, Daily Post reports.

He suggested that pride caused the governor's downfall at the November 16 governorship election.

Omokri said: "You can keep sponsoring false stories against former President Jonathan, but that will not make your situation any better. Pride is your undoing. Learn humility so you can stop falling.

"He, Jonathan is not joining and will never join the All Progressive Congress. Look at what hubris has done to you. When will you humble yourself so that God can raise you in His own time?

"When will you stop biting the finger that fed you? Learn from HE Jonathan's humility and save what is left of your political career. That is if anything salvageable is left."

However, the All Progressives Congress (APC) has mocked Dickson for blaming everyone, including public institutions, but himself, for the loss of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) at the Bayelsa election

Lanre Issa-Onilu, APC National Publicity Secretary, in a statement, said "if Dickson should stand before the mirror, he would see a clown, a prodigal son, and a failure, all rolled into one. We know he cannot do that. Shame would not allow him to carry out self-evaluation".

The Bayelsa Governor, had insisted that, as far as he is concerned, there was no election in the state and alleged that what transpired was a well-organised conspiracy against him, that led to the massacre of innocent persons.

But responding, the spokesman of APC, said Lyon won because Dickson wasted the opportunity he had to become a hero in a state that badly needs one.



#GoodluckJonathan     #GovDickson     #RenoOmokri     #APC    #PDP   #Bayelsa
Previous
Next Post »