Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Duncan Mighty mocks Etinosa over Benz Gift

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:30 PM PST

Nigerian singer, Duncan Mighty has called out Nollywood actress, Etinosa Idemudia, insinuating that the actress was not gifted any Benz.

Justifying his stand, the singer called on white men to explain how a Benz being shipped down to Nigeria from Dubai will automatically transform to 2009 Tokunbo Venza upon arrival.

In his words;

"It takes nothing to be real. It takes 28 days to ship a car from Dubai to Gidi. Trying to figure out how this car take disappear as MERCEDES BENZ from Dubai and then land as 2009 Tokumbor venza. White people please explain the technology behind this magic".

See post below;



DJ Cuppy shows support for Anthony Joshua ahead of his rematch with Ruiz

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 11:00 PM PST

Nigerian billionaire Femi Otedola's daughter, DJ Cuppy, is no doubt a staunch supporter of Anthony Joshua.

Gaining the support of Nigerians is easy when things are going smooth, but the same cannot be said when an individual is experiencing a rough patch. That seems to be the case with Nigerian-born British boxer, Anthony Joshua.

Joshua had the love of Nigerians when he was still the undefeated champion but all that changed after he lost a boxing match to Mexico's Andy Ruiz.

Well, a rematch is set to hold on Saturday, December 7, in Saudi Arabia and boxing fans are already taking to social media to show support for their preferred candidate.


The daughter of Nigerian billionaire, Femi Otedola's daughter, DJ Cuppy, has shown her support for Joshua and has also explained on social media that she will be watching the rematch live.

In new photos shared on DJ Cuppy's page, the young lady is already in Saudi Arabia ahead of the match and she has also declared her love and support for Joshua.

In one of the captions to her post, she wrote:
"Team AJ Clean hearts ALWAYS win! RuizJoshua2".


Nigerians react after Mercy Eke was spotted on a bike in Lagos

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:30 PM PST

Winner of Big Brother Naija 'Pepper Dem' season, Mercy Eke was spotted today on a bike, and Nigerians have taken to social media to react to it.

According to reports, the reality star, fondly called 'Queen of highlight' was on her way to the airport, and she had to ride a bike to avoid the serious traffic in Lagos.


While some Nigerians have shown their understanding about the reality star riding a bike, others are wondering if she has run out of cash so soon.

The video showed the reality star well dressed and looking really adorable, while riding to the airport.

See reactions below;



Nollywood Actress Chizzy Alichi shares adorable pre-wedding photos

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 10:00 PM PST

Nollywood actress, Chizzy Alichi who announced her engagement to her fiancee in September 2019 has shared beautiful pre-wedding photos on social media.

The actress described her soon-to-be husband as "My gift" and also expressed wish of being together with him forever.

However, the actress was dragged into an exchange with a male fan who said her marriage will pack up if she continues to "show everything" on social media.

The actress fired back at the troll, stating that his own marriage will pack up and not hers.

Chizzy and her heartrob will traditionally tie the knot on the 7th of December in Enugu, while their white wedding will hold in Owerri, Imo state on the 28th of December 2019.

See more photos below;






Actress Etinosa replies Duncan Mighty "I don’t live fake life and I never will"

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:30 PM PST

Controversial Nollywood Actress, Etinosa Idemudia has reacted after Port Harcourt singer Duncan Mighty called her out, over her alleged Benz gift.

We earlier reported that Duncan Mighty called Etinosa out for claiming that she received a Mercedes Benz car gift from a fan few weeks ago.


Duncan took a swipe at the actress after she was spotted posing with a white 2009 Toyota Venza and not the Benz car she claimed she was gifted by a fan in Dubai.

In an apparent response to his post, Etinosa, listed all the cars she has. She also stated that she doesn't lead a fake life and has never claimed to be filthy rich.

See her post below;



Your own marriage will pack up, not mine – Actress Chizzy Alichi slams a troll as she shares her pre-wedding photos

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 09:00 PM PST

Nollywood actress, Chizzy Alichi who announced her engagement to her fiancee in September 2019 has shared her pre-wedding photos.

The actress described her soon-to-be husband as "My gift" and also expressed wish of being together forever.

Chizzy Alichi was however dragged into an exchange with a follower who said her marriage will pack up if she continues to "show everything" on social media. The actress fired back at the troll by stating that his own marriage will pack up and not hers.

Exchange Below:

Chizzy and her man will be getting traditionally on the 7th of December in Enugu, while their white wedding will hold in Owerri, Imo state on the 28th of December 2019.

Here are their pre-wedding photos below;


Cardi B – Nigeria looks like Dominican Republic

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:30 AM PST

American rapper, Cardi B who is currently in Nigeria, has taken to her Instastory to share her first impression about the West African country.

Recall that the Grammy award-winning rapper is set to perform at the Livespot X Festival in Lagos, Nigeria and Accra, Ghana.

The rapper posted a short video where she said Nigeria looks like the Dominican Republic.

Cardi was heard saying "Mehn we are in motherf*cking Nigeria yeah, no lies this shit looks like Dominican Republic, this shit looks like DR straightup".


Flavour’s alleged Babymama opens up again “Flavour brainwashed and slept with me by promising me Heaven and Earth”

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 06:00 AM PST

Despite silence from highlife singer, Flavour, Julliet Oluchi Ehiemere (his alleged Babymama), has continued to beg Nigerians to help reach out to the singer who has refused to take responsibility of her three-year-old daughter.

Stop calling me names and a liar, the alleged baby-mama added.

The whole drama started on her Instagram page on Tuesday, November 26, 2019, where she shared some photos of her daughter, Stephanie Chidinma Chinedu Okoli.
According to her, she met Flavour in 2015 after which she gave birth to her child and all attempt to contact the singer has been ignored.



Her full post:

"Those of you out there calling me names and a liar, for your information I wasn't and I'm not a lose lady ok, @2niteflavour brainwashed and slept with me by promising me heaven and Earth, how he's gonna marry me and esterblish my family, he even promised to buy me a car and a home, as long as I came through his friend that insurance covered me, won't I like to be address as Mrs Flavour?

Immediately he set his eyes on me he was madly in love with me, he hasn't seen any woman he loves the way he loved me in his life, he even vowed for me that he'll never never marry another woman even if in his next lives to come but me, he called me so many petting names like Mrs Flavour, Ezigbo Nwanyi, Nwanyi Mara Obi Di Ya, he further sang a song for me saying"

Where you go I'll go, where you Lodge I'll Lodge, your people will be my people and your God will be my God" he asked me the name I'll call him which I told him Dim Oma, Best In The World Obi Nwunye Ya

He told me that he'll make love to me without protection for me to be rest assured that I'm already his wife and Flavour slept with me without protection and I didn't know that all he wanted was sex and now everybody is putting blame on my head alone".


Cubana Chiefpriest shades Mercy, says she can’t afford N5m for a table at his event

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:30 AM PST

Celebrity barman, Cubana Chiefpriest has insinuated that winner of Big Brother 9ja 'pepper Dem' season, Mercy Eke cannot afford to attend his event.

The bar man advertised his upcoming event at Pablo Cubana which according to him, will be graced by Cardi B and some other top artistes in Nigeria.

A suspected 'Mercenery' identified as Oghenekaro expressed his opinion about that Mercy wouldn't be attending the event, and he got an immediate response from Cubana.


Oghenekaro said;
"Too bad Mercy won't be coming".

Reacting to the comment, Cubana wrote;
"Table is N5m. It's for people who can afford.

Some of Mercy's dedicated fans have been dragging Cubana on the comment section for shading their queen. At the moment, Cubana has to turned off the comment section of the post.


Nigerians react as Tboss claims she spoke her daughter into existence

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 05:00 AM PST

BBNaija reality Star Tboss has got social media users buzzing with mixed reactions after revealing that she spoke her daughter into existence.

In a post which she appears to have either deleted, edited the caption or archived, she wrote;

"I spoke my daughter into existence. I didn't know when she would come but I trusted God's timing and today, I hold my own beautiful girl in my arms whilst she kisses my face. Ain't God the greatest? There's truly power in the tongue.", she wrote.

Social media users however, were not having it as they wasted no time in letting her know she didn't speak her daughter into existence but simply engaged in copulation out of wedlock.

See some comments below;



BBNaija’s Avala Tells Her Story About Becoming A Mother Outside Wedlock

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:30 AM PST

Saida Avala of the Big Brother Naija 2019 'pepper Dem' season, has finally told the story of how she gave birth outside wedlock.

Her story goes;

"When I was a little girl I would dream of getting married at the age of 25 and having a child at the age of 27, with my music career blowing to the sky.


Always thought at this age I would be famous for the world to love and that I would have all the money I needed to build an empire. However like the saying goes, "God watches you plan and he laughs". Things didn't turn out like I'd hoped.

It was 2016 when I found out I was pregnant with my first child. I was scared cause I thought to myself how can I take care of a baby when I could barely take care of myself, I felt lost and confused, I did not know what to tell my family or how to tell the father himself.

To be honest I just felt guilty for not doing things the way my family wanted . Even though I was born in the United States, I also understood my culture in Nigeria. I put my doubts aside and ended up telling everyone and suprisingly they were very supportive to me.


My biggest support was my mother and she still is. I told her my fears of being a mom outside of wedlock, and she told me "such is life, sometimes things do not go the way you plan". Only God knows why and that I should be grateful cause a child is a blessing.

Three months had passed, my dad came to me and told me he was scared for my health and he wants me to go back to the US to stay with my mother so she can prepare me properly on the things I needed to know about pregnancy. So I packed my bags and got on the plane to New York! When my mother saw me she was very happy cause all she was thinking about was the fact that she is about to be a Grandmother.

Things were hard I wont lie, alot of things were happening all at once, like with my relationship with the baby's father, my living situation at the time or the fact that my mother was ill with kidney failure at the time but she was always optimistic and full of faith, even if she was scared she never showed me.


All the while I was in New York, I realised I had to put all the fear aside and be brave, not only for me but for my child. I had to sacrifice a lot of my time because she was my number one priority and my baby was and still is my happiness.

The day I went into labour, it snowed for the first time that year. I can remember it like it was yesterday, I remember how cold it was and how I kept screaming "I am not ready! I am not ready!"

The baby should wait! I was in tears cause I was so scared to meet her and at the same time I could not wait to meet her and be out of labour. I was in labour from 11:05am on the 25th of January and my baby Elanni Lawal was born at 12:07pm the next day 26th January.

The love I felt for her was very innate! I never felt such love before. My life changed ever since and all I care about and live for is making myself better than I ever was for her. It is safe to say I am very grateful and thankful for the gift I was given.
Being a mother has been the greatest gift ever!"

Daddy Freeze shades Bishop Oyedepo and his followers says “Shiloh that God destroyed with his own hands can’t take you to God”

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 04:00 AM PST

Nigerian media personality Daddy Freeze of Cool FM, popularly known for going against men of God and their teachings, has reacted to a Twitter post by Pastor David Oyedepo of Winners Chapel.

Pastor David had shared a post calling members of his church and the general public to write out three items they want from God, and expect it to be delivered to them.

Freeze, however, did not concur to what Oyedepo had charged his followers to do. He shared a short bible teaching to counter the pastor's post.

In his words;


"Write it out o let Oyedepo help you FedEx it to God abi na DHL! Shiloh that God destroyed with his own hands can't take you to God only Christ can, disabuse your minds guys. Jeremiah 7:14 , New living translation.

So just as I destroyed Shiloh, I will now destroy this Temple that bears my name, this Temple that you trust in for help, this place that I gave to you and your ancestors".


Davido: “Landed just in time to drive my baby to school”- singer says as he shares adorable photo with his daughter

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:30 AM PST

Davido, has shared an adorable photo of himself and his daughter, Imade on his Instagram page, joyful about the fact that he arrived in time to drive her to school.

The photo shared showed the father and daughter inside his private jet. Davido was spotted holding his daughter, who sat on his laps. Both father and daughter smiled for the camera.


His post reads:
Landed just in time to drive my baby to school
@realimadeadeleke


Davido has proven himself to be a worthy father who doesn't joke with his family at all. From his wife-to-be to his daughters and his son, Ifeanyi, the ace singer has shown real love to all.

Kemi Olunloyo declares herself a Titan as she praises Tacha, says “You are worth a lot Tacha, I celebrate you”

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 03:00 AM PST

Controversial journalist, Kemi Olunloyo has penned down a lovely message to Tacha, celebrating her for being who she is and officially declaring herself a Titan.

Her message reads;

"Today I celebrate you #tacha @symply_tacha. I realize you BLOCKED me recently as you may be upset at my social critic write ups. The future is bright. You are a reflection of me. Thank you for being YOURSELF. God used you to wake up every young girl who could not speak before.


The assertiveness of many females came out due to your emergence. You caught everyone's attention on #BBNaija2019. Remember what @funkejenifaakindele said, use it for the good of mankind.

A friend at Vanguard newspapers called me yesterday telling me you are an orphan plus my advise on dressing for endorsements was vital because of future ones. Don't sell yourself cheap. You are worth a lot Tacha. Having immediate family members pass away when you were so young hurts.

Nadia Buari shares a throwback photo to celebrate Jackie Appiah’s birthday

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:30 AM PST

Ghanaian actress Nadia Buhari can not hold her excitement as her colleague, Jackie Appiah just turned 36 today.

The actress has celebrated her colleague with an adorable throwback photo on how strong they have come together in life, and to show fans the strength of their friendship bond.

According to Nadia, they both started with a dream 13 years ago, but they are now living the dream.
She wrote:

"13 years ago, all we had was a dream…and now, by God's Grace, we're living it. Happy birthday my darling…May u know nothing but happiness from this day onward and May God protect and keep you Always. Love U @jackieappiah."

See the throwback photo below;


Samklef – “Fighting with Wizkid is the most stupid thing I have ever done”

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 02:00 AM PST

Nigerian ace producer, Samklef has revealed that the most stupid thing he has ever done on social media, was to exchange words with Wizkid.

The Wizkid Samklef beef was one of the most talked-about topics in the Nigerian music industry. Samklef accused the "Fever" singer of always belittling him during interviews.

He spilled several dirty secrets about the singer saying he produced the majority of the songs on his "Superstar" album and did not receive a dime.


This went on for years but all Wizkid had to say was that he had nothing but respect for Samklef. The two settled their beef amicably and are now best of friends but Samklef is still remorseful about all the nasty things he said about the singer.

ALSO READ:   Scream Awards: Mercy bags 'Celebrity Sensation of the year' award
Samklef was recently asked by a fan on Twitter to say the most stupid thing he has ever done on social media. Samklef responded saying fighting with Wizkid was actually a very dumb move from him.


Photos: Jackie Appiah celebrates 36th birthday in style

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:30 AM PST

Beautiful Ghanaian actress, Jackie Appiah is celebrating her 36th birthday in a usual but special way today.

The talented Canadian-born actress has evidently received several awards and nominations for her outstanding acting performances.

Celebrating her birthday today, Jackie marked it by sharing stunning photos on Instagram.

Sharing the pictures in part, she captioned one of them writing:


"Celebrate my special day with the realization that I am currently in possession of the most priceless gift on Earth – LIFE. Happy birthday to me."


Her colleagues and fans have taken to social media to wish her many more successful years in good health. Happy birthday to her.

Twitter user says – ‘Bobrisky dressing like a man that he is would make him irrelevant’

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 01:00 AM PST

A Twitter user with the handle @LAWANI_FRIDAY has taken to the platform to share an interesting take about Nigerian cross-dresser Bobrisky.

According to the individual, Bobrisky would be irrelevant if he dresses like a man. He also noted that Bobrisky was able to ride on the attention he got from Nigerians, using it to build his fame and get more money.

"You see if #bobrisky was normal, dressing like a man that he is? he won't be relevant. But we gave him the attention he made name & money of it. But can we see nonsense and keep mute? Naa!," he tweeted.


So because of Wizkid, I shouldn’t get paid? – Singer Davido says as he shuts down Twitter user

Posted: 07 Dec 2019 12:30 AM PST

Singer Davido recently shut down a social media user that attempted to pit him against Wizkid.

It appears some social media users are determined to continue steering up tension between popular Nigerian singers Wizkid and Davido, even after both individuals have repeatedly maintained that all is well and good between them.

Recently, Davido, who is also an ambassador for mobile phone brand Infinix, took to his official Twitter page to share a post in line with his ambassadorial duties.

However, instead of participating in the cash giveaway, a user on the microblogging platform identified as Tomi Peperempe decided to get on the bad side of the music star.

The lady had suggested that Davido was attempting to sabotage the attention Wizkid is getting, following the release of his unexpected EP.

See her tweet below:

Responding to the post, Davido shut the lady down by asking if he should not get paid because of Wizkid.

See his response below:


Previous
Next Post »