Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


“I am my hair” – OAP Dotun says as he unveils green hair

Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:30 AM PST

Popular on-air personality, Dotun took to social media to unveil a new hairstyle.

The hypeman decided to change his hairstyle from blonde to green, and he is looking dapper in the Nigeria themed look.

He shared photos of his new look via his Instagram page with the caption;

"I am my hair #Evergreen"

See the posts below;



Photos: Actress Chizzy Alichi and her husband enjoying honeymoon

Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:00 AM PST

Recently married Nollywood actress Chizzu Alichi Mbah seems to be having a lot of fun with her husband on their honeymoon.

She took to her social media page to share adorable pictures with her hubby.

See more photos below;




Moyo Lawal – It’s hypocrisy to assume sexy women who show a bit of skin are promiscuous

Posted: 21 Jan 2020 12:30 AM PST

Moyo Lawal has questioned why women assume sexy women are promiscuous while those who are less sexy are not.

She went on to state that it's sometimes the opposite, adding "you people better accept, we're all indecent together."

Sharing a photo of herself in a mini red dress, she wrote:

So I was wondering about something…. Why do women call *Sexy Women * names and just assume they are prosmiscious ?? ,……. …. ….. ……. …….. This days Majority are having sex before marriage, with married men and … ( eeem dating or not dating, still wrong) ….. .and cheating while married …. …… …… …. ….. ………… …. So why do you think, you are better than women who show skin, whom ironically(most times) are not even half as promiscuous as women who hardly show skin………. ……. …… ……. Its #2020, you people better accept, we are all indecent together hypocites oshi….. ….. ….. …. …… ……. …… ……… …….. Ok bye…

Crossdresser, James Brown reveals to Venita says “I am going to audition for BBNaija 2020”

Posted: 21 Jan 2020 12:00 AM PST

Popular Nigerian cross-dresser, James Brown made his intention of auditioning for Big Brother Naija season 5 known to reality star and actress, Venita Akpofure.

The actress revealed Big Brother Naija season 3 housemate, Khloe had encouraged her to audition for the reality show which she did because she also wanted to find herself following her separation from the father of her children.

 

The male cross-dresser, however, expressed his fears that Nigerians might not vote for him because he is effeminate but Venita tried to convince to take part in the show as she stated that the world is evolving.

DJ Cuppy - “Cupcakes, someone is trying to wifey me in 2020 o”

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:30 PM PST

Billionaire daughter and disk jockey, Florence Otedola aka DJ Cuppy has revealed that someone is trying to marry her.

Recall that the beautiful DJ began the new year by lamenting over being single at her age. She recently took to her IG to share her pain with fans.

Some moments ago, she hinted that someone is already trying to 'wife' her in the new year.
She disclosed this in an Instagram post on Sunday, 19th January.

While she is yet to reveal who the person is, we wish her all the best in her marital journey.

She wrote:
"Cupcakes, someone is TRYING to wifey me in 2020 o!".


BBNaija star Diane Russet dazzles in cleavage-baring outfit o Mercy Johnson’s movie premiere

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:00 PM PST

Big Brother Naija star, Diane Russet is commanding attention online with these new set of stunning photos she just shared to her Instagram page.

The reality star, who was among the celebrities that attended the premiere of the film, The Legend Of Inikpi, rocked a revealing jumpsuit that showcased her cleavage.

See full photos below.



Michelle Obama lists Burna Boy’s song ‘My Money, My Baby’ as one of the songs on her Workout play list

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:30 PM PST

It's another win for African Giant, Burna Boy as Michelle Obama has revealed that his song, "My Money, My Baby", is one of the songs that gives her an extra boost when she works out.

The former US First Lady tweeted:


"It's about that time when New Year's resolutions get a bit harder to stick to. To offer a little inspiration, I want to share my go-to #WorkoutPlaylist with you. These songs always seem to give me that extra boost to get through my toughest workouts. What's on your playlist?"

Burna Boy was the only indigenous Nigerian singer whose song made it to the list.


Also on the list is Tobe Nwigwe's "I'm Dope" featuring David Michael Wyatt. Though Tobe was born in Alief, Texas, a suburb of Houston, and is married to an African American woman, he's of Nigerian descent.

BBNaija Khloe – ‘I regret losing my virginity late’ Reality Tv Star says as she speaks on school Mosque sex allegation

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 10:00 PM PST

The drama between Big Brother Naija 2018 housemate, Abiri Oluwabusayom also known as Khloe and his secondary school alumni.

If Khloe had known, she wouldn't have taken a swipe at her secondary school classmates who she accused of bullying her at that time is yet to die down.

Few days ago, Khloe had shared a write-up which read "A few people who teased me in high school and middle school actually follow me on social media, and I just wanna say y'all look like a f**kin' mess".

Khloe stated that her shade is directed at all Lasmodcom 2009 alumni who she further described as "mad people".

Well, this didn't go down well with one of her alleged classmates who took her down memory, revealing some of her ugly pasts.

She wrote; "Over 600 graduated same year. All in various professions but because Instagram verification, this one think she has made and can shade her sets this early morning. Group chat don scatter. Apparently, people still remember things about this girl. Ranging from dirtiness to sex behind the school mosque. But let us continue to look away. I just listened to the best voice note. Final nail on the head on the idiot's coffin."

Also responding to this, the dark skinned Reality Show star defended herself by telling her own side of the story.

" It may seem as though my posts are always a hit back to back on your favorite blogs but I'm so scared of yah all lies and I actually regret Not doing that mosque thingy some nuts head claimed I did cos I honestly don't know why I waited that long before I felt the power of the D 🙈🙈🙈🙈. How can I wait till uni before I feel the sweetness in the middle💃🏾💃🏾🙏🙏 …… All my aunties lied to me that there is nothing sweet in the middle and now I'm so pissed 😡😡😡😡…. But to those lying , it's your time to shine , guess a lot of you are mistaking Abiri Oluwabusayo to your sisters / mothers , that ain't my trait🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣. Happy Sunday people.", she wrote.


Veteran actress Shan George drags people showing her fake love

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:30 PM PST

Veteran Nollywood actress, Shan George took to her Instagram page to slam people showing her fake love.

She stated via a video she shared on her Instagram page, that a lot of people calling her aunty or sister can't do anything for her if she doesn't pay them.

She expressed that the same people that wouldn't do anything for her without any compensation, do things for others freely.

“Nollywood actors sleep with sugar mummy to live big”- Uche Maduagwu

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 09:00 PM PST

Nollywood actor, Uche Maduagwu, who is well known for attacking celebrities on Instagram, has claimed that majority of actors in Nollywood sleep with sugar mummies to live big.

Going further, Uche asserted that there's no money in the movie industry and the only way for the actors to keep up is to sleep around for money.

He wrote;

"#Nollywood actors sleep with sugar mummy to live big. #Truth is, there is no money in this movie industry, everyone is just packaging. I get up to twenty nude pictures from wealthy sugar mummies on a daily basis, asking to date me and for sex, but as the biggest actor in Naija that has ever gotten the attention of @chrissyteigen in #Hollywood, I have made up my mind never to sleep with a married woman for money.

I don't want to mention names but more than 85% of popular male actors in our movie industry sleep with rich sugar mummies in Lagos and Abuja to maintain their affluent lifestyles. There is a particular actor in this industry that has even slept with his girlfriend's mum – all because of money"

Ifu Ennada blows hurt with curses on follower who insinuated that she’s bleaching her skin

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:30 PM PST

Ifu Ennada hit back after a follower insinuated that she's bleaching her skin and asked her to stop.

The comment from the follower came after the former Big Brother Naija reality star shared a photo of herself in a red crop top and matching mini skirt.

The follower wrote: "Please return to your normal color naa @ifuennada stop bleaching."
Ify replied: "Thunder fire you! Bleaching kill you there! No be me say make poverty dey roast your sense and destiny. Idiot."


Linda Adedeji tells her story – “After 7 years of marriage, 11 miscarriages, God blessed me”

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:27 PM PST

Nollywood actress cum movie producer, Linda Adedeji Aderemi is super grateful to God for wiping away her tears after years of marriage and several miscarriages.

Speaking on dumping her acting career, the excited mum said nothing can make her dump acting, no matter what.
 

"I have done that several times in the past. I was busy, there was no time but I can't do that again. The reason I dropped acting for two years then was because of my baby. I cherish my boy a lot. Many people asked why I was off the screen for so long, I just needed space because I gave birth to my baby in 2018 after seven years of marriage.

I went through hell before I had my child. I had eleven miscarriages before I had my son. After then God had mercy on me and my family. I think it's not too much to stay a year and take care of my boy. I will go back to acting very soon because my son is a year already."

Singer Yinka Ayefele’s triplets mark first birthday

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:22 PM PST

Gospel singer Yinka Ayefele is currently in a celebratory mood as his triplets, two boys and a girl, turned one today.

The Ayefele triplets were delivered on the 18th of January, 2019 in the United State of America.

Marking their first birthday Yinka Ayefele wrote;

" What shall I say unto the Lord, all I have to say is thank you LORD.
OUR TRIPLETS ARE ONE YEAR OLD TODAY.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU MY TREASURE. "

Yinka revealed his babies came into the world on a premature date and he was so scared for their lives hence the reason he kept it private at the time.

"My babies were actually born on January 18, 2019. They were delivered prematurely, so initially I had to deny the reports when it went viral. I told those who saw me at the hospital in the USA not to disclose that I had given birth because I wanted my triplets to live.

I was so scared initially for their lives, I didn't want anything to happen to them health-wise but I thank God that everything is perfect now, they are doing very fine." Yinka Ayefele gushed.

Teni warns fans – “Worry about your mum’s jamming thighs”

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:17 PM PST

The entertainment world is known to glorify slim ladies and plus-sized women hardly get the same energy.

Nigerian singer, Teni seems to be fed up with the body shaming and name-calling. She took to her Twitter page to warn fans that won't stop asking her when she would lose weight.

The 'Askamaya' crooner advised these fans to be more concerned about their mother's jamming thighs.

She wrote;

"Stop asking me when I'll lose weight, I don't know I like fried rice too much. Worry about your mom's jamming thighs"

See the post below;


Bishop calls out Funke Akindele and siblings for boycotting their father’s burial

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:13 PM PST

According to reports, Funke Akindele and her siblings did not attend their father's burial.

According to online reports, this annoyed the Bishop of Methodist Church Nigeria, Diocese of Ikorodu, Rt. Rev Samson Osundina, who expressed his disappointment that the actress and her siblings did not attend their father's funeral.

Funke's father, Revd. Godwin Olusoji Akindele, died on Saturday, December 7, 2019, after a brief illness, aged 73.
Delivering the burial sermon, Rev. Osundina thanked the children for taking care of their father when he was ill but stressed the fact that them paying him the last respect as children were very important and significant.

He then suspended the usual outing and thanksgiving service which are final programes in Christian's burial, till the deceased's children are available to attend

King Patrick – “Been receiving death threats from Davido and Peruzzi”

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:09 PM PST

Golden Boy Entertainment owner, King Patrick took to social media to reveal that Davido and Peruzzi are after his life.

Patrick took to his twitter page to share a screenshot of the death threats he has allegedly been receiving from the singers and their crew.

He wrote;

"Whatever you do this year, include travelling to Cape Verde in your list. Never seen a place so peaceful in my entire life. Literally "No stress".Been Receiving death threats from @davido or/ @Peruzzi_VIBES All day. At least now we can all see what I have been going through. I will be taking this VERY SERIOUSLY. @Proud_talker @Proud_talker. #SurvivingPeruzzi #DeathThreat. there are more threats before and after this!!!!"

See the posts below;



Adekunle Gold – Never seen a place as peaceful as Cape Verde

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 12:04 PM PST

Nigerian Singer, Adekunle Gold took to his twitter page to advise his fans on places to visit this year.

The 'Orente' crooner stated that everyone should visit Cape Verde before the end of the year, as it is the most peaceful place he has ever been.

He wrote;

"Whatever you do this year, include travelling to Cape Verde in your list. Never seen a place so peaceful in my entire life. Literally "No stress"."

See the post below;


Photo: Daddy Freeze reacts to reports of health complications caused by fasting

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:58 AM PST

Controversial on-air personality, Daddy Freeze has responded to reports of health complications caused by fasting.

Daddy Freeze took to his Instagram page to share a screenshot of a tweet by a doctor who claimed he had three patients who slumped due to fasting.

According to Daddy Freeze, he also knows about cases that resulted to death.
He also stated that he never recommends fasting of more than 3 days.

See the post below;


Fuji Singer, Saheed Osupa visits new Mayegun of Yorubaland

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:54 AM PST

A video making the rounds online captures popular Fuji Singer, Alhaji Saheed Okunola better known as Saheed Osupa, paying a courtesy visit to the newly inaugurated Mayegun of Yorubaland, Alhaji Wasiu Ayinde Marshal popularly known as Kwam 1.

The visit caught Fuji music lovers by surprise, because the duo was at a time involved in a music dispute of some sort.

The news would certainly gladden the heart of Fuji lovers.

Sir Dee becomes brand ambassador for Motive Mall

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:42 AM PST

Former Big Brother housemate, Sir Dee took to social media to announce that he has bagged an endorsement with Motive Mall.

The reality TV star shared the news on his official Twitter page, expressing his enthusiasm about working with the brand.

He wrote;
"Happy to announce that I'm now an ambassador to @motivemallng , looking forward to an awesome relationship"

See the post below;


Singer, Jon Bellion endorses Mavin Records signee – “Johnny Drille The Truth”

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:38 AM PST

American Singer, Jon Bellion took to social media to endorse Mavin records act, Johnny Drille.

Drille met Jon Bellion in June 2019, at a concert of Jon be attended in Nashville, Tennessee, they were pictured vibing backstage.

The 'irobot' singer took to his twitter page to share a tweet about Drille which reads;
"Johnny Drille the truth"

See the tweet below;


Photos: Anthony Joshua prostrates as he presents Heavyweight Titles to Buhari

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:33 AM PST

World Heavyweight champion, Anthony Joshua has officially presented his four titles to President Muhammadu Buhari.

The boxer presented the titles on Saturday to Buhari and other important Nigerian dignitaries in the United Kingdom.

Showing respect to the number one citizen of Nigeria, the 30-year-old prostrated to pay homage to President Buhari in line with the tradition of the Yoruba cultural group.

See other photos below:



Cardi B’s outfit to Men Fashion Week Paris sets the internet on fire

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:29 AM PST

Grammy award-winning rapper, Cardi B is known for her eccentric fashion statements.

She came gun ablaze to the Mens Fashion Week in Paris in a Marine Serre jumpsuit.

Internet users couldn't stop talking about the outfit, with some users tilting towards rocking the outfit and others claiming they wouldn't dare.

See more photos below;



Burna Boy buys new mansion

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:27 AM PST

Grammy-nominated singer, Burna Boy seems to be starting the year in a new 

The afro-fusion artist adds the new house to his list of recent acquisitions.

The Ye crooner recently acquired new cars to round off the year 2019 and also celebrated the one-year anniversary of dating with his British girlfriend, Stefflon Don.

See the post below;


King Patrick replies Peruzzi’s contract claim, calls him a 'liar'

Posted: 20 Jan 2020 11:21 AM PST

Golden Boy Entertainment Boss, King Patrick has replied a tweet by Peruzzi in which the singer claimed his former boss was present when he signed a contract with Davido's DMW.

Patrick did not deny being present at the contract signing, but rather stated he never made any signings as he was not contented with the conditions of the contract, as stated by Davido's lawyer.

He then revealed that he had to walk out on the people present:


King Patrick's reply reads;

"SHUTUP. Peruzzi With the usual lies. I rejected dat contract and walked out of Bobo (DMW lawyer) Bobo told me word for word 'This contracts makes your contract with Peruzzi Void'. Show you my signature on the contract! And I will show you your signature on My contract."


Previous
Next Post »