Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Funke Akindele stars Teddy A in Jenifa’s Diary

Posted: 19 May 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Funke Akindele Bello aka Jenifa, has taken to Instagram to share an exciting news for fans who follow her award winning comic series, 'Jenifa's diary'.

The seasoned actress shared a preview of the new episode of the series and to the surprise of many, former Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) housemate, Teddy A, made an appearance on the show.

From the trailer shared by Jenifa, the BBNaija star appeared to be playing the role of her love interest.


A hilarious scene captured the moment Jenifa and Teddy A were both jogging and she was completely drooling over him.


DMW Aloma – “It is better to be Davido’s houseboy than a bank manager”

Posted: 18 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Aloma DMW, personal assistant to award winning musician, Davido, has expressed his displeasure about people tagging him a 'houseboy'.

In a live session on Instagram, Aloma said he doesn't really understand why almost everybody refers to him as a houseboy. He said he has tried his best to stop people from calling him that, but all his efforts proved futile.

However, Aloma further said that after much thought, he's beginning to overlook the 'houseboy' tag because, being a houseboy to Davido is way better than being a bank manager.


Backing his opinion, he said he's cashing out on a steady basis because of his relationship with the 'Damiduro' crooner.


Simi – “I woke up angry today” Singer rants about how women struggle to win

Posted: 18 May 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Nigerian Afro-Pop Singer, Simi has taken to Twitter to rant about how women sweat for a spot at the "table", and spend everyday convincing people that they belong there.

The soon-to-be mum who ranted in a series on tweets revealed that she woke up angry because of a conversation she had before bed.

According to her, most women that stay winning have to win on their own terms.

"I woke up angry today cos of a conversation I had before bed.

Women are so strong. So OBVIOUSLY strong. You sweat blood for a spot at a table that disrespects your sweat. Then you spend EVERY SINGLE DAY convincing people you belong there. And the damn table isn't even all that.

And when you say "Fuck it. My life, my rules." They ask why. It's because it never ends. Nothing is ever enough. And complaining is a waste of time. This is why most of the women that STAY winning have to win on their own terms. Ass-kissing is exhausting.

Today is not the day tho. I'm coming.

If I didn't vent, I woulda stayed mad. How's ur day going?" she tweeted.


Actress, Omotola Ekehinde shares lovely photos to celebrate 25 years in entertainment

Posted: 18 May 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Veteran Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde is no doubt one of the best actress in the entertainment actress.

The actress who is fondly called Omosexy by her fans, recently celebrated her 25 years in the entertainment industry with lovely photos.

The mother of four shared a jaw-dropping photo of herself in what appears to be a green scale-like design mini-dress, which flattered her curves well.

Sharing the photo, she wrote:

"What!!! Stop press Lol… It just Occurred to me that :——>This year is My 25th Year in Entertainment!!! 25th Anniversary… 2020!!! #Timeflies #Godisgood #Grateful "

See photos below;



The 42-year-old beauty debut in Nollywood in 1995. The leading actress has appeared in over 300 films, selling millions of video copies.

“You are doing well” – Governor Rotimi Akeredolu to Teni as she reps Ondo state

Posted: 18 May 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of Ondo state has hailed singer Teniola Apata, popularly known as Teni, for repping Ondo state.

The 'Uyo Meyo' singer had taken to Twitter to say that being from Ondo state is a thing of pride and that she can't explain it, the governor then replied her with his official Twitter handle saying she's doing well.

"Being from Ondo is a pride thing! I can't explain" Teni tweeted.

"You are doing well…" Governor Rotimi replied.


27-year-old Teniola Apata was born in Lagos, but is an indigene of Ondo state.

Teni is the younger sister of Nigerian singer Niniola. She attended Apata Memorial High School and has a degree in business administration from American InterContinental University.

BBNaija’s Mike and wife, Perri announce the gender of their unborn child

Posted: 18 May 2020 07:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija fourth season's first runner up, Mike Edwards and his wife Perri are expecting a baby boy.

The reality TV and his wife shared the big news via their YouTube channel on Saturday, May 16, 2020.

The couple announced the sex of the unborn baby at their 'Gender reveal party' which they also named 'Quarantine party' with no family members in attendance.


"I think it is time to give the gender reveal...well ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, we are proud to announce that we are proud to announce that we are having a boy," Mike said.


Mike and Perri announced that they were expecting their first child earlier in May.

Edwards and Drayton got married in 2018 after dating for several months.


Tiwa Savage reveals intentions about her next music video, says she might go naked

Posted: 18 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Tiwa Savage has said that she might have to go naked in her next music video to beat her previous project.

Tiwa says her next album encapsulates a whole mix of the emotions an African woman goes through.

The 40-year-old singer disclosed this while speaking to BBC on what to expect from her forthcoming album entitled 'Celia'.

She said, "I might just have to go butt naked in my next video because I don't know what else I'm going to have to do to top that one!."

"And, just to put it out there, this was done in Nigeria. All the cast is Nigerian, the director, the AP, everybody is Nigerian.

"I love the fact that I could present this to the label and say this was done in Africa by Africans, this is what we can do. Imagine when you invest in us even more, you would get amazing work.


Speaking about the forthcoming project, Tiwa said the album encapsulates a whole mix of the emotions an African woman goes through.

"We're going through this pandemic, so the idea was I want to let them know that I'm still a boss, that I'm still beautiful, that I'm still African.

"People have been really really creative with it which is amazing. The album is a whole mix of the emotions an African woman goes through: love, aspiration, being bossy, being sexy, being vulnerable.

"All of that is what I think the modern African woman is, and that's what I wanted to portray. It's really touched my heart to see that people are having a hard time during this. I mean we're blessed to be at home, we have light, we can pile up food for months if we want to.

"But there are some people who can't, people who only have money for today or food for today. So this pandemic has really opened my heart to the real situation of where the world is right now."

Regina Askia recounts how she escaped the 9/11 attacks in New York

Posted: 18 May 2020 06:30 AM PDT

Former Nollywood star Regina Askia has recounted how she narrowly escaped September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center in New York.

Askia was one of the most popular Nollywood darlings before she relocated to New York in 2011.

Just a few months after relocating to the United States, the former Nollywood actress was on her way to her workplace.

"I was not at the building, I was on my way to work when we saw on TV that my office had exploded," Askia said during her appearance on Funmi Iyanda's Public Eye show which is done on Instagram Live.

"I was late for work and because of that I didn't go in."


She did not state if the office she worked at was at the World Trade Center or the 10 other large surrounding structures that suffered significant damages from the attack.

The 53-year-old is now a family nurse practitioner in New York where she resides with her husband of almost 17 years Rudolph Williams whom she shares two children with- a daughter, Teesa Olympia, and son, Rudolph Junior. Regina has another daughter, Stephanie Hornecker, from a previous relationship.

After 16 years in the United States, Askia in July 2017 became a citizen of the country.


She was one of the on-screen divas of the late 90s after her acting debut in the then-popular NTA series Fortune as Tokunboh Johnson, a role which earned her critical acclaim.

She went on to appear in some of the most defining movies of the 1990s and early 2000s like Most Wanted, Suicide Mission, The President's Daughter, Festival of Fire, Dangerous Babe, and Man Snatcher.


Gospel singer, Sammie Okposo recounts near death experience while driving on 3rd mainland bridge

Posted: 18 May 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Nigerian gospel singer, Sammie Okposo is thanking God for delivering from death while driving at the third mainland bridge in Lagos.

The music star recounted his experience via his Instagram page on Saturday, May 16, 2020.

According to Okposo, the propeller shaft of his car pulled off while he was driving but thankfully nothing bad happened to him.

"I was not going to post this because I had already thanked praised and worshiped God for delivering me from death Saturday, May 16th, 2020 but this is something to brag about and testify of the miracle-working power of God I have a very BIG God who is always by my side to deliver me," he wrote.


"The image you see is my car propeller shaft that pulled off whilst I was in motion just before it happened i was doing 100/120 kph on the 3rd mainland bridge connecting to cms and then to surulere my destination as I was driving suddenly I heard a voice "SLOW DOWN" so immediately I reduced my speed to 60kph 10 seconds after reducing my speed from 120kph to 60kph the propeller shaft of my car pulled off with a loud noise."


"Just imagine what would have happened if the voice of God did not prompt me to slow down imagine what would have happened if I was still on 120kph when the propeller shaft of my car pulled off."

"Oh Jesus oh Jesus oh Jesus thank you, my saviour, my deliverer my protector my shield I'm alive because of you Jesus I am fine no scratch nothing missing nothing broken yet again the devil and his cohorts have failed and they will continue to fail #satmay16th2020 #Jehovahdondomesomething #mylifeisatestimony #Godsavedme #thevoiceofGodisreal #thevoiceofGodsaves #imcovered #improtected #Godblockedit."


Sammie Okposo is a renowned gospel artist. He is also a music producer and CEO of Zamar Entertainment.

'Insecure' star, Yvonne Orji talks about her childhood in PH, Nigeria and more..

Posted: 18 May 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Yvonne was born in the oil-rich city of Port-Harcourt, where she lived with her three brothers and parents till she was six years old.

Less than five years ago, Yvonne Orji was just another comedian looking to catch a big break in the entertainment capital, Los Angeles. She had moved down there after a stint in New York, where she initially moved to after deciding that she was going to pursue comedy full-time. Now, Orji has gained worldwide recognition from playing Molly, a character fans love to hate on HBO's critically acclaimed comedy show, Insecure, currently streaming on Showmax.


From Igbo parentage, Yvonne was born in the oil-rich city of Port-Harcourt, where she lived with her three brothers and parents till she was six years old.

Speaking with Interview Magazine of her time in Nigeria, Orji said:

"I was born in Nigeria and we lived in this very small apartment, but we had so much fun. It was me and my three brothers… We would go to the polo club and go swimming with our cousins and our friends. Life was so simple back then in Nigeria. I mean, when you're a kid, life should be simple. But it was just about getting up and having fun with your family."


She would later relocate to the United States along with her family in 1989 after her mother got a job working as a nurse at Howard University Hospital. From then on, like most Nigerian immigrant children in America, Orji was encouraged to pursue a career in Medicine or Law, and she settled for the former, but not for long.

Orji shares that she attempted to do Medicine, but after failing organic chemistry on her way to Medical School, she decided to pursue a Masters Degree in Public Health to appease her parents. In the middle of this, she entered for the Miss Nigeria in America contest, and it was at this point she got inspired to do comedy. In her HBO backstory Orji says:

"While I was getting my masters I entered a pageant, it was the Miss Nigeria in America pageant…two weeks before the pageant, they called and asked what my talent was. Now when you're a child of immigrants, you're not allowed to have talents. Your only talent is to get straight As. The only thing I knew how to play on the piano was 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and I just didn't think that would cut it. So I was like 'God I need a lifeline' and loud as day I heard the voice of God say 'do comedy'. And I was like no, cause what am I funny? And I heard the Holy Spirit say 'What else do you have?' And so I said nothing, and he's like one day you're going to trust me or you're not"

Orji would go on to do comedy at the pageant and so began her journey — but not before briefly moving to Liberia to practice Public Health. In a bid to avoid telling her ultra-conservative Nigerian parents that she was dumping medicine for comedy, Orji traveled to post-war Liberia. Before leaving for Liberia, she released a video on YouTube that would eventually connect her with Insecure executive producer, Issa Rae.

"Before I went to Liberia in 2008, I released this thing on YouTube. It was like, 'If Obama was the President, then Africans from everywhere are going to turn crazy.' Even though he was like, 'I'm Kenyan,' I was like, 'No, there's going to be a Nigerian that says, 'Obama, no, you are my brother! I know your sister!' and Obama's like, 'Huh?' I didn't know who Issa was, but she told me she watched that, and she was like, 'Oh my gosh, this is every auntie that I know in Senegal! It's hysterical!' She started following me on Facebook and I had no clue," Orji shared with Interview Magazine.

By the time Orji moved to LA in 2011, Rae's web series Awkward Black Girl had taken off and after watching the show, Orji tweeted at Rae who responded by inviting her over to her house for game night. So began the relationship that would later see Rae offer Orji the role of Molly to audition for, and eventually get cast.


A career choice is not the only thing Orji credits to her faith. Despite her somewhat wayward character on Insecure, Orji has admitted to being a virgin in real life and plans to remain one till marriage. She credits her stance to her strong faith and getting saved in university.

With a soon-to-be released HBO comedy special and a book in the pipeline, Orji's future in Hollywood is looking very bright and the best part is she's carrying her heritage along with her every step of the way. Part of her comedy special was filmed in Lagos and her home state. Sharing the trailer of the show, Orji wrote:

"Naija made me, America raised me. So it was only right that for my first @hbo comedy special, I PUT ON for both of my homes. What a moment it was to bring cameras all the way to Lagos AND deep in the village to get a sneak peak into the family that birth my funny. And then finally bringing it full circle to the DMV and taping in front two sold-out crowds at the Howard Theater. It's been a LOOOONG journey, but how sweet it is, to finally be able to say, #MOMMAiMadeIt!"

Orji's story is indeed the stuff dreams are made of, and with her undeniable energy and die-hard hustle spirit, she is proof that Naija no dey carry last.

Insecure is currently streaming on Showmax.

Uche Ogbodo Marks 34th Birthday with Stunning Photos

Posted: 18 May 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Ogbodo says she is thankful for being alive and healthy to celebrate yet another birthday.

Uche Ogbodo is celebrating her 34th birthday in grand style as she shares some stunning photos to mark the special day.

The movie star took to her Instagram page on Sunday, May 17, 2020, where she released the beautiful photos.


She went on to thank God keeping her healthy and alive to celebrate yet another birthday.

"I Am Awestruck All Day On How God Continues To Preserve Me. It is almost like there is A Greater Assignment. I can feel It Deep down In my Bones that I am Here for Something Great. And It definitely Won't make Sense If His Words don't Come to Fulfillment," she captioned one of the photos.


"God! Thank you for yet another Life, it is not over until it's Over! I am alive, Healthy, and Blessed 🙏. Happy Birthday Goddess 🤩 #birthday #grateful #thankful #happybirthdaytome #birthdayintimesofcorona."



Happy birthday to Uche Ogbodo from all of us at Nollywoodtimes

Bobrisky to a troll “If everybody likes you, you’re close to your grave”

Posted: 18 May 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Controversial Nigerian cross dresser, Okuneye Idris popularly known as Bobrisky has replied a troll, revealing that anybody who is loved by everybody is likely to be very close to their grave.

This came moments after a troll declared hatred for the cross dresser.

Bobrisky then took to his recently verified page on Instagram to inform the troll he cares less, insisting that hatred for his person does not in any way affect his bank account.


The bleaching expert who recently broke the internet with sexy photos also seized the opportunity to advise his fans and followers by letting them know that it is impossible to be loved by everyone.

Refer to his Instagram post below;


Ubi Franklin – “I wake up some days very confused about life”

Posted: 18 May 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Founder, Made Men Music Group also known as Triple-MG, Mr. Ubi Franklin has revealed that he wakes up some days very confused about life.

The popular Nigerian entertainment executive made this known on Saturday, May 16, 2020 as a sequel to J.J Omojuwa's tweet.

Popular Nigerian writer, J.J Omujuwa had taken to Twitter to express concern on how young men in their 20s get depressed because they haven't achieved anything yet.


Ubi on seeing Omujuwa's Twitter post, took a screenshot of the tweet and posted on his Instagram page.

Sharing Omujuwa's tweet, Ubi lent his thoughts and ideas on the subject matter.

The music executive revealed that some days he wakes up very confused about life.

Writing further, he advised young men not to be deceived by the flamboyant lifestyle celebrities put up on social media, hinting that they only post more wins and less loses.

Taking to the photo and video sharing platform, Instagram, Ubi Franklin wrote;


"Respect yourself and Keep pushing. Some people you hail on social media depend on one chairman somewhere for survival and the chairman has another chairman.

Don't let anyone hurry you 😂😂 we don't put everything that happens to us on social media so don't look at other people thinking everything is going good for them.

I wake up somedays very confused about life and all I do is reminisce On the good and the bad and keep it moving. Stay safe out there 💪🙏👍"


Daddy Freeze son, Jason clocks 5 with rear photos with Dad

Posted: 18 May 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Nigerian controversial On-Air Personality, Ifedayo Olarinde popularly known as Daddy Freeze, has celebrated his cute son, Jason Olarinde as he turned 5 yesterday, May 15, 2020.

Taking to his official page on Instagram, Freeze penned down a very simple but heartwarming birthday message for his adorable son.

The OAP who professed undying love for his son shared some breathtaking photos of little Jason to mark his memorable day.

Daddy Freeze who recently asked Nigerian pastors to return 1 year tithe to congregants welcomed Jason with his ex-wife, Opeyemi Olarinde 5 years ago.

Taking to the photo and video sharing app, instagram, Daddy Freeze wrote; "Bless you my darling son, mum and dad love you!!!"


See more photos below;



Omotola Jalade Ekeinde tells giveaway begger she doesn't like people who beg

Posted: 18 May 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian actress, Dr. Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has sent a friendly note of warning to a fan who begged her for Covid-19 palliatives.

The Nollywood actress woke up from her right hand side today and decided to follow anybody who newly follows her on Twitter.

This activity got the actress hooked online while interacting with her fans during the "Follow Back" session.

However, fans who noticed the actress was online and active decided to seize the rare opportunity to get interactive with her.



A certain fan, @PrinceJoshee told the screen goddess he missed her and stylishly begged for Covid-19 palliatives.

 "I have miss u oh, any palliatives for us?" the giveaway hunter enquired.


The actress who apparently has a phobia for beggars on sighting the tweet replied Prince Joshee thus;

"Please I don't like begi begi people oh… I like my followers to be mature, funny and hardworking people …I'm sure you are not here for giveaways… Otherwise, wrong accant!"


Ned Nwoko Spoon-Feeds Regina Daniels

Posted: 18 May 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Beautiful Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels and her billionaire husband, Ned Nwoko have shared couple goals in a romantic video which just surfaced the internet.

In the video, Ned Nwoko was spotted pampering his wife, Regina while spoon-feeding her. From the look of things, it appears the actress wasn't feeling too well at the time the video was shot.


Regina Daniel's marriage to billionaire politician husband, Ned Nwoko, has no doubt remained a thing of controversy.


Regardless of this, the young wife is living her best life without a care in the world. Rumors also have it that the actress is currently an expectant mother.

See photos below;




Adekunle Gold Shares Beautiful Photos With Pregnant Wife, Simi

Posted: 18 May 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Nigerian highlife singer and songwriter, Adekunle Gold has shared adorable photos with his wife, Simi.

In the photo, the sweet couple could be seen standing at a serene environment, while Adekunle crossed his hands around his wife.

The synergy between the singers makes love look so beautiful. When it comes to celebrity relationship, only very few can stand the test of time.

These two singers, however, have defiled the odds, having dated for years, walked down the isle, and now expecting their first child.

Since their private wedding ceremony last year, the vibes from the couple have been nothing but good.

See another photo below;



Yul Edochie – ‘The quality of our home videos has dropped so much with lots of crappy actors and directors’

Posted: 18 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie has shared his opinion on the quality of Nigeria home videos. According to the actor, the quality has dropped drastically.

He stated that the Nigerian film industry is now filled with crappy actors, actresses, and directors. He concluded his post by pleading with Nollywood practitioners to help resolve the industry.


'The quality of our home videos has dropped so much. Lots of crappy actors/actresses, crappy directors. We can't continue like this. To all seasoned Nollywood practitioners, pls let's revive it. People love our content all over the world. We just need to step up the quality.' he tweeted.


“He doesn’t like stress” – Wizkid’s first babymama, Shola warns trolls

Posted: 18 May 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Shola Ogudu, the first baby mama of popular singer, Wizkid has warned fans to stop trolling Wizkid on social media.

This is coming few months after Shola called out the singer over his carefree attitude towards their son, Boluwatife.


During a live session on IG, Shola pleaded with her fans to stop spreading hate towards Wizkid and leave him alone.

According to Shola, the singer hates stress and noise.


"You all should leave Wizkid alone o. Leave out Starboy for us. He doesn't like stress, he doesn't like noise. Leave him. Don't stress our Starboy", she said.

Previous
Next Post »