Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Davido – I like to go as OBO, not Odogwu

Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has told his fans to desist from calling him "ODOGWU".

The singer added that he would rather stick to his nickname, 'OBO' (Omo Baba Olowo which means Son of a Rich Man).

He made this known after he posted a video of his fans chanting 'Odogwu' (Great Man) at him.

In his words;


"I like to go as OBO as it's been for the last 10 years".

Watch the videos below:


BBNaija’s Uriel reacts after Anthony Joshua revealed he doesn’t have a Girlfriend

Posted: 01 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Former reality TV star, Uriel Oputa, has reacted to British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua's recent admission of finding it hard to get a girlfriend due to his status.

Uriel who has a huge crush on Anthony Joshua and has never hesitated to let the public know, upon seeing his admission on social media has begun thinking of ways to get his attention.

The Reality TV star who saw this an opportunity for her took to her Instagram page to pen down these words;


she wrote "I guess I have to pour powder on my body and dance Zanku Zanku whilst chewing ugwu leaf on one leg to get his attention."

2Baba reveals how Annie, his wife was his biggest fan when he had nothing

Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Veteran singer and songwriter, Innocent Idibia, popularly known as 2baba has opened up on why he chose his wife, Annie Idibia, over the other women in his life when it was time for him to settle down.

2baba in an interview spoke well of all the past women he's dated and baby mamas but spoke expressly on Annie.

When Dj Anyaloko, the journalist interviewing 2Face Idibia asked him why he chose to marry Annie Idibia out of all the women in his life, he said;

'you see Perro Aseniyi who gave birth to my first son graduated from a top UK university as a medical student and is now a doctor. She is very beautiful and intelligent from a very wealthy family'

He continued;

'Sandra who gave birth to my other two kids is a dealer in expensive diamond and gold jewelries. She was already a multi-millionaire when I met her. She owns one of the most expensive houses in Banana Island. Her family too are very well to do.


He also spoke about Sumbo;

'Sumbo who gave birth to two kids for me is also a very intelligent first class lawyer. She has worked on and won many big cases for many wealthy men and women in the country and abroad. That's how she made her money and she too is very beautiful as well.

Then with a gentle smile he spoke about Annie. He said;

'but you see Annie is from an average background like myself. We both started from nothing. She stuck by me through it all. When there was no car she hopped on bikes, took the bus and trekked with me. When there was no money or house or hit song or millions of albums sold or big awards and accolades.

When I used to repeat just 3 sets of clothes, she would always hold my head, look me in the eyes and tell me things will be fine one day. When I wasn't handsome, she would call me her prince charming. When I wasn't celebrated, she called me her king and said she is my number one fan and to this day, she still is.

Even when I made it big as a musician and started misbehaving and controversies almost destroyed my career, she would go down on her knees and pray to God to show me the way and give me victory over my enemies.

Now if am still that small boy struggling to make it like every other young chap on the streets of Lagos, do you think a doctor, a lawyer and a multi-millionaire business woman would want to look at me or even have my kids? No, so to answer your question, I did not chose who had more to offer me, I chose Annie because she offered me her all when we had very little".

Reno Omokri – ”Don’t call anyone your best friend until you test them with money”

Posted: 01 Jun 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Nigerian author Reno Omokri has taken to social media to share his thoughts on friendship.

According to Omokri, people we call best friend do not deserve this until we test them this way.

"Don't call anyone your best friend until you test them with money. Lend some so called best friends money, and he may stop taking your call. He may even block you if you disturb him too much. To keep best friends best friends, don't lend him money"


Nina Ivy's husband pens her a sweet note on her 24th birthday, calls her his ‘Addiction’

Posted: 31 May 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Nina Ivy's husband pens her a sweet note on her 24th birthday, calls her his 'Addiction'

Ex-BBNaija housemate, Nina clocked 24 today, and her husband Mr.Tosh took to his Instagram page to pen her a sweet note in celebration of her birthday.

Sharing stunning photos of the reality star, he wrote:

'We all have something we are addicted to, and my addiction is you, my sweet NINA. This is an addiction I never want to end. Happy Birthday Wifey .. Love u scatter.'


See photos below;


Kemi Olunloyo accuses Davido of lying about his newly acquired mansion in Banana Island

Posted: 31 May 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Madam Kemi Olunloyo has come out to accuse Davido of lying about his newly acquired mansion in Banana Island.

According to the 55 year old, Davido is a clout chaser and the house he claimed he bought in Banana Island is an audio house.

Her tweet reads:

"David Adeleke didn't post the title of his Banana house. You told us you are buying a new private jet, it was your dad's. Cooking show for Chioma, never launched, Porsche for Chioma never driven, Wike gave you money to groom artists, no artist. A sick audio clout life Face with rolling eyes..#Kemitalks"

Although, Davido is yet to reply to this claim but we patiently await his reaction.



Prophet Odumeje apologises to the People of Imo State and Anambra State, over hurtful statements in his viral videos

Posted: 31 May 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Prophet Chukwuemeka Ohanaemere, an Onitsha based pastor popularly known as Odumeje has apologised to the People of Arondizuogu in Imo State and Awka in Anambra State, over hurtful statements he made in viral videos on their mode of worship.

Odumeje in separate videos that went viral on social media in April had allegedly attacked Arondizuogu people, describing them as fetish, just as he attacked one of their prominent sons, Pericomo too.

For Awka, Odumeje described their masquerade festival, Egwu Imo Awka as being fetish and a means of worshiping monkeys, which is the symbol of the god.

In one of the videos, Odumeje was seen boasting that if he came in contact with the monkeys worshiped by Awka people, he would destroy them.

Though Odumeje's community, Orsu in Imo State had written to the communities involved, tendering apologies, he has remained indifferent, maintaining his silence, while more videos of him deriding the communities surfaced.

But in a press release signed by the popular pastor and made available to DAILY POST on Saturday morning, he apologized to the two towns, saying that he had watched and found his own videos on them hurtful.

Below is the full text of the release:


"My attention has been drawn to publications on social media over the alleged face-off between me and the good people of Awka and Arondizuogu communities in Anambra and Imo States respectively.

"In the said posts, I was portrayed as declaring war on the people of these communities and their respective traditional festivals and beliefs. It was also alleged that I had vowed to destroy Imo-Awka festival and put a stop to the Ikeji festival of Arondizuogu.

"Consequent upon the above, I wish to acknowledge that the people of Awka and Arondizuogu communities are peace loving and I have over the years come to share fellowship and service in church with a great number of them.

"These two communities and their renowned indigenes have been known and recognized as major contributors to the development of their states, Igbo land and the nation at large.

"Awka and Arondizuogu communities have produced great men and women of integrity and pedigree and have always remained at the top of great sons and daughters of Igbo land.

"Against this backdrop and with every humility as a Servant of the Living God, I sincerely apologise to the great people of these two Communities, to the entire people of Igbo land and to my Elders for my utterances. I will not make any attempts to justify my statement as even I can see that it's hurtful in all its ramifications.

"I also want to specially apologize to the family of Mazi Pericomo of Arondizuogu who I understand until his passing was a diligent servant ( Evangelist) of God. I apologize and put it on record that this experience has taught me that words that speak any form of divisive conversation amongst our people MUST be checked. This is a time for unity, love and unwavering support for each other.

"Similarly, I lend my voice to the directives of the federal and state government in observing all the COVID-19 protocols, while waiting on the Lord for the end of the pandemic."

Yabatech graduate who blackmailed singer, Salawa Abeni with her unclad photos gets arrested

Posted: 31 May 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Men of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) have arrested a 19-year-old Olufowoke Oladunjiye Emmanuel, a National Diploma holder of Yaba College of Technology, Lagos for blackmailing veteran singer, Queen Salawa Abeni with her ''nude photos".

The police launched an investigation into the matter when the singer came online on April 1 to raise an alarm after she had a chat with the blackmailer who told her that he has her nude photos in his possession and would release them if she fails to pay him some money.

Following a detailed investigation, the suspect, Emmanuel who resides at Brentfield Avenue, Peace Estate, Magboro, Ogun State, was arrested by the Decoy Team of Rapid Response Squad last week Thursday after three days of trailing him.

The suspect who is a 2017.2018 Electrical Engineering graduate from YABATECH, said he picked up a memory card containing the nude photos of the Waka Queen on the floor in YABATECH in November 2019. After downloading the photos, he decided to contact her after getting her number on the internet.


"On 1st of April, 2020, I chatted her up and also called her after sending a few of the photos to her online. My intention was to negotiate with her for few bucks and for me to destroy the photographs.

I thought everything was going on fine until the following day when I heard the news of the blackmail over the radio. I was with my mother. She was even cursing the blackmailer unknown to her that I was the brain behind it.

I immediately sneaked out, destroyed the memory card and threw my mobile phone and SIM card into a nearby wetland in Magboro. Since then, I never mentioned it to anyone and called Madam Salawa Abeni about it again", he said

Commenting on the arrest, the Lagos state Commissioner for Police, CP Hakeem Odumosu, stated that no individual would be allowed to commit a crime in Lagos from any state or escape to other states in Nigeria to evade arrest.

He advised guardians to monitor their wards, emphasizing that the internet is a fertile ground for opportunities but the State command would not allow criminals to use it as an avenue to exploit law-abiding Lagosians.

Barack Obama issues a statement on the death of George Floyd

Posted: 31 May 2020 07:30 AM PDT

Former President of United State of America, Barack Obama has put out a statement on George Floyd, a black man who died after being pinned down by police in Minneapolis.

Obama, 58, released a statement via his Twitter page, saying it "cannot be normal" in 2020 and urged the Minnesota authorities to 'ensure that the circumstances surrounding George Floyd's death are investigated thoroughly'.

Obama, U.S. first black president, added: "This shouldn't be 'normal' in 2020 America. It can't be normal. If we want our children to grow up in a nation that lives to its highest ideals, we can and must do better.

"It was fall mainly on the officials of Minnesota to ensure that the circumstances surrounding George Floyd's death is investigated thoroughly and that justice is ultimately done.

"But it falls on all of us, regardless of our race or station – including the majority of men and women in law enforcement who take pride in doing their tough job the right way, every day – to work together to create a "new normal" in which the legacy of bigotry and unequal treatment no longer infects our institutions or our hearts."

"It's natural to wish for life "to just get back to normal" as a pandemic and economic crisis upend everything around us," he said.

"But we have to remember that for millions of Americans, being treated differently on account of race is tragically, painfully and maddeningly "normal" – whether it's while dealing with the healthcare system, or interacting with the criminal justice system, or jogging down the street, or just watching birds in a park."


Bobrisky – “My arrest shows I don’t deal with small money”

Posted: 31 May 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Controversial Nigerian cross-dresser, Bobrisky has said that his recent arrest over an alleged fraud of N30 million only proves he doesn't deal with small money.

Bobrisky was picked by some police officers while driving his SUV in Lekki, Lagos, and immediately detained.

The arrest was confirmed by DCP Frank Mba who told The Nation: "Yes, Bobrisky was arrested in the early hours of today following a petition by a Nigerian woman that the crossdresser collected N30m from her for sales but did not keep to the end of the deal. Bobrisky was granted bail but the case is still an active one. It is a case under investigation."

Shortly after he was released, Bobrisky took to social media to hit at his haters who mocked him.

"Chai, plenty haters, they don't wanna see me happy.

Two face fools God will help me to punish you all. You will come to me and tell me you love me but go behind my back to spoil me.

This should show you guys that i don't deal with small money." he posted on Snapchat.


Zlantan Ibile curses lady who said he will soon fade away

Posted: 31 May 2020 06:30 AM PDT

Nigerian music star Zlatan Ibile jumped on a trend #TheMatter on Twitter, and he is about to release a song about different trending topics in Nigeria.

While some people hailed him for being proactive with his music, a lady slammed him, saying he will soon fade and that people should wait for another hot upcoming artiste.

The lady wrote; "Which world abeg, person wey don fade…as him brag say Na him make shaku shaku enter….inside killing dem x burna boy Na so another guy go make him own ZANKU enter, just wait for another hot Fireupcoming artist"

Zlatan replied; "Just as you go find your period and you no go see am till eternity and nobody go fit solve #TheMATTER"


Davido shows off his multimillion naira mansion in banana island

Posted: 31 May 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Popular Nigeria singer and everyone's favourite, David Adeleke, professionally known as Davido has taken to Instagram to show of his new mansion.

The Omo Baba Olowo (OBO) took to this verified page to share videos of his multi million naira mansion in Banana Island.

The mansion has an elevator and the "Fall" crooner could not wait to showcase the beauty of the house to his 16mil fans on Instagram.

Reacting to the good news, Nigerians took to social media to shower praises and celebrate with him. Some also pleaded with him to invite them over whenever he organises a house party.


Actress, Mercy Johnson shares adorable photos of her kids

Posted: 31 May 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Nollywood Actress cum entrepreneur, Mercy Johnson Okojie recently celebrated her kids as she shared adorable photos of them.

Mercy and her husband, Prince Odianose Okojie, welcomed a bouncing baby girl to their family earlier in May to make them proud parents of 4 and obviously, they are enjoying the blissful nature of parenthood.

Sharing the photos, she wrote ;

The full Okojie squad!

Mercy Johnson-Okojie has the utmost love and respect for her husband and most fans have tagged them the ideal couple in a generation where 'true love' is hard to find.

See more photos below!





Davido’s “Fall” becomes GOLD certified in U.S days after it went Gold in Canada

Posted: 31 May 2020 05:00 AM PDT

"Fall", a track from Davido's second album "A Good Time" has become Gold certified in the U.S days after it went Gold in Canada.

The music maestro broke the good news on his Instagram and Twitter pages today May 29, 2020.

His announcement of FALL being certified GOLD by RIAA is coming few days after same song went Gold in Canada.


"RIAA" is a music sales award cum certification in America, and its acronym stands for Recording Industry Association of America.

For any musical work of art to be certified Godl by RIAA in America, such piece of art must have surpassed 500,000 unit sales based on physical distribution (and not just online streams).

According to RIAA, a Gold certified song or album represents a whopping $1 million sales, and now that's a big fortune in Nigerian currency, do the calculation.

The hit song "FALL" has been certified platinum in South Africa, Gold in Canada and now Gold again in the U.S.

This is indeed a double win for the music executive for the year 2020.

Refer to his twitter post below;


Tonto Dikeh gifts her Son’s Nanny an iPhone

Posted: 31 May 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has taken to Instagram to show the world the brand new iphone she got for his son's nanny.

The mother of one decided to surprise her nanny with the phone which is said to be worth more than 500,000 naira.

Recall that things did not end well between Tonto Dikeh and her former Nanny, Mrs. Mgbechi Enyinnaya who accused the Nollywood actress of subjecting her to all forms of emotional and psychological abuse while working for her.

The 56 year old Nanny confessed that contrary to claims by the actress of showing her love by regularly gifting her money for her children, she had never done so.

According to her, throughout the period she worked for Tonto, she always assaulted her verbally. "At the slightest opportunity, she would rain abuses on me and tell that she would scatter me if I wasn't careful.


"I lived in that house with her despite all the constant harassment because of her son, King. I loved the boy like my own child and it was because of him that I stayed long with her." She said.

Anthony Joshua talks abut his challenges in finding true love

Posted: 31 May 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Professional British boxer, Anthony Joshua has revealed the challenges he is facing in finding true love, adding that he is yet to find someone to call his girlfriend.

He spoke with to The Sun about life in lockdown with his family including becoming "super dad" to his four-year-old son, JJ, and how it has been hard for him to balance his profession together with his personal life.

AJ says: "I think you can date and still be a successful sportsman but it's hard to find a balance and I would have to compromise — which I've not felt able to do.

"My dad never gave me advice about much. But in terms of relationships what I have learnt and what I tell my son is, it would be nice to find a high school sweetheart and to grow together because as you get older you get set in your ways.

"For me to have a relationship now means I would have to compromise and change my ways and I don't know how easy that would be for me to do.


"So I do date but I don't get to the stage where I actually put anyone into that position.

"I don't have a girlfriend and I haven't had one for a while. But as I get older I do think it would be nice to have someone, someone to grow with as well — but I honestly haven't found anyone."

The British Nigerian boxer also went on to say that he hopes to find a woman who would have to understand what it's like to be famous,

He explains: "Maybe I need to get off the estate and start going to celebrity parties — maybe do something different.

"I hope I will — and probably meeting someone else who understands fame would make sense. I would hope so. But it needs to be someone down to earth, family-orientated – someone who can call my mum their second mum.

"It takes time to grow that and, as I said, now I am older I am stuck in my ways. As I get older it would be nice to bring someone into my world but it's dependent on who and I just haven't found someone yet.

"Maybe we can go on a hunt. We have all the time now."

Joshua also revealed how he has become super-dad while in lockdown with his four-year-old son, JJ

AJ says: "I started off as super-dad and then that slowly went out the window and to be honest he's watching way too much TV now.

"The only thing he wants to do is watch Paw Patrol and Ryan's World – there's no way you'd get him watching Joe Wicks."

"At home, he doesn't really think of me as a famous boxer or anything like that. I'm not a superstar and he doesn't think so either. He knows I fight but that's all.


"I always keep that stuff away from home. I'm not like that at home – and I'm not even like that when I go out, really."

AJ, who has been home-schooling his son doesn't think he would be sending back to school when the lockdown come to an end.

The heavyweight says: "The next conversation is about him going back to school — although I'm not too sure if we'll send my boy back to school just yet."

While boxing fans want to see him fight British rival Tyson Fury, AJ says: "In my own mind I had mentally written off most of this year but, if I was to fight this year, it would probably be November or December.

"It's difficult at the moment knowing how you cover the costs, and whether you could charge people in the circumstances for pay per view."

On how he's been keeping fit, AJ explains: "It's my lifestyle. That's what I've done all my life – instead of going to college, I went to the school of boxing. I learnt how to fight.

"So I'm still doing my studying, I'm still doing my education but I've got a key to my local gym which I'm allowed to go in. You need discipline and that's one thing I've got personally, I don't need to be told or pushed – it's in my character.

"I just hit the bags, skip and it's the first time in my whole boxing career where I've been left alone.

"Normally I've got someone in my ear, telling me what to do, how to do it and I've actually really enjoyed being on my own. It's been a blessing.

"And there's nobody to spar with so you don't get hit — that's not always a bad thing!"

He went on: "My workout regime is always boxing and it's one of the things I love most about boxing. Out of all sports, you really don't need much to get started.

Kylie Jenner responds after Forbes accuse her of “lying” about billion net worth

Posted: 31 May 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Kylie Jenner has slammed Forbes after it published a bombshell report on Friday accusing the Jenner's family of inflating figures and 'forging' tax returns for the makeup mogul's cosmetics company.

It appears the 22-year-old reality star was taken by surprise at the article, which claims Kylie Cosmetics is not doing as well as the Jenners want people to think – and that the Lip Kit creator is not actually a billionaire.

Forbes named Kylie the world's youngest self-made billionaire in 2019 and again in 2020, and of her surprise over their latest article she wrote on Twitter: 'what am i even waking up to. i thought this was a reputable site. 'all i see are a number of inaccurate statements and unproven assumptions lol. i've never asked for any title or tried to lie my way there EVER. period'

She followed up with a quote from the Forbes report that accused the Jenners and their accountant of producing false tax returns.


'"even creating tax returns that were likely forged" that's your proof? so you just THOUGHT they were forged? like actually what am i reading.' Kylie tweeted incredulously.

She followed up with another post focusing on the positive, 'but okay i am blessed beyond my years, i have a beautiful daughter, and a successful business and i'm doing perfectly fine.'


Zlatan Ibile tattoos his baby mama’s name, Davita on his body

Posted: 31 May 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Fast rising Nigerian music artiste, Omoniyi Temidayo Raphael also known as Zlatan Ibile has crested name of his baby mama, Davita Lamai on his lower abdomen.

In a recent photo he uploaded, a new tattoo was spotted on his body and a tighter zoom in showed the word "Davita".

Reactions from blogs and social media users have revealed that "Davita" as tattooed on his body is his baby mama's name going by her Instagram username, @DavitaLamai.

It could be recalled that the singer recently celebrated his son whom he had with Lavita on his birthday.

Refer to the photo grid below;


Toyin Lawani shows her new man as they get set to tie the knot

Posted: 31 May 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian fashion stylist and clothing entrepreneur, Toyin Lawani has unveiled her new man as they get set to tie the knot.

The renowned fashionista made this known in recent series of posts she shared on her official Instagram page yesterday, May 29, 2020.

Toyin's showoff is coming few years after her failed relationship with rapper, Lord Triggs with whom she had a son, Tenor.

While her previous relationship endured, it remained one of the most talked about relationships in the Nigerian social media space.

However, the new man still remains anonymous as his instagram account is currently private and has just 4 photos.

See photos below;




Lami Phillips – Women have been raised to tolerate nonsense

Posted: 31 May 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Lami Phillips Gbadamosi has advised women to be kind to themselves, adding that they are worthy of peace of mind.

According to the singer, women have been taught to be quiet when mistreated and this has made them struggle with "self validation".

She wrote:

"Women have been taught to be quiet when mistreated. We have been raised to tolerate nonsense and serve condescension. Many women struggle with self validation because over time the beauty in their identity was not celebrated. Dear woman please become what you were destined to become! Own that superstar status! You are worthy of peace of mind. You deserve to be treated well too. Patience should not = foolishness and suffering. Be kind to yourself. You are doing an amazing job .,, and I celebrate you."


Wunmi Ajiboye and actor Ogungbe welcome new baby on their son’s birthday

Posted: 31 May 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Budding Nigerian actress, Wunmi Ajiboye and her husband, Ogungbe have welcomed their second child on their son's birthday.

Oluwatunmise David, their first child and son celebrated his 5th birthday today being May 30, 2020.

Wunmi Ajiboye had taken to Instagram to celebrate his cute son with a heartearming birthday message.
Wunmi Ajiboye and actor Ogungbe welcome new baby on their son's birthday

However, it became a double celebration for the thespians as their long awaited bundle of joy arrived few hours after they had celebrated their son's birthday.

Taking to her social media space to break the good news, actress Wunmi simply wrote; "Double blessing in my household."

Meanwhile, the gender of their newborn baby is unknown as at the time of filing this news report.

Congratulatory messages are already in place for the celebrity couple.

See birthday photos below;







Davido reacts to being called a clout chaser says he loves it

Posted: 31 May 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Renowned Nigerian music executive and recording artiste, David Adedeji Adeleke, also known as Davido jas reacted to being called a clout chaser.

This is coming few days after the revered artiste weighed in on Cynthia Morgan versus Jude Okoye talent management saga.

Several anti Davido social media users suggested the music executive was just chasing clout and was never going to help Cynthia Morgan as he had promised.

Sequel to this, Davido took to his insta story on Instagram to admit that he loves clout chasing for two reasons; his career and philanthropy.

Taking his insta story, he wrote; "If helping people for clout still does the job and changes lives… I love clout fem"


Davido – ‘I moved to banana with money I made from singing about bananas falling on someone’

Posted: 31 May 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Davido recently splashed millions of naira on a new mansion in Banana island.

The singer  has now  tweeted about buying the house with the money he made from singing about "banana falling on someone".

The house which is located in the exclusive highbrow area of Lagos Island has a variety of interesting features. One outstanding feature of Davido's new home is a private lift,  something the singer says he always wanted.

After sharing videos showing the interior of the house on Instagram, he took to Twitter to write:

"Moved to banana with money I made from singing about bananas falling someone …. Cruise."


It is not clear how much the new crib costs, but the value of properties in the extremely exclusive area in Lagos cost billions of naira.

Previous
Next Post »