Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Cynthia Morgan begins fierce fight as she curses Jude Okoye for her misfortune

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:30 AM PDT

A message shared via Cynthia Morgan's Instagram account cussed out Jude Okoye for his "evil ways."

The last we heard from the singer and her former record label boss, it appeared they were ready to bury the hatchet. Cynthia, who had said her music career came to a halt after she signed with Jude Okoye's Northside Entertainment label, cleared the air in an open letter and thanked Jude Okoye (read here).

However, only weeks after thanking him, the singer, who now goes by the name Madrina, appears to be back to blasting him.

The message shared via her Instagram Stories reads: "@judeengees you will suffer for your evil ways."


Abike Dabiri condemns Hushpuppi for committing crime and showing off

Posted: 27 Jun 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Abike Dabiri-Erewa has publicly condemned embattled Nigerian big boy, Hushpuppi after Dubai police released a video showing how Hushpuppi and his accomplices were nabbed in an operation that was dubbed Fox Hunt 2.

Reacting via her Twitter handle on Thursday June 25, Dabiri-Erewa who is the Chairman of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission NIDCOM, wrote

"Committing crime and still having the audacity to show off. Ramoni Igbalode aka Hushpuppi . This is really denting to our image as a people , but like I always say ,fraud does not represent who we are as Nigerians . Hardworking . dedicated, committed.

Whether your name is Ramoni Igbalode Or Invictus Obi , Crime is crime .The law must take its full course !! ITo those countries , another Nigerian arrested , is what they will say . We will always call out those who soil our image and celebrate the millions making us proud".


Daddy Freeze quotes Bible defending his association with Hushpuppi

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:30 PM PDT

OAP, Daddy Freeze has taken to the scriptures to support his association with alleged fraudster, Hushpuppi.

Controversial media personality, Ifedayo Olarinde aka Daddy Freeze, has reacted after he came under intense criticism online for promoting alleged fraudster, Ramon Abass, otherwise Hushpuppi.

Daddy Freeze, known for his incessant attacks on pastors, last year did a mini-documentary on Hushpuppi to promote the alleged fraudster.

In the documentary which began trending in the wake of Hushpuppi's recent arrest, Daddy Freeze is seen mocking Nigerian youths, who accuse Hushpuppi of fraud.

In the video which is almost an hour-long, Daddy Freeze, accompanied by his wife, describe with glowing words Hushpuppi's questionable lifestyle.

Hushpuppi also gives the broadcaster a tour of his garage, his resplendent Dubai home, and an expensive wardrobe.


In the video, Daddy Freeze is heard saying, "Hushpuppi's driver earns N700,000 month while you that abuses him on social media are doing houseboy work and earn N35,000 a month… Instead of you to beg Hushpuppi to hire your father as a driver."

Daddy Freeze has however defended himself by quoting Mark 2:15 where Jesus dined with "sinners".

Watch the video below….

Makeup Artist made her face look like President Buhari

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 11:00 PM PDT

A Nigerian lady has received commendations from fans on Facebook after she shared makeover of herself looking like Nigerian President Muhammadu Buhari.

The young make up artist identified as Richard Jane posted on her Facebook wall:

Today's episode on how bored are you, lol
Did an imitation makeup of Buhari
Close enough I guess
Show some love

After she made the post, many Nigerians commended her.

See her caption below;


See photos below,




Kemi Olunloyo begs Davido says, “he needs to sign her to DMW”

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Controversial journalist, Kemi Olunloyo has taken to social media to beg her arch enemy, Davido to sign her to his DMW record label.

The Yoruba born self acclaimed investigative journalist took to her Instagram story and posted a video of herself doing what she called "rap" adn she wrote.

:"Davido call me, you need to sign me as mummy DMW".


Rema shares romantic video from date with fan

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Nigerian singer and Mavin act, Divine Ikubor widely known as Rema has shared a video from his date with a fan named Nimie, whom he picked to 'spoil a bit' in a social media contest.

In the video shared by the 20-year-old on Twitter on Thursday, the two are standing on the deck of a boat and talking inaudibly before Rema gently kisses her neck while they are holding hands.

"Ginger me #Remafandate," he captioned the post.

The 'Ginger' singer had on Saturday announced that he was seeking a female fan to 'spoil a bit' in Lagos and asked his female fans to submit their pictures under his post.


He shared a picture of the lucky girl on Twitter on Tuesday and informed, "Hi Nimie, I'm taking you on a date. Get ready."

Best smartphones of 2020 - Buyers delight and reviews.

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:06 PM PDT

Best smartphones of 2020 - Buyers delight
Samsung Galaxy S20

In a recent smartphone buyer's guide released via GSMArena, includes the completely overhauled directory of the best smartphones you can buy.

Below are the top picks:

1). Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S20
Samsung Galaxy S20

The Samsung Galaxy S20+ has taken over the Galaxy Note10+, as indicated in the Editors' choice in the Best flagship category, on GSM Arena platfor.

According to the report, it is not the greatest available Galaxy, but the Ultra, and the Plus is much better value for a buyer.

Specification:


Superb 120Hz AMOLED display

Versatile triple camera setup, with impressive image quality and consistency

Expandable storage (though a single 128GB base storage option)

The fingerprint sensor performance is behind the competition

The body gets hot under load and the CPU throttles considerably

Zoom camera is not as sharp as the S20 Ultra's at 4x or 10x


 2). Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro Max
iPhone 11 Pro Max
One of the most expensive flagship phones in the market today, remains the iPhone 11 Pro Max, with a three-year-old design with the biggest of notches, and it's heavy and thick.

The gadget is offering an extra camera, improved dust and water resistance (still IP68, but stays longer and  deeper in water). It's a refinement over the previous generations, and unmatched performance. If you're an iPhone type of enthusiast, the 11 Pro (Max or otherwise) is a no-brainer.

Versions:
A2218 (Global market)
A2161 (USA, Canada, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands)
A2220 (China, Hong Kong)


3). Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro
Among the flagship smartphones of the 2020, is the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro. With the following  reviews:

•    Super bright 90Hz AMOLED display
•    Dependable battery life, fast charging, 65W brick in the box, super fast wireless charging
•    Best stereo speakers we've heard
•    Quad cam with two teles and a 108MP main unit delivers outstanding photo quality across the board, day and night, very good video as well
•    No IP rating (though some splash resistance claimed)
•    No memory expansion
•    Ultra wide cam misfocuses in close-up shots, not great in low light
•    Selfie cam not up to the rear cam's standard



4). Oppo Find X2 Pro
Oppo Find X2 Pro
Oppo Find X2 Pro
The Find X2 Pro, by Oppo could not compromise at all, when picking the hardware for the smartphone.
It comes with custom-built camera system with big-sensor main and ultra wide shooters and a 5x periscope.
The display is also said to be great with these features and reviews:


    Standout design, particularly if you opt for the Vegan leather version
    Class-leading 120Hz 1440p display
    Fastest charging in the segment (36mins to full)
    Excellent thermal management, exemplary sustained performance

    No memory expansion
    No wireless charging
    Low-light zoom camera performance not quite up there with the best


5). OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus, which was a flagship-on-a-budget brand, has now reached a point where it's price is almost at par with  other highend smartphones.

So it is not surprising when the OnePlus 8 Pro price has gone up to as much as a Galaxy S20+ price in some parts of the world.

The IP68 rating and wireless charging capabilities of the 8 Pro has made the OnePlus, one of the flagship you can long for over the shelves of gadget dealers.

Below are some of it's other features:


    Class-leading 120Hz 1440p display
    Great camera all-around
    Super fast wireless charging
    Loud stereo speakers

    Inconsistent motion smoothing feature, no always-on display
    No memory expansion
    Color filter camera is meh, so is the ultra wide in low light


6). Huawei P40 Pro
Huawei P40 Pro

Huawei P40 Pro

The Huawei P40 Pro under an 'Almost there' badge is a flagship smartphone, as with it's predecessor, the Mate 30 Pro which was released some six months back.

Huawei own App Gallery has tremendously expanded and offers a sensible alternative to the Google Play Store with most apps you'd need, but the absence of the Google Mobile services means some apps will definitely never work, which makes the P40 Pro hard to be recommend to the general public.

See some of it's features below:

    Very good 90Hz AMOLED display
    Great battery life, properly fast charging
    Excellent photo quality day and night across all cameras, 5x telephoto is longer than the Ultra's

    No Google Mobile Services means some apps will never work
    Some competing displays are higher-res and/or higher refresh rate
    Disappointing 4K60 videos
    Only takes NM cards for memory expansion
    No stereo speakers

[Interview]: #DontLeaveMeChallenge: The continued rise of Josh2Funny

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:30 AM PDT

It's Thursday, June 19, 2020, and #DontLeaveMeChallenge was coming off making its debut as a global trend. On the same day, it had crossed over 20 million views on TikTok. Pop culture enthusiasts around the world were looking for the origin of the meme/viral hashtag when KnowYourMeme, the UrbanDictionary for memes 'misyarned.'

Josh2Funny tells Pulse about Don't Leave Me Challenge, All My Guys Are Ballers, insinuations that he might be gay, working with Oxlade, and Terry Apala, and more



The origin of pun-based video content, #DontLeaveMeChallenge was wrongly attributed to someone who jumped on the meme of Nigerian origin and Nigerians lost it. In a world where Twitter NG is one of the most vibrant Twitter communities across the world for content creation, it felt like another case of cultural gentrification

Within hours, KnowYourMeme had no choice but to apologize and rectify its mistake by crediting the original creator of the trend. Born Josh Alfred and bred around Mushin, Lagos, Josh2Funny, the Nigerian comedian, actor and singer took credit for his second global trend - the first one was All My Guys Are Ballers, the audition based skit.

"[Nigerians/Fans] are still fighting [for me] (laughs)... Nobody ever used #DontLeaveMe or #ThinkAboutIt in a skit till I said it, but everybody did puns. EmmaOhMaGad and SLK were doing puns even before I started, but I was always good at puns because I was always a rapper.

"I listened to MI Abaga, Vector… Vector is one of the best at this wordplay game - Shout-out to Vector tha Viper. I thought of a hype man before anything… Everyone comes out now and remember that they used to do wordplay and pun. I understand, everyone wants to associate with success now wey everything don go global.

"I am happy about it and I feel it's just hardwork paying off. I am happy about it, I am elated… I don't know the English to speak (laughs)," Josh says.

While he has numerous personalities including Mama Felicia, Optununu, Gbas-gbos, TTP of the Consequence Boys, Bro Zakius, Think About It and Juga, he was Josh2Funny on this day… Maybe with a teeny, weeny dash of Juga without the elaborate throwback stories.

He also admits that the curse of the viral content creator, with a dash of comedy is that they might not get credit for their creation - like what almost happened to him.


He said, "If you want to go far, your content will get to places you don't know… No matter how much you try to put your name on them. The content will leave you, regardless of the amount of 'Don't Leave Me' you shout (laughs).

"If my jokes go to China and interpretes it for them, there's nothing I can do. I don't speak Mandarin or Cantonese… The only thing is that people should try to give due credit for the viral content they use. For example, I didn't make a lot of money from All My Guys Are Ballers, Wande Coal did and I didn't want to reap from where I didn't sow."

How was #DontLeaveMeChallenge birthed?
Josh2Funny is good at content marketing. What he does is not just create content, what sets him apart is content marketing - he creates compelling catchphrases around his skits and those catchphrases resonate with the audience and sell those skits before converting to viral trends.

In 2018, Josh2Funny and his friends started playing around with another phrase that became a trend, 'Think About It' - read 'Tink Abarrit' - and gained traction. But according to Josh, "If you know me, I don't like sitting on one thing. 'Tink Abarrit' was a metamorphosis that metamorphosed into some other thing by metamorphosing (laughs) and became #DontLeaveMeChallenge (laughs). This is just the way I like to create."


In March 2020, Josh wanted to create a pun-based comic skit, but he didn't realize his hype man, Kreb Bello would say, 'Don't Leave Me' at the end of the skit. That catchphrase sold another Josh2Funny moment.

"I never make skits with the ready-made intention of virality. In fact, the virality of the content never starts from me, it always starts from other people who love the content. For example, that Zimbabwean guy who jumped on #DontLeaveMe made people pay attention to what we created.

"'All My Guys Are Ballers' also went viral after people started posting it on Twitter and it went all over the world," Josh says.
As at the time we spoke, Josh's favourite #DontLeaveMeChallenge moment was the 'Break Up' skit.

Changes since 'All My Guys Are Ballers' went viral


Since the maiden global content, 'All My Guys Are Ballers' went viral, Josh2Funny says things have changed drastically for him, especially on the international front.

The viral content has also created a lot of opportunities for Josh. He has created a lot of viral content with international bodies and some of his skits have been translated into various international languages.

What inspires Josh?
Brother Zakius, one of his characters who wears brightly colored oversized suits was inspired by Josh's boredom with Mama Felicia and insinuations that he might be gay. Brother Zakius has become Josh's favourite character to play to. He says, "It's natural for me."

Josh is honest about the inspiration behind his skits and characters and that honesty shines through his eyes. He says, "I don't know what inspires them, I think it's God. I just sleep, wake up and get inspired."

How did Josh become a comedian?
10 seconds into our conversation and we had our first #Don'tLeaveMe moment after I told Josh that restless fans had dissed my receding hairline over his delayed appearance. He said, "At least you are the only one who can travel." Confused, I asked, "What?" and he replied, "Your [h]airline, bro."

The comedy is a part of Josh like air is to a human being. Growing up as an unrepentant Church boy in the Deeper Life Church with parents who are pastors at Mountain of Fire Ministries, Josh always knew that he would follow a career in the arts. Of all his gifts, comedy resonates with him the most.

"When I was young, I did a lot of painting and drawing… When I was in JSS1, I used to make greeting cards for my classmates and sell them for N50, N100. The day I sold one for N200, I shut down the market (laughs). I still draw, but time doesn't allow me to paint and draw as much.

"When I was in Secondary School, my teachers used to tell my dad that schooling was a waste of time for me and he loved hearing that. I was also good at football, I was the best in the same academy as Asisat Oshoala. My dad knew that I was not meant for school, but he wanted me to finish that school to have some security.

"[I chose comedy because] I am naturally funny and people have always told me. I don't force things and I don't even try to make people laugh, I just talk. I think comedy is in my blood, but music is in my genes… That's why I don't wash my jeans (laughs). I wear dirty jeans," Josh says.

Josh2Funny: The Artist
There are many angles to Josh and most people don't realize that. For example, music became his first love after he joined the choir in his teens.

Earlier in his life, he became a music producer who owned a studio in Mushin, Lagos. Terry Apala and a younger version of Nigerian singer, Oxlade used to come record at Josh2Funny's studio. Josh says Oxlade was like a studio rat in his studio, even.

Josh jokes that, "That part of my life did not blow because nobody removed the banger from the pack."

But earlier this year, Josh released his sophomore album, A Break From Jokes. This is a follow-up to the satirical TheUpsideDown which turned popular songs upside down as the title suggests.

"I'd been working on [A Break From Jokes] for three years. In fact, I met LXE three years ago for that album. The only reason I wanted to make it was because I had a sound playing in my head and I felt people needed to hear it.

"I don't really want to be seen as an artist, but I want people to know this other side of me and the things I have to say - like the topic of patience. I am not going for commercial success - if it blows, fine o, but that is not my goal. I just want to have a discography, that's why I didn't have a single," Josh2Funny says.

Who is Josh away from everything?
"This is me, everything I say on camera are things I can do in my regular life. I created Juga from a random conversation with Kreb. We were talking and I just [became that older guy with a lot of back stories]. I was lik, 'Woah, this is another one.' Josh away from the creativity, still the same Josh," he says.

Has Josh changed?
Not really. He has not come to terms with the fact that he might be a celebrity just yet. He still works like he has nothing. Josh thinks this is due to the humble and simple nature of his family, but he admits that such simplicity can be counterproductive sometimes when people take liberty for license.


As regards, when he realized that people knew him he said, 'Mama Felicia just started trending and I had just made 'Panda.' Kreb and I were trying to catch a bike to Church when this woman saw me and screamed so loud that Kreb almost started running. She jumped on me and started saying, "You give me joy when I'm depressed… You don't know what you do…"

"The second time, I was walking on the road as a group of kids were coming back from school. One of them looked back and said, "Josh2Funny!" I was like, 'This is it, I'm blown! (laughs) That was when I realized that I might be giving people something.

"I've always liked to be the reason for people's laughter. Once one person laughs, I get this real inner joy and sense of fulfillment. When I started seeing people following me, I felt the need to make them happy everyday because I might be the reason for someone's happiness. It also gives me a sense of responsibility."

The only thing Josh hates about his craft is how people don't take him seriously, even when he's serious.

Creating skits
Josh doesn't really have a set amount of money or time for creativity, it depends on what his clients want. Nonetheless, things have really changed for Josh - from Android phones, he went to iPhones and now, he is able to invest in proper equipment like cameras and even drones.

These decisions were made because Josh realized that, "If you want to start making money, you need to invest in it - no matter how little. If you've made little money, you have to put it back. For example, when I needed my first camera, someone told me cameras were cheap in Dubai, so I used all my money to purchase that camera. From there, I've been able to build my equipment base."

Dig at TikTok
During then Instagram Live chat, a fan commented that #DontLeaveMeChallenge had over 100 million views on TikTok and Josh said, "I've always said that TikTok is a thief." He continued after the live chat had ended, "If I created something that is giving your platform traction from which you will generate ad revenue, then you should be able to help me monetize like YouTube does."

In five years, I want to be seen as a versatile comedian and actor like Tyler Perry.

Source: Pulse.ng

Ceec in reported car crash due to brake failure

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Former housemate of Big Brother Naija, Cynthia Nwadiora popularly known as Cee-C is reported to have been involved in a car crash caused by a brake failure.

The reality TV star's car is reported to have suffered a brake failure.

In a video that surfaced on social media, Cee-C is seen pacing around the scene of the accident and at some point falls inside a gutter.

Pulse has not confirmed what happened but several reports on social media say that the 27-year-old TV personality suffered a brake failure with her car.



The accident is said to have happened in New Haven, Enugu.

Born Cynthia Nwadiora, Cee-C found fame as the runner-up in the third installment of popular reality TV show, Big Brother Naija.

Kizz Daniel set to drop new album, 'King of Love' tomorrow, releases tracklist

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:30 AM PDT

After several delays, Nigerian star, Kizz Daniel is finally set to release his third studio album, 'King of Love,' tomorrow, June 25, 2020.

News of the album circled about five months ago.

Th 16-track album has no features and it will be a follow-up to his Headies-winning debut, New Era and polarizing sophomore, No Bad Songz. The album will contain singles like 'Jaho,' and 'Fvck You.'

You can spot the track list below;

Here's all you need to know about the upcoming romantic drama, 'A Soldier's Story:Return From The Dead'

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Production has begun in earnest for the sequel to 2016 multiple award-winning romantic drama, 'A Soldier's Story'.

Here is all you need to know about the second installment of the Martin Gbados produced 'A Soldier's Story' trilogy.

'Soldier Story: Return From The Dead', produced by Martin Gbados and directed by Frankie Ogar will star lead acts Tope Tedela, Somkele Iyamah Idhalama, Daniel K Daniel and Hollywood star Eric Roberts in its gripping tale of love, hope and survival in the face of corruption and a country ravaged by war.

According to producers, the sequel which was shot in Lagos will remain set in the fictitious Watz Republic (first introduced in the debut film).


Actors, Alex Usifo, Segun Arinze, Chris Attoh, Sambasa Nzeribe, Linda Ejiofor, Baaj Adebule, Chico Aligwekwe, Vimbai Mutinhiri - Ekpenyong, Michelle Dede and Olumide Owuru will feature in supporting roles.

Visual effects for 'Soldier Story: Return From The Dead' is by Serbian acclaimed VFX studio, Crater Studios and while its theatrical release date has been billed for December 11, 2020, other distribution mediums have also been announced to include Netflix and DSTV among others.

'Soldier Story: Return From The Dead' is also billed for international release in the United Kingdom, South Africa and East Africa.

See more photos below;





Russo Brothers invite Ikorodu Bois to the premiere of Extraction 2

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Nigerian social media sensation, The Ikorodu Bois have received yet another international recognition following their remake of the Russo Brothers' 'Extraction 2' trailer.

The Ikorodu Bois just may have gotten that big Hollywood break!

In a now trending tweet, the Russo brothers expressed their excitement at the remake and officially invited the comedy trio to the world premiere of their Netflix action film sequel.

This won't be the first time that the creative crew will be getting some Hollywood star attention. 

Months back, the boys caught the attention of Will Smith after they recreated the 'Bad Boys Forever' trailer. Other stars like Dwayne Johnson and Lebron James have also shown the boys some love in recent times.

The Ikorodu Bois consisting of 15-year-old Muiz Sanni, 10-year-old Malik Sanni and 13-year-old Fawas Aina, have garnered both local and international affection for their comic remakes of movie trailers and trending videos. Their 23-year-old brother, Babatunde Sanni manages and edits their often viral videos.

BBNaija star, Ceec confirms car crash, says one person was injured

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Cynthia Nwadiora popularly known as Cee-C has broken her silence over the car crash she was in on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.

The reality TV star says the victim is presently receiving treatment at the hospital.

The reality TV star took to her Instagram stories earlier in the day where she gave an update of the sad incident.

According to her, one person was injured during the car accident and is presently receiving treatment at an undisclosed hospital.

"Thank you for all your messages, concerns, and well wishes. Unfortunately, I was involved in an auto crash and an individual was struck," she wrote.


"I am doing well, albeit shaken up but the individual that was struck is receiving treatment and I pray for a full recovery. Thank you for all your kind words, prayers, and love."


She went on to thank the individual who offered to help her during the accident.

"Thank you to the angel Samaritan who offered up his truck without any questions asked to transport us to the hospital. God bless you wherever you are," she added.


The reality TV star was involved in a car crash on Wednesday, June 24, 2020.

In a video that surfaced on social media, Cee-C was seen pacing around the scene of the accident and at some point fell inside a gutter.

The accident is said to have happened in New Haven, Enugu.

Mufasa Kawasaki, The fresh prince of Nigerian Afro-fusion

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Aremu Oluwatobi Stephen began his music grind as far back as 2012 and he has very impressive results to show for it.

2020 is in play and one artiste that is about to be on our national radar is no other than Mufasa Kawasaki.

Having sealed the year with a decent effort on the single STORY, Kawasaki, lets us know of the music gourmet cooking in his kitchen. Read to learn of his beginnings, his struggles, his next moves, his opinions on some critical issues in the music business, and more.

'If I were to rate myself, I would say 8/10.'

What is the back story of your name "Kawasaki"?

It was just Mufasa but while I was schooling at FUTA I got a power bike. It was a Kawasaki ninja 250cc and it had always been a dream of mine since I was little, as I had always loved everything Asian. All of a sudden I noticed my friends started calling me Mufasa Kawasaki and M.kawasaki for short.

Do you play any musical instrument?

I play a bit of the keyboard but the best instrument I've come across so far is the parade drum. I used to play the snare drum back then for my church. I was among the royal ambassadors association.

When did the music dream start?

I've always had the love for music for as long as I can remember but my dad was a very traditional man and had humble background, so he never believed that music could actually be a career. He was a church chorister in his younger days. Like I said earlier music was always the goal and I always used to look at big musicians as supernatural beings. In 2016/2017 Burna Boy came to Port-Harcourt for a show and he had an interview on Cool FM Port-Harcourt. I called in and luckily, they picked. He told me to chase my dream and not listen to anyone. That moment listening to Burna changed everything and my perspective of music and life as a whole.

How far along have you come since 2012 when you started your music career?

It has come good so far. It wasn't easy before I got to where I am today but I thank God for the platform I had in school. People liked my song in school and they called me for school shows and that was where I knew I was born to do this.

Let's talk about your discography. Out of all you've done, which one will you say is your favourite work and why?

A mentor of mine once told me that there is never a best single, my best single I would tell people is my next single because you get better with every track you drop.

Who are your influences?

Burnaboy is a big influence on my life and musical career. I see a lot of me in him because he rose up despite all odds and controversy. People should understand that musicians are not perfect, they are also humans and doing music is service to humanity. Mehn, shout out to Fela Anikulapo Kuti, that man should be a hero. He was a leader, he was not perfect but he was a good man. I still appreciate him for not introducing hard drugs to our society because back then he was a big influencer on the youths. He studied abroad and I'm sure he had some experiences so anything he did back then would have been the trended but he chose to serve the people. I also love Shopsydoo, Bankulli and Billieque. These men and leaders and the fact that they take time from their busy schedule to mentor and advise upcoming artistes like me, means a lot to me so I hold them in high esteem.

What childhood experience would you say ties to your current reality?

I knew I would do music from a very young age. Like I said earlier my dad loved music and was a chorister. He bought me my first keyboard t when I was in j.s.s. 3 and he also registered me in my church's music workshop but we never just thought that I would go into music professionally. I've always love entertainment. I have been a dancer at one time in my life, been a song writer and even done back up for some of my friends and musicians.


How do you manage to get this level of inspiration all the way in China?

It's been good for me to be honest. The feedback I have been getting so far from the song I dropped has been motivating and it has been keeping me going. It's a different thing to do your music and it's a different thing to get the right response from people. If I were to rate myself, I would say 8/10.

What's your relationship with other artistes, musically and otherwise?

I have good relationships with a few of them; nothing personal, just respect and I learn from them. I observe and learn from a lot of people and that is what I believe has been helping me. I chill, learn, strategize and then come with a vibe.

Which of your peers do you have great respect for?

Lol, that's a hard one. There are a lot of them I look up to and have respect for but I'll use this medium to give shout out to Barryjhay, SuperWozzy , Rema, Gemini and Omah Lay. These are guys like me that I relate with because they are working and before any record label came in they were and are still pushing until today.

'…Every day I think of how I can be better and how I can be more creative.'

How are your fans receiving 'Story'?

Wow, words can't explain. I am still overwhelmed. "Story" was more like a test to see if people would love the vibe and the response I got is crazy. Very very crazy... God is in control.

We gathered that you are set to drop a big hit. Tell us more about it.

Yes but I'll correct you on this one. I would like you to rephrase your question to ''dropping one of your hits''. I'll be dropping one of my hits soon stay tuned.

Do you support the notion that singles do better than an album?

I won't say I agree to that because as an artist, the respect you get when you drop an album is different from single. When you drop an album which is a body of work, it shows that you know what you are doing and people get to understand your sound better.

Are we expecting an album from you soon?

Of course but I'll drop an album, even albums God willing. I already have an album ready but I'll hold on until when I'm done with my schooling fully. For now, I just want to make good music and tour around the world.

What bothers you the most in the industry?

Competition is getting too much. Yes, I believe everyone should have zeal but this music no be competition matter. We should all just make good music and make people close to us happy. Like Shopsydoo would always say, music is service to humanity, music is like a wave. We just fuse with it and then and when it's time we get washed ashore. Music has been here before me and it will be hereafter me.

What are your goals for the rest of 2020?

I'm looking forward to dropping more singles and touring two countries before the year run out.

Watch the official video to 'STORY' by Mufasa Kawasaki


Follow KAWASAKI on all his social media platforms to keep up with his music and lifestyle.

YouTube: MUFASAKAWASAKI

Instagram: M.KAWASAKI02

Twitter: MUFASAKAWASAKI

Facebook: MUFASA KAWASAKI

Source: Pulse.ng

Jussie Smollett’s alleged attackers no longer interested in testifying against him

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 04:00 AM PDT

The men who allegedly attacked Hollywood star, Jussie Smollett in 2019, are said to be no longer interested in testifying against him.

The Nigerian brothers are said to be pulling away from testifying against the movie star in court over the treatment they are getting from the police.

The two brothers, Abel and Ola Osundario are now reportedly unwilling to testify against the actor.

PageSix reports that the brothers have changed their minds because they feel as if police are still treating them as suspects and are withholding possessions they had taken from them during a February 2019, raid of their home.

"It's been over a year and they need to give us our stuff back," Abel said.


It would recalled the brothers had said that they were both paid $3,500 to attack Smollett in what the actor claimed was a racist and homophobic attack against him back in January 2019.

According to TMZ, the brothers told the jury that they staged the so-called "attack" and even got paid for it.

The brothers were caught on camera buying a bunch of supplies before the incident including ski masks, gloves, bandanas, sunglasses, and red hats.


The 'Empire' actor was later indicted by a jury on a sixteen count charge for spearheading his own attack, a claim he has continued to deny.

Bobrisky – “One thing I never regret is changing my gender“

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian cross dresser, Okuneye Idris Olorunwaje, popularly known as Bobrisky has opened up on how he feels with his new life.

The Yoruba born self acclaimed male Barbie revealed that he will never regret changing his gender

The bleaching expert says men suffer so much in life while women only sit down idle to enjoy the wealth of men and this is one of the reasons he has no regret changing his gender.

"One thing I never regret is changing my gender. Girls we dey enjoy. Men na hustle go kill una"

"Girls we they enjoy, especially d hot one men go full our dm begging to date us. Our own is just to slay, cook for dis men and open leg for them at night… The following day we send them out to hustle. I'm happy I join d girls gang" He wrote.

Yoruba actor, Gbolagade Akinpelu popularly known as Ogun Majek, is dead

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 03:00 AM PDT

It was gathered that the actor died on Thursday morning at his Imalefalafia, Oke-Ado, Ibadan home.

Nollywood actor and producer, Tunde Ola-Yusuf, confirmed his death in a post on his Facebook page.

The post reads, "From him we come and onto him we shall return. Alh. Gbolagade Akinpelu Ogunmajek has returned to his creator.

"May God almighty rest his soul among the righteous."

He, however did not disclose the cause of his death.

The actor was reported to have battled a prolonged illness before his death.


Dubai police release detailed video of how Hushpuppi and co were arrested after "4months of close tracking"

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:30 AM PDT

The Dubai Police have released a detailed footage to announce the arrest of Nigerian Instagram celebrity, Raymond Abbas, popularly known as Hushpuppi.

In a video shared by the police, officers explained how they carried out the operation dubbed "Operation Fox Hunt 2" which led to the arrest of Hushpuppi alongside 12 others for online fraud and money laundering.

According to the police, the operation took 4 months and hours of monitoring their social media accounts.

The Dubai Police alleged that Hushpuppi and his gang created websites that looked identical to well-known companies and banks.

He and his accomplices then used emails and messages to prompt people to log in or make payments on the fake sites.

The gang hacked corporate emails and directed huge payments by companies towards accounts they controlled.

Watch the video below:

Omotola Jalade – “Why is it so hard for us to be a great Nation?”

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Veteran Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has shared what she noticed after she drove past a convoy of about 5 cars in Lagos.

Omotola Jalade questions governance

According to the UNWFP ambassador, it costs so much to maintain the vehicles constantly, but Nurses, Lastma and more have been protesting unpaid salaries.

She went further to question why Nigeria cannot be a great nation where everyone will want to live and prosper.

Read as she tweeted below…

"Yesterday,a convoy of about 5 cars/
motorcades drove past me. Do U know how much it costs to fuel,maintain these constantly?Today lastma,Nurses etc are protesting being owed salaries.Why these mindless waste?where's the conscience?Ain't You tired of the insults on black people?

I mean … why is it so hard for us to be a Great a nation everyone will want to Live in, prosper in and Relocate to? Why?"


Tacha Shades Multichoice after Launching her Cloth Line

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Big brother Naija 2019 housemate, Tacha has thrown a shade at multichoice after launching her clothing line 'NLNT'.

Taking a swipe at Multichoice, producers of BBNaija, the platform that made her widely known, she wrote:

Her post reads:

"MULTICHOICE MY GOD NO DEY SLEEP OHHH!!! E open eye GIDIGBA 📌"

According to her, her God doesn't sleep, implying that despite her disqualification, she is still winning.


Ilorin based Kayanmata seller buys 3-Cars worth N25M & Lekki Mansion in a Day

Posted: 26 Jun 2020 01:00 AM PDT

A popular Kayanmata seller @Queenskincareproduct on Instagram has shocked social media users by buying 3 brand new automobiles.


The cars are: a 2020 Toyota Camry which costs N19Million; a 2008 Toyota Camry which costs N2.8Million and a Lexus RX 330 which costs N3Million.

Her lastest acquisitions are coming just few weeks after she bought a mansion in Lekki.

She shared the photos of the cars on her page with fans going crazy. However, many people have expressed reservations as to the true source of her wealth.

See her post below;


See photos below:



Previous
Next Post »