Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


D’Banj Rape accuser, Seyitan Withdraws Rape Case Against Singer

Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Seyitan has settled privately with popular Nigerian singer and music executive, D'Banj as she finally "pleads and withdraws" rape case against him.

Recall that several weeks ago, D'Banj was allover the news after a young Nigerian lady, Seyitan accused him of raping her so many years ago at Glee Hotel.

According to invesigative journalist Kemi Olunloyo who has been insisting Seyitan's allegations against D'Banj are false, the singer has been cleared after Seyitan "pleaded and withdrew her petition citing personal reasons".

Kemi Olunloyo wrote ;

"I was RIGHT all along. It cost me a lot of time, money, my health and sometimes integrity but I ONLY investigate the truth.
#defendmediafreedom

Dbanj has been vindicated by @policeng of RAPING Seyitan. I will now detail findings of their investigation.

@PoliceNG cleared @iamdbanj 100% after fully carrying out an investigation and in parallel Ms Seyitan who pleaded and WITHDREW her petition. It is important to pay close attention to real rape accusations vs fake accusations so as to protect the innocent rape victims #kemitalks

Here are legal documents I obtained in the case and the recommendation of @policeng

I implore the Nigerian mainstream media to get more involved in investigative journalism especially RAPES. It is important to protect the innocently accused. #kemitalks"

See screenshots as obtained from Kemi Olunloyo's page below;



US court shares reason why Hushpuppi was denied bail

Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:00 AM PDT

A United States Court sitting in Illinois, Chicago has shared its reason for denying Ramon Abbas a.k.a Hushpuppi bail.

Recall that the Instagram celebrity who was arrested last month in Dubai for alleged wire fraud and extradited to the U.S on July 3, was accused of being part of a network that made "hundreds of millions of dollars" from business email compromise frauds and other scams.

The US court has now revealed it denied Hushpuppi bail and the opportunity to stay with his girlfriend's Uncle pending the conclusion of his trial.

Based on the recommendations of the Pretrial services which provides the court quality information about defendants, it was stated that Hushpuppi presents a risk of non appearance and should be removed to the charging district in California in custody.

Premium Times reported that other factors include the fact that Mr Abbas is subject to lengthy period of incarceration if convicted, lacks significant community or family ties to the district, lacks significant family or other ties outside the United States, lacks legal status in the country and will be subjected to removal or deportation for serving any period of incarceration.

If the allegations turns out true, it was further stated that Huspuppi who has ties with many foreign countries has sufficient assets to fund flight to anywhere in the world.

The statement partly read;

"Abbas reportedly rents an apartment in Dubai for $10.000 a month and drives a Bentley. He is alleged to have committed financial crimes that netted tens of millions of dollars or more.

"For these reasons and those stated on the record, Mr Abbas shall be removed to the charging district in the custody of the US Marshal."

Chicago lawyer, Michael Nash reveals why Woodberry’s case was dismissed

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Michael Nash, the Chicago lawyer representing Woodberry, has said that the dismissal of the fraud allegation against his client makes no difference.

Woodberry was arrested alongside Hushpuppi and extradited to the US where he's being tried for fraud.

"The government dismissed the case because it charged him with a slightly different crime. In the long run, no difference", he said.

Assistant U.S. Attorney, Joseph D. Fitzpatrick in reaction to the news disclosed that Woodperry still has an eight-count charge of wire fraud against him.

He said, "We dismissed the complaint, but the indictment (charging 8 counts of wire fraud) is still active. We cannot comment on the dismissal of the complaint, but I wanted to make sure you knew the indictment is still active.

"Mr Ponle has now been charged by indictment, instead of being charged by the complaint by FBI".

BBNaija2020: Viral video of Laycon performing his song “Awa Fierce” in Big Brother’s house

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:00 PM PDT

All lines seem to be fallen in the right places for Laycon the budding up and coming artiste who was initially labelled as one of the under dogs in the big brother 2020 house.

Biggie played his song Awa Fierce featuring Reminisce and Chinko Ekun in the house and Laycon also got a chance to perform it live to the other housemates. If the love shown him by the other contestants for the prize is to go by, the young man has a very good chance of getting into the top 5 or probably winning the game.

The house was a frenzy of sort as all housemates bounced, sang and hailed Laycon during the song performance. This is one game that his fierceness will definitely pay off. That is if it is not just words of mouth though.


NAF Explains Why Autopsy Was Not Conducted On Arotile

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:30 PM PDT

The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) said they did not conduct an autopsy following the death of Flying Officer, Tolupe Arotile because the family were satisfied with the agency's investigations.

Tolulope, 25, who passed away on the 14th of July, 2020 following head injuries from an accident at the NAF Base in Kaduna, was buried on Thursday at the National Cemetery in Abuja.

During his appearance on Channels Television's Sunrise Daily, the Spokesperson of the Nigerian Air Force, Air Commodore Ibikunle Daramola said the family of the deceased were satisfied with investigations carried out by NAF and did not request for any autopsy.

According to the NAF spokesperson, the cause of death for Nigeria's first female combat helicopter pilot was already known and the father of the late officer equally wanted a closure of the matter.

"The circumstances surrounding it were read and could not have been scripted any other way other than what happened because it was freakish in nature. But the facts are the facts" the NAF spokesperson said.

"That (autopsy) would be initiated by the family but based on discussions with them and the fact that there were witnesses there, and the time that she was taken to the Nigerian Air Force Hospital in Kaduna, there were no doubts as to the cause of death which was head injuries as a result of trauma caused by the vehicle hitting her from the rear."

He explained that "the father, Engineer Akintunde Arotile said he wanted closure on this matter and that he was comfortable with the Nigerian Air Force investigations which of course is also being transferred to the police because the police were involved from the outset.

"Autopsy was not done because it was not requested; the cause of death was already known based on the investigation and how she was taken to the hospital and the confirmation was made. There were no doubt in that regards and there was no request from the family for that specifically. "

#BBNaija2020: Dorathy Admits She Used To Pay Her Sister To Wash Her Clothes

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:00 PM PDT

The BBNaija 2020 reality show on is and everybody is talking about it. Seeing as there is no maid or domestic staff on the reality show, the housemates are left to do their own personal chores even if they do not like it. The house is filled with people from different backgrounds, some more privileged than the others.

Just recently, one of the housemates, Dorathy Bachor, admitted to another contestant that she used to pay her sister to wash her clothes. She did this while doing her laundry on the show.

Dorathy also said that she sometimes used to decide to wash all the plates in the house in exchange for her sister to do her laundry. It appears she is not a fan of washing clothes.

See the video below:

Demi Lovato announces engagement to actor Max Ehrich

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:00 AM PDT

American singer, Demi Lovato has announced her engagement to actor, Max Ehrich.

Lovato is set to marry her boyfriend and Hollywood actor, Max Ehrich.

The child star took to her Instagram page on Thursday, July 23, 2020, where she announced the engagement.

"When I was a little girl, my birth dad always called me his "little partner" - something that might've sounded strange without his southern cowboy like accent," she wrote.

"To me, it made perfect sense. And today that word makes perfect sense again but today I'm officially going to be someone else's partner."


She went to describe how she felt from the first time she met her partner and the undying love they both share.

"@maxehrich I knew I loved you the moment I met you. It was something I can't describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it firsthand but luckily you did too... I've never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all," she wrote.



View this post on Instagram

When I was a little girl, my birth dad always called me his "little partner" - something that might've sounded strange without his southern cowboy like accent. To me it made perfect sense. And today that word makes perfect sense again but today I'm officially going to be someone else's partner. @maxehrich - I knew I loved you the moment I met you. It was something I can't describe to anyone who hasn't experienced it firsthand but luckily you did too.. I've never felt so unconditionally loved by someone in my life (other than my parents) flaws and all. You never pressure me to be anything other than myself. And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I'm honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I'm ecstatic to start a family and life with you. I love you forever my baby. My partner. Here's to our future!!!! 😩😭❤️🥰😍 Ps. THANK YOU @angelokritikos FOR HIDING BEHIND ROCKS AND CAPTURING THE ENTIRE THING!!! I love you boo!!!
A post shared by Demi Lovato (@ddlovato) on

"You never pressure me to be anything other than myself. And you make me want to be the best version of myself. I'm honored to accept your hand in marriage. I love you more than a caption could express but I'm ecstatic to start a family and life with you. I love you forever my baby. My partner. Here's to our future!!!! 😩😭❤️🥰😍"

Congratulations to Lovato and Ehrich from all of us at Pulse.

Lovato is a songwriter, actress, television personality, author, and activist.


She rose to prominence for her role as Mitchie Torres in the Disney Channel musical television film Camp Rock in 2008 and its sequel Camp Rock 2: The Final Jam later in 2010.

Lovato became a judge and mentor for the second and third seasons of the U.S. version of The X Factor alongside Britney Spears, Simon Cowell, and L.A. Reid.

Moyo Lawal shares steamy bathtub photo on Instagram

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Moyo Lawal has released a sexy bathtub photo on social media.

The voluptuous actress is famous for posting racy photos on social media.

The voluptuous actress shared the steamy photo on her Instagram page on Wednesday, July 22, 2020.

In the racy photo, Lawal is spotted on a bathtub with a towel that leaves little to the imagination of many.

Lawal is a Nollywood actress who became quite popular after landing herself a movie role in an award-winning TV series titled 'Tinsel' where she played the notable role of a character named Chinny.


She has starred in several movies including, 'Desperate Baby Mama,' 'Parents' Guard,' 'The Bridal Shower,' 'Big Gals on Campus,' 'Cloud of Pain', and 'Mistresses.'

#BBNaija2020: Eric and Lilo hint on a 'ship', housemates show off their singing skills

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:00 AM PDT

With diary sessions come clarity and the latest housemates have made some surprising revelations about some of their interests.

Some of the housemates are starting to create snuggling moments.

For one, Twitter matchmakers may have given up on a possible situationship between housemates Nengi and Ozo after day three's diary sessions and turned their energy to Lilo and Eric.

Away from the Lilo and Eric ship is another that just might be brewing between Vee and Neo.

Interestingly, Vee had revealed to Big Brother during Wednesday diary sessions that Neo may be tugging at her tender hearts. Neo, on the other hand, seems to have his interests somewhere else if not knowing the full name of a love interest is anything to go by.

Day four also came packed with some exciting moments as housemates took to showing off their singing skills including a version of 'We Are The World' that could wake Jackson.


The highlights of the housemates and their morning performance were Laycon sampling two of his songs to the excitement of the housemates and Ozo's version of Tory Lanez's 'The Take'. Sheathe your cupid arrows, it's probably for Dora.

Watch Davido, Nas and Hitboy in the studio

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

On July 23, 2020, Nigerian superstar was spotted in the studio with legendary American rapper, Nas and Hitboy, the rapper and producer who made 'N*ggas In Paris' for Kanye West and Jay Z.

Nas is the legendary New York rapper and Hitboy is the rapper and producer who made, 'N*ggas In Paris' for Kanye West and Jay Z.

This was revealed on the Instagram stories of Davido's manager, Asa Asika via a muted video. Davido who is currently believed to be outside the country despite the closure of borders and airports is thought be working on his third album, A Better Time.

You can watch the 11-second video below;


Hushpuppi's Arrest: Lawyer says he has not been released yet

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:30 AM PDT


Gal Pissetzky, lawyer to suspected Internet fraudster and Instagram celebrity, Ramon Abass, aka Hushpuppi, has disclosed that his client has not been released.

Pissetzky stated that Hushpuppi was transferred to another prison not released. The lawyer also confirmed he was still representing Hushpuppi.

Hushpuppi's lawyer's disclosure comes after reports circulated on Wednesday night that Hushpuppi had been released as his details on the Bureau of Prisons showed he was no longer in the prison.

"He is on his way to California, United States of America, for trial. …"
Pissetzky told PUNCH on Wednesday night. "He has not been released and I am still his lawyer. He is on his way to California.

"Not everything you see on court documents is accurate."


"Just because the jail record says 'released' does not mean he has been released. He is being transferred to California,"

Bobrisky – “I’m too big for that mess called Big Brother Naija”

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Controversial cross dresser, Idris Okuneye a.k.a Bobrisky has stated that he is too big to be a housemate of the popular reality TV show, Big Brother Naija.

He disclosed this while responding to a fan who asked him when he will be a housemate of the show, so fans can watch him live.

Bobrisky bluntly replied the fan that he has no reason to go for the show. According to Bob, he already has so much money, fame and "millionaire" cars so BBNaija means nothing to him.

The fan asked;

"When will Big Brother have you as a contestant?"

Bobrisky replied;

"I'm too big for that mess. I have so much money already. Mad fame, millionaire cars, house. Please what else?"



Actress, Elenora Amarachi: How BBNaija's Prince paid my Hotel Bill without asking for my Number

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Elenora Amarachi Paul, has narrated how big brother Naija housemate, Prince Enwerem helped her on a day she was stranded in Lekki, Lagos.

According to Elenora, she was almost harassed at a house party she attended because she didn't want to sleep with one of the guys, and she couldn't get a cab home as it was late.

But luckily for her, Prince who saw her stranded asked her to join his Uber and when she told her she was going to mainland part of Lagos, he helped her pay N20k for a night in a hotel and left without asking for her number.

Read her story below…


"Hah!! So this guy is a prince. See how I missed my chance!!! Gosh! So last year I was at a house party in lekki where I was harrassed and almost sexually assaulted and asked to leave around 1am because I refused to sleep with one of them. I was stranded and had to start…

2…. looking for Uber to take me home. But all of them were rejecting trips to the mainland and I was Almost giving up when this guy stopped with his own Uber and asked me to join! Hah I was skeptical, but I no get choice. I had to join and when I told him I was going to the….

…. mainland and I was Almost giving up when this guy stopped with his own Uber and asked me to join! Hah I was skeptical, but I no get choice. I had to join and when I told him I was going to the mainland he was like he's not going oh and I was like hah! God! But then he said..

…I shouldn't worry that he'll help me out. Guy! I sit down tight and was praying in my mind oh! Next thing he took me to a hotel and asked me if I'm okay with spending the night there. I said please sir I don't have money to pay for hotel room oh haah! He just smiled….

….Anyways long story short; He paid 20k for a night at the hotel and he didn't even ask me for my number and I was like "wow! I didn't even know he's a prince!! Wow!! See how I missed my chance…lol…

This whole big brother voting thing I don't do it but for this guy I'll…

…I'll vote with my last card mehn.
Please If you know his handle tag him cos I need to queue in the dm. A true prince!!! God will continue to show up for you like you showed up for me!!! Amen!!🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿🙏🏿"




Dbanj celebrates mum with sweet words on her birthday

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Singer D'banj's mother, Florence Oyebanjo is 67 years old today, July 22nd, and he has taken to Instagram to celebrate her.

To mark her special day, the singer shared lovely photos of her and thanked her for being nothing but the best. He also thanked her for raising him so well and teaching him the real virtues of life.

Read his sweet post below….

"Who sat and watched my Infant Head. When Sleeping on my Cradle Bed———My Mother, My Chairman , my Partner , my Backbone . You have been Nothing but the best Mom any child could Wish and pray for . Your Guidance and Endless love surprises me Everytime and Everyday . I love you so much and thanks again for Bringing me Into this World and For Raising Me so Well and to teach me the Real Virtues of life . Happy Birthday Mummy . I love you Mummy Show The Real D'banj ❤️❤️❤️🦾🦾🦾🙏🙏🙏"


Naira Marley – “I don’t do drugs I just smoke weed”

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Nigerian musician, Afeez Fashola better known as Naira Marley, is letting the world know he doesn't do drugs as some people have said.

He shared photos of himself smoking weed and announced that he doesn't do drugs but only smokes weed.

"I don't do drugs I just smoke weed" he wrote.

Recall that few months ago, the Soapy master posted a picture of himself and his goons wrapping up weed with an inscription saying, "no permission! We do it with no permission."

Naira Marley, who was arrested by the EFFC last year for fraud related charges, is very popular among the youths because of his type of songs that tend to glorify social vices.

Toke Makinwa - Marriage should have an expiry and subject to renewal clause

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 03:00 AM PDT

It is no news that the popular fashionista, Toke Makinwa, thrives on controversy. Almost everything she says or does often causes quite a buzz on social media.

Just recently, Toke Makinwa left social media buzzing after she stated that marriage should have an expiry and subject to renewal clause after a certain number of years.

She wrote;


"I think marriage should have an expiry and subject to renewal clause after a certain number of years, like the way we renew agreements, people should be allowed to look back on time out in, grade themselves and hit the renewal button if they can still stand each other"

Bobrisky reveals he has 3 serious boyfriends and 7 unserious ones

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Controversial cross-dresser, Okuneye Idris Olanrewaju, popularly known as Bobrisky, has formally introduced himself to his Instagram followers.

According to the self-acclaimed male barbie, his net worth is close to a billionaire's, he owns 3 luxury cars, a mansion in Lekki, 3 serious boyfriends and 7 unserious ones.

Sharing a stunning new photo of himself, he wrote;

"She is Bobrisky
She is fucking beautiful
She stylish
Her net worth is close to a BILLIONAIRE
She own three luxury cars
She is 28yrs
Her mansion is in lekki
She has over 3 serious boyfriends and 7 unserious ones.
BOBRISKY 🔥🔥🔥"

This is not the first time he is listing his achievements, last year he listed his achievements at 28.


BBNaija's Ifu Ennada stuns in new Birthday Photos

Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Ifu Ennada whose real name is Iheme Faith Uloma, turns a year older today, July 23. To mark her birthday, she took to her Instagram to share a rather stunning photos of herself.

Sharing the photos, she wrote: "HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME! I DECIDED TO WEAR SOMETHING CLOSE TO MY BIRTHDAY SUIT! I'M BLESSING SOME PEOPLE FINANCIALLY TODAY!"

See more photos below;




Just a while back, Ifu Ennada was in the news for saying no man is faithful. She advised women to remain single and have kids. The reality star also advised women to focus more on themselves and live their lives.

Previous
Next Post »