Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Donjazzy and Others join #WomenSupportingWomen Challenge with Disguise Photos

Posted: 30 Jul 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Nigerian male celebrities including Donjazzy, Nosa Rex, Actor Deyemi and others have disguised themselves as women to join the trending challenge.

The "WomenSupportingWomen" challenge kicked off recently and many female celebrities have taken part of the challenge by sharing a black and white photo of themselves with a message to women, fostering support and love amongst women.

Regina Daniels while partaking in the challenge after being nominated by Ini Edo, shared a throwback B&W photo from her maternity shoot and advised women to focus on building themselves rather than tearing themselves down.

Donjazzy, Nosa Rex have also joined the challenge by sharing photos of themselves dressed as women.

Checkout more photos below;






Adeherself releases statement after being released from EFCC says "She's in Pains"

Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Popular social media influencer, Adedamola Adewale, popularly known as Adeherself, has released a statement after being released on bail from EFCC custody.

The 20-year-old skit maker was arrested for internet fraud weeks ago and arraigned before Justice Sherifat Solebo of the Special Offences Court in Ikeja, Lagos on a one-count charge of possession of fraudulent documents.

She was released last week and she has now released a statement on Instagram. Read below…

"If there's one thing I've learnt in life, it's to never give up no matter how hard things may get in life…. I Am Adeherself, yes I'm cheerful, happy, playful, energetic and free spirited, I wunt deny the fact that right now I'm in pains and presently going through a phase I never imagined I could ever face in life.

I know I will come out of this victorious, and by the special grace of God with the help of my counselor, I'll be Adeherself the real King of Queens once again.

To all my lovers out there, I'm sorry I have not been able to say much about what has been going on concerning the whole situation on ground.
please understand that this still an on going case, and I'm following the instructions of my lawyers…

I love you all with all my heart and I assure you that's Adeherself will be Adeherself once again."


Angela Okorie’s fiance’s identity unveiled with new photos

Posted: 30 Jul 2020 12:00 AM PDT

The identity of Angela Okorie's boyfriend has been uncovered days after her engagement announcement went viral on social media.

Angela Okorie's colleague, Chita Agwu Johnson had shared photos from the proposal online, wrote;

Awwwww love is a beautiful thing
Me I can't keep quiet
Congratulations sis @realangelaokorie I got ur back
Am so happy for you

Angela Okorie's fiance's face was however stylishly hidden in the photos shared online. He has now been identified as Desmond a.k.a Chuchu, a car dealer and a beauty saloon owner.

See his photos below;




Ruggedman – How i saved a stranded female traveller who was almost raped by hoodlums

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Ruggedman narrates his ordeal with hoodlums that attempted to rape a stranded female traveller.

Veteran rapper, Ruggedman has narrated how he saved a stranded female traveller who was almost raped by hoodlums dragging her into a dark area.

He revealed that the lady who was beaten by the men arrived Nigeria from Ghana two days ago, after a misunderstanding with her sister.

According to her, she lost her things, and had to sleep on the road on Saturday night before the hoodlums who saw her attempted to rape her.

Ruggedman tweeted;

Last night was another experience. Sat up to female screaming. Looked out the window & saw a girl being assaulted on the other side of the express by 3 guys. They were trying to drag her into a dark area. My guard & the street security chased them off.

Her movement was laboured & really slow. We were able to convince her to cross over to our side. She groaned with every step. The boys really beat her. Talking to her, I got to know she came into Nigeria from Ghana two days ago after a misunderstanding with her sister.

She said she lost her things, money and had to sleep on the road Saturday night. The area boys saw her the night before & tried to rape her Sunday night, being her 2nd night on the road. Her granny lives in Rivers state. I took her into my street, gave her something to eat.

Put her in a safer place to sleep & called Ogudu @PoliceNG station Dpo Celestina Nwankwo. After briefing her, we agreed that I'll take her to the station today, Monday morning. Took her to the station this morning & officer Tina after asking some questions.

She said she can make her way to Rivers state. She was sent to the clinic for treatment. We agreed on helping her get to Rivers & by the time I left the station, she had eaten and was taking a bath. Thank u officer Celestina Nwankwo. I just realised I didnt ask the girl her name

Thank you officer Celestina Nwankwo. You are just a rare gem. I just realised I didnt even ask the girl her name.

Wizkid just shut them again with ‘Cool Me Down’ by DJ Tunez featuring him

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Wizkid, recently got fans on social media buzzing after he seemed to end his long break from the music scene.

Wizkid recently featured on a track by DJ Tunez titled Cool Me Down. A number of Wizkid's fans took to their Twitter pages to react to the new track.

Read some reactions below:

Damilola Alameen wrote: "Wizkid has been a melody killer for the past 10yrs and still counting. A very brilliant musician . No artiste like him. He is a true legend the Lion of Afrobeats. International bad man killer."

iTola wrote: "Them don go wake Lion. He still had time to add the trumpet to this #CoolMeDown."

Cap boy tweeted: "Omo that nigga voice on the second verse is crazy! See sweet voice❤Drooling faceFace with tears of joy, we not forcing our voice out like some kneel on our throat."

Most Wanted wrote: "Damm @wizkidayo has gone too far wit this music stuff. #CoolMeDown snaps harder dan I thought. Verse one ; D intro level. Verse two ; he nailed it. Verse three. He buckled up everything den quickly snapped again. Fire. Damm Wizkid has reached d level to start collecting tithe."

Ini Edo puts her Backside on display in new Photos

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Actress & Political Aide, Ini Edo Puts Her Backside On Display (Photos)

Nollywood actress, Ini Edo has left her fans asking for more after sharing gorgeous photos on her Instagram page.

Recall that the actress recently resumed work as the Special Assistant on Tourism Development to the Akwa Ibom State Governor, Mr Udom Emmanuel.

The actress took to her social media page to share photos.

The movie star, has also commenced an empowerment programmed for young women with digital skills in Africa.

See photos:



'Game of Thrones' Star, Sophia Turner and Husband, Joe Jonas welcome a baby girl

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 10:00 PM PDT

American singer Joe Jonas ad his wife, Sophia Turner, have welcomed their first child together.

The 'Game of Thrones' star and her hubby got married in 2019.

According to TMZ, Turner gave birth in Los Angeles, California.

Rumours of the 'Game of Thrones' star's pregnancy first started filtering the air back in February.

Congratulations to the Jonas on the arrival of their baby.

The couple tied the knot back in May 2019.

The wedding which was officiated by an Elvis Presley impersonator saw the couple exchange ring pops instead of wedding bands.


Joe's brothers, Nick and Kelvin were the groomsmen for the day and a few celebrities including Khalid and Diplo were among the few guests who attended the private wedding.

Actor, Bob-Manuel’s wife cries out as she debunks death rumours

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actor, Bob-Manuel Udokwu's wife, Casandra Joseph Udokwu, has cried out over the series of post claiming she and her kids are dead.

The rumours started as far back as 2013, when a story was published that Casandra was dead.The story claimed that a certain houseboy whom the couple brought from the village strangled the wife to death. Fast forward to few days ago, there was the same repeated story claiming she's dead.

Casandra who is now fed up of the rumours, have taken to Facebook to debunk the rumours and cry out on how fake news has been affecting her family.

Read as she posted below…

"A lot of people undermine death. They forget that it is a grave occurrence and not something to be spoken lightly of or joked about. I know death. I've lived it. Death drains. It hurts. It changes you. It devastates you. It is bad. And it's a very bad thing when you begin to wish a living person death💔😭. What is it? Who's behind this? I can't continue running. I need to face my fear and that's death. In the year 1998 both my parents and two of my younger siblings were poisoned and they passed away shortly after. I remember the cries of agony from my younger brother because 'he didn't want to die'. I remember him begging us to pray for him to live. I remember the struggles of my parents and my younger sister ripping her hair off from her scalp because she was in so much pain. Everything about my life changed. I witnessed the 4 open graves in my father's compound. Yes, you read that correctly; they were poisoned. It was not an accident, illness or that they went to bed and didn't wake up. The wicked and sick people who acted on their hate are responsible.
These articles that say "I died" or "My kids died" are ruining the life of my family💔. How does someone make up such an evil story? My kids killed in a freezer while playing hide and seek? Me strangled or shot by a houseboy? Why would you come up with such an appalling, myopic and untrue article?! As kids, my children were so traumatized that going out was a problem because they feared that people will see them as ghosts and run💔💔💔. It took the grace of God to counsel them and dispel that fear.
What is it? Do I really have to die for these article writers to be 'satisfied'?? I got married just like every other girl and was happy in my marriage until I began to pay huge and unpleasant prices and witness haunting occurrences just because I married a popular figure. My freedom was taken from me. My children have no life, they don't have friends and cannot freely do what other kids in their respective age brackets do without fear of unnecessary consequences. They live in a constant fear of the unknown. I have been attacked in unprovoked circumstances because of who I married. I have been slapped, hit, followed, tracked and spat at all because I am "Bob-Manuel's wife. I fear for my life! And the life of my children!! In all this I ask, What is my offense? MARRIAGE???
I have had several kidnapping attempts. My son has had 3 close calls with kidnappers. My daughter who also had 3 close calls, laments everyday that she wants to live a normal life but she knows that that's almost impossible….and that breaks me. It breaks my heart. It breaks my spirit that we are like show birds, pretty in a cage but with no freedom😭💔. Solely for entertainment. Please let us fly😭🙏🏽. Please let us live😭😭
I remember in 2013 just like right now, an article was published saying I had died. This exact picture and write up was trending on social media and was on google. It was a regular beautiful day for me till I started receiving so many alarming calls from my family, friends and acquaintances. My children and I were greatly and negatively impacted by that article. And again today the same thing!! July 27 2020! I cried bitterly because I am tired! Tired of being fake news, tired of being 'dead' when I am alive, tired of hiding and living in fear!!
What I truly do not understand is why someone keeps writing and circulating these articles. Do you not know that your writings are hurtful? That they are traumatizing? That they make people scared? Do you have no conscience?? PLEASE STOP! STOP HURTING US!!
I AM ALIVE. I AM NOT DEAD!
PLEASE POST, RETWEET AND RE-SHARE THAT I AM ALIVE!!! 📢
AND I WILL NOT DIE. I WILL LIVE TO A 100 YEARS BEFORE I EVEN 'THINK' ABOUT DYING💯💯"



BBNaija2020: Lucy, Kaisha fight over used menstrual pads

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 08:00 AM PDT

A fight broke out in the Big Brother Naija, BBNaija 'Lockdown' house on Sunday night with Lucy and Kaisha.

It all started after Lucy complained about a used tampon/menstrual pads found in the bathroom and blood stains on the bed at the garden.

This angered Kaisha as she confronted Lucy to stop shouting about the issue and let it be resolved among the housemates.

This did not go down well with Lucy as she became angrier and a shouting match between both housemates followed.

Eventually, they were separated by other housemates.


This is not the first time both housemates will clash since the beginning of the show.

Kaisha had called Lucy 'Old cargo' days ago after she shouted at her to shut the bedroom doors and accused her of seeking attention.

I’m not asking for forgiveness in return – Tonto Dikeh reiterates why she forgave her Olakunle Churchill

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh who revealed that she has forgiven her estranged husband, has said that she isn't asking for forgiveness in return.

In a post she shared on her Instagram page this morning, the mum of one wrote;

'YES, I SAID WHAT I SAID.. I forgive every single person who tried to hurt me(Knowingly and Unknowingly). I deserve all the good things of life so yes I do accept the gift of forgiveness. Yes you may not DESERVE/Or asked for my forgiveness but I'm giving it anyways not for your sake but FOR MY GROWTH.

Because I love myself so much, I am giving myself a chance to also be forgiven by my Heavenly Father!! Ooo No I AINT asking for forgiveness in return, NEVER EVER WILL.I am doing the right thing just for ME PERIOD!! ALTHOUGH MY FORGIVENESS DONT MEAN I AM STUPID, NOT ALL FORGIVENESS NEEDS RECONNECTIONS'

Watch the video of interview with Dele Momodu below;

Meet Sandra, Regina Daniels Staff that was angrily pushed into the swimming pool

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Few days ago, a video of popular actress, Regina Daniels surfaced online which stirred controversies and outrage on social media.

In the video, the new mother of one, Regina Daniels pushed her worker, Sandra into to a swimming pool for trying to prolong an argument with her.


After the video went viral, some fans blamed the actress for over reacting, but the actress said it was caused by pregnancy hormones.

Well, details of her staff just surfaced and she is reported to be Regina Daniels' production coordinator. She is usually close to Regina Daniels during photo/video shoots.

Checkout more photos/ video below;

Blossom Chukwujekwu’s ex wife, Maureen goes crazy over BBNaija housemate, Prince

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Maureen Esisi, estranged wife of popular actor, Blossom Chukwujekwu recently shared a video of herself caressing and kissing BBNaija housemate, Prince from her television screen.

Sharing the video, she wrote;

"Baby they say I can sack all my hair stylists for you😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍😍 my Prince Husband Man to Be…. kaiiiiiii let me gan price crown ooooo kaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii😫😫😫😫😫 if you are a RED BABY, this is your Official Father ooo…


your real actual daddy💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻…. you are not even allowed to like anyone in that house except him oooo!! Or better let me know that you don't like him so I can block you and we can both disown you wen we win the 85m!!!! Nonsense!!!! We need to start planning our wedding".

BBNaija2020: Biggie introduces a new twist to Big Brother Naija show

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 05:00 AM PDT

The second Live Show of Big Brother Naija season 5 brought with it twists that will no doubt impact the dynamics of the show.

Ebuka just announced a new twist to the Big Brother Naija show. And it's one that has a major ability of defining this season's outcome.

According to Ebuka, Biggie decided to put everyone up for eviction with the exception of the Head of House and the deputy HoH.

In this new twist, only the Head of house and the deputy are exempt for nomination. We don't know how long this will go on, so we can only watch and wait.

  • Some of the new things Biggie has introduced include putting all the #BBNaija Lockdown Housemates for Eviction except for the Head of House and Deputy Head of House as well as increased Voting power for those who are premium subscribers.

Burna Boy Shows Off His New Pet Monkey, Seven7

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Award winning singer, Damini Ogulu a.k.a Burna Boy has acquired a new pet monkey which he has named Seven7.

The "odogwu" crooner shared a video of the pet on social media where he announced to his fans that he just got a new pet named Seven7.

BurnaBoy rose to prominence in 2012 after releasing "Like to Party", the lead single from his debut studio album L.I.F.E.


In 2017, he signed with Bad Habit/ Atlantic Records in the United States and Warner Music Group internationally. His third studio album Outside marked his major-label debut.

Watch the video of Burna flaunting his new pet below;

Tonto Dikeh – I would have been in jail in Dubai

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has made clarification on her scuffle with some security authorities in Dubai sometime last year.

There were reports sometime in November 2019 that the actress was arrested and deported from Dubai after her scuffle with security authorities.

However, the mother of one on Instagram on Sunday revealed that she had a faceoff with Dubai authorities not because of drugs but because a guard called her a 'prostitute' in Arabic language.

She said that if she was caught with drugs according to some media reports, she should be in jail by now.

"Far from it. That incident in Dubai was not drugs because if it was I would be in jail. It had nothing to do with drugs or alcohol even.


"On that day, I was insulted by one of the guards. He said something very derogatory to me in Arabic, I think Lebanon. It's called Sharamuta which means prostitute, it means a call girl and I was not so dressed.

"But it was a show, so I had like a very amazing bra inside and this blazer on top. To them, it is Haram when you are not dressed properly. So that is where all of the altercation started. That was the only problem, any other information is just false," Tonto said.

According to her, she did not give details about the incident earlier because she has a home in the country and would not want to jeopardise her stay there.

"I really don't want to go into so much detail about Dubai because I have a home there now and I want to be able to enter freely after all of this and that is why I never really talked about it," the actress added.

BBNaija2020: Kiddwaya to Wathoni “We should have a child together”

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Big brother Naija housemate, Kiddwaya has expressed his sexual desires with fellow housemate, Wathoni.

Wathoni and Kiddwaya had the first kiss in the house after their Saturday night party during a truth or dare game, and now they are talking of having a child together.

Last night in the garden while having a conversation, Kiddwaya told Wathoni that they should have a baby girl and name her Leila.

"We should have a baby girl together and name her Leila. We were standing in front of the mirror and I said "don't we look cute together?". he said.

Wathoni replied; "You hugged me today and said "can we just be like this?" and I replied "it's better on the bed""

Watch the videos below….


Toke Makinwa’s Banana Island house allegedly taken over by AMCON, as she uses publisher

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 09:12 AM PDT

Media personality, Toke Makinwa has allegedly lost her Banana Island house to Asset Management Corporation of Nigeria (AMCON).

According to a gist from Gistmerchant blog on Instagram, Toke's house was given to her by her "sugar daddy", Lagos-based oil and gas businessman, Dr. Festus Fadeyi, whose total indebtedness to AMCON is over N240 billion.

Earlier this month, AMCON took possession of Fadeyi's Pan Ocean Oil Corporation Nigeria Limited, its affiliate companies and other properties, over an unpaid N240 billion loan debt.

Recall that about a month ago, Toke revealed that she bought her dream house (the Banana Island house), at the age of 35.

It could be recalled that in 2017, billionaire Fadeyi's children warned Toke to leave their father alone. They were angry with the way he splurges on her. They also believed he was squandering too much money on her even though he is heavily indebted to Skye Bank.

Read the post from Gistmerchant below…


However in response to the publication, the media personality has sued the originator of the story, "The Telegraph" via her Attorney.



“I’m so lucky to have you” – Nina says as she shares adorable new photo with her son

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Former Big Brother Naija housemate and entrepreneur, Nina Chinonso Onyenobi also known as Nina, has shared first look at her son, Denzel Kelly.

The new mum who welcomed her first child with her husband, Tony, in the U.S. two weeks ago, took to Twitter to share an adorable photo of her cuddling the new born.

She wrote; "My sonshine …I'm so lucky to have you".

It could be recalled that 24-year-old Nina who was a contestant in the 2018 'Double Wahala' season of BBNaija, announced her pregnancy with a video debuting her baby bump four months ago.

Nina and her husband got married earlier in the year in a very private wedding ceremony, and she has since relocated to the U.S to be with him.

“See those laps, going to kill this man tonight” – Bobrisky says as he steps out for a date

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Controversial crossdresser, Idris Okuneye popularly known as Bobrisky has announced that he is stepping out on a date with his bae.

He shared a short video of himself rocking a short black gown and flinging his long hair in style.

Sharing the video, he said he is going to kill his lover tonight, and promised to share more photos and videos from the date for his fans to see. He however, refused to reveal who is taking him on a date.

"Ready for my date. See those laps 🔥🔥🔥🔥. Showing more videos and pictures tomorrow. Going to kill dis man tonight 😂Goodnight 😘
Hairstylist", he wrote.

Watch the video below;

Actress Tonto Dikeh – “I have forgiven my ex-husband for the sake of my son”

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Controversial actress, Tonto Dikeh has finally forgiven her ex-husband, Olakunle Churchill, for the sake of their child, King Andre.

She disclosed this during an interview with journalist, Dele Momodu on the importance of forgiveness, adding that she has come to realize that forgiveness is not about the next person but about oneself.

When asked about her attitude to forgiveness and vindictiveness, she said;

"A man I love and respect always, talked to me about forgiveness and I have come to realize that forgiveness is not about the next person.
I know that forgivessness is not about the next person but the explanation I got recently really wowed me.


It says I have forgiven you not because you have to be forgiven, I have forgiven you because I do not want to put myself in a place of stagnation when it comes to growth, I do not want to put myself in a place of stagnation when it comes to love, i do not want to put myself in a place of warship, progressing, my career.

Forgiveness is a whole lot and I only just realized that the bible says that if we do not forgive, God cannot forgive us. All these things are in the bible but it never really made an impact to me until someone really explained it.

So today I would tell you that for me it comes really easy. I forgive alot but I just don't like to get provoked by the things that you do after it. I think forgiveness is an essential for ones growth".

Asked if there is anyone she would never forgive in her life, she said;

"As at this moment, there is nobody I have not forgiven as of today 26 July 2020.
As of today, there is nobody I hold a grudge on but there are people who I have forgiven but I would never have a relationship with again".

Asked if she has forgiven her son's father, she responded;

"Oh yes, especially him. I forgive him and wish him the best, for my son's sake. I do. Why not?"

BBNaija2020: Nengi reveals why she can’t date her fellow housemate, Ozo

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 01:00 AM PDT

A few days into the fifth season of Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) show and some of the housemates have found themselves taking up an interest in opposite genders.

One such pair is former beauty queen Nengi and Ozo. Housemates have been rooting for the two who clearly have some level of likeness for one another.

Interestingly, fans of the show have also kept their hopes high as it regards a possible relationship between the two.

However, while Ozo seems to be resolute on how he feels about Nengi, it appears the young lady is not ready to take things more seriously than it already is.

Just recently, Nengi during a private conversation with the deputy head of the house, Wathoni, disclosed that even though she likes Ozo, her heart is entirely somewhere else.

Nengi made it clear that she has a relationship outside the BBNaija house and she is not willing to ruin things with her current lover.

Ubi Franklin’s new photos with TBoss becomes topic for gossip

Posted: 29 Jul 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Ubi Franklin recently shared some new photos via his Instagram page. In the photos, he seen posing with 2017 BBNaija star and brand influencer, Tokunbo Idowu.

Franklin who tagged her to the photo is seen staring at Tboss who is wearing a big smile, and in the other photo, Tboss is the one doing the staring.

The photos sparked reactions online with his social media fans suggesting a possible 'entanglement' between the two celebrities.

See post below:


View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Mr Ubi Ekapong Ofem (@ubifranklintriplemg) on

Previous
Next Post »