Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


[Photos]: Iyabo Ojo Celebrates Her Mom With Sweet Words On Her Birthday

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian actress, Iyabo Ojo has taken to social media to eulogize her mom with sweet words as she celebrates her on her birthday.

She also shared some lovely photos of her mom whose birthday is today, 10th of August.

Celebrating her mom, the thespian and mother of two revealed that her mom is beautiful and amazing.

According to Iyabo, her mum is her prayer warrior and her number 1 fan.



The actress prayed for her to continue to live long in good health, happiness and grace.

In her words… "Happy birthday to my beautiful & amazing mother, my prayer warrior, my number 1 fan, may she continue to live long in gud health, happiness & grace, I Love you too much mama"

Diamond Platnumz shows off his multiple awards in his trophy shelf

Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Popular Tanzanian singer, Nasibu Abdul professionally recognized as Diamond Platnumz has taken to social media to flaunt multiple awards in his trophy shelf.

He put his numerous well deserving awards on display in a recent photo he shared via his official Instagram page.

The talented Tanzanian singer has maintained relevance in the Afromusic industry since his rise to stardom several years ago.

30-year-old Platnumz gained the attention of the Nigerian music industry after a successful collaboration with Davido on his song "Number One", a jam that was considered an intercontinental hit track.

Since his walk into the African music hall of fame, the father of four has won several national, continental and international awards to his credit.

See photo below…


Nasibu Abdul Juma Issack, popularly known by his stage name Diamond Platnumz, is a Tanzanian bongo flava recording artist, actor, dancer, philanthropist and a businessman from Tandale, Dar es Salaam.

Toolz Oniru and Falz tackle Diezani over her Yahoo boys comment says she's not different from a Frauster'

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Media personality, Toolz Oniru-Demuren and rapper Falz have tackled Diezani Alison-Madueke, over her 'Yahoo boys' comment.

The former Minister while delivering a lecturer last Friday, August 7, said Nigerian youths are beginning to emulate Yahoo Yahoo boys, and that they are becoming role models in Nigeria.

A number of people called out the former Minister who is currently being tried for fraud allegedly perpetrated while she was in office, and Toolz and Falz have also weighed in.

Taking to her Twitter handle, Toolz wrote;

"See normally I would laugh but this is so ridiculous. This lady must have lost her damn mind to come online and spew this nonsense. How are you different from a fraudster ma? She actually has no shame, which is sadly common for a lot of our (present and past) politicians.

No shame at all! Crazy woman.

When you guys are ready…we will find space and start a new country."

Falz shared a photo of the former Minster and wrote: "You are on the run but your mouth still dey run. Who be Yahoo Yahoo girl if no be you?"



Nollywood actor, Yul Edochie declares support for Laycon, says his level of intelligence amazes him

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Popular Nigerian actor, Yul Edochie has taken to social media to declare support for BBNaija lockdown housemate, Laycon.

The handsome thespian made his support for Laycon known in an Instagram post he shared today, August 10, on his page.

According to him, his decision was formed on the basis of Laycon's level of intelligence, maturity, composure, eloquence and control.

He said he has not been watching BBNaija but after watching some videos of the young man, decided to root for him because of the aforementioned characteristics.

He wrote… "I haven't really been watching this year's Big Brother Naija show but yesterday I came across some videos of this young man in the house, @itslaycon and I was amazed by his composure, his maturity level, control, intelligence, and eloquence.

So right now he's my favorite housemate.
@itslaycon ".


Diezani laments says ‘Yahoo’ boys have become role models’

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

A former Minister of Petroleum Resources, Diezani Alison-Madueke, says societal values have disintegrated to the extent that online fraudsters otherwise known as 'Yahoo boys' have become role models in Nigerian society.

Diezani said this while delivering a lecture at a virtual event which was also attended by her former boss, ex-President Goodluck Jonathan, on Friday.

Speaking at the event organised by the Ijaw National Development Group on Friday, Diezani stressed the need for mentorship of Ijaw youths.

The videos were posted on Twitter by blogger, Jackson Ude, who is also the publisher of Point Blank News.

The former minister said, "The ones that have swag, the Yahoo Yahoo boys as my son would say; these in short, are the role models they are looking at. These are the ones that reinforce negative societal norms and values.

"This is a travesty of an unfolding tragedy for us. Why have I spent time talking about fatherless homes and the impact it has on our children? The truth of the matter is that an irresponsible boy tends to become an irresponsible man and it is therefore a vicious cycle. If you plant yam, you cannot harvest plantain."

Diezani said there are no shortcuts to progressing in life, adding that only hard work could guarantee success.

Singer, Falz The Bahd Guy unveils film production company with 'Therapy' comedy web series

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

The comedy web series stars Toke Makinwa, Josh2funny, Bovi among others.

Star singer, Falz The Bahd Guy has added a brand new feather to his well decorated cap with the unveiling of his film production company, House21TV.

To kick off operations, Falz took to Instagram to unveil an all new comedy series, 'Therapy', to air exclusively on YouTube.


Episode one which premiered August 7, 2020 stars Toke Makinwa, Josh2funny, Bovi and Falz. It follows the story of a dysfunctional couple who attempt to resolve their marital disputes.

Watch Episode 1:


Sisiyemmie – Marriage isn’t a reward for good behavior

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

Content creator, YouTuber and vlogger Yemisi Odusanya, professionally known as SisiYemmie drops her opinion on marriage and singleness.

The mum of two took to Twitter to state that marriage is not a reward for good behavior and also being single is not punishment.

Sisi who is based in Lagos with her family, drops recipes weekly on her channel, where she's gathered more than 300,000 followers.

BBNaija House turn war zone for Housemates after Sunday Night Eviction, Nigerians React

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 07:00 AM PDT

A lot is happening altogether tonight on the season 5 of the Big Brother Naija reality TV show and from the look of things, the show's audience find drama and clashes more interesting than the existing peace in the Big Brother house.

Just after, Eric and Tochi heere sent away from theBig Brother Naija reality TV show, making them the second batch of housemates to be evicted from the season 5 of the show's series, the show's host, Ebuka commenced with short interview questions for the remaining housemates on the show and his question has shattered tables.

Now the housemates have switched from peaceful to aggressive and the show's audience are enjoying the new turn as they take to Twitter to heap praises on Ebuka.

See some reactions below;




Tiwa Savage – “I’m Hard to Earn” Singer tells a Broke Nigerian Man who ‘Wants’ Her

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Tiwa Savage has crashed the hopes of a Nigerian man on social media who revealed her type of woman is Tiwa Savage.

The man in his tweet did not deny the fact that he is not financially stable enough to own a woman like her hence he persuaded himself in the same tweet stating that he will work then come for the songstress.

He wrote; My type is like tiwa savage , but How on earth when I am broke. First we work than we shoot hard.😁

My type like things and am aware of it, I can't fight that😅

Tiwa however replied her and she clears his doubts stating that she is not hard to get but hard to earn.

See their conversation below;


Fireboy DML Sets to Release August Album Titled “Apollo”

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Fireboy DML has officially announced the name of his highly anticipated sophomore album – "Apollo," which is set for release on August 20, 2020.

The announcement came through his Instagram page when he wrote, "Apollo. 20th of August."

The album is a follow-up to his debut, "Laughter, Tears and Goosebumps".

We definitely can't wait for "Apollo."


Toyin Lawani throws shade at BBNaija housemate who once called her an ‘amoeba’ while dating her baby daddy

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Toyin Lawani has dropped a shade for an unmentioned Big Brother Naija housemate as she recounted some past experiences with the female housemate she insinuated dated her baby daddy, Lord Trigg.

Narrating how she was called an old hag and an amoeba in a shade post shared on her baby daddy's Instagram account in 2018, the celebrity stylist said she later found out it was her baby daddy's girlfriend that used his phone in making the post.

Pointing out how same words were used in a fight Lucy was involved in shortly after the BBNaija eviction show on Sunday night, the mother of two alleged that the reality show star she is shading also went under the knife to look like her.


Toyin Lawani also disclosed that she went fibriod surgery and breast lump removal in Turkey at that time and not for plastic surgery. She added that if the BBNaija housemate never "looked for her trouble in the past, she wouldn't look for her trouble in the future".

She wrote;

See a lot of people judge me for my actions atimes ,but don't know the real reason behind them&call it hating ,A while back I had issues with my ex over our kid ,his new female counterpart took his phone &wrote all this about me which I later found out he didn't do&those were not his words ,I didn't respond to this then ,we settled behind closed doors cse that's where relationships shld be settled cse my kid was involved ,I had my own love interest too at that time so that wasn't my issue atall, the blogs took it up&started trolling me&yet I didn't respond, cse of my son.

see if u knw me u will knw my kids mean alot to me&I'm a very peaceful selfless dwn to earth person but I don't tolerate bullshit& I say my mind,most people dnt like people who speak their truth, I will do anything to keep my kids safe&connected to their family regardless of our differences, is it not ironic that the same words written on the internet were words used on national tv for everyone to see yesterday on @lucyedetofficial Be with whoever u want to be but don't go forming super hero making videos with my kid whn u are not d mother ,people need to respect other people's boundaries&Family

if I hear anyone say shit on my Page again about trolling anyone or dt I'm hating on any1 cse I chose who I chose ,I will make matters worse 4u guys ,all week y'all Been writing Shit abt me on blogs&on my Page calling me names yet ignored ,d proof is there for u to see on national tv ,Atleast I didn't go on tv to put words in the mouth of the culprit , yet same person went under d knife to look like me
Is life not so funny

wow ,yet it was Fibriod surgery&breast lump removal I went for ,See the internet never forgets ,be careful of ur actions for future reasons like this ,Well I have forgiven all parties involved a long time ago, I know more but won't play all my cards at once.

I'm here waiting for all d names u hv called me& abt to call me, later they will say u want to trend,are u blind I hv bn trending before social media ,if she didn't look for my trouble low key in the past I wouldn't look for hers in the future ,do me I do you God no go vex, note that I can be petty too.

This is coming days after Toyin Lawani slammed those alleging that Dorathy is a "runs girl". According to the celebrity stylist, the real runs girl is in the Big Brother house acting all cute and innocent.

“Next time, sign up for Ultimate Love instead of Big Brother” – Nigerians Mock Eric for Zero Content on Big Brother Naija Show

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Ex-housemate, Eric, who was evicted on sunday night has taken to his social media page on Instagram to appreciate the show's audience for their support and votes.

He shared a picture of himself with a long note detailing how grateful he was. He also pleaded for more support in the next phase of his career now that he is out of the show.

He wrote;

To All #Ericmaniacs This Is Not The End, This Is The Beginning of The Next Level!‬

‪Next level which requires a lot of support from each & everyone of us so we can make our impact on the world together!‬

‪Thank You All For The Love, Loyalty & Support!

Watch out for the upcoming project from your boy #KingEric I'm counting on your continual support!!!!

‪I love you!‬"

But some trolls were not ready to receive any of his gratitude as they mocked him for several things including how he eats like a glutton in the house and how he had no content except cuddling all day in bed with a lady.

See some comments below;




BBNaija2020: Kiddwaya Denies Having Feelings For Erica

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Kiddwaya has revealed that he's just having fun with Erica and feelings aren't involved.

Big Brother Naija season 5 housemate Kiddwaya has said he's not sure he has feelings for fellow housemate, Erica.

Recall that the two have been all romantic and even engaging in sexual act in the house.
When he was put on the spot on Sunday during the live eviction show, Kiddwaya opened up that he's not sure he has feelings for Erica.

According to him, he only loves her smile and her vibes. He also noted that she is a lively person with a lovable personality, but he was not sure if he was ready to take the friendship to the next level.

"I'm not sure I have feelings for her. If I have feelings, I'll tell her I have feelings for her. I don't know if I have feelings but I definitely enjoying my time with her. She is a great person," he said.

However, Kiddwaya concluded his speech by saying Erica will be the first to know if he finally falls in love with her.

Kiddwaya and Erica have been in a complicated relationship. The latter had ended the relationship last week but was soon seen locking lips with Kiddwaya.

Watch video below:

BBNaija2020: Toyin Lawani insinuates that Nengi is her baby daddy’s ex-girlfriend added that Nengi once attacked her

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Following last night's fight between big brother Naija housemate, Nengi and Lucy, celebrity stylist, Toyin Lawani has insinuated that Nengi once attacked her using same words she used on Lucy.

According to Toyin's post on Instagram, Nengi was dating her baby daddy, singer Lord Trigg and was always calling her names like "Amoeba" for blogs to carry.

Toyin revealed that she thought Lord Trigg was the one always calling her those names, but she found out it was the lady he was dating at that time, Nengi.

Toyin went on to shade Nengi, that she insulted her and yet did cosmetics surgery to look like her.

Read Toyin's post below…

"See a lot of people judge me for my actions atimes ,but don't know the real reason behind them&call it hating ,A while back I had issues with my ex over our kid ,his new female counterpart took his phone &wrote all this about me which I later found out he didn't do&those were not his words & he apologized,I didn't respond to this then ,we settled behind closed doors cse that's where relationships shld be settled cse my kid was involved ,I had my own love interest too at that time so that wasn't my issue atall, the blogs took it up&started trolling me&yet I didn't respond, cse of my son, see if u knw me u will knw my kids mean alot to me&I'm a very peaceful selfless dwn to earth person but I don't tolerate bullshit& I say my mind,most people dnt like people who speak their truth, I will do anything to keep my kids safe&connected to their family regardless of our differences, is it not ironic dt the same words written on the internet were words used on national tv for everyone to see yesterday on @lucyedetofficial Be with whoever u want to be but don't go forming super hero making videos with my kid whn u are not d mother ,people need to respect other people's boundaries&Family, if I hear anyone say shit on my Page again about trolling anyone or dt I'm hating on any1 cse I chose who I chose ,I will make matters worse 4u guys ,all week y'all Been writing Shit abt me on blogs&on my Page calling me names yet ignored ,d proof is there for u to see on national tv ,Atleast I didn't go on tv to put words in the mouth of the culprit ,yet same person went under d knife to look like me 🤣
Is life not so funny😆wow ,yet it was Fibriod surgery&breast lump removal I went for ,See the internet never forgets ,be careful of ur actions for future reasons like this ,Well I hv forgiven all parties involved a long time ago, I know more but won't play all my cards at once,I'm here waiting 4 all d names u hv called me& abt to call me, later they will say u want to trend,are u blind I hv bn trending before social media ,if she didn't look for my trouble low key in the past I wouldn't look for hers in the future ,do me I do you God no go vex,👑 note that I can be petty too.
#kingofallkings"


BBNaija2020: Kemi Olunloyo – “Erica Will Be A Slut Outside The House”

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Controversial journalist, Kemi Olunloyo has slammed big brother Naija housemate, Erica.

Kemi took to her Twitter account to say that Laycon will win the show and that Erica will be a slut outside the house.

According to her, Erica's smile is dangerous and she will break apart if a man ever dumps her. Read as she tweeted below…

"#Laycon will win this show. Erica will be a slut outside the house. Her dangerous 24hr smile She will break apart if a man ever dumps her. She needs to GO! Next week. #BBLaycon is a winner. Says the distance a good thing"

BBNaija2020: Kiddwaya Swears to Beat up anyone who Embarrasses him on National TV

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija housemate and billionaire son, Kiddwaya, has threatened to beat up anyone who dares to embarrass him on national television.

Kiddwaya mentioned this during a conversation with Tolanibaj on Sunday night.

This is coming barely an hour after Lucy and Nengi engaged in an argument where they both hurled dirty insults at each other.

According to Kiddwaya, he would beat up anyone who tries to embarrass him and would exit the show.

"I will beat you up if you try to embarrass me on national television. I would leave here and go back to my normal life, no problems.


"We crack jokes here but if you go out of your way to embarrass me I will beat you. I'm a calm person either way," Kiddwaya tells Tolanibaj.

BBNaija2020: Tochi – Why I Didn’t Pursue My Feelings For Nengi

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Tochi has opened up on the reason he didn't pursue his feelings for Nengi while in the house.

Tochi opened up to Ebuka after his eviction that he caught feelings for BBNaija housemate, Nengi, and he really got along with her in the house.

He said he was really attracted to her, but he couldn't pursue it because he felt so many guys in the house were already after her.

Tochi further said he didn't want to be in a competition with anyone over a girl, so he decided to step back and let go of his feelings.


BBNaija2020: Nengi and Lucy Fight Dirty after Sunday Eviction

Posted: 11 Aug 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija lockdown season 5 has witnessed another fight in the house, but this time, it's between Nengi and Lucy.

Barely an hour after the live eviction show, the housemates got into a serious argument which led to the duo hurling dirty insults at each other.

Nengi angrily tagged Lucy an "old useless woman, Amoeba" and all sorts of names.

Lucy quickly fired back at Nengi saying Nengi isn't beautiful that she is just light skinned. She also added that Nengi does not have sense.

However, that cause of the fight is still debatable as different fans have different stories to tell.

See clips below:

Previous
Next Post »