Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Oritsefemi – Married Celebrities Should Behave Differently From Single Ones

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Singer and performer, Oritsefemi Ekele, popularly known as Oritsefemi, says the lifestyle of a married celebrity should be different from that of a celebrity who is single.

He said couples who kept secrets from each other were bound to face troubles, adding that one of the things that had worked for his marriage was transparency.

Speaking with Saturday Beats, the Double Wahala crooner also said he disagreed with those who believe that celebrity marriages don't last.

He said, "People say celebrity marriages don't last but a Yoruba adage says, 'If you can recognise a person in the afternoon, you won't light a lamp to glance at them again at night.' This simply means that when a couple knows each other very well, there is nothing that will be strange between them. It also means that an outsider's opinion will not be welcome.

"Communication is important between couples. There should be nothing that a man can't discuss with his wife and vice versa. If a couple keeps many secrets, there will be trouble. They need to be natural and free with each other. For instance, I'm open to my wife and she knows me well.

"When you are still single, there are some things that you can get away with, but that cannot continue after marriage. There should be a huge difference between when a celebrity is married and when single. The lifestyle of a married celebrity should be different from the days he was unmarried.''

Oritsefemi also spoke on his tattoos, saying the practice was an African culture and the signature of his music genre.

He said, "As an artiste, my tattoos are a signature of my music genre. Tattooing is African culture. In the olden days, we used to see tattoos on our parents' bodies. The tattoos have now been modernised.

"For me, I have tattoos because I'm an artiste. Some people say their tattoos mean different things but mine does not mean anything. It's just to identify me as a hip-hop singer."

The artiste stated that he had no intention of retiring from music, adding that he planned mentoring new artistes to achieve their potential.

He said, "I didn't even know I was going to stay this long in the music industry. I only wanted to be the best and do what I know how to do best. I've been in the industry for 25 years. Music is in me. I bathe and sleep in it every day and I still realise that I have more to offer.

"I hope to continue to do my thing even when I get old. We have lots of legends who are still doing well. I've also decided to work on the younger ones by putting them on my imprint and also help those who don't have a platform for exposure.'

Actress, Ebun Hodo – Men Cheat More Than Women In Relationships

Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Budding actress and fashion entrepreneur, Ebun Hodo, believes that men cheat more than women in relationships. According to her, it is in the nature of men to cheat.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, Hodo said, "Men cheat more than women. Men cheat more because, in our society, we believe it's in their nature to cheat. So, even when they cheat, no one is surprised; it is not alarming."

Asked if she liked the attention she usually got from men because of her busty nature, she said, "It makes me feel bad because I know who I am and what I have. At the same time, we live in an era where boobs and bums are the latest trend, so I cherish my boobs."


Hodo added that she was not after material possessions and money in a relationship, saying, "I am not after money. I just want to be comfortable. I am not really after a rich guy. I can work and together, we can make a great family and make good money."

Tiwa Savage recounts failed marriage to Teebillz in new song

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

It is no news that Tiwa Savage dropped a new album 'Celia' but what's news is that she discussed her failed marriage to Tunji 'Teebillz' Balogun in one of the tracks.

Savage and Teebillz got married in 2013 in one of the most well-attended celebrity weddings of the decade.

The song 'Us' is a less than 3 minutes Interlude in the 13 Tracks, 38 minutes album.

According to the music star, love wasn't enough for their marriage to last long.

"I should have seen the warnings...So many times we lie for love and mama prayed for us still not enough. It wasn't enough, I wasn't enough, you weren't enough, love wasn't enough," the lyrics say.

However, she made it known that at least they both came out with something from the union (Their son, Jammal).


''At least we both came out with something."

Savage and Teebillz got married in 2013 in one of the most well-attended celebrity weddings of the decade.

However, things took a different turn in 2016 after the couple went on social media to call each other out over infidelity.


Their separation can be described as one of the messiest in the history of the Nigerian entertainment industry.

Teebillz and Savage have a son together.

Nappy releases new single, 'Many Things'

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:00 PM PDT

'Many Things' is produced by Egar Boi and arrives with a music video.

Date: August 28, 2020

Song Title: Many Things

Artist: Nappy

Genre: Afro-pop, Afro-house

Producer: Egar Boi

Album: TBA

Video Director: TBA

Label: TBA

Details/Takeaway: Nigerian singer Nappy goes ham on this afrobeat number titled 'Many Things.' Nappy who is also a rapper, producer, and songwriter shows yet another side for his all-round versatility on this potential club sleeper hit.

Born Jimoh Olayinka Dolapo, Nappy's love for and involvement in music started from the age of 15 and he has listed diverse names such as Bob Marley and 2Pac as icons that impacted his sound.

'Many Things' is produced by Egar Boi and arrives with a music video.

Watch the video below;



Patoranking releases new music video for, 'Abule'

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

The single is a celebration of his Lagos neighborhood, Ebute Metta, and of hoods worldwide — premiered today on Beats1 with Ebro, and is out now on all DSPs.

Date: July 29, 2020

Song Title: Abule

Artist: Patoranking

Genre: Afrobeat

Producer: Pheelz

Album: Three

Video Director: DK

Label: AMARI/EMPIRE

Details/Takeaway: The single is a celebration of his Lagos neighborhood, Ebute Metta, and of hoods worldwide — premiered today on Beats1 with Ebro, and is out now on all DSPs.

The release of 'Abule' will be supported by several digital initiatives, and a music video dropping Aug. 5, all with the theme of representing and protecting your hood.

"I'm proud to be from my abule, because to have made it coming from there it's only by God's grace," PATORANKING says. "It's made me who I am today and it's part of my story. So I waste no opportunity to let people know about my ghetto.

"I feel it's important through this new song to give my fans a chance to celebrate their own abules. And to protect their abules, too. Back in May, my team and I partnered with Ebele & Anyichuks Foundation to go to many ghettos across Lagos to give away masks and relief items. It's important we stay safe and do our part to protect."

Listen to the songbelow;


MI Abaga features on Terry Tha Rapman's new single, 'FTW'

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Originally released exclusively to Boomplay, this track that was birthed almost via a Twitter conversation is here.

Date: August 28, 2020

Song Title: FTW

Artist: Terry That Rapman featuring MI Abaga

Genre: Hip-Hop

Producer: MI Abaga

Album: TBA

Video Director: TBA

Label: BANS Nation

Details/Takeaway: Originally released exclusively to Boomplay, this track that was birthed almost via a Twitter conversation is here.

Ghanaian actress Yaa Jackson rushed to hospital after collapsing

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

The "Ehwe Papà" singer was rushed to a hospital on Wednesday, August 26, by a friend after she collapsed.

Kumawood actress and singer Yaa Jackson has reportedly been admitted at a hospital after she fell unconscious.

It's unclear what caused her collapse, however, she has come out to ask for prayers from fans.

In an Instagram post her management made today, it indicated that she wasn't feeling well, but now doing better.

"Yaa wasn't feeling well but she's doing much better now please continue to remember her in your prayers," the post read.


She wrote: "From the management team of Yaa Jackson we thank everyone for the warm concern regarding the video post circulating on social media. Yaa wasn't feeling well but she's doing much better now please continue to remember her in your prayers. Thank you."

R.Kelly reportedly attacked by angry inmate in jail

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

There are reports that music icon, R.Kelly, has been attacked by an angry inmate in jail.

The report says the fight didn't last long due to the intervention of the prison wardens.

According to TMZ, the disgraced music star who is facing sex abuse charges among others, was attacked by another inmate inside the Metropolitan Correctional Center in Chicago, United States of America.

It is alleged that the inmate went on the attack because he was angry about the detention facility being placed on lockdown a couple of times due to Kelly protesters outside the jail.


According to the report, the fight didn't last long as the prison wardens were able to break it up.

R.Kelly has been held in jail since 2019 over several charges including, racketeering and transporting women and girls for sex.

Burna Boy is a militant activist in new video for, 'Monsters You Made'

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:00 AM PDT

In this video, Burna Boy is the leader of a revolution, arming the youth in fighting injustice and trying to succeed.

Date: August 27, 2020

Song Title: Monsters You Made

Artist: Burna Boy

Genre: Afro-pop, Alternative, Afro-bashment, Reggae

Producer: Leriq

Album: Twice As Tall

Video Director: JM Productions

Label: Spacehip/

Details/Takeaway: In this video, Burna Boy is the leader of a revolution, arming the youth in fighting injustice and trying to succeed.

Kiddwaya's Billionaire Dad plans flamboyant Wedding for Son and Erica

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija reality TV star, Kiddwaya, and his in house girlfriend, Erica might be getting a fairy tale wedding after they leave biggie's house.

There are plans in top gear for the reality TV stars to get married in Italy and Nigeria.

Kidd's dad and billionaire businessman, Terry Waya made this known during a chat with veteran journalist, Dele Momodu, on Thursday August 27, 2020.

Momodu had jokingly informed the businessman that his media outfit was warming up for the wedding between his son Kidd and Erica.


"Ovation is warming up for the coverage of Kidd and his wife. I know it is going to be an international wedding. We will go all over the world," he said.

Waya answered in the affirmative by saying "Oh yes...of course, of course."

Momodu went on to suggest a designer wedding in Italy to which the billionaire also agreed.

"I will also do another one over here in Nigeria for his massive fans, let them enjoy part of the success, " he said.

Kidd's dad used the opportunity to thank all the people that have been voting to keep his son in the house.

Singer, Seyi Shay narrates how she narrowly escaped death during freak car accident

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Seyi Shay has narrated how she narrowly escaped death by the whiskers after a freak car accident in Lagos.

The music star says her brand new Range Rover SUV was badly damaged.

In an Instagram live conversation with fans, the music star shared her not so nice experience on her way from music star, Sound Sultan's house.

"So guess what, I was coming from Sound Sultan's house the other day, my driver was driving, thank God, that is how a container truck just smashed the whole side of my new car, I was so angry, I couldn't believe it," she said.

"Actually, the container had a direct impact on a corolla. That corolla now hit my car. That's how my car now flew from one side of the freaking freeway to the other side. I literally saw everything take place in front of my eyes, there was one passerby that was just walking o.

"Maybe to work God knows, that's how my car hit him, the guy just flew up landed down and was screaming that! His legs, his legs… Hey come and see the car that the trailer hit directly, that car was a complete write-off, 'right off ni motor yen'….I was so scared I was shaking, it took me a few minutes to get down from the car.


"My driver came down, he ran to the trailer and the car that was written off, I came out of the car and went to the old man that hit by my car because the lorry had pushed my car into him, he was on the floor talking about he's legs were broken and that is how I started crying."

She went on to narrate what happened at the police station, insisting that the truck driver was underaged.

"I couldn't believe it and I was like what I have done, that is how we ended up in the police station, this was like 7 am I was in the police station till 11:30 am and if you see the driver of the trailer, I think he was 9 years old, he was so short, skinny and small I couldn't believe that something so tiny was driving a big trailer like that what is wrong with Nigerians?" she said.

"First of all the guy didn't have a license, he didn't have any identity card, these people didn't even have insurance…Hey God! Sitting in that police station for almost 5 hours ehhn, hmmm Thank God the car still moves, but the whole side of the car dented, bumper fell off, new car o brand new range o."

"Anyways that is how the car is now in the mechanic workshop so the owner of the trailer came one baba like this he apologized, the little 9-year-old boy said he was 23 years old, they said what is your name he said Ayo Eze, the guy sha he was just chatting shit so anyway that's how they took him, locked him up in a cell, we waited three more hours."

"His employer came, family, you know he actually paid for damages and repairs to my car and we left, thank God for life, thank God the impact wasn't directly on my car because, God knows maybe I wouldn't be talking to you right now but it was just very scary, I called everybody but las las the case is now closed."

Deborah Oluwaseyi Joshua also known as Seyi Shay is a Nigerian-based singer, songwriter, and actress.

Check out first photo of BBNaija's Mike Edwards and wife Perri's baby boy

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Mike Edwards and his wife Perri Shakes Drayton have shared a photo of their newborn son for the first time.

The couple announced the arrival of their baby on August 27.

The reality TV star took to his Instagram page on Friday, August 28, 2020, where he shared a photo of his wife and their baby in the hospital.

Edwards had some really nice words to say about his wife, Perri.


"To my wife, @itspsd you're nothing short of amazing, and I'm so proud to be your husband and twice as excited that you're the mother to our baby boy," he captioned the photo.

Edwards and Drayton announced the arrival of their baby on August 27.

Edwards first revealed that he was expecting a baby with his wife back in May.

The couple got married in 2018 after dating for several months.

Drayton is an athlete and has represented Great Britain in several athletic competitions.

BBNaija Season-4 Winner, Mercy Eke gifts elder sister a car worth N5M on her birthday

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:30 AM PDT

The winner of the fourth season of Big Brother Naija season 4, Mercy Eke has gotten for her elder sister, Promise, a car gift on her birthday.

Eke is the first female ever to win the BBNaija reality TV show since it began over a decade ago.

The reality TV star took to her Instagram page on Friday, August 28, 2020, where she shared a video of the gift presentation to the celebrant.

"Happy birthday to my amazing sister @sweeryeke you so special in my life, you deserve so much happiness on your special day, and I pray to always make you happy. I love you @sweeryeke ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️," she captioned the video.



Eke emerged the 4th winner of BBNaija after she was announced the winner of the 2019 edition tagged Pepper Dem.

She is the first female ever to win the BBNaija reality TV show since it began over a decade ago.

Drama as Cynthia Morgan roars on her Instagram demanding her money from Jude Okoye

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Cynthia Morgan's new behavior on her instagram live shows that she is suffering and smiling.

It was obvious to many that the once popular music singer has been been ridiculed by poverty after she cane out recently to solicit for help from Nigerians.

She also alleged that her former boss, Jude Okoye, who she partnered with in her music business ruined her career because of his selfish interest.

Cynthia Morgan has now come out again to publicly demand for her money from Jude Okoye, alleging that he owes her and she is tired of living in extreme poverty while Jude enjoys exotic lifestyles with her money.

Social media users are suggesting she went to Jude's house to demand the money.

"He needs to give me my money and I am going live. Everybody has to hear about it.
I am suffering, this nigga is owing me money and he needs to pay me my money, cause no be wetin Nigerians know be that. He lied on me that I am owing him but na him dey owe me money" she said.

Watch the videos below…

Cubana Chief Priest allegedly assaults one of his female workers

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Socialite, Cubana Chief Priest has been accused by one of his female workers of assaulting her at Cubana nightclub in Owerri which he manages.

According to @Rukkyjib, the incident occurred on Saturday August 23. She alleged that Cubana Chief Priest punched her in the face and was stopped from attacking her further by eyewitnesses at the scene.

She also revealed that she won't take the alleged assault incident lightly and has reported him to relevant authorities to get him arrested.

She wrote;

Cubana Chief Priest formally known as Paschal Okechukwu assaulted me when I was working at Cubana, Owerri on Saturday 23rd August 2020. Witnesses at the scene saw him punch me in the face and after doing so, Chief Priest was held back by paying customers from attacking me any further. I have not taken the assault lightly and have made a report to get him arrested. Swipe for hospital report and police report. Say No to violence against women, Women's lives MATTER.





Actress, Mercy Johnson expresses gratitude to God as she clocks 35years old

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson-Okojie clocks 35 years on Friday. The actress was full of praise to God for adding another year to her age.

The actress celebrated her 35th birthday a day after she marked the 9th anniversary of her marriage with her husband, Prince Odianosen Okojie.

She took to her Instagram page on Friday to thank God for the gift of life.

She wrote: "When I look back at it all, I know that there are things that only God can do. Mercy Johnson Okojie is one of them and only God's Mercy has brought my life this far. I am so grateful Lord. Happy Birthday to me."

Johnson-Okojie was born on 28 August, 1984. She hails from Okene in Kogi State.

The Nollywood diva started her acting career after secondary school, when she auditioned for a role in The Maid and subsequently acted in other movies such as Hustlers, Baby Oku in America, War in the Palace.

In 2009, she won an award for Best Supporting Actress at the 2009 African Movie Award ceremony, and Best Actress award at the 2013 Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards for her role in the comedy movie Dumebi the Dirty Girl.

In December 2011, she was listed as Google's most searched Nigerian celebrity, a position she also held in 2012.

She made her debut as film producer with The Legend of Inikpi.

With Instagram followership of 8.9 million, Johnson-Okojie is one of the most popular faces in Nollywood industry.

Brymo – “Make pidgin Nigeria’s first language” Singer urges concerned authorities

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Ọlawale Ọlọfọrọ who is better known as Brymo has suggested that the federal government of Nigeria make pidgin as its first language.

The 34-year-old "Ara n be" crooner defended his stance by claiming that the creole language is spoken across Nigeria and still English.

"Make pidgin Nigeria's first language…it's still English, only it has bits of local lingua – it is spoken in maybe every state in the country.

"E go mad when presido come TV, greet say "una good afternoon my fellow country people".

Checkout the wedding invitation of President Buhari’s daughter, Hanan, 22, to Turad Sha’aban

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Wedding invitation of President Buhari's daughter, Hanan, 22, to Turad Sha'aban.

The invitation to the wedding fatiha between President Buhari's youngest daughter, Hanan, and Turad Sha'aban has been sent out.

The marriage is billed to take place on Friday, September 4, 2020. The venue for the wedding is the Presidential Villa, Aso Rock.

This is the first-ever wedding to take place in the Aso Rock Villa.

The groom is the son of a former lawmaker, Alhaji Mahmud Sani Sha'aban, who represented Zaria in the House of Representatives from May 2003 to May 2007.

Sha'aban is also a former governorship candidate in Kaduna State under the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria.

See the wedding IVs below.

Wedding invitation of President Buhari?s daughter, Hanan, 22, to Turad Sha?aban is released



Bobrisky storms the Internet with stunning Pre-birthday Photoshoot

Posted: 30 Aug 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian crossdresser Idris Olanrewaju Okuneye popularly known as Bobrisky is setting fire down in preparation for his birthday on the 31st of August. He has shut down social media with stunning photos ahead the birthday.

Bobrisky has taken to his Instagram page to share photos of himself wearing a lovely customary attire looking good. Counting down on his birthday, she has posted photos of himself celebrating ahead of his birthday.

See photos;



Previous
Next Post »