Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


BBNaija2020: Prince Breaks Down In Tears As The Housemates Celebrate Him On His Birthday

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Housemate Prince Nelson Enwerem broke down in tears last night as he celebrated his 25th birthday with fellow housemates.

After their Saturday night party, Prince was given a cake by big brother to celebrate his special day. The housemates then started saying the things they like about him, which made him teary.

Prince then broke down in tears as he thanked the housemates and everyone supporting him. Prince is the first housemate to celebrate his birthday in the house.


Watch the video below…

BBNaija2020: Kiddwaya tells Nengi “You are lucky I didn’t cross your path early”

Posted: 04 Aug 2020 12:00 AM PDT

BBNaija Lockdown housemate Kiddwaya still fantasizes about Nengi as he was seen today cursing his stars for not meeting crossing her path early.

The billionaire son still can get over the beauty of Nengi as he is always seen fantasizing and playing around her at every chance he gets.


A while back, he professed love to her saying he would buy her a ring in London and source the diamond from Botswana.

It appears he meant what he said earlier regardless of having Erica by his side, he still wants to warm Nengi's bed.


Earlier today, Nengi joined them on the couch wearing a black revealing dress, we must admit she looked fine in the dress.

He keep still but to say "You are lucky I didn't cross your path early"

Video below:

Meet the Nollywood Actress Who Finally Gave Birth After Waiting For 10 Years Tells Her Story

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:30 PM PDT

July 14 will go down in history as a day of double joy for actress and talk show host, Tricia Eseigbe-Kerry.

Indeed, that day was her birthday and also the day she gave birth to her daughter, after 10 years of waiting!

In this chat, the versatile role interpreter talks about how her family supported her during her darkest days of childlessness, and the joys of motherhood among other interesting issues. Enjoy it.

Images of you and your hubby clutching your baby set social media on fire some days ago. Tell us how you felt when you delivered your baby?

Firstly, it can only be God, and we give God all the thanks and praises for this wonderful bundle of joy that He gave us; we cannot thank God enough. As for the reactions that greeted the arrival of our baby, it took us by surprise, and like I said in my first press statement, again I would like to thank everyone that celebrated us and most especially, the media, family and friends. The outpouring of positive emotions that greeted the arrival of our baby was mind blowing, and we say thank you!

Ten years is a long time to wait for a baby. What were your challenges and how did you cope during those 10 years of waiting?

This is a very good question and I would answer it from the depths of my heart. Obviously, like you said, it was 10 years of stigmatization, 10 years of ridicule, 10 years of unprecedented orthodox and traditional medical procedures, all in the quest to have a baby. But we thank God we are here to tell a positive story after this traumatic last 10 years. Be it physical, mental, spiritual, financial, psychological, anyway you can describe it; it wasn't a pleasant journey. I managed to cope with my faith in God and His grace that strengthens me to this day.

Was there pressure from your in-laws and how did you handle it?

Fortunately, there was no pressure from my in-laws, my husband and family. I have a very superb family support system, which helped in coping as well. I know it is not the case with everyone and I would like to use this medium to plead with our society not to pressure women that are experiencing the same challenges like I did, because it is a very difficult journey which does not require unnecessary pressure from in-laws, family and friends. There are so many things physically, mentally and medically that these women are going through. These are parts of the things that motivated me in setting up my foundation about women and children christened, Boldfaces Women & Children Development Initiative. I truly pray that people will give women that are looking for the fruits of the womb more positive support.

How does it feel being a mother after 10 years of waiting?

It is exciting; we give God all the glory. It is every woman's dream and our society's expectation that once you get married, you start having children. But the most important thing is that children are the next generation. I am happy.

How was your husband able to cope for 10 years without a child, and what were those special things he did that encouraged and kept you going?

I want to believe that question is for him, but I can assure you that I didn't get any stress from him since the day we got married on December 19, 2009 till date. I was the one more stressed out while he was super-chilled. He is a man that believes that children or no children, it is the man and the woman that will always grow old together, because the children will come, grow and move on into a new family. Also, he is a man of faith that believes that whatever that has been declared in heaven shall come to pass on earth. It is all about patience and God's time is surely the best. In other words, like the scripture says, iron sharpeneth iron, which means his faith aligned with mine, and that kept us going. He is a very confident believer in the Almighty God and that is a strength on its own, strong enough to weather the storm. At the end of the day, our God came through for us.

What advice do you have for couples seeking children after years of marriage?

It is important for them to know that at the end of the day, children or no children, the couple's bonding is most needed in handling their situation. I am talking about both physical and spiritual bonding, because they only have each other to deal with in all the adversity that comes with not having a child. Secondly, as a believer, unwavering faith is needed even when science states otherwise, because faith will unlock uncommon graces that will change the situation. Never give up, hold on to God almighty and keep hope alive no matter what happens.

Could you recall your labour room drama, was your husband by your side in the labour room?

On the 13th of July, my birthday eve, I was looking forward to my birthday when contraction started. I called Dr. Sharon, my doctor to inform her; she is an integral part of my journey and she advised we came in because that wasn't my due date, which we did. Yes, my husband was there by my side as supportive as ever. And hours into my birthday, I gave birth to my lovely baby girl. We give God all the glory.

Your husband was in the labour room with you. What were the special things he did to encourage you?

I was in too much pain to know. But like I said, he was there and supportive as always; reassuring, calming and praying for me.

Was there any time you gave up hope on motherhood and considered adoption as a way out?

No, I never thought of it but that is not to say there is anything wrong with adoption, because I have always encouraged people to adopt. It depends on individual situation. With mine, I have always had positive results with near misses, and I knew that one day, I will get to the finish line. And as believers, we cannot give up on God because he never gave up on us. That is why I always say to people 'keep hope alive, your miracle is on the way.' 10 years or more, it doesn't matter. Our God is on the throne and at His appointed time, He will come through like He did for me; He will do what He did for me for you.

Huddah Monroe cries out says "Bring back WoodBerry and Hushpuppi"

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Kenyan socialite cum entrepreneur Huddah Monroe never shies from speaking her mind or making her desires known.

Huddah Monroe has caused chatter on social media after she called for the release of Nigerian big boy Hushpuppi and Woodberry to shows some men how to ball, legally or not legal.

The socialite in her InstaStory complained bitterly about how disappointed she is in these men who think they are big in the club but aren't.

According to her, they are fake and don't know how to set the ball rolling as they buy one bottle of Vodka and then have their name rolling as big men in the club.


She, therefore, called for the release of Hushpuppi and Woodberry to come and teach these men how to ball legally or illegally.

screenshot below;


BBNaija2020: “I don’t want to win, I just want to be in the top 5”

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Big Brother Naija Lockdown contestant, Kaisha has hinted that her main objective in the show is to be in the Top 5 and not necessarily emerge the winner.

Kaisha made the disclosure to her fellow housemates as they gear up for possible eviction on Sunday.

According to Kaisha, she doesn't wish to be announced as the winner of the show but would like it better if she makes it to the top 5.

Trikky Tee tried talking her out from underestimating herself saying she is speaking based on how she has rated some housemates as more powerful than her but he would not do that.


BBNaija2020: Lovely photos of housemate Prince’s family as they celebrate his 25th birthday

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Yesterday was the 25th birthday of BBNaija housemate Prince and his family have celebrated him with some lovely photos even though he's not present.

The family shared some lovely photos of themselves celebrating Prince as if he was in their midst with their amazing cake as they cut it on his behalf.

The photos shows the BBNaija housemate has a lovely family as they look amazing together celebrating his 25th birthday.

He has been wished by fans and loved ones on social media and the photos of his family has also shown how much they love him.

Photos below;





Davido’s PA, Aloma DMW welcomes a son

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 09:00 AM PDT

DMW boss, Davido's personal assistant, Busari Idris popularly known as Aloma DMW, has welcomed his first child, a baby boy.

Aloma shared the good news on his Instagram page and tagged the new born a special gift from God.

"Congratulations to me 🙏Aloma jnr 💪🏿 what a special gift from GOD" he wrote.

One month ago, Aloma got a tattoo of his boss on his arm.

This is coming one week after singer Opeyemi Babatunde Rahim, popularly known as Lyta, welcomed his first child, a baby boy.

Singer Naira Marley who made the announcement via his Instagram story, congratulated Lyta.


22-year-old Lyta signed a record deal with YBNL Nation in 2018 but left the label in May 2019 after having a disagreement with Olamide.

Shoprite say, they are ending operations in Nigeria after 15 years

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:42 AM PDT

Shoprite say, they are ending operations in Nigeria after 15 years

South Africa's grocery retailer giant, Shoprite, is leaving Nigeria, Africa's most populated country, after 15 years.

According to a report by News24, The grocery retail group has started a formal process to consider the potential sale of all or a majority stake in its supermarkets in Nigeria.

The disclosed this in a trading statement for the 52 weeks to end June released Monday.

Shoprite in the statement, said the results for the year do not reflect any of their operations in Nigeria as it will be classified as discontinued operation.

International supermarkets (excluding Nigeria) contributed 11.6% to group sales, and reported  1.4% decline in sales from 2018.

South African operations contributed 78% of overall sales and saw 8.7% rise for the year.

As a result of lockdown, customer visits declined 7.4% but the average basket spend increased by 18.4%.

More details to follow.....

Wizkid spark controversy after revealing Disney owes him $100M

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 08:00 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Ayodeji Balogun, professionally known as Wizkid has taken to Twitter to call out Disney over unpaid debt.

Although Wizkid did not disclose further details about the debt, fans feel the artiste is referring to royalties from his collaboration with Beyonce on "The Lion King" album.

American star Beyonce, recently released the music video for the much anticipated single, Brown Skin Girl, which is from the "Lion King Album".


Wizkid alongside country counterparts, Tekno, Burna Boy, Tiwa Savage and others also featured on the album.

Wizkid simply wrote on twitter;

"Good day to wake up! Disney owe me $100M!!

Jude Okoye’s Wife, Ify Shares Hot Photos As She Celebrates 30th Birthday

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Nigerian music executive, Jude Okoye's wife, Ify Okoye has shared hot and adorable photos as she celebrates her 30th birthday.

The proud mother of two clocked 30 yesterday, July 31, 2020.

Ending the month of July in a grand style, Ify penned down the following to mark her 30th birthday;

"It's my Birthday and I'm 30!!!

I am so grateful to God for all that I have accomplished! My 2 beautiful children and the best husband!

I am proud of the woman I have become! The creative mind I possess and can now confidently express and share with the world!

Today, I turn 30 and for the most part, I am feeling pretty calm about it.
Perhaps, for much of my 20s, I gave myself deadlines for the biggest events in life. And guess what? I didn't meet any of them. But at the age of 30, I am happier than I could have ever predicted.
Putting deadlines on "life-stages" can limit you. There is no normal – so stop weighing yourself up to expectations from other people and comparing your path to others.

For me – so far anyway – this year brings INSIGHT, CLOSURE and POTENTIAL. I am more 'ME' than I had ever been before!!

And now, my hopes and perspectives for the future are different.

Happy 30th Birthday day to me."

See photos below…









Actress Ada Ameh -- I’m a feminist but submitting yourself to your man doesn’t make you a fool

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Nollywood Actress, Ada Ameh has disclosed that she is feminist but not the type that won't submit herself to a man.

Ada Ameh also disclosed that she has no regret having a child as a teenager.

According to the Benue State-born thespian, who had her child at the age of 14, she would have felt bad not having a husband or child of her own now that she is in her forties.

The actress made these known in a recent interview with TheSun.


"I can never regret having my child at 14. God forbid! The truth is that the ways of God are so different from the ways of man. Just imagine me at this age if I am not married and don't have a child. I am not saying marriage is the ultimate but we both know what I am talking about.

I am a feminist but I am not that type of woman that would not love to have a man. Being a feminist doesn't mean that there shouldn't be a man. As a Christian, submitting yourself to your man doesn't make you a fool," she said.

Anita Joseph – ‘There’s nothing absolutely wrong with spoiling a man’ Actress advises ladies

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:42 PM PDT

Nollywood actress Anita Joseph has taken to her social media page to advise her fellow women on how to keep the sparks in their relationships.

In her recent post on Instagram, the actress advised ladies to spoil their men because there is nothing wrong with it.

She wrote:

"There's nothing Absolutely wrong with spoiling a Man.. Just make sure he's Yours 😳😳Atokwa m Jesu 🤣🤣🤣"

The actress earlier counseled ladies on the need to marry men that will put them in the mood at all times.

The movie star cum entrepreneur aso cautioned married women not to let their guards down immediately after marriage.

See her post below:

NFF, CAF and FIFA celebrate Kanu Nwankwo on his 44th birthday

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Kanu Nwankwo clocks 44 years old on August 1.

World football governing body, FIFA, Confederation of African Football (CAF), the Nigeria Football Federarion and even his former club, Ajax have celebrated the one time African footballer of the year who retired from professional football over a decade ago.



BBNaija2020: Erica – Why I Cannot Be In A Relationship With Kiddwaya

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija housemate, Erica has revealed that she doesn't feel anything serious or intimate about fellow housemate and billionaire son, Kiddwaya.

The housemates have been gently sailing their love ship since the past few days, and fans felt that the ship keep sailing till the show comes to an end.

However, Erica on Thursday night cleared the air as she told Wathoni that she is just flirting with Kiddwaya.


According to her, she cannot date Kiddwaya even if she's blind, adding that they have just physical and no mental connection.

In her words;


"I and Kidd, we just flirt with each other, make jokes and have no deep connection. If I was blind, I would not be attracted to Kiddwaya. I love mental connection, right now it's just physical, it will end in tears for me so I'll rather just be making jokes with him."

AdeHerself super-excited as Mompha pays her a surprise visit after her release

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Recently embattled social media influencer, AdeHerself was left in utter shock as popular Dubai big boy, Mompha pays her a surprise visit.

Recall that AdeHerself was recently arrested and charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC but has been released on bail.

Upon her return from the EFCC den, Bureau De Change business mogul, Mompha also known as Sky Man decided to pay her a surprise visit at her home.


In the short video posted on Mompha's Insta story and reposted by AdeHerself on her insta story as well, the influencer could be seen hugging Mompha tightly while screaming in excitement and surprise.

"I'm fidgeting…Mompha is in my house, I don't know what to say guys…", she is heard saying in the video.

Amidst her surprise, she held unto him not wanting to let go while Mompha hailed her "Ade-Herself".

Watch video below…


After 4 kids, Mercy Johnson says she hasn’t even started giving birth yet

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:30 AM PDT

After 4 kids, popular Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson Okojie has revealed that she hasn't even started giving birth yet.

The actress made this known in a recent video she uploaded on her official Instagram account today, August 1, 2020.

Mercy recently attended the birthday celebration of a family relative which she attended with her husband – Prince Okojie and 4 children.

At the birthday in-house event, her sister-in-law quizzed her on whether she's done giving birth. "It's still remaining one abi?", she asked.


In response to her question, Mercy nodded and said "Yes, we are not done… We haven't even started sef".

Sharing the video and other pictures from the birthday celebration which she attended with her family, she wrote…

"My sister in laws wont stop teasing me lol, what's my own😜😜😜just for laffs thou
PS Henry still hates to take pictures.😂😂
Happy new month everyone.
@omawildflower I dey my house,come beat me oooo🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️🏃‍♀️"

Watch video below…

Michelle Obama celebrates mom’s 83rd birthday

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Michelle Obama, wife to former US president, Barack Obama took to social media to celebrate her mum who recently clocked 83 years of age.

The former First Lady showered her mom with praise on this auspicious day, describing her as a strong woman with a heart of gold.

She wished her a happy birthday and thanked her for being a guiding light and being a good mother.

She wrote, "Happy birthday, Mom! Anyone who knows my mom knows that she is the one to turn to for steady guidance, a wise perspective, and, of course, a wisecrack or two," Read more. I've been so lucky to grow up with all of this and more. I love you."


Throwback Photo of Davido and BBNaija housemate, Nengi surfaces online

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:30 AM PDT

One of the most loved and most criticized housemate is Rebecca Nengi Hampson. Nengi is one of the most talked-about housemates in the BBNaija house.

Rebecca Nengi is a two time Beauty pageant queen who has had the opportunity to mingle with some celebrities in the past. One of the celebrities she has been spotted within the past is the DMW boss, Davido

A throwback photo of Nengi and Davido has popped up the internet. The BBNaija housemate was spotted in a photo with Davido in an open place believed to be an event.

See photos below..


BBNaija2020: Fans Design Wedding Invitation Card For Eric And Lilo

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Fans of BBNaija housemates Eric and Lilo who seem to be enjoying their relationship goals have designed a wedding invitation card for the love birds.

It is no longer news that their ship in the Big Brother house is sailing to the permanent sight and we hope it continues even after they might have left the house.

Eric and Lilo are one of the few lockdown couples whose ships are gradually sailing through the storm.

In acknowledgement of their love life, a designed wedding invitation card for the couple has emerged on social media.

Recall that a viewer recently said that Lilo and Eric would be the first housemates to be evicted from the BBNaija house so that the love birds can have ample time to plan for their traditional wedding.

See Invitation Card Below…


BBNaija2020: Housemates Ka3na and Praise Caught on Camera Having S*X at Night

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija Lockdown housemates, Ka3na and Praise have been caught on camera having s*x.

They were seen being very intimate on Saturday morning, August 1.

The housemates had just finished playing a game of truth or dare in which Ka3na played with Laycon's d!ck and also kissed ozo, before she and Praise decided to get freaky.

The footage shows both housemates moving their bodies in ecstasy under the sheets.

Praise Nelson, 28, is engaged and has a child with his fiance, while Katrina Jones, 26, is still married to her 64 years old white husband who she shares a child with, although they are separated at the moment.

See videos below:

Yvonne Jegede – WSW Challenge: I’ve Seen The Injustice Done To Turkish Women

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 01:00 AM PDT

For a few days now, the internet has been agog with the hashtag ''Women supporting women'' which many notable personalities have now taken part in.

Although some have misinterpreted the essence of the #WSW challenge, media personalities like Mo Abudu, have explained that the movement is in solidarity with Turkish women about 500 of whom have been killed.

In a chat with Saturday Beats, Actress Yvonne Jegede, who also gave her counsel said, "I lived in Cyprus for four to five years, so I am conversant with the Turkish culture and tradition and one thing I know for sure is that they do beat their women. You can't even go to the police and report domestic violence. They would tell you to go home and solve your domestic problems. The police don't really support the women over there. The society itself doesn't back the women up. Personally, I've witnessed several occasions where a man will beat up his wife or girlfriend at the bus stop in Cyprus.

''I have lived there so when I saw why the #WSW challenge was going online I connected instantly. When I was in school, my next-door neighbour (a Turkish family,) would beat his wife and his grown-up teenage daughter and take them to the hospital, bring them back with plaster and stitches and still beat them again.''

Further speaking on women supporting one another, she said, ''Who says it is hard for women to build one another? I see women support women every day. So, when I hear women make these statements that women don't support each other, I wonder where the women that don't support themselves come from. When you go on social media, you'll see women celebrating each other. When people say women don't support themselves, I think they say it intentionally to remind women not to support themselves. I mean nobody insists that men don't support themselves.''


The mother of one also explained why she voices out on topical issues. She said, "If I am not a celebrity and there are issues affecting me, I think I should speak about them. I think Nigerians, in general, should speak about issues that affect the country as a whole. Speaking out does not mean I'm doing so because I have a platform; it really has nothing to do with that. I always want to speak up because I have families that live in Kaduna and there are killings in Kaduna, I have friends that have families that live in Kaduna, I know people that come from Kaduna. Therefore, I cannot say I would keep quiet because I have nothing to do with Kaduna State. Humanity for me comes first.''

CDQ releases new single, 'Vaseline'

Posted: 03 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

This is a follow-up to 'Show Me.'

Date: July 31, 2020

Song Title: Vaseline

Artist: CDQ

Genre: Afro-pop

Producer: Vicebeatz

Album: TBA

Video Director: TBA

Label: TBA

Details/Takeaway: This is a follow-up to 'Show Me.' The song is a cut between hilarious riposte at 'dull men' to slight hints of slut-shaming.

Watch the video below;


Previous
Next Post »