Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Damilola Adegbite spoils herself with new Range Rover

Posted: 15 Sep 2020 12:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Damilola Adegbite has joined the extensive list of Range Rover owners in Nigeria.

The single mum of one took to social media to show off the luxurious vehicle on her social media page yesterday, September 12.

In the photo she shared on her page, Damilola was seen elegantly posed by the silver-coated Range Rover, yet to be registered.

Damilola Adegbite was formerly married to Ghanaian actor and 'Tinsel' co-star Chris Attoh, and they have a son together.

In an interview with BBC Pidgin last year, she revealed that she is not ready to remarry, and that issues regarding marriage and her relationships should rather be left for her to manage.

See photos below;





BBNaija2020: Ex-Housemate Praise reveals all he has learnt in BBN House

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Ex-BBNaija Lockdown housemate, Praise Nelson, who was evicted some weeks back, has said he has no regrets leaving the reality TV show early.

In an interview with Sunday Scoop, he also mentioned some of the lessons the experience taught him, saying, "It was a fun and amazing experience. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet so many other people with different personalities. Being in close proximity with the other housemates taught me how to coexist and work with others while showcasing myself at the same time.

"The love from the fans has been amazing and has kept me going strong. The Big Brother Naija platform is one of the biggest platforms in Nigeria to showcase real talent and I am really grateful that I got this opportunity. I have no regrets. I feel that every single week I spent in the Big Brother House; I tried to showcase myself and be as real as possible.

"I feel really fulfilled with the time I spent there. I plan to capitalise on all the love and awareness the public has shown me in the last few months. Going forward, I plan to continue to showcase my dance and entertainment skills by putting quality contents out there for people to enjoy. I plan to go fully into the entertainment industry and explore acting, modelling, brand influencing, etc. I am always open to new opportunities to showcase Praise to the world."


Sharing his best moments on the show, Praise said being the only housemate to have won Betway games twice was a personal achievement for him.

When asked if he was surprised by his eviction, Praise said: "No, I wasn't really shocked when I left the house. Every single day was a blessing and I had the mindset that anyone could be evicted at any time. I was really surprised and touched by all the love fans have shown me outside the house."

Spare parts dealer set to divorce wife as plumber removes 23 used condoms blocking their toilet

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 11:00 PM PDT

A Nigerian man is reportedly set to divorce his wife he suspects of infidelity after a plumber pulled out 23 used condoms which have been blocking the toilet of his house built barely a year ago.

If you have been having difficulty flushing your toilet, you might want to figure out what's blocking it; the manhole might not necessarily be full.

A concerned young man who claimed the man is his uncle shared the story and attached some photos of recently used condoms which he claimed contained semen.

According to him, his uncle and wife have been married for two years with one daughter and they celebrated their wedding anniversary recently.

He added that his uncle became speechless at the sight of the discovery because he is not always at home and he does not use a condom on his wife.

"Hello, house don't mind my grammar pls!

"There's a problem in the house! We have been having a problem with our toilet for a while now but we received a shock after finding out what the problem is….

"My uncle is 44 and his wife is 34 with 1 kid (girl) they just celebrated 2 years anniversary. My uncle spends most of the time at the shop. He sells spare parts and automobile; he never knew and will never believe that his wife brings another man home (who she has once introduced to me as his cousin) … FastFWD

"Two weeks now we have been finding it hard to flush the toilet because the water is moving …. My uncle called a plumber yesterday, the plumber had to call my uncle to show him what the problem is... To our surprise, its a condom, and one of them is still fresh with some sperm inside…

"My uncle was surprised because he said he never used it on her since they got married … He just built the house which is not even up to 1year… Now their marriage is on the line of collapsing, I like the wife very well because she is kind and generous she buys me the latest things like phones, shoes, shirts… I don't know how to contribute to the issues because I am just a boy boy," he wrote on Nairaland.

Davido talks about sending Nicki Minaj a DM and confirms 'A Better Time' will have 17 tracks

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 10:30 PM PDT

On September 11, 2020, Nigerian superstar, Davido was on the Drivetime Show on Beat FM with Gbemi and Segun. During the show, he spoke about why he left social media and why it seemed like he unfollowed some of his people.

During the show, he also says that he recorded 'FEM' in

He also spoke about why his upcoming third album, A Better Time is coming so hot on the heels of his sophomore A Good Time. He said, "I was going to ride on 'A Good Time' till [2021] but while on tour, I realized that like six songs from 'A Good Time' were already out. So I really only added how many songs?"

He continued, "I didn't feel like it was a brand new album and then immediately I came back to Nigeria due to COVID, we started recording. And then, I was mostly in Atlanta [Georgia, US] when I recorded 'A Good Time,' so I was only talking to my producers via WhatsApp or Skype..

"Before I went to [Los Angeles] to do collaborations, the solo records I did here, I was on hand in Lagos [vibing with everybody]. I dropped 'FEM' today from a 17-track album. So we will get 16 new songs."

He also confirmed that Nicki Minaj is on the album. Speaking about how that happened, he said, "Before this song, I had never spoken with Nicki. We were in a club in Abuja and I was really drunk and I had also just recorded this song. I was like 'Nicki will kill this song.'

"So I took my phone and DMed her. I said, "Nicki, I got a song for us. It's gon' go number one, I promise you' in those exact words. The next morning, [I saw a message from her which read], 'send it.' The next day, she sent it..."

Interestingly, Davido also says that he recorded 'FEM' in March 2020. The album cover for 'A Better Time' will be Davido's son, Ifeanyi.

Watch the video below;



“I’m Not Ready For Plenty ‘Shalaye’ At The Moment” – Erica On Why She’s Staying Away From The Media

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Disqualified Big Brother Naija housemate, Erica has disclosed why she has been staying away from social media and refusing to grant interviews.

Erica was disqualified last week Sunday after she was found guilty of flouting the house rules.

Since her disqualification, she has only been spotted in a single interview with African Magic, unlike other BBNaija housemates.

However, during a live Instagram session on Saturday, Erica explained that she was staying away from the media at the moment because she needed time out for herself.

Erica said;

"I'm taking some time out at the moment to stay away and focus on myself. Look out for me, when I'm ready, I'll come out with a bang but right now I'm taking some time out.

"I'm not ready for plenty 'Shalaye' at the moment. I'll be back with a bang. I love and appreciate you all my supporters."

Anthony Joshua – You can’t give your parents a befitting funeral if you didn’t give them a befitting life

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 09:00 AM PDT

British-Nigerian boxer, Anthony Joshua has advised young people to take care of their parents while they are still alive.

According to the former Boxing heavyweight champion, You can't give your parents a befitting funeral if you didn't give them a befitting life when they were alive.

He went further to say that they can't see your love after they are gone. Read below as he wrote on his Snapchat handle;


"Dear children you can't give your mother & father a befitting funeral if you don't give them a befitting life when they were alive.

They can't see your love after they have gone or see you true effection from the coffin.

Give your mother or father a hug or a call and express your gratitude today.
If you don't have the best relationship with your mother or father this message isn't meant for you"


Nigerians must go; South Africans says. #NigeriansMustGo trends

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 08:53 AM PDT

Twitter image
 

An hash tag created by South Africans #NigeriansMustGo is trending on Twitter, where some citizens of SA are asking Nigerians to leave their country.

Closer look of the hash tag #NigeriansMustGo, it ended with "ethnic cleanse (Sept. 23)".

However, a Twitter user @_Jcharisma just twitted that some videos and pictures circulating in the internet are not recent ones, but from old issues.

"Incase you are wondering what is going on, it's south Africans posting old videos of things that happened months, years and even decades ago and acting like it's a recent event, just to push a narrative. Yup they are doing it again. Clowns"

See below some tweets that has gone viral regarding the hash tag:

 


Bobrisky brags says, I am prettier than 90 percent of Nigerian ladies

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

Controversial crossdresser, Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky has claimed that he is prettier than 90% of Nigerian ladies.

The self acclaimed male barbie mentioned this in his recent video on Snapchat, while addressing Nigerian ladies who are hating on him.

He added that most Nigerian girls want to be popular like him, especially after he received the sum of N20million from his billionaire boyfriend.


He however advised his female fans to be themselves, as he said good personality is what makes a person stand out not " big ass or breast". According to Bob, he has a great personality, that's why men are falling for him.

BBNaija Housemate, Laycon to perform alongside Wizkid, Burna Boy at AfroNation

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 07:00 AM PDT

BBNaija housemate, Laycon is set to perform alongside Wizkid and Burna Boy at the forthcoming AfroNation festival as co-founder has offered him a slot.

The festival which is scheduled to take place in 2021 in Portugal, will be a 3-day event that will see top music stars like Wizkid, Olamide and Burna Boy performing.

The show organizer, Adesegun Adeosun Jr popularly known as King Smade recently wowed Laycon's fans when he revealed he'll get the housemate – who is a musician – to perform at AfroNation festival.

Music producer and Laycon stan, Samklef made a post suggesting they throw a party to celebrate when Laycon wins.


Responding to this, King Smade, The show organizer of AfroNation festival took to the comment section to reveal that he will have the housemate perform at the festival.

He wrote,

"I will have him perform at AfroNation festival! Lay on for the win!"



Crossdresser James Brown says he's the remedy every Nigerian youth needs

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Effeminate dancer, James Brown has said that he is the remedy every Nigerian youth needs.

The cross-dresser who gained popularity in the Nigerian media circle early last year after he was arrested at a gay party and professed his innocence in a hilarious 'they didn't caught me' video, also said that he is the chosen one.

Sharing the above photo on Instagram, he wrote;


"If a curse can be turned into a remedy needed in a stew for every woman.

Then I am a remedy every youths out there needs,because I am the chosen one,I am the salt of the community.

(Genesis 19 vs 26)
Cheers 🥂 to my disciples out they"

Wizkid – “For this life, chose better woman” singer advises men

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:30 AM PDT

Award winning Nigerian singer, Ayodeji Balogun popularly known as Wizkid has taken to Instagram to advise his male fans.

The "Joro" crooner, in his recent Instagram story, advised men to be mindful of the woman they chose to spend their lives with.

According to Wizzy, men should ensure they chose a good woman as a partner, because women play a huge role in any man's life.

Wizkid a.k.a Star Boy began recording music at the age of 11 and he rose to prominence after releasing "Holla at Your Boy", the lead single from his debut studio album, Superstar.

See his post below;

BBNaija2020: Big Brother Fines Ozo, Nengi Again

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija Lockdown housemates, Nengi Hampson and Ozoemena Joseph have been issued another fine by Big Brother over microphone infringements.

The housemates and love birds were guilty of whispering to each other, an action which goes against the rules guiding their stay in the lockdown house.

Big Brother announced that the fine will attract a deduction from her wallet. The other Housemates were however not happy about the new fines as this could lead to losing their week's wager task.

Dorathy expressed her anger at Ozo, insisting that she has always warned him to stop whispering so they don't lose their wager.


Stella Dimoko Korkus calls out Ubi Franklin for allegedly gossiping about her

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian blogger, Stella Dimoko Korkus, has called out music executive, Ubi Franklin for allegedly gossiping about her.

She took to her Instagram page to slam him for gossiping her to one of his baby mama's which she refused to mention. Stella revealed that she would do a part two post tomorrow on ten people Ubi gossiped about.

Read as she posted below…

"@ubifranklintriplemg I had to unblock you so that u can see this post. It looks like u want trouble?i do not understand why a man can wake up and decide to be a serial gossip. Why? In the last two weeks I have heard you swear people to secrecy not to ask me after u tell me them what I allegedly said. Only one is bold enough to say I can tag her but I won't. You went to bad mouth me to one of your baby mamas?I know you will come here to respond with your troll accounts but I don't care. Get off my back Ubi, have u not realized that a lot of celebs have woken up and realized that you are their problems? Have u seen how many people got you. Blocked?u are going around saying what I did not say. I will scatter the internet if I say the things you told me about your colleagues including the chef chi that you are managing. I know you will lie further when you see this post but ubi guess what? I am not your ex that kept quiet oh. I have been quiet on my instagram handle becos I turned a new leaf but people like u just make it impossible.aside from being a serial fucker, wanker,toaster,gossip. You have added serial liar to the cv.

I am not like those you promise to ruin their careers and intimidate them into silence. enough Mr Franklin. Pick on others to do this with. I will do a part two post tomorrow on ten people you gossiped about and then we will be even. ..:

TWO CAN PLAY HONEY.

It is people like you who tell celebs to be careful of me but you are the one they should be careful with/of

You are now a self proclaimed Blogger so I expect your response. Please do not effing call my phone!…gossip alla carte."

BBNaija2020: the show was not created for poor people alone – Terry Waya slam those abusing Kiddwaya

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 04:00 AM PDT

Terry Waya, father of Big Brother Naija season 5 housemate, Kiddwaya, has told those against his son winning the N85 million grand prize that the reality TV show belongs to the poor and the rich.

The billionaire businessman informed his son's critics that it is the money contributed by both the poor and the rich through voting, adverts and others that is given to the winner at the end of the show.

Mr. Waya spoke during an Instagram live interview where he maintained that his son, Kidd enjoys the same rights to win the money just as the others.


Speaking in pidgin English, Terry Waya noted that the show is not being watched by the poor alone, insisting that the rich also spend their time watching it.

The London-based business man advised those abusing his son for participating in the show to stop, insisting that the programme is for all.

Actor turn Politician, Desmond Elliot under fire for justifying godfatherism

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actor turned politician, Desmond Eliot, has received uncountable backlashes online for justifying godfatherism.

The thespian in a recent interview spoke about Obaseki's "Edo no be Lagos" slogan. The Lagos lawmaker berated Obaseki for the slogan.

The remarks he made in the interview has infuriated Nigerians as many have taken to Twitter to troll the sitting Lagos State House of Assembly member.

In the interview, Elliot admitted that he is a product of godfatherism.

Talking about Obaseki's aim to end godfatherism in Edo, Desmond Elliot said loyalty is important.

He also said that If not for godfatherism Obaseki would not be where he is today.

In defence for godfatherism, he said that a godfather looks after the interest of his people.

These comments have not gone down well with Nigerians.

Below are some reactions on Twitter;

Instagram Comedian Maraji breaks down in tears after boyfriend of 2 years dumps her for another lady

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 03:00 AM PDT

Popular Instagram comedian Maraji recently took to her social media page to reveal that she is heartbroken. Maraji said she was dumped by her boyfriend of two years.

She went on to reveal that they were first friends before it led to a relationship and it feels like God blessed her with someone who she likes to talk to and laugh with.

However, she was surprised when her ex-lover called it quits for not doing anything wrong to him.
 
Meanwhile, she revealed that he called their relationship off because he likes someone else.



Bidemi – I want to be Better than Jide Kosoko, Daughter of Veteran Actor says

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 02:30 AM PDT

Bidemi Kosoko is one actress that has had her fair share of controversies in the entertainment industry. However, the actress has described controversies as inevitable in the movie industry.

Also according to the actress, she wants to surpass the achievements of her father, Prince Jide Kosoko, in the movie industry because children "are meant to be better than their parents". Kosoko is one of the most respected actors in Nollywood.

In an interview with Saturday Beats, the actress said, "I regret nothing so far and I cannot remember anything I wished I had done in the early days of my career that I didn't do. Some of the things that have helped me to come this far include my belief in constant learning and improving my craft at every given time. I always want to be better than my last performance and I think that has helped me stand out.

"I would say that being the daughter of a veteran actor, Prince Jide Kosoko, didn't help me in terms of popularity and in helping me to get favour in the movie industry. I don't get jobs because I am a Kosoko, I get movie roles because some directors and producers see my capabilities and talent and need them. Nonetheless, in some cases, my father's name has opened doors for me and also given me soft landings where there might have been difficulties. I don't know people's expectations regarding my career, but I intend to be better than Jide Kosoko. Aren't children meant to be better than their parents?


"About controversies and rumours, immediately I understood that the aforementioned topics are inevitable in this job, I started to pay less or no attention to them. People will always talk, whether you do or you don't. So why should I bother myself?"

Speaking about rivalries in the entertainment industry and why some actors preferred to marry their colleagues, Bidemi noted, "Some actresses are considered as rivals and some have even declared it openly, but I do not have a rival and I am not in a competition with anyone. Rivalry only builds hatred and there is too much hatred in the world; we need love and peace. When it also comes to the choice of a lifetime, everyone should do what they think will work for them; there's no 'go-to manual' when it comes to marriage. One man's food is another man's poison."

"I have paid a high price for being in the limelight so there is a limit to what I can do. I cannot do some things because the world may not see it as I see it. I cannot even walk down the street without being harassed or stared at or experience something like that," she added.

Vehnom Biography And Other Things You Need To Know About Him!

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Nwokobia Chukwuka Senator popularly known as Vehnom. A Nigerian, born on 21th October 2000. He is a singer, songwriter, performer, and recording artist.

Vehnom started his music career at middle school when he started writing songs. He was a drummer boy of a choir in the redeemed church. In middle of 2020, Vehnom dropped a street banger titled "BECAUSE" which is currently being accepted by music lovers judging from the feedback that has been coming in. VEHNOM is in the music industry for good and he intends to reach the top and stay there for as long as possible, not only that he intends breaking Grammy records with time. Following the release of "Because" Vehnom is planning on dropping a brand new single titled "BODY".


The song explains more about the attraction he has to a woman he has been asking out for days. We can't wait for that Vehnom………..




BBNaija2020: Erica's 'Go fund me' raise over N12.5m and still counting..

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Over 310 fans and viewers of the fifth season of one of the most popular reality television shows in Nigeria, Big Brother Naija (Lockdown Edition), have raised over N12.5m for Erica Nlewedim, a 26-year-old housemate who was disqualified on the 48th day of the show.

According to the information on her page regarding the Gofundme account, as at 9.14pm on Friday, $28, 410 (approximately N12.5m) have been donated by 311 fans.

The ex-housemate, who is one of the most popular in the current season, got more than she bargained for after a lengthy tirade against a fellow housemate, Olamilekan Agbeleshe, popularly known as Laycon. The incident, combined with some of her other actions, earned her a third and final strike.

According to Big Brother, Erica was issued a strike for verbally abusing her fellow housemates, disrespecting the Head of House lounge, and interfering with the production process.

This instantly angered some of her fans, who subsequently directed verbal abuse at the camp of Laycon, whom they held responsible for Erica's fate. In light of these unfortunate incidents, a Gofundme fundraiser targeted at $100,000 was created for "the star of BBNaija season 5, whose journey on the show came to an emotional end – to realise some of her hopes and aspirations".

In a statement on her Gofundme page, one Ehizode Irefo, the organiser of the fundraiser, said, "The funds will be used to raise awareness for mental health as per therapist's fees and also help her get back on her feet considering the disqualification."

Since Erica's disqualification, personalities, including a wealthy socialite, Terry Waya; Ovation publisher, Dele Momodu; and an actor, Uti Nwachukwu, have been lending their support for her.

One of @DeleMomodu's tweets reads, "When I said days ago that winning BBN is not a matter of life & death and no reason for bitterness & a loser may become greater than whoever wins the game, I was attacked by those who don't know that experience is the best teacher. We are with you all the way and we have some plans ongoing. Stay strong, keep soaring @RealKiddwaya & @EricaNlewedim."

Nwachukwu's post said, "We witnessed with broken hearts as our favourite said some really hurtful words towards Laycon and subsequently Prince. Laycon, thank you for not also reacting emotionally. It could have been worse and ended up being a violent altercation. There's a popular saying that you beat with one hand and draw close with another.

"There is no way to justify what happened but just to say please forgive. This is not a campaign, just to genuinely apologise to Laycon, Prince and their fans for all she said and did last night. To err is human and to forgive is divine. Elite, Icons, and Royal Armies please let us extend the olive branch to each other and act with love….''

Despite her eviction from the reality show, Erica is still trending on social media platforms and currently the second most followed housemate on Instagram.


Dunamis G.O, Pastor Paul Enenche Blasts Daddy Freeze calls him a “Mad Dog”

Posted: 14 Sep 2020 01:00 AM PDT

The General Overseer of Dunamis International Christian Centre, Pastor Paul Enenche has slammed OAP, Daddy Freeze over his attacks on Nigerian pastors.

According to him, Daddy Freeze is a mad dog who is suffering from bipolar disease.

The Dunamis pastor was reacting to a trending video where the OAP described Bishop David Oyedepo of Living Faith Church as a "baldheaded fowl."

The clergyman also stressed that the OAP has no moral values and respect, and lacks good parental upbringing.

He warned that Daddy Freeze risked the wrath of God if he continues attacking pastors in the country.

According to Enenche: "At this moment, it is imperative for us to address certain issues for the sake of upcoming generations. Otherwise, when evil is allowed to persist, it would be viewed as good.

"In Act 23:5, when Paul the Apostle spoke in a careless way, regarding the high Priest Ananias and his attention was drawn, he immediately withdrew his word and apologised.

"The culture of respect is also a deeply-rooted African culture. So strong that in parts of this country, in the west, children prostrate to greet fathers and elders.

According to him, he's not the first to call someone a mad dog, "Jesus did that first; he called Herod a wild dog – a fox", Enenche noted.

"I said MAD DOG because that is spot diagnoses. Spot diagnoses is a situation whereby you know a sickness by just looking at the patient without even asking any questions. What he is exhibiting a is mad behavior.

"That is schizophrenia, schizophrenic behavior. That is mania. That is bipolar disorder. That is attention seeking psychopathic disorder. A man looking for attention by all means, trying to pull down people who have built values over the years."

Enenche also backed the Pastor David Ibiyeomie of Salvation Ministries for calling Daddy Freeze a bastard.

He then advised Daddy Freeze to start a church and work towards its success since he was so interested in pastoring.

Watch video below;


Previous
Next Post »