Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Bovi and wife celebrate their wedding anniversary with beautiful family photos

Posted: 22 Sep 2020 01:00 AM PDT

Ace comedian, Bovi Ugboma, and his wife, Kris, are celebrating their 11th wedding anniversary today September 19. The couple got married in 2009 and have three lovely children.

Taking to her page to celebrate Bovi, Kris wrote

"K A U
I am Kris Asimonye Ugboma
I am EVERYWOMAN.
Every woman has a name before Marriage,
Maiden Name they call it,
A name Everywoman holds dear,
Many hold close,
Some never never let go.
Marriage, the Union that can either solidify who you are as a person OR break who you are meant to be.
Husband of mine, the one who extended his name to me.
Soul of my soul,
Wind beneath my wings,
Flesh of my flesh,
Oh how blessed I am to be married to this goldmine of mine!
Everyday so far in this nuptial union, THIS WOMAN rejoices!
Husband of mine ,So secure in who he is,
Completely Unperturbed by my continued use of Maiden name..
Unmoved by conventional ways,
In fact, Husband of mine encourages my use of maiden name!
The Feminist man!!
My husband Bovi!!
Happy anniversary my king!! My special gift!!"

See more photos below;









Photo of Regina Daniels with her Co-Wife, Laila and their Kids

Posted: 22 Sep 2020 12:30 AM PDT

Nigerian billionaire, Prince Ned Nwoko shared pictures that captured Regina Daniels together with her co-wife, Laila and their kids.

The businessman shared the photos on his Instagram page with the caption:

"Family time"

View this post on Instagram

Family time.

A post shared by Prince Ned Nwoko (@princenednwoko) on

Davido shares facetime session with Obaseki to celebrate his victory in Edo state

Posted: 22 Sep 2020 12:00 AM PDT

DMW General, David Adeleke, better known as Davido has taken to social media to react to Obaseki's victory in the just concluded Edo governorship elections.

This comes after Obaseki maintained an early lead with over 50 thousand votes gap.

Godwin Obaseki, governorship candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) dusted his All Progressives Congress (APC) rival, Osagie Ize-Iyamu, with over 14,000 votes, the PDP candidate also added over 36,000 votes to the gap in his early win.

Reacting to this, Davido took to micro blogging platform, Twitter to celebrate with Obaseki.

See his post below;


Rita Dominic Pictured with the Family of Late Ibidunni Ighodalo

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:30 PM PDT

Popular Nollywood actress, Rita Dominic has visited the family of the late beauty queen, Ibidunni Ighodalo.

It could be recalled that the former beauty queen died mysteriously in her hotel in Port Harcourt on June 14 this year.

Her death really sent waves of shocks down the spines of all Nigerians. Taking to her Instagram handle, Rita shared photos of her visit and in the photos was Nollywood actress, Kate Henshaw.

Check out the photos below;



Kemi Olunloyo – “Why I Will Never Marry Until The Day I Die”

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 11:00 PM PDT

Controversial Nigerian journalist, Kemi Olunloyo has finally revealed why she will not marry until she leaves the surface of the earth.

Kemi made this known in a new post on social media by warning young people not to commit their lives into such foolishness called marriage. She continued to say when Erica and Kiddwaya were in the BBNaija House, they behaved as though they couldn't wait to get married but Kiddwaya is playing a different tune now after his eviction.

Kemi says this is enough to tell all and sundry that marriage is not worth it. She wrote: What you see is not what you get. I will never marry in my life. God forbid foolishness. Young ladies avoid marriage. See Terry Waya planning 2 weddings for #kiddrica and when they come out #kiddwaya can't even stand to hear her name he walks off an interview…#marriageisascam".

AY Comedian declares support for Ozo, says the BBN housemate will be a good son-in-law

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 10:30 PM PDT

Nigerian comic actor AY Comedian has revealed he would prefer an Ozo as a son-in-law and appreciates him because he loves his daughter so much.

According to him, he will personally appreciate his uncommon and limited disposition of affection and tolerate his weakness.

AY Comedian also revealed that a man like Ozo's unconditional love never fails any test and it can struggle but can never be broken.

To him, he will accept such a man as his son-in-law because aside from his weakness he's going to be a very great man who will love his daughter so much.

screenshot below;

Lady blasts Erica for partying with Kiddwaya says “Erica your brand is bigger than Kiddwaya, stop allowing him use you for clout”

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 10:00 PM PDT

Nigerian lady, Nelo Lilian has slammed former Big Brother Naija housemate, Erica for making first public appearance with Kiddwaya and allowing him use her for 'clout'.

She wrote;

"Erica you shouldn't have made your first appearance for Kidd to use you for clout. Why did your manager allow you go to that party? It's like you don't know your value.

You have to strategize with your manager and start cashing out away from Kidd because Erica's brand is bigger than Kidd. You should be cashing out with your first appearance not to impress Kidd that don't want to claim you in public.

You have to put love aside and start cashing out with your appearances. Kidd is very smart and has seen Erica's fan base and wants to use you to shine. Can't you see Mercy and Tacha's first appearance last year? Ike was the one following Mercy around not the other way round"

Kanye West shares disturbing tweet about getting murdered

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 09:00 AM PDT

Kanye West is at it again as he shares yet another disturbing tweet about getting murdered.

The billionaire rapper also hinted about plans to take his daughter away from him.

The billionaire rapper took to his Twitter page on Friday, September 18, 2020, where he hinted about getting murdered and his daughter taken away from him.

"Northy I'm going to war and putting my life on the line and if I get murdered never let any white media tell you I wasn't a good man...when people threaten to take you out of my life just know I love you," he tweeted.


The rapper's latest tweet is coming on the heels of the post he shared a few days ago where he was spotted urinating on one of his numerous Grammy awards.

This is not the first time West will be sharing a disturbing tweet about his family on social media.

Recall in July when he called out his wife on social media for meeting with rapper, Meek Mill at the Waldorf hotel.


"They tried to fly me in with 2 doctors to 51/50. I have been trying to get divorced since Kim met Meek at the Waldorf for 'prison reforms.' I got 200 to go," he tweeted.


He went to reveal that Meek handled the hotel situation well because of the respect he has for him.

He later deleted the tweets.

Kim later took to her Instagram page where she revealed that her husband was bipolar.

She appealed to everyone to support her family as they struggle with the music star's illness.

Dr Dre's estranged wife Nicole Young files lawsuit against him, claims to be co-owner of his trademark name

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 08:00 AM PDT

The drama between Dr Dre and his estranged wife, Nicole Young seems to be getting messier as she has filed a lawsuit against him.

Nicole says Dre secretly removed her name from the valuable trademarks after kicking her out of their mansion.

According to PageSix, Young is suing the Beats impresario in a California court, claiming that she co-owns the trademark to his name as well as his landmark album, "The Chronic."

Young in the document filed before the court alleges that Dre "secretly" transferred the valuable trademarks to a holding company after, she claims, he kicked her out of their home earlier this year.

The document states that Dre was "caught secretly transferring valuable trademarks he owned with his wife to a newly created asset holding company that he created and controlled after he expelled his wife from their home, and before he threatened to file divorce."


Dre and Nicole have been at loggerheads since the news broke about their divorce.

Young filed the paperwork for their divorce on Monday, June 29, citing the usual irreconcilable differences as the reason for her split from the hip-hop mogul.

The couple got married in 1996 and are blessed with two adult children, Triuce and Truly.

Young was formerly married to NBA player, Sedale Threatt, and is a trained lawyer.

Blogger Linda Ikeji spoils herself with 85 pairs of shoes to mark 40th birthday

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 07:00 AM PDT

Linda Ikeji turned forty on Saturday, September 19, 2020, and to mark the special day, she got herself 85 pairs of shoes.

The blogger says she couldn't stop shopping, hence the decision to buy 85 designer shoes and bags.

The media mogul took to her Instagram page where she showed off the designer's shoes.

According to her, she wanted to get just 40 shoes but couldn't stop buying more of the shoes as she was blown away by their beauty.


"OK, let's do this! Hehe. Surrounded by my birthday present from myself to myself. I was going to buy 40 designer shoes to celebrate turning 40 and then I started shopping and couldn't stop! 😭😭. Too many beautiful shoes to select from so I ended up buying 85 pairs...😂😂," she captioned the photo.

View this post on Instagram

OK, let's do this! Hehe. Surrounded by my birthday present from myself to myself. I was going to buy 40 designer shoes to celebrate turning 40 and then I started shopping and couldn't stop! 😭😭. Too many beautiful shoes to select from so I ended up buying 85 pairs...😂😂. (80 in the pic, 5 on da way). And yes, I bought all of them at the same gaddem time! 😭😭. Who does that? 😳😳, ME, that's who! 🤣🤣🤣. . I'm so grateful, so thankful, so happy! Happy birthday to me! 🤩🤩🤩. P.S, These photos don't do the shoes justice #bottegaveneta #louboutin #saintlaurent #manoloblahnik #aquazzura #lesilla #aminamuaddi #malonesouliers #gianvotorossi #sophiawebster #alexanderwang #guiseppezanotti #fenti #miumiu #jimmychoo #balmain #versace #renecaovilla #dsquared2 #alevi #moschino #balenciaga #farfetch #saksfifth #neimanmarcus

A post shared by Linda Ikeji (@officiallindaikeji) on


"(80 in the pic, 5 on da way). And yes, I bought all of them at the same gaddam time! 😭😭. Who does that? 😳😳, ME, that's who! 🤣🤣🤣. I'm so grateful, so thankful, so happy! Happy birthday to me! 🤩🤩🤩. P.S, These photos don't do the shoes justice."

View this post on Instagram

Ok, here we go again..lol. Surrounded by my birthday present from myself to myself. I was going to buy 40 new designer bags to celebrate turning 40. And then I started buying...and well, these bags are bladdy expensive so I stopped at 35 😅😅. (32 in the photo and 3 on da way). And yes, I bought them all at the same gaddem time! 😭😭 . Dear God, forgive me! 🤣🤣🤣. But money is meant to be spent, right? 😜. I know I'm one of the lucky ones and I dont take my blessings for granted. Happy birthday to me! 🤩🤩🤩 . #chanel #fendi #bottegaveneta #ysl #gucci #balenciaga #louisvuitton #Christiandior #dolceandgabbana #valentino #óscardelarenta #miumiu #balmain #farfetch #saksfifth

A post shared by Linda Ikeji (@officiallindaikeji) on


That wasn't all, as she went on to share more photos of the designer bags she got to celebrate her special day.

Ikeji is a Nigerian blogger, writer, entrepreneur, and former model.

Veteran Actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo undergoes surgery days after being called to bar

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 06:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actor, Kanayo O. Kanayo has undergone a major nasal surgery days after being called to bar.

The movie star says he had a successful nasal surgery.

The movie star took to his Instagram page on Friday, September 18, 2020, where he shared a video after the successful surgery.

"Thank God for a successful Nasal Surgery Today! Join me in thanking God!" he captioned the video.


Kanayo's surgery is coming days after he got called to the bar.

The movie star made this known via his Instagram page on Tuesday, September 15, where he shared a photo of himself wearing the traditional robe and wig.

Kanayo studied law at the University of Abuja, Abuja.

The movie veteran joins the growing list of celebrities who are lawyers.


Born Anayo Modestus Onyekwere, the movie star, made his debut movie appearance in the Nollywood classic, Living in Bondage.

He has gone on to feature in over a hundred movies in his career which has spanned in nearly 3 decades.

He is currently a United Nations ambassador and bears the title of MFR which was awarded to him by the Nigerian government in 2013

Regina Daniels – “I dont need anyone to understand me”

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 05:30 AM PDT

A fan of young Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels has gone awol after seeing these latest photos shared by the actress.

The actress took to her Instagram handle to share some photos and this fans who couldn't resist her beauty told her to spit on him.

Sharing the photo, Regina wrote;

"I don't need you to understand me. I need you not to turn away when you don't 🤍"



Wizkid ‘No Stress’ is No1 in Nigeria & the US World Chart according to ITunes

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 05:00 AM PDT

Wizkid released his most recent single 'No stress' on Thursday and the song has debuted number in the on Apple music in Nigeria and also number 1 on the US iTunes chart (world).

His 'Made in Lagos' album is set to be released on the 15th of October 2020.



President Buhari’s media aide, Bashir Ahmad set to wed

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 04:30 AM PDT

Bashir Ahmad, Special Assistant to President Muhammadu Buhari on New Media is set to tie the nuptial knots with his heartthrob.

The presidential aide will be getting married to his partner, Naeemah Junaid on September 25 at GRA Juma'at Mosque in Katsina.

Making announcement of his wedding, Bashir tweeted;

The long-awaited day is here!


@Naeeemah_x and I are delighted to invite you to our Wedding Fatiha on Sept. 25, 2020 at GRA Juma'at Mosque, Katsina. Time: 2PM. If you are unable to attend due to any personal circumstance, kindly include us in your prayers. Thank you. #NB2020

BBNaija2020: Ka3na and Lucy serve friendship goals in new rear photos

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 04:00 AM PDT

The friendship between former housemates of the Big Brother Naija Lockdown show, Lucy and Ka3na have blossomed into something amazing.

Ka3na was evicted before Lucy, matter of fact, she was the first evictee from the game. During her stay in the house, the duo grew a bond that has gone on to be so real even after their eviction.

Known as the boss lady, the mum of one can barely get over her new friendship with Lucy which she describes as sincere.

In a long letter, she stated that Lucy is someone who will hold you while you cry, and beat up the person who made you tear up…

Check on it:

Dear Lucy ,

There's so much I want to say to you.. Right now writing this I'm so scared to express how much I value our friendship..
I know you sincerely care about me.., you did while on the show in the eyes of the world and still do outside their eyes.., There's so much I would like to say and do with you but I still want to be sure this is actually REAL!


All my life I've wanted that one friendship that would mean more.. Someone who is never shy to show off our friendship.., Someone who is ever ready to give up the rest of the housemates to have me back.., Someone who will rather give up Wager task than to watch the housemates portray Ka3na wrongly 😉😊 Oh My Lucy @lucyedetofficial I can go on and on…

I went on the show with one goal which was to sell my name (Ka3na) But I got lucky😊😊 God blessed me with a girlfriend so pure and true❤️

You're the person that someone can only live without, if they've never lived with them before. You light up every room, and lift up every single person around you. People need you.

Because you'll hold them while they cry, and then be ready to beat down the person that made them cry ten minutes later. You'll make them laugh even when they're sad and you'll forgive them for what they said when they were mad..

Ladies n Faithful Men, Meet My Friendship @lucyedetofficial
Guys you better not gossip this diva right here to me cos I will expose you Periodtt 😍😍

Lucy also wrote:


They say 2 wrongs don't make a right, apparently, 2 craze make one cool, you're very awesome and anyone who doesn't see that needs to visit an optician, I love you dearly @official_ka3na, and I would trade a thousand people for you and you know this, you look out for me so much its amazing, you own my heart anyday, it's not about the length of time I've known you, more the quality of it, every moment spent with you is precious and priceless. Now let's chop this life…
#Lucination #bossnation
@royalty_photography_ng
@kd_beautee

Seun Kuti says parents who are being insulted over Ferrari deserve the insult

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:30 AM PDT

Legendary Afrobeat musician Seun Kuti has said parents whose children insulted them online because they did not buy them Ferrari deserve every bit of the insult.

Recall that some Nigerian youths insulted their parents because they could not buy them Ferrari like billionaire businessman Femi Otedola did for his three daughters recently.

The youngest son of the father of Afrobeat, Fela Anikulapo Kuti, said the insulted parents deserve every bit of the insult because they did not raise their children well.

The musician took to his Instagram story to share his thoughts, saying kids who can insult their parents because of Ferrari were not raised the way they out to have been raised.

He wrote: "If you're insulting your parents because of Ferrari, then they deserve it, they raised you wrong, so wrong!! Insult them more jare."


Cardi B explains why she Filed for Divorce from Offset

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 03:00 AM PDT

World famous rapper, Cardi B has explained why she filed for divorce from her husband of three years and Migos rapper, Offset.

The rap queen during an Insta Live session, on Saturday, disclosed that Offset's infidelity was not the reason for their split.

She also said she did not file for divorce as a publicity stunt for her upcoming album but because they couldn't live together as a couple anymore.

"I have seen all the love and prayers that you guys have been sending me, however, I don't really need it.

" I want to let you all know that I'm okay and I have not shed not one tear.

"Every single time that this guy has been so crazy, and it hits the media, I'm always crying, always sad because I don't like that type of energy.


"But this time, it's different because I wasn't crying.

"You want to know why? The reason for my divorce is not because of any of that stuff that ever happened before.

"It's also not because of cheating because I'm seeing people be like, 'Oh, he has a baby on the way.

"That's a whole complete lie and this is the second time people are trying to pin babies over here.

"The issue is that I just got tired of constant arguments, I got tired of not seeing things eye to eye.

"I felt like things aren't the same anymore, so before anyone actually get cheated on, I rather just leave.

"Nothing crazy out of this world happened, sometimes people really do grow apart.

"I have been with this man for four years, I have a kid with him and also a household.

"Sometimes you're just tired of the arguments and the build up.

"You get tired sometimes and before something bad happens, you leave," she said.


BBNaija2020: Lucy, Kaisha and Wathoni Bag Endorsement Deals

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 02:30 AM PDT

BBNaija evicted housemates, Wathoni, Lucy and Kaisha took to their respective social media pages to announce that they have bagged brand endorsement/ambassadorial deals.

An excited Lucy who bagged a deal with a real estate company said: "Meet the Brand Ambassadors for @Crostonhomes, the star boy and fashion entrepreneur @thereallordmaine & yours truly."

See her post below:


Similarly, single mother of one Wathoni shared the news that she bagged an ambassadorial deal with a media outlet. She said:

"Hello fanmily! I'm super excited to announce my endorsement as the lastest Brand Ambassador for MORE, Africa's favourite microblogging, and social media platform."

See post below:


Also sharing the good news of an endorsement deal, Kaisha said:

"I feel blessed today and I am super excited to be the latest Ambassador to @dreamhairnija my hair game is about to be lit no dulling moment #kaishans follow @dreamhairnija let's slay good with affordable hairs together."

See her post below:

Toke Makinwa – A Girl Who Has Experienced Love From Her Father Can’t Be Washed

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 02:00 AM PDT

Media personality, Toke Makinwa is of the opinion that a girl who receives love from their father can't be easily deceived by men.

According to Toke, girls like that have little "daddy issues" and are in-charge of their emotional and mental state. She added that they can't be "washed" by guys because they've heard everything from their father.

She tweeted;


"If a girls first introduction to love is from her dad, chances of "daddy issues" are slimmer, her emotional well-being and mental stability is.

Imagine a guy trying to wash you when all you've heard all your life from your father is you are awesome. Zero chance"

See her post below;



Toyin Abraham – It’s Tough To Move On When A Marriage Crashes

Posted: 21 Sep 2020 01:30 AM PDT

Toyin Abraham is undoubtedly one of the most popular actresses in Nigeria at the moment. The award-winning role interpreter, who is married to Kolawole Ajeyemi, and blessed with a baby boy, Ire, recently shared a few thoughts on the institution of marriage.

In a video she shared on her YouTube channel and monitored by Saturday Beats, the 'Alakada' star noted that marriage had no manual, adding that what worked for a person might not work for another. She said, "I want everyone to know there is no manual for marriage and we are not going to get married to the same man. Even if we get married to the same person, we don't have the same attitude. Marriage counsellors will only tell you the things necessary in life. We must be patient. My husband is Kola but I cannot tell you how to live with your own man― someone I have not lived with. Even a man that marries more than one wife would not treat them the same way. The way the wives relate to their husband will also be very different. I cannot tell you about marriage but the two things I can tell you will help you not only in your marriage but in your relationship right now.


"You need to be patient (because) sometimes, our husbands can be annoying. To stay married, your patience must be topnotch. Secondly, you have to respect your man. I am an African woman and I am also educated though I might not be as learned as some people. You have to respect your man. Lastly, your marriage has to come first. These are the things that are important even while relating with other people. I usually tell people that marriage is very sensitive. Sometimes, when marriages crash and people advise the couple to 'move on', they think it is very easy to move on. You think it is easy? Marriage is deeper than what a lot of people out there think. You need to be submissive and respect your husband. I cannot say much about marriage because it does not come with a manual. I might marry a particular man and he might behave badly to me and another person could marry the same man and he might be good to her. I am still young in marriage but what has been working for me is that I respect and honour my husband."

Previous
Next Post »