Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Comedian, Seyi Law - “Even With 3 Daughters, I’ll Be Satisfied”

Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:30 AM PST

Popular Nigerian comedian, Seyi Law, has said that even if he ends up having three (3) daughters and no male, that he will be satisfied.

According to him, he intends to stop after welcoming a third child regardless of the gender, as he is not one of those men who prefer male children to female ones.

The ace stand-up comedian gave these details in a recent exclusive interview with Sunday Scoop over the weekend.

Talking about his baby which he recently welcomed, the comedian stated that the pregnancy was not shrouded in secrecy but he wanted her to enjoy the nine-month journey on her terms.

In his words, "Some celebrities keep their pregnancies secret but that is not it for me. I hold my family dearly and I am always proud to show them off. There was really no reason we did make my wife's pregnancy known to the public.

"A woman's body changes during pregnancy and she may not want to be so out there at those times. We did not hide my wife's pregnancy. I just did not want to post her photos. I wanted her to enjoy her pregnancy. It was not about me but her. She is on social media but does not post much.


"2020 was a wholesome year for me. Many lives were lost but I had an addition to my family and I am very grateful to God. Posting pictures of my wife and children is my way of showing gratitude to God for the beautiful things He has given me.

"The birth of my second child was the icing on the cake for me. At some point last year, some people could even have contracted COVID-19 unknowingly but miraculously got well. I lost several family members in 2020 but December ended well. Despite the ones we lost in the past (miscarriages), before and after Tiwa. In fact, we should have had a child last year but we lost it due to a medical condition. I don't know about anyone else but I am thankful."

When asked if he was there during the delivery of his new daughter, Seyi Law said, "Unfortunately, I could only watch the delivery on phone. I was not there physically with her. Her friend was there, so we had a video call.

"My wife had been schooling in the United Kingdom since 2019 and she had the baby there. I am not one of those men who prefer male children to females. I just want to have three children, then stop, though that is still open to discussion.

"Having Tiwa made me bond better with girls. I don't know about boys at all. I f I have three girls, I am satisfy. I love this experience. I cannot wait for Tiwa to be grown enough to go on outings with me. I am sure some people would be jealous because I have seen admirable daughter/father relationships and they were a wonder to behold."

Davido shares emotional story of a fan who survived depression because of him

Posted: 04 Jan 2021 12:00 AM PST

Popular Nigerian artiste, David Adeleke, alias Davido, has taken to social media to share an emotional story of one of his fans who went through depression but survived because of him.

The FEM crooner shared narrated this in a recent post he shared on his instastories via his Instagram page.

The fan who survived depression and frustration in 2020 pleaded with the singer never to stop posting on his instastories as they were sources of relief.

Seeing the fan's story, the music maestro reposted the story and captioned it "This touched me" with a love emoji attached to it.

See post below;

[Video]: Senator Dino Melaye mocks haters says, 'If my success pains you, go and work hard'

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:30 PM PST

Controversial Nigerian senator, Dino Melaye has told haters to go and work hard and stop envying his success which he got through hard work.

The former senator representing Kogi-West senatorial district passed this message in a video he uploaded on his verified Instagram page today, January 3, 2021.

According to him, those who work hard deserve to "chop hard", and further added that his wealth and success are from God and thus people should not hate on him but rather channel their grievances to God.

Watch video below…

Meanwhile, in another news, Nigerian singer, Davido has shared an emotional story of one of his fans who survived depression because of him.

2baba's daughter Olivia gets new PS5 from parents on her birthday

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 11:00 PM PST

Legendary Nigerian singer, 2Face Idibia and his wife, Annie Macaulay have gifted their daughter, Olivia, a brand new PS5 for her 7th birthday.

Olivia who recently underwent leg surgery in the Dubai province of the United Arab Emirates, turned a new age today, January 3rd.

Her mother, Annie, took to the instastories section of her page and showered praises on her while referring to her as the bravest kid.

Nigerian sensational artiste, 2Face later known as 2Baba, also took to his official Instagram page to celebrate his little angel who just turned 7.

2Baba wrote on Instagram, "My baby growing real fast. BIRTHDAY BLESSINGS. @officialoliviaidibia She don use teeth buy akara"

To make her 7th birthday a memorable one for Olivia, 2Baba and Annie got her a brand new PlayStation5 which they said she has been begging them to get for her for a whilenow.

Watch video that captured moment Olivia received her surprise birthday gift below;

Koko Master Dbanj welcomes second child with wife

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:30 PM PST

Popular singer, Dapo 'Dbanj' Oyebanjo has welcomed a second child with his dearest wife, Lineo Didi Kilgrow after losing a son two years ago.

In an Instagram post, Dbanj penned a heartfelt note eulogising his wife for safely bring their baby into the world.

Sharing photos, he wrote;

"As I Hold My Daughter, My Own babylet In my Arms On This Day all the proof in God I need is in Her Eyes, you are a gift from the heavens and my God indeed honored His words in Psalms 65:11


And to my Beautiful Wife lineo , I watched how you changed by the day and I marvelled at your strength. I couldn't imagine the stress you had to go through carrying another human in a body . But You taught me what real strength is as you endured every kick and change just to give us our baby girl,while still Taking care of all of us.

You are wonderful love and a Rare Gem 💎 I'm grateful I get to wake up to you. You have proven yet again that you are unmistakably one of the best gifts God has ever blessed me with.

I love you.Happy New year .2021 is full of GRACE 🚀🚀🚀🚀🙏🙏🙏🙏 Zane your Little sister is here!"

Nollywood Actress Ini Dima-Okojie Shares Her Struggles With Fibroid After Successful Surgery

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 10:00 PM PST

After staying away from social media for a longtime, Nollywood actress Ini Dima-Okojie has returned to her social media page and explained the reason for her absence.

The seasoned actress revealed that she had been battling fibroid and had to go through an urgent medical procedure at the hospital.

In a post shared on her IG page, the much-loved actress disclosed that she first discovered that she had fibroid in 2017. She, however, said that a gynaecologist she saw at the time advised her to leave it alone if it wasn't posing any challenge.


"I found out I had fibroids in 2017, I remember freaking out so much. The first gynaecologist I saw said if it wasn't really bordering me he would advice I leave it alone but that I had better go and quickly get married." However, Ini said in March 2020, the fibroid started protruding and a new gynaecologist recommended surgery to correct the situation. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 pandemic at the time made it impossible to proceed with the surgery. In November, the actress was forced to undergo the surgery as the bulge in her tummy had gotten even bigger.

"Now fast forward to November, the bulge in my tummy had now increased significantly so I decided to go do another pelvic scan & was told I had to get an MRI cos the fibroids were now bigger than what the ultrasound machine could adequately measure. Bottom line I had to have the surgery as soon as possible."

The actress went on to disclose that her surgery was successful. She also gave thanks to God for healing her. Ini accompanied her post with a video showing her time in the hospital.


How Nengi received New Range Rover SUV Gift from Fans on her birthday

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:30 PM PST

Fans of the popular ex-beauty queen, Nengi Rebecca Hampson has gifted their favourite a brand new Range Rover SUV on her 23rd birthday.

Nengi who celebrated her birthday on the new year's day with a giant cake stuffed with naira notes also drove a Range Rover home.



The ex-Big Brother Naija reality star had however received countless gifts a day before her birthday.


Nengi uncovered the brand new car on her Instagram live video.

Wizkid to Patoranking: “Abeg, you gats perform ‘Abule’ for my wedding”

Posted: 03 Jan 2021 09:00 PM PST

Famous Nigerian singer, Wizkid has pleaded with his colleague and reggae dancehall artiste, Patoranking to perform his hit song, 'Abule' at his wedding.

All indications have shown that the self-acclaimed Starboy seems to have fallen in love with the song as his plea is coming few days after he tweeted that Abule is a hard jam.

Again, Wizkid has shown his love for Abule after Patoranking posted a video of him performing the hit song at Hennessy Artistry 2020 virtual event.

In his comment on the post, Wizkid begged Patoranking to kindly consider performing "Abule" on his wedding day.

In response to Baba Nla's pea, Patoranking assured him that his wish has been granted as he replied "Say no more, my suit dey drycleaner".

See the video of Patoranking performing Abule which attracted Wizkid's attention below…



Previous
Next Post »