Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Rapper Erigga: 75% of Nigerian men would prostitute if given the chance

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:30 PM PST

Nigerian rapper, Erigga, is of the opinion that 75% of Nigerian men would prostitute if given the chance.

The singer recently took his Twitter platform and wrote:

75% of Nigerian men go do Ashawo if them give them chance Face with tears of joyRolling on the floor laughing!!!! So Pls stop slut shaming


In swift reactions, Nigerians reacted to his tweet.

Read some comments below:


[video]: Bobrisky tells boyfriend – I cannot have your baby, I am not a girl

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 11:00 PM PST

Nigerian cross-dresser, Idris 'Bobrisky' Okuneye has left fans confused about his gender while showering encomiums on his boyfriend for lavishing so much money on him.

According to the self acclaimed "number 1 runs girl in Nigeria", he can't have a baby for his boyfriend yet he spoils him with gifts and millions of naira so much that he has not even touched his own bank account this year.

Bobrisky appreciated his boyfriend deeply and prayed nothing bad happens to him else he will not be able to do anything meaningful with his life because his boyfriend is his life.


"I cannot have your baby… i am not a girl… yet you love me," he said.

Video below:


Oritsefemi’s former manager, Kara & his wife Nabila share more insight into their marital woes

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:30 PM PST

Oritsefemi's former manager, The Lady Kara has slammed the singer while taking side with his wife.

Earlier on Monday, Feb 8, Nabila Fash made a revelation that her husband Oritsefemi got intimate with another woman in their home while she was away at work.

This revelation comes weeks after she forgave him and moved back into their home after he apologized publicly for an offense he didn't state and asked her to come back home.

Well, with Nabila now calling out a woman who went to her matrimonial home to sleep with her husband, The Lady Kara has spoken out, revealing she's on Nabila's side while exposing Oritsefemi.

Kara claimed she agreed to manage Oritsefemi only because his wife Nabila begged her to. She claimed she spent her money to fund the singer's tour and did not get a penny back.

She added that she knows that Nabila must gone through much pain for her to bring her personal business to the public.

She wrote:

"I tend to keep quiet in the media… but this time I need to say this publicly for the record. I know where my loyalties lie. @nabila.fash …keep your head up.

"You were the one who begged me to manage him and I did a lot just for you. I spent my money to help fund his tours and did not get a penny paid back or any form of compensation.

"He left me stranded in Europe but thank God I have decent friends in this life globally… I just let that slide because I know how to earn from my other businesses that pay me.

"I kept all the memories and a lot of ugliness quiet from those times not just to protect his career and very diminished brand but to also protect you and your marriage.

"I almost physically fought people and even almost fought him to get him to behave… hmm… and despite everything, I am glad you know i stayed true to our friendship even when we didn't speak.

"I was quiet because I did not want to be the one to cause problems between both of you. A marriage is sacred to me. Pray and focus on the blessings coming your way.

"No one can know your pain or heal you better than God. I am glad we spoke… it is not easy to be married to someone so … er… disrespectful …to not just himself but to God.

"I respected you with my silence … I did my best and it took 3 years for God to open these cans of worms. I now feel free to say this in public.

"I know the agony that drove you to make those posts on Instagram. I don't expect anyone else to. Keep your pain contained. I sympathise with you. I am here for you. It is time to heal … whatever you decide, make God your centre."






BBN’s Ike - It’s easy to give motivational speeches when life is favorable to you

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 10:00 PM PST

BBNaija's Ike Onyema is of the opinion that people tend to share motivational quotes and speeches when life favors them.

The Pepper Dem ex-housemate who is now a blogger shared this thought on his Twitter handle this morning.

"It's far easier to spring up motivational quotes and speeches when life is favorable for you. That Neigbour of yours that's not doing well is not lazy. They're just still early in the process." his tweet reads.


Wizkid and Tems are working on the music video for 'Essence'

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:30 PM PST

On February 7, 2021, news broke that Nigerian superstar, Wizkid and fellow Sony act, Tems are working on their collaboration, 'Essence.'

A few weeks ago, Pulse Nigeria reported that the song found a place on the UK Afrobeats Charts. The song is a fan favourite from Wizkid's Made In Lagos. As of February 8, 2021, the song has 4.9 million streams on YouTube.

You can spot footage from the footage below;


This comes after news that Wizkid and Omah Lay were spotted working with P-Priime.


You can play 'Essence' below;


'Confess to my wife that we had sex' - Oritsefemi fires back at former manager

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 09:00 PM PST

Oritsefemi says he slept with his manager several times during their trips to the United Kingdom.

Oritsefemi has fired back at his former manager, Lady Kara, accusing her of having sex with him.

Lady Kara had revealed that Oritsefemi was cheating on his wife, Nabila Fash.

In a post shared via his Instagram Stories on Tuesday, February 9, 2021, the music star revealed that he cheated on his wife with his former manager.


"As for you Kara hope you don confess to your friend how many times you chop her husband gbola for UK Ozuo. Such a local FESTAC girl with UK passport. Fake ass friend with her puna wen dey smell like dawa dawa. Na why men dey free am after sex," he wrote.

It would be recalled that Kara had taken to Instagram where she showed support for Oritsefemi's wife, Nabila Fash.

The two wrote in unison as they slammed the music star over his philandering lifestyle.

On Monday, February 8, Nabila hinted at another possible crisis in her already rocky marriage to Oritsefemi.

According to her, a woman went to her home to have sex while she was away at work.

In 2020, Oritsefemi and his wife were embroiled in a marriage crisis drama.


It was reported that Fash moved out of their matrimonial home over Oritsefemi's infidelity.

The singer called out his wife's friend and actress, Carolina Danjuma for being the brain behind the crisis in his marriage.

After several name-callings on social media, the music star reconciled with his wife.

Wizkid – “When I would marry, and why I don’t react to controversies”

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 08:00 AM PST

In a new and detailed interview, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun alias Wizkid, has revealed when he would marry and why he doesn't react to controversies around him.

Speaking in an exclusive media chat with ThisDay Newspaper, the self-acclaimed star boy talked family, love life and music.

Made in Lagos' has topped charts and dominated the airwaves globally, how does this make you feel – being #1 again?

"It's a blessing you know and I'm just thankful that I have amazing fans that listen to my music. I feel really blessed, like that's the word – "blessed" there's no other way to describe it."

The album is themed majorly on love and family values – how have these affected the man that Wizkid is today?

"Family is everything to me. That's what influences me and keeps me grounded, especially my sons. They are my purpose in life. It was important for me to put that into the music. I always want to share that love and good vibe because that's simply what keeps me going in life."

When asked which track on the MIL album is his favourite, Wizkid said; "It changes every minute which makes it difficult for me to pick. All the music is very personal to me. Every record means something, so I can't really pick one over the other. All of them are my favourites for various reasons."

Talking about when he would likely drop a new album, he said: "Yes 100% it's going to drop when it's ready. But you see that's the almighty question – when is it gonna be ready? (Laughs). I record every day you know, so I got a lot of music and I'm ready to give my fans more music. It'll definitely drop once it's ready."


Balancing out your roles as family man, hit maker and man of the people sure doesn't seem like an easy feat. How have you managed to pull through?

"I believe everything just falls in place when you're being your true self. I'm a big family man, I love music and I love making people happy. I love to see my close ones happy around me so what I do is just try my best to simply stay grounded. I try not to get caught up. I just try as much as possible to be a normal individual, because that's who we all are at the end of the day. That outlook is what helps to maintain balance in my life. My family comes first, always. Then my music, and my fans come right after that."

You always seem unfazed managing controversies. How easy is it to stay quiet and not explain yourself or tell your side of the story?

"It's very easy. Only a stupid man will go around trying to prove a point to the world and even at that, you'll find that you can't please everyone, that you cannot live off of people's opinions. I think once you understand yourself and your true essence, nothing will faze you, people's opinions won't faze you. I'm just more of a private person, and I handle situations in that manner."

When asked what his plans for Valentine are, Wizkid said "It's family o, I will be with my family. Valentine is about showing love, and not just to family but everyone around. So, I'll be busy spreading love and positive vibes to the people like always."

Asked about when he would marry, Wizkid simply laughed and replied, "Until then o… dem go wait!"

Toyin Abraham – “Stop attributing every woman’s success to men”

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 07:00 AM PST

Nollywood actress, Toyin Abraham has weighed in on rumours surrounding fellow actress, Destiny Etiko's newly purchased Toyota Land Cruiser while using rapper, Ruggedman's tweet as a case study.

Recall Ruggedman had tweeted in reaction to Destiny Etiko's new car, "My male actors in nollywood whats going on? Its just the females that are buying cars and building houses left and right. I wanted to come into nollywood but at this rate, I am not coming again".

Reacting via her Instagram page, Toyin said she understands what Ruggedman was trying to say and finds it saddening that many people seized the opportunity to say derogatory words against female actors.

Toyin said she knows a lot of Nollywood actress who charge in millions in the film industry and that she is one of them. She advised that people should stop attributing women's success to men.

Her words; "I saw the social media post made by respected rapper, Ruggedman about women making more money and doing well better than men. I read between the lines and saw what Ruggedman implied.

"It is a little bit sad that many people on social media leeched on it with many derogatory comments about women especially those of us in Nollywood. It is important that I put this out there that many women make money and make good money legitimately.

"I know actresses who charge 2 million, 3 million and 5 million in this Nollywood. I get paid in millions of naira for gigs. As a a matter of fact, I just paid for a very good car worth millions of Naira and at the same time I know a lot of men in Nollywood who are doing extra ordinarily well and paid in millions.

"The fact that most of these men choose not to make noise on social media do not in any way mean that they are second class citizens in this industry. We need to stop attributing every woman's success to her sexual prowess with men, women deserve the success they have as much as men without attributing it to their sexuality.

"Nollywood women like Bimbo Ademoye, Nancy Isime, Kehinde Bankole, Inidima Okojie , Sharon Ooja, Bisola Aiyeola, are getting paid in millions. Even script writers that are not in the limelight are getting paid in millions. It is disparaging to put the successes of these women within the box of their sexuality.

"A lot of women are doing great things legitimately. I am one of them and so also are many other women in other industries not just the entertainment industry. A woman is more than the sum total of her sexuality.

Toyin Abraham Ajeyemi."

Ikorodu Bois Nominated For America’s Nickelodeon Kids Choice Award

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 06:00 AM PST

Teenage comedian group, Ikorodu Bois has been nominated for an award by the popular American pay television channel, Nickelodeon.

It would be recalled that the group of teen comedians were gifted pieces of equipment by Netflix sometime last year after recreating an American movie trailer that went viral.

Ikorodu Boiz once again brought fame to Nigeria after being nominated as the 'favorite African social media star' in the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice award.


Taking to Twitter to share the announcement, the youngsters wrote;

"Good news! 🕺🏼 we have just been nominated for a Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Award. plssss guys vote for us🙏🏽."


[Video]: Davido to perform alongside Tope Alabi at Church thanksgiving

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 05:00 AM PST

Afrobeat singer and songwriter, Davido Adeleke will be performing at a popular church's thanksgiving service on February 14 alongside gospel singer, Tope Alabi.

As seen in an upcoming event of Primate Ayodele's ministry at the Achievers Cathedral, INRI Evangelical Spiritual Church in Lagos, Davido will be hosted as a performer under the roof of a religious gathering.

According to the information released by the church via their Facebook page, Amb. Per Stefson, world peace president, Denmark will be present too.

"On Sunday, February 14th, the servant of God will be celebrating with dignitaries to mark the auspicious event tagged LIVING IN A PEACEFUL WORLD. On this day he is going to appreciate and support people who has in one way support and make the ministry grow.
The event will be streamed live on our Facebook platform @inrievangelicalspiritualchurch.
Join the experience as its going to be wonderful time with the Lord," the church wrote.

This however sparked controversy across social media networks as Davido is the least expected artiste that would be gracing such an occasion despite not being a gospel singer as Tope Alabi.

[Video]: “E dey pain them” – Destiny Etiko flaunts her car amidst affair rumor

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:30 AM PST

Popular Nollywood actress, Destiny Etiko has flagrantly flaunted her new Toyota Land Cruiser car amidst rumor of buying it from having an affair with a businessman.

It would be recalled that some days ago after the actress gifted herself the brand new luxury car, a blogger alleged that the car came from an oil business mogul whom she is having an affair with.

In reaction, Destiny Etiko shared a video of herself dancing in an offensive way at trolls dragging her for the new ride.

"E better my life E dey pain them ooo chai 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😛😛😛PLS GO HUG TRANSFORMER 😛🤪," she wrote.

[Video]: Laycon reply critics who called him ‘Ikorodu Kendrick Lamar’

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 04:00 AM PST

Fast-rising rapper and songwriter, Laycon Agbeleshe has finally reacted to claims of being a local champion with the name 'Ikorodu Kendrick Lamar.'

In a recent question and answer session, the winner of the 2020 BBNaija reality show dived into the topic as something that does not really bother him.

"I mean dude if I'm going to be the one to put Ikorodu on the map, so be it. But guys, really mehn; you all really concerned about that."

Laycon further mentioned names of popular American singers while attaching them to names of different locations in Lagos just to prove that he is really not bothered.

He added on the Ikorodu Kendrick Lamar name-tag, "the whole point is that they didn't compare me as Lionel Messi and that confirms that they know me as an artiste."

Watch the video below …

Davido speaks on mental health challenges says, “Everybody has gone mad, including himself”

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:30 AM PST

Nigerian music superstar, David Adeleke, popularly known as Davido, has opened up on his mental health struggles.

The self-styled Omo Baba Olowo took to his social media page to share a 10-second clip where he claimed he's gone mad over some issues between last year and this year.

In his words… "I have come to a conclusion, between this year and last year, everybody don craze, including me, everybody don mad. Me self i dey inside."

Watch her video HERE.

Reactions as Mercy Aigbe’s ex-husband shares video of Iyabo Ojo

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 03:00 AM PST

Asiwaju Lanre Gentry, the ex-husband of Nollywood actress, Mercy Aigbe sparked rumors after sharing a TikTok video of his ex's colleague, Iyabo Ojo.

This is coming after Mercy Aigbe was gifted a brand new Range Rover HSE by a friend of hers as a belated birthday gift.

In the Tiktok video shared by the ex-husband, Iyabo Ojo could be heard singing in Yoruba dialect to an evergreen juju song by Chief Commander Ebenezer Obey titled 'Ore Mi E Se Pelepele.' The song loosely translated advises on keeping one's head down especially when the world is cheering the individual's success.

While sharing, Lanre Gentry wrote;

"Thanks for this @iyaboojofespris Happy Sunday my good people."

Watch the video below …

[Video]: Kizz Daniel recovers from undisclosed sickness

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:30 AM PST

Nigerian music superstar, Kizz Daniel has recovered from an undisclosed sickness that left him bedridden for several months.

The singer disclosed on Instagram how he battled with the ailment which made him unable to stand on his feet months ago.

Sharing a video himself at a photo-shoot, Kizz Daniel thanked God for preserving his life while revealing that he could barely walk some months ago.

The caption of his video read, "Couple of months ago, I couldn't even stand 🙏🏽 Praise be to God !!! #FLEX".

See his post below…

Reality star, Nengi bags new endorsement deal with smartphone company, Itel

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 02:00 AM PST

Queen of the Ninjas, Nengi Rebecca Hampson continues to bag endorsement deals upon another as she secures herself the latest offer with a smartphone company, Itel Nigeria.

In a recent announcement by the mobile phone company, Nengi is now the face of numerous smart-devices ranging from Itel earpods, television sets, and others.


Sharing the news via the tech company's Instagram page, it wrote;

"Every moment is a fresh beginning". @itelNigeria is inviting you all to come 'Enjoy Better Life."


Ninjas – fans of the reality star – trooped the page's comment session to congratulate their favorite on the latest win.


See post below;

Davido gifts 10-year-old saxophonist N500k for playing ‘Jowo’ track excellently

Posted: 10 Feb 2021 01:30 AM PST

Music star, Davido Adeleke has gifted the sum of N500K to a 10-year-old saxophonist, Temilayo Abodunrin who played one of his tracks 'Jowo' excellentlly.

In a video that made rounds on Instagram yesterday after being shared by the popular blogger, Tunde Ednut, a young artiste by the name Temilayo Abodunrin displayed her talent by playing O.B.O's track fluently with a saxophone.

This talented young girl was however noticed by Davido who offered to credit the sum of N500K to her account.

Confirming the payment, Temilayo wrote;

"I was also very shocked when @davido sent a dm
Send your account details and in less than 10min….. Alert
Please I want to meet @davido and specially say a BIG THANK YOU.
I AM SHORT OF WORDS
@kingtundeednut is no doubt a King with a heart of Gold."

Previous
Next Post »