Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Videos from Temi Otedola’s birthday getaway with Mr Eazi

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:30 AM PDT

Temi Otedola flew to a private island with her boyfriend Mr Eazi for her birthday.

The fashion influencer, who turned 25 on Saturday, March 20, was filmed enjoying a meal by the pool in a video shared by Mr Eazi.

"Happy 25th birthday Theymee," the words in the pool reads.

Afterwards, they went "fishing" in a boat.


Watch the videos below.


Phyno – “I can stay a year without rapping and I’ll still be good” Rapper brags

Posted: 24 Mar 2021 12:00 AM PDT


Popular rapper and singer, Phyno has bragged about his core fanbase and the support he has drawn from different parts of Nigeria ever since he surfaced the Nigerian musical scene.

In an interview, Phyno disclosed that he can afford to take a break from music for a year, and still be good; with his fame and popularity still intact.

The High Way crooner also talked about how he has accumulated a significant portion of wealth since he began music. He admitted to having transcended beyond a Phyno of zero income to a man of 8 and 9 figures.

Phyno also recalled how he began as a street boy in the East, but today, he has gained immense popularity even in the West.

Watch the video below:


‘They said I changed a lot’ Regina Daniels’ new pretty look

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Nollywood actress, Regina Daniels is has shared photos and video of her new look via her Instagram handle.

Sharing some of the photos, she wrote;

"They said I changed a lot.
I said a lot changed me."

See below;


Quavo allegedly takes back the 2021 Bentley he gifted Saweetie for Xmas after she broke up with him

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 11:00 PM PDT

Migos rapper, Quavo has allegedly taken back the 2021 Bentley convertible he gifted his ex-girlfriend, Saweetie for Christmas after she broke up with him.

Recall in December 2020, Quavo, 29, splashed $350,000 on Bentley convertible for his then rapper girlfriend, 26, for Christmas.

On Friday, March 19, Saweetie announced their break-up on Twitter and suggested that Quavo had been caught cheating.


She wrote in her tweet: I'm single," she wrote. "I've endured too much betrayal and hurt behind the scenes for a false narrative to be circulating that degrades my character. Presents don't band aid scars and the love isn't real when the intimacy is given to other women."

"I emotionally checked out a long time ago and have walked away with a deep sense of peace and freedom," she added in a second tweet. "Excited for this new chapter of elevation."


Shortly after, Quavo shared his own tweets, saying that he had love for her but she isn't the woman he thought she was.

"I know you want to make this into a show so I'll play my part just this one time. I don't normally put my business out there, especially my personal life. I feel the need to address this so there are no false narratives," he wrote.


Media Take Out News has reported that Quavo has repossessed the 2021 Bentley convertible that he "gifted" to Saweetie for Christmas.

A source, who confirmed the new development, explained that "Quavo's no dummy – the Bentley wasn't in her name."

The insiders claims that the Bentley was "leased" in Quavo's name and that the Migos rapper had a deal with the dealership that he could for a fee end the lease early, and the dealership would repossess the car and let him out of the contract.

That's exactly what Quavo did, according to his friend.

The insider continued, "He's not being petty or anything, but she's on Twitter talking sh*t. So he took back the car."

The insider claims that Saweetie's car was taken from outside Saweetie's home – very early on Saturday, March 20.

Samklef apologizes to Simi and Tems over his insensitive comments about them

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:30 PM PDT

Popular Nigerian music producer widely called Samklef has rendered an apology to famous female singer Simi and women after raising insensitive comments about them.

He said;

"Hello everybody! My name is Samuel Oguachuba, aka Samklef. I am doing this video because I really want to apologize to the women out there based on my statement last week. I really apologise for what I said; and to Simi, I really apologise to you too.

"I wish you all the best in life. I am not perfect and I have my emotions too. I am not justifying my actions but I just want to say that I am sorry to everybody for my statement when I said women raised by single women are toxic. I really apologise for that statement and I want you guys to forgive me for my words."

Davido’s brother, Adewale Adeleke says, 'You’re lame if you take back the gift you gave someone'

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Singer, Davido's brother, Adewale Adeleke, says it is lame for people to take back the gifts they gave to someone.

In an apparent reaction to the trend of some men who take back the gifts they gave to women after their relationships pack up, he said he has never done that and never will.

He shared this thought on social media. See below.

Banky W shares some of his experiences as a new dad

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 09:00 AM PDT

Singer and actor, Banky W who welcomed a baby boy with his wife, Adesua, in January 2021, has taken to his Twitter handle to share some of his experiences as a new dad.

See them below…



Davido – I have never collected 1Naira royalties from Mayorkun, Peruzzi & other DMW artistes

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 08:00 AM PDT

Singer Davido recently joined his cousin Sina Rambo on IONWANNATALK podcast and the afrobeat superstar did not leave any stone unturned.

Fielding a question about how he was able to pull off so many international collaborations on his A Better Time album, the singer said it all stems from learning to build a relationship with foreign stars.

Davido noted that for him, it's important to build a friendship first whenever he meets an international superstar before they get to making music or entertaining talks of collaborations.

The singer talked about his relationship with Chris Brown and how it was easy to have him on the project. In the case of Nicki Minaj, Davido once again recounted how he had texted her on a drunk night and she responded to his message.

According to him, after their contact, the rapper sent in her verse for the joint the next day. In a different portion of the interview, the Jowo crooner opened up on dealing with backstabbing and other negativity in the music industry.

Davido made it clear that first, he knows that his manager and lawyer would always protect him regardless of what happens. He also stated that he has had to learn that not everyone is like him.

Also addressing how he has been able to keep his artistes together in DMW, the singer noted that they usually have their bad times but he has learnt how to come down to their level and keep things stable.

Davido also made it clear that he has never collected royalties from Mayorkun, Peruzzi and every other artiste signed to his label.


“I’ll never forget how so many of you prayed that I don’t win” – Burna Boy says he won Grammy on his own

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 07:00 AM PDT

Burna Boy took to Twitter to let a few things off his chest.

The singer, who won his first Grammy on Sunday night, March 14, for the Best Global Music Album, revealed that he did it on his own and his kids will beat their chest some day and say, 'Daddy did it on his own.'

He also said he'll never forget how people prayed for him not to win.

He tweeted: 'My kids will confidently beat their chest and say "Daddy did it on his OWN, We can do it on our own".'


He added: 'When you KNOW yourself. NOBODY can tell you about yourself. KNOW YOURSELVES and never go against yourself.'

He continued: 'GOD is most definitely NOT A MAN. I will never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win. too dumb to understand that you also win if I win. No worry This is just the beginning. God is Great.'

How Temi Otedola goes black for her 25th Birthday

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Fashion influencer and Nollywood actress Temi Otedola is celebrating her 25th birthday with stunning photos of herself in a dramatic all black ensemble and we're loving every bit of the look.

Temi shared the photos on Instagram with the caption, "💎 TWENTY FIVE 💎"






Omah Lay picks Wizkid and Burna Boy over other Nigerian artists

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Fast-rising singer, Omah Lay has shared photos of Grammy award-winners, Wizkid and Burna, with a caption stating that both singers are the wallpaper and screensaver of his phone.

Fans, however, attributed this move to hyping Burna Boy and Wizkid over Davido who stood and fought for him during his arrest in Uganda.

"No disrespect Omah Lay, u are still an upcoming artiste in the music industry so u should be careful how u trend; Don't pick sides, congratulate all Grammy winners cos that's the right thing to do. U don't know tomorrow, the artistes u are snubb!ng may be ur destiny helpers…🙏," a fan wrote.

See more reactions below;



[Video]: Isreal DMW celebrates with drinks after DJ Cuppy’s lawsuit withdrawal

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 05:00 AM PDT

Davido's associate, Isreal DMW has happily reacted to the report of popular Disc Jockey DJ Cuppy dropping the lawsuit filed against him.

Recall that DJ Cuppy had sued Israel DMW for defamation after he claimed that Zlatan wasn't paid for his collaboration of a project with her.

Afterwards, Israel DMW tendered an unreserved apology to DJ Cuppy.

Following his public apology, DJ Cuppy accepted his apology and dropped all charges levelled against him.

Reacting to DJ Cuppy's acceptance, Israel DMW in a new video, said has learned his lesson and thanked her for forgiving him.

Watch the video;

Actress Jaiye Kuti – I Was Shocked At Rumour Of Being Married To Pasuma

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:30 AM PDT

Actress, Jaiye Kuti, has said that she was shocked when she heard the viral rumour that she was married to popular fuji artiste, Wasiu Alabi, aka Pasuma.

Kuti made this known as a guest at Inspire Nigeria Summit, a virtual summit held to motivate young Nigerians.

Asked how she reacts to rumours being peddled about her, the actress said, "There was a time I shot a movie with Pasuma. We had a wedding (in the movie) and the pictures were out there. The next thing I saw in the press was that 'Jaiye Kuti marries Pasuma'. People did not even go to the body of the story to read what was actually there. They just saw the headline and concluded that I had really married Pasuma. When one wants to be great in life, people would say bad things about one. People could say things that could kill one instantly. The beauty of it is that one has one's legs and one can keep going.

"People that are spreading rumours about one won't grow. I have heard shocking stories about me. Some people said I gave birth to Mayowa and Temitope Kuti and their father was Pasuma. I don't have the time to start explaining to everybody that we were only making a movie. I don't explain things to people. When they greet me, they tell me to extend greetings to Pasuma, and I tell them that I will. When last did I see Pasuma? He was paid to work and he left. Rumours are part of what we live on. It is part of what makes us what we are. One has to be strong to take it. It is like an arrow shot at one. One should not let it kill one; rather, one has to keep going."

Kuti also stated that her husband had understanding and supportive despite her busy schedule. She added, "My husband has been so much of a blessing. I have been on locations for months. I have been on the set of a TV series, 'Borokini' for seven months. We only come home on weekends. I come home on Saturdays and return Monday morning. I was away from the house for about seven months on that project. My husband is such a wonderful man, who is very understanding. In relationships, love is not enough. Understanding is what makes a relationship work between a man and his wife; not love. It is that understanding that has kept us going and kept our marriage intact. I have known my husband for 23 years and we have been married for over 20 years. We are still going strong. We are still friends because we understand each other."


Actress Nkechi Blessing – My Husband Trusts Me. I Gave Birth And No One Knew

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 04:00 AM PDT

Actress, Nkechi Blessing, has had her fair share of controversies, thanks to her voluptuous shape and outspoken nature.

However, as 'loud' as the actress could be, she maintained that she kept her marriage off social media for privacy and spiritual reasons.

She told Saturday Beats, "My marriage is the part of my life I wanted to be quiet about. I know that I have always been loud about all my relationships but I also like and deserve privacy too. I only show people what I want them to see. It is my marriage and everyone should not know who I am married to. My husband does not like social media. Before some people bombard him with messages on social media, looking for what is not lost. He does not even comment on my Instagram posts. I know I am a loud person but even spiritually, it is advisable not to always have too much buzz around everything one does. I gave birth and no one knew until they saw my child. Everything is possible as long as one has people who are not selling one out. It is one's friends that often sell one out, and once one cuts that down, one's secret would be safe.

"My husband knows what I can do and he is not bothered about gossips he reads online. He is what people call the 'ginger partner'. He knows the truth about me and that is why I can be unapologetic of my actions. I think it is important for one to marry an understanding partner."

The bubbly actress also stated that her greatest fear was losing her mother. She said, "Of course, I have fears and down moments. My greatest fear is losing my mum. I don't ever want to lose her. In fact, if it is possible to keep her for life, I will do that. I also do not have any insecurity. I am always confident in myself. I don't entertain any insecurity. The only time things get to me is when false claims are peddled about me. Most of the things that go viral about me are not true. But, I always resist the urge to give a detailed explanation to defend myself. I also wonder why rumour mongers do not allow me to be. Why would people twist a story to entertain their audience. But, this is the life I signed up for and I had already prepared my mind for it. I have also learnt from some of the people I am close friends with. I know and see what they have also been through at the hands of bullies and trolls."


Burna Boy Promises Haters More Wins

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Damini Ebunoluwa Ogulu, known professionally as Burna Boy, has promised to disappoint his haters with more wins, following his recent successful outing at the Grammys.

In a series of tweets on Saturday, the Afro-fusion star also admonished his fans to believe in themselves, pointing to his strides as an example.

He wrote in one of the tweets:

"GOD is most definitely NOT A MAN. I will never forget how so many of you prayed that I don't win. Too dumb to understand that you also win if I win. No worry this is just the beginning. God is Great."

Singer, Mayorkun Replies Pregnant Lady Who Honoured Him With Tattoo

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 03:00 AM PDT

Davido Music Worldwide signee, Mayorkun, has responded to the pregnant young lady who recently tattooed his face on her baby bump.

The lady had shared the picture of her baby bump with Mayorkun's face to showcase her adoration for the 'Eleko' singer.

"Favorite artist", the lady captioned the image.

Reacting to the female fan's gesture, Mayorkun shared his excitement, reposted the image on his Instagram Stories and wrote "Yooo! crazyyyyyy".

Having celebrities' names, faces tattooed on bodies of fans is now a common thing in Nigeria. Recently, Bobrisky rewarded a fan with some amount of money for inking him on her body.

Also, Big Brother Naija's contestant Ka3na lambasted a fan who tattooed her name on her body, however, later acknowledge her.

Some say that majority of the fans tattooing celebrities' names or faces do so for personal gains and attention.

Naira Marley Shocked As New Provocative Single ‘Gets’ Banned

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:30 AM PDT

Street-hop star, Naira Marley, expresses shock after his new single, 'Coming', was allegedly banned by the National Broadcasting Corporation (NBC).

The new offensive track, 'Coming', featuring renowned South African singer-songwriter and poet, Busiswa, made its way to the public domain on Thursday, March 18, 2021.

Naira Marley is notorious for infusing obscene visuals, and lewd languages into his music, hence it won't be coming as a surprise if NBC stopped such material from further distribution.

Reacting to the news, apparently in shock, Naira Marley took to twitter to ask his followers if NBC indeed banned his latest track. "Wait, they banned my song (coming) already? Haaa," he wrote.

In a follow up tweet, he shared "Oh it's not banned yh? Okay I'm #COMING let me fuck shii upppp".

The song 'Coming' by Naira Marley featuring Busiswa contains explicit languages that should be distanced from kids.


Yung6ix Shares Bitter Experience In American Police Cell

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 02:00 AM PDT

Rapper Yung6ix has hinted he had a bitter experience in an American police cell following his arrest in September 2019.

In a tweet on Saturday, the rapper also cursed the American jeweller who got him arrested.

He wrote:

"My prayer is nobody should go through what I went through in American cell. Nobody except the guy who made me go through it. Your generation will not know peace until you come out and confess, your daughters and sons will not know success until you confess. On my last breath."
Yung6ix was arrested in the United States after a jeweler accused him of stealing.

The rapper subsequently shared a video on Instagram after his release.

"Was wrongfully accused by kays jewellers. Spent the last few hours wondering if I was going to be another innocent black man getting f—ked by the system. I'm going to be pressing charges for racial profiling #blacklivesmatter," he said.

Actor RMD – Burna Boy’s Grammy Win Is A Success For Nollywood

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:30 AM PDT

Veteran actor, Richard Mofe-Damijo (RMD), has said Burna Boy winning the 2021 Grammy Award is also a win for the Nigerian Movie Industry, Nollywood.

The stylish thespian revealed this in a chat with Saturday Beats, when he was congratulating the Afro-fusion musician on his triumph at the recent edition of Grammy Awards.

RMD described Burna Boy as an artiste who sings to educate and entertain. Because of his style of music, he also considered his victory a success for Nollywood.

He added that Nigerian music evolved and leveraged on Nollywood's initial success at the international market. According to the legendary actor; "Nigerian music as we have it today has evolved and leveraged on Nollywood when our films were being exported.

"It took with it, its comedy and music. The music has just taken on a life of its own because it does not require a big village that it takes a film to get ready. Music is a lot quicker. Solo work is what is needed, unlike trying to gather an entire 'village' to make a film."

Burna Boy was declared winner of the 'Best Global Music Album' category of the Grammy Awards 2021 for his 'Twice as tall' album.

Uti Nwachukwu Bares Thoughts On Marriage, Relationships

Posted: 23 Mar 2021 01:00 AM PDT

Nigeria On-air personality, Uti Nwachukwu seems to think that marriage and relationships are not what they used to be anymore.

In a tweet shared on his page, the 39-year-old declared that relationships these days are just a waste of precious time.

Furthermore, he said that people nowadays are no longer seeking commitment in relationships, instead, the date for reasons like money, sex, and other ridiculous things.

Also, people go into marriage without being happy, but to get rid of the societal stigma of staying single for long.

"Relationships are just a waste of precious time these days! People dating for money. People dating to get access to others they want to sleep with. Unhappy People marrying Unhappy people to cover the culture conditioned shame of being single People marrying to cater for their Family.

At this rate, with the kind of humans that we have now, e be like to protect your future, peace, and stability, na Surrogate/ sperm Bank Sure pass. That way your kids are your kids and no one can destroy your future by dragging them with you. The things we hear"

See tweets below:


Previous
Next Post »