Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


TV host, Veronica: Chioma thinks a baby can keep a man like Davido. I pray to God not to give me children that don’t have sense

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:30 AM PDT

TV showhost, Veronica has condemned Davido's babymama, Chioma over the way she handled career while in a relationship with the singer.

Veronica faulted Chioma in her comment over the issue saying that Chioma showed lack of intelligence by thinking a baby can keep a man like Davido.

Watch the clip below;

Lady Who Tattooed Tinubu’s Face Says Her Husband Has Chased Her Out Of The House

Posted: 09 Apr 2021 12:00 AM PDT

The woman who drew a large tattoo of Tinubu's face on her back has cried out for help after her husband sent her packing and her family members refused to accept her back.

The woman went online to release a video and tweets, calling for help.

In the video, she is seen confiding in friends that her man has sent her out of the house they shared because of the tattoo of her "godfather" that she drew.

She then proceeds to remove her blouse to show them the tattoo, which includes Tinubu's face, his date of birth, name, and titles.

She added that she's now homeless and sleeps wherever she can find after being deserted by family for drawing a tattoo of former Lagos State Governor, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu.

Calling for help, she tweeted: "Help me. my husband sent me out cos I tattoo my godfather at my back."

"Help me. My husband has sent me packing" Woman who drew tattoo of Tinubu on her back cries out (video)


She added: "My family esp my baby father insulted and deserted me because of the tattoo I drew and I was only showing how much I appreciate My godfather. I feel sad and hurt."

In an older post, she wrote: "My husband sent me out of the house because of the tattoo I drew and I don't even have anywhere to go. Please help me."




Mrs. Sri Lanka loses her beauty queen crown after it was removed from her head on stage by current Mrs. World over divorce claims

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:30 PM PDT

A beauty pageant winner in Sri Lanka was embarrassed on stage as she was disqualified and had her crown snatched off her head because she was believed to be divorced.

Pushpika De Silva, the pageant queen who won the title of Mrs. Sri Lanka on Sunday, April 4, was left speechless and embarrassed after winning when her crown was pulled off her head during the televised ceremony.

Just moments after being announced as the 2021 winner of Mrs. Sri Lanka, a pageant for married women, Pushpika faced humiliation as last year's winner and current Mrs.World, Caroline Jurie, took the microphone and announced that the first runner-up should take the title instead.


"There is a rule that you all have to be married and not divorced," Jurie told the audience.

"The crown goes to the first runner-up."

The crown was then forcibly removed from a tearful De Silva, who walked off stage in shame, and handed to another contestant who came second.

Wizkid’s clone, Wisekid allegedly made N30m monthly off MIL album

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 11:00 PM PDT


Social media especially twitter is agog over an alleged impostor with the stage name "Wisekid" who pulled a fast one on unsuspecting Wizkid fans. 

Wisekid with the real name Hosea Yohanna was alleged to have uploaded a replica of Wizkid's Made in Lagos album on apple music, thereby diverting traffic to his music.

The tracklist of the replica album dubbed "Lasgidi Made" shares identical title to Wizkid's album, hoodwinking unsuspecting music lovers, especially Wizkid fans.

What appears surprising is most streamers either didn't notice the difference or clicked on his album in error.

Checks by The Nation also revealed the dubbed album had amassed over 9 million streams translating to a profit of about 30 million naira monthly in streams and sales revenue being shared with him.

This was brought to the notice of the public when fans shared screenshots of their Apple Music replay.

A twitter user, Chemical Brother, shared screenshots and stated that even after listening to Wizkid for over 26 hours, Apple Music distributed the traffic to both Wizkid and Wisekid.

According to African Facts, Wisekid has been raking in N30million monthly from Digital stores since he uploaded the replicated album in October 2020.

Wisekid claimed Freeme Digital has been the one distributing all his songs.

Reacting to the allegations Wisekid said: "Pls I don't want wahala oo .. I'm just an upcoming artist I know nothing about this and please am not the one distributing wizkid album on apple music.

"I have my company that distributes my music for me so I know nothing about this news spreading all over the internet. Thank u.

"I don't know who do that oo. I just access my apple artist name I saw streams I just wanted to get people check me out nothing more oo.

"I didn't share wizkid streams oo. I don't know who that oo" he added.

But Freeme Digital, in a statement denied, distributing his music.

It said: "It has come to our notice that an artiste by the name of "Wisekid" claims to distribute an album titled 'Lasgidi Made' with our organization.

"While it is true that he distributes some of his contents through our organisation, we will like to make it categorically clear that the said, 'Lasgidi Made' album was not distributed via our platform.

"We will be deleting the rest of Wisekid's content on our platform and we have informed our legal team to immediately commence investigation on the issue and prosecute the matter to the full extent of the law."

Social media users especially Wizkid fans, while calling out the artiste, wondered how he pulled the stunt on many unsuspecting fans listening to Wizkid's song on Digital stores by Refixing all Wizkid's "Made In Lagos" album.

A Wizkid fan wrote: "The part that killed me is that he did not even try this with upcoming artistes or smaller artistes.. Wizkid Really Dfkm".

Another fan said: "I don't even know what to say about this. You mean WizKid and his entire management had no idea of this? Not even his record label? I'm so angry right now."

Asiwaju Lerry said: "So one certain Wisekid has been illegally sharing streams and album sales with Wizkid's Made in Lagos yet the album still remain in its top spot?? Imagine if there was nothing like such!"

@JoeyAkan said: "WiseKid failed one cardinal rule, that's why he was caught: Don't talk while eating.

"Because I don't know what level of village people syndrome will make a man who has struck illegal gold to publicly announce his numbers on social media."

@Itzbasito tweeted: "I don't think people understand what Wisekid did, it's not about the tracks titles, the content of the tracks are Wizkid's, not like the guy released his own songs with same title as Wizkid's"

@IsimahOdeh said: "That Wisekid guy is evil. What he is doing is very stupid and cruel. How could he be stealing N30 million monthly off Wizkid's music by copying his lyrics and names of his albums & songs? He has made N30 million monthly by copying Wizkid's music.

Here is one of the reasons why DJ Cuppy does not reveal too much skin in her photos

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:30 PM PDT

Daughter of billionaire, Florence Otedola, better known as DJ Cuppy laments after her mother cautioned her for exposing her body too much in a post.

The talented entertainer had taken to Instagram to share a nice photo of herself posing with one of her legs stretching out in a way that reveals her thighs.

In reaction, Dj Cuppy's mum took to her DM to correct her for revealing too much skin.

"Too much skin love," she wrote.

The 28-year-old entertainer, however, did not feel so comfortable being monitored by her mum at her age.

"My mother is still on to me at 28 years old …," she wrote in reaction.


Singer, Falz Tattoos Of His Family Members On His Arm Is Lovely

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Popular Nigerian rapper, Folarin Falana, alias Falz has gotten a tattoo of his entire family on his arm.

Shortly after getting inked with their faces on his right arm, the 'Bop Daddy' crooner recorded a video of himself to flaunt his latest tattoo.

Taking to his Instagram page to share the video clips and pictures of his parents that the artist tried to replicate into a tattoo, the actor and latest coach on The Voice Nigeria season 3 captions it thus:

"I told you this summer will be dangerous! Linked up with the sickestttt tattoo artist in Lagos & we have started telling my story", he wrote.

Harry Potter actor, Paul Ritter dies after brain tumor

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 09:00 AM PDT

British actor, Paul Ritter, who played Eldred Worple in Harry Potter, has died after a brain tumor at the age of 54.

Ritter became a comedy favorite thanks to his performance as Martin Goodman in Friday Night Dinner.

He also starred in Sky drama Chernobyl, played Eldred Worple in Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, and was in James Bond film Quantum of Solace.

His other TV credits included Vera, Belgravia, Cold Feet, and No Offence.

Friday Night Dinner creator Robert Popper said he was "a deeply clever, funny, intelligent, kind man".

Stephen Mangan, who studied with Ritter, confirmed his death and eulogized the dead actor.

"It is with great sadness we can confirm that Paul Ritter passed away last night," announced his agent.

"He died peacefully at home with his wife Polly and sons Frank and Noah by his side. He was 54 and had been suffering from a brain tumor.

"Paul was an exceptionally talented actor playing an enormous variety of roles on stage and screen with extraordinary skill. He was fiercely intelligent, kind, and very funny. We will miss him greatly."

Actress, Toyin Abraham advises her fans to stop using other people’s success to measure their level of achievements

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 08:00 AM PDT

Nollywood actress Toyin Abraham has advised her fans to stop using other people's success to measure their level of achievements in life.

The movie star made this known via her Instagram page on Tuesday. April 6, 2021.

"Listen my darling, a lot of people are better than you and me, and you and I are also better than some other people. So, stop looking at other people's success to measure your own," she wrote.

"If your today is better than your yesterday, you're on the right path and even if it feels like your yesterday is better than today, don't give up! restrategize if necessary, work hard, work smart, do more and keep praying. A lot of progress is lost in comparison. So, don't stop pushing. You're absolutely doing well."

Ayo Adesanya – I’ve Never Dated Anyone In The Industry

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 07:00 AM PDT

Ayo Adesanya, a Veteran Nollywood actress, has revealed that she has never dated anyone in the movie industry.

The actress made the revelation while speaking in an interview with the Vanguard, where she revealed that she doesn't believe two famous people should be together.

She said:

"I've never dated anyone in the industry; my baby's father was not in the industry when I met him. I actually brought him into the industry so it's not as if I met him in the industry."

" I don't like dating people in my industry. I don't believe two famous people should be together because there will be clashes of ego and their lives would be on the centre page of the newspapers.

For my job or for my showbiz life, publicity is good but for my private life, I love to keep it really private. I don't think two celebrities should be married to each other, it is always very tedious," she declared to Potpourri in an interview.

The actress has affirmed that she's not searching but has never ruled out love coming knocking again.

She knows all the rules in the book and impressing her with flashy things of life may just be off the rail with her.

"I don't care what you look like. I love to laugh a lot, so I like happy people, really happy people, not people pretending to be happy. I don't care if you're short or tall, fair or dark; it is the inside of your heart that matters to me. I've gone through a lot and I've seen a lot; even the simplest of things touches me. I'm your everyday happy-go-lucky person, when you're sweet, when you're cool, when you're calm, It works for me. But then, please I am not searching," she said on the question of a man that may catch her fancy.

“You’re An Ingrate” – Peruzzi’s Former Record Label Boss Blast Him Over Interview

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Patrick Anyaene, CEO/Director of Golden Boys entertainment and Peruzzi's former record label boss,  has taken to the micro blogging platform, Twitter, to slam the singer (Peruzzi) following his recent interview.

It could be recalled that the singer, who is now signed to DMW, in a recent interview with Nacy Isime, discussed his controversial issue with his former record label boss.

Peruzzi narrated how he was treated unfairly and arrested by his former record label before he joined Davido's DMW.

Reacting to the interview, Patrick shared video from the interview on Twitter as he dragged Peruzzi for being 'an ingrate'.

The record label boss also revealed that he kept quiet about the case because Peruzzi's lawyers begged him to stop bringing the issue on social media until after the court case.

He tweeted;

"Hey @Peruzzi_VIBES. OK I have kept quiet for a minute because ur lawyers begged I stopped social media until after the court case. I arrested u and you cried as usual, I have so much to leak but the contract is enough. you're Clown for real Clown faceClown face.

Actually don't have energy for you right now @Peruzzi_VIBES. You blew from my chicken change, do you think I am still chasing chicken change Face with tears of joy. You will always be below me, keep chasing your chicken change fam. I get poultry.

Find attached your contract here . I think you lost yours boy Boy. Since I have decided to drop the case because I realised you're actually very broke and own nothing. Let me drop the contract for all to see. I won't say anything more to say about you. Las Las where ur career dey?"

See below;

Singer Kelly Hansome Accuses Don Jazzy Of Getting SARS To Arrest Him

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Kelly Hansome has caused a buzz after he revealed what music producer, Don Jazzy, did to him.

Recall that during an interview with Bounce radio, Don Jazzy stated that he has never done badly by anyone, and if there is anyone who claims that he has, one way or the other, done them bad, let them step forward and say so.

Countering his statement, Kelly Hansome, took to social media, in a now-deleted post, and cried out that the ace music producer skipped the time he  got SARS to arrest him and his girlfriend  and had him moved from Kano to Abuja in handcuffs.

Not only did he claim to have been arrested by Don, but he also added that Don Jazzy intimidated him with his dogs at some point in time.

Cardi B Talks Getting Intimate With Her Husband Offset Shortly After They Recorded Their 2017 Track

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 05:00 AM PDT

Grammy Award-winning rapper, Cardi B shares a secret story of her first recording with her husband Offset.

CardiB shared the secret through a voice tweet, she shared on Monday, April 5.

The 28-year-old mother of one spoke about becoming intimate after the successful collaboration in the studio for their song "Um Yea."

'I don't want to give you this weird, fake a** romantic, awkward story, but I remember this one time when I was in the studio with Offset and he was doing Um Yea, the song that me and him have together,' she recalled in a voice tweet on Monday.

'And while he was doing the song and everything, he kept looking at me and smiling and s**t, while he was making the song and then I told him, "I want to get on the song,"' she explained. 'So I just started writing my verse and everything and he was looking at me like, "Oh s**t, girl!"'

'Right after' the recording session, the lovebirds celebrated finishing the track by having sex.

'And then we f**ked. We f**ked right after,' she said.

Cardi and Offset, who welcomed their daughter Kulture Kiari Cephus in 2018, met in 2017 and got married that same year.

In September 2020, she filed for divorce from the Migos rapper, but they later rekindled their relationship just two months later.


Burna Boy, Davido, Funke Akindele, Wizkid Make Forbes Africa Icons’ List

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:30 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian celebrities have been recognized on the prestigious Forbes '100 Icons from Africa.'

Burna Boy, Wizkid, Davido, Omotola Ekeinde, Genevieve Nnaji, Funke Akindele-Bello, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Mr Eazi, among other Nigerians made the list.

Also, the Director General of the World Trade Organization, Dr Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala featured on the list.

According to Forbes, the list was curated from Hollywood exports and Grammy artists to award-winning ideas that can save the world.

It also stated that the list is a way of "celebrating those whose ideas, inventions, and influential role models have aided Africa's growth over the last decade."

Forbes on its official Twitter handle, @Forbesafrica, alongside the list wrote, "This is a way of celebrating those also with the award-winning ideas that had defined the African continent and influential role models that have spelt Africa's growth over the last decade."

Forbes described Burna Boy in the publication as one of the biggest and most successful African artists on this continent.

While Genevieve was described as the trailblazer of Nollywood.

Hollywood Actor, Zachary Horwitz Arrested For Multimillion-Dollar Ponzi Scheme

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 04:00 AM PDT

Hollywood actor, Zachary Horwitz has been arrested in connection with an alleged multimillion-dollar Ponzi scheme.

Horwitz was arrested by FBI on Tuesday April 6 for allegedly masterminding a Ponzi scheme that defrauded investors of hundreds of millions of dollars.

News of the actor's arrest was announced by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).

The FBI and SEC allege that Horwitz ran a Ponzi scheme through his company, 1inMM, which defrauded investors of $227 million.

Horwitz allegedly told investors that his company invested in film rights, subsequently reselling these rights to distributors like Netflix and HBO. He is said to have sold people on his scheme by showing them fake licensing and distribution agreements, featuring forged signatures. Ultimately, however, both of the above companies confirmed to the FBI that they'd never conducted business with 1nMM.

The SEC said;

"We've obtained an asset freeze and other emergency relief in an emergency enforcement action against Los Angeles-based actor Zachary Horwitz and his company, 1inMM (one in a million) Capital, LLC in connection with an alleged Ponzi scheme that raised over $690 million."

Horowitz and 1inMM were charged with violating the antifraud provisions of the federal securities laws in the complaint, which "also seeks a permanent injunction, disgorgement, prejudgment interest and civil penalties against Horwitz and 1inMM."

It is believed that Horwitz began receiving funds as part of the Ponzi scheme in 2015, using them to purchase a $6 million home in the Beverlywood neighborhood of Los Angeles, while repaying earlier investors.

Horwitz's credits as an actor include low-budget features such as Trespassers and The Devil Below. His assets are currently frozen, with the charges against him carrying a maximum penalty of 20 years in jail.

A hearing will take place April 19 "to determine if the asset freeze should remain in force for the duration of the litigation."

Nengi – I Bought My House With My Money, Not From Men

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:30 AM PDT

Weeks after the purchase of her luxury home, Big Brother Naija, BBNaija, lockdown finalist, Nengi has reacted to the rumours that her house was bought with money she made from men.

Recall that Nengi, weeks ago flaunted her new house on Instagram.

This generated reactions from Nigerians on social media who queried the source of her money, alleging that 'Sugar daddy' bought it for her.

Nengi who has been silent about the accusation on Sunday revealed that she bought her house with her hard-earned money.

The reality star said this during a stage performance at the recently held AY LIVE show.


Nengi dared any man who claims to have given her money for the house to speak up.

She said: "I do not need a man, I have my own house, and I bought it with my own hard-earned money.

"If you're a man here and you contributed one Naira to my house and you don't talk now, God will punish you."

Checkout why Davido’s babymama, Chioma is allegedly clashing with her mother

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 03:00 AM PDT

Davido's third babymama, Chioma Rowland is allegedly clashing with her mother over her alleged decision to stop Davido from seeing his son Ifeanyi.

Blogger Cutiejullz wrote;

"Chioma has vowed that for David to break her heart among his other usuals, the closest David will get to Baby Ifeanyi is by social media likes and comments 😫. After all, according to Igbo tradition, the child is hers since her bride price wasn't paid before the baby was born and still her bride price hasn't been paid yet.

Mama Chioma says na lie. Chioma must allow David see his child because they the Rowlands are strong practicing Christains and so therefore to hell with Chioma's decisions and her so called Igbo tradition.

On a more serious note, Chioma's parents and David's father have very good relationship and both sides have been actively involved in trying to get these 2 together. Chioma's mother especially as per our 100% authentic source, has been counselling both Coconut head Chioma and David whenever they had issues. Especially Chioma as she is her daughter. More reasons why Chairman Adeleke is not happy with David's decision to call the marriage off because Chioma's parents are apparantly very very good and they've won Chairman's heart. So he doesn't like David's decision about calling off the marriage.

Chioma we've been told has been in close contact with Chairman as expected and have even dropped name 😫😫.. Some DMW crew members are already in Chairman's bad books.

And from the look of things, David might also soon drop his own list in Chi's camp to his father now that he is back from his trips. 😫😫🤣🤣 we love Chi o. But in this, I stan Chi's mom. A child's relationship with any of the parents should not suffer just because the parents have issues. A child needs mom and Dad. Especially when David's responsibility as a dad cannot be faulted. Ifeanyi still get's what is due him even tho David was a little angry about an initial something that happend [gist you later] but he still made sure Ifeanyi had everything he needed."


Williams Uchemba pens down a heartwarming tribute to celebrate his wife

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actor Williams Uchemba took to social media to celebrate his wife as she turns a year older today.

In the post shared by the actor on his Instagram page, he expressed his gratefulness for having someone as wise and intelligent as his wife.

He further reveals that she has a large heart and how she has made other people's welfare her priority.

Here's what the post reads;

"I asked God for a life/destiny partner and he gave me you and some things I wonder what I have done to deserve you. You are one of the wisest and most intelligent women I have met and even with all this quality, you possess you to choose humility as a way of life. I have seen you look out for others before you even consider yourself.

"The majority of the request you make from me is 80% about other people's welfare and I have come to the realization that it's just who you are, an angel. Every day I wake up I pray my kids to follow your steps and character in life. Today I pray that God will bless you with all your heart desires and the Holy Spirit will help you run this race on earth and finish strong in the name of Jesus. Happy birthday, my angel, I promise to love you till my very last day on earth with the help of God."

Tunde Ednut – To ‘Knack’ sef in Nigeria is expensive, instead send that money to your mother so she will pray for you

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 02:00 AM PDT

Media personality and blogger Tunde Ednut took to his Instagram page to warn men about the concept of spending so much just to "knack" a woman.

According to Tunde, To "knack" is expensive at the moment as every woman has increased their charging fee to men who want to have sex with them.

Hence, it will be financial foolishness on the part of men to invest in "knacking" whereas their mother is at home and in dire need of the money.

Here's what he wrote;

"Now to knack sef in Nigeria is expensive.

You will pay 5k for her UBER to and fro cause most of them no get car, that's 10k.

There will be no light, you will buy petrol like 4k so that it will last throughout the knacking session.

No food in the house and these ladies like food too much, you will buy food like 5K because they won't eat BUKKA.

You knack finish, you might want to give her something apart from UBER money. Then 20K for her. So total cost cause you want to knack will be N49,000 approximately, for what?

My Brother, just leave these women alone please, send that money to your mother at home so that she will pray for you."


Chioma – “Hence Davido didn’t pay my bride price, he won’t get close to baby Ifeanyi”

Posted: 08 Apr 2021 01:30 AM PDT

The third baby mama of the music star, Chioma Avril Rowland has allegedly vowed to distance her baby, Ifeanyi from Davido following the clash that occurred in their relationship.

Recall that Chioma some days back was said to have deleted the photos of Davido from her Instagram page which was a means of expressing her rage.

In a recent development, a blogger identified as Cutie_Julls has reported that the mother of one is planning to cut the father and son relationship between Ifeanyi and David Adeleke.

In the words of the blogger:

"Chioma has vowed that for David to break her heart among his other usuals, the closest David will get to Baby Ifeanyi is by social media likes and comments. After all, according to Igbo tradition, the child is hers since her bride price wasn't paid before the baby was born and still her bride price hasn't been paid yet.

Mama Chioma says na lie. Chioma must allow David see his child because they the Rowlands are strong practicing Christains and so therefore to hell with Chioma's decisions and her so called Igbo tradition.

On a more serious note, Chioma's parents and David's father have very good relationship and both sides have been actively involved in trying to get these 2 together. Chioma's mother especially as per our 100% authentic source, has been counselling both Coconut head Chioma and David whenever they had issues. Especially Chioma as she is her daughter. More reasons why Chairman Adeleke is not happy with David's decision to call the marriage off because Chioma's parents are apparantly very very good and they've won Chairman's heart. So he doesn't like David's decision about calling off the marriage.

Chioma we've been told has been in close contact with Chairman as expected and have even dropped name .. Some DMW crew members are already in Chairman's bad books.

And from the look of things, David might also soon drop his own list in Chi's camp to his father now that he is back from his trips.  we love Chi o. But in this, I stan Chi's mom. A child's relationship with any of the parents should not suffer just because the parents have issues. A child needs mom and Dad. Especially when David's responsibility as a dad cannot be faulted. Ifeanyi still get's what is due him even tho David was a little angry about an initial something that happend [gist you later] but he still made sure Ifeanyi had everything he needed."

See the post below:

Previous
Next Post »