Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


‘Nigeria Is So Stressful’ Mercy Aigbe Laments

Posted: 13 May 2021 12:30 AM PDT

Beautiful Nigerian actress, Mercy Aigbe, cries out on social media, complaining about how Nigeria is stressing her.

The thespian said she needs a holiday to cool off the stressful activities she's been undergoing in the West African country.

Mercy Aigbe took to her Instagram page of over 9 million followers to share a tired-looking picture of herself. She expressed she needs a vacation.


"My Day was Super Hectic … even God knows I am overdue for Vacation! Gosh, this Nigeria is so stressful, 😢," she wrote as caption.

Earlier this year, the media reported Mercy Aigbe had moved to the United Kingdom (UK) after she shared a picture of herself fixing one of her dining chairs.

It is however unclear if the mother-of-two had already returned to her home country permanently or not.

[Video]: ‘I Don’t Have Sugar Daddy’ Tacha Opens Up

Posted: 13 May 2021 12:00 AM PDT

Disqualified Big Brother Naija (BBNaija) contestant, Tacha, makes herself a household name after her eviction from the reality television game show. She changes the setback to advantage and made use of it wisely.

Tacha, on her Instagram page, opened up to her followers that she has no sugar daddy sponsoring her or paying her bills while persuading them to buy what she sells.

Like many Nigerian startups, Tacha's business appears to be feeling the heat of the country's poor economy and aftermath of COVID-19.

Tacha has now put out a video, begging her fans, followers to patronise her logistics and clothing business.

Watch the video below;

Dare Adeboye’s wife, Temiloluwa reveals what he told her before his death

Posted: 12 May 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Temiloluwa Adeboye, the wife of the late Pastor Dare Adeboye, has said that her husband lived a good life and was never afraid of death.

Speaking at a night of Worship and Tribute organized for him at the Redemption Camp on Monday, May 10, Temiloluwa said her husband told her before his death that if he died, he knew he was fulfilled because he had done what the Lord asked him to do.

"Pastor Dare, my husband was a wonderful person. He was amazing in every sense of the way. I do not mourn him at all; I weep because he left me. He slept, he did not die. And I know, I am sure, because on the resurrection morning, he will rise again and we will see him in glory.

"I am sure because he was saved. I am sure because he believed in Christ, his salvation was sure, it was certain.

"He said if I die today, I know I am fulfilled, I have done what the Lord has asked me to do, he was not afraid of death. He was not afraid. It is not a matter of time but how well and he lived a good life, he lived to the glory of God. He lived, he served God. His life was dedicated to Christ and that is why I am sure that he is heaven.

"I am sure that he made it. And I want to say brethren today, if you are not sure of your salvation. If you are not sure that if you sleep tonight, you might not wake up tomorrow, you are not sure of where you will be in eternity. If you have not yet given your life to Christ, if you are here today to see because you heard. Yes, it is true; he is sleeping in the Lord but are you sure of yourself, are you sure of where you will be? Are you sure of where you will be?" she said

Pastor Dare who is the third child of the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, Pastor Enoch Adeboye, died last Wednesday in Eket, Akwa Ibom State, where he was based with his family. The 42-year-old was the Assistant Pastor in charge of Region (Youth) 35 before his death. He is survived by his wife and three daughters.

Yomi Fabiyi - Iyabo Ojo and Princess promised to kill Baba Ijesha if released

Posted: 12 May 2021 11:00 PM PDT

Yomi Fabiyi is alleging that actress Iyabo Ojo and comedienne, Princess, vowed to kill actor, Baba Ijesha, if he is released from police custody.

The actor made the allegation on his Instagram page this morning May 11.

He announced that a protest will be held in Lagos tomorrow to demand the release of the actor who has been accused of defiling the foster daughter of Princess.

See his post below






[Video]: BBN’s Laycon is searching for this loyal fan; Dou you know him

Posted: 12 May 2021 10:30 PM PDT

Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon has declared an ultimate search for a loyal fan who was caught and beaten up for voting for him during the Lockdown show, in a tent full of Dorathy's fans.

Dorathy's fans were all gathered at a spot and were bonded together as they voted for her to emerge as a winner. But in the course of it, they discovered that a fan of Laycon infiltrated the group and was voting for Laycon who finally emerged the winner.

Vexed by the scenario, they beat him up. Fortunately, the incident was caught on camera and had long gone viral.

Upon seeing the video, Laycon has declared a search for the young man.

In a tweet, he wrote;
"I need to find this guy please".


Comedienne, Wofai Fada “Aunty Sandra” Quits My Flatmates

Posted: 12 May 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Comedienne, Wofai Fada "Aunty Sandra" annoices that her time on TV show, My Flatmates, has come to an end.

The comedienne took to her Instagram page to announce to her over 1 million followers that she has made a conscious decision to quit the TV Sitcom. Wofai Fada who stars alongside veteran comedian Okey Bakassi as his wife on the family sitcom has said that she's grateful for all the support the fans have shown her over the years. In her words:


Its been such a pleasure to be a member of the flatmates family. My time on the show has come to an end. I am grateful for all the support you have shown to my character 'Sandra'. I hope this answers all your messages. Love you guys.

Thanks for all your support. Can't wait to share my new adventures/ up coming projects with you



[Photos]: Comedian, Sir Balo becomes a house owner

Posted: 12 May 2021 09:00 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian social media personality and comedian, Obotuke Timothy, popularly known as Sir Balo secures a new win as he joins the new league of house owners.

The comedian took to his Instagram page to announce that he is now a landlord as he flaunts pictures of his new house.

He captioned his post with:

"Congratulations 🍾 New 🏠 🗝🗝🗝🗝"

See his post below;


Fans took to social media to react as they sent him tons of congratulations for his new achievement.

Read what some of them have to say below;

og.tega_ Congratulations my guy. Only the beginning

thecuteabiola_This is the beginning ❤️

starboytemidayo_Congratulations bro

funnytoheeb_Congratulations

See more photos below;


BBNaija’s Vee blows hot says, “Don’t push your over-sentimental behaviour on me"

Posted: 12 May 2021 08:00 AM PDT

Reality star Vee Iye has voiced out her frustrations over the ongoing drama involving her and some of her colleagues at the BBNaija 'Lockdown' show.

Social media platforms have been buzzing for the past few days as fans anticipate the reunion edition of the fifth edition of the BBNaija reality show.

Reports have been circulating on social media that Vee was caught in a dramatic scene with some of her colleagues including Kiddwaya and Ka3na over Twitter verification.

Vee who seems not to want to be dragged in any conversation has now slammed those pushing her to talk via a post on her Twitter handle.

She tweeted:

"Don't push your over-sentimental behaviour on me. Don't expect me to be something I'm not. I live for myself. Call it whatever you like. I'm just a 24-year-old woman, minding my business, trying to create generational wealth. If that bothers you, you need help."


Bobrisky vows to send fan on an all-expense-paid trip to Maldives after gifting him new Benz

Posted: 12 May 2021 07:00 AM PDT

Instagram drama queen, Bobrisky has vowed to send his newest favourite fan, Kunle on an all-expense-paid trip to the Maldives.

Recall that Bobrisky gifted Kunle a brand new car some hours ago to show his appreciation for his support and loyalty during his trying times.

Bobrisky via a post that has now been deleted on his official Instagram account noted that Kunle will be travelling to the Maldives in the next few days.

According to the cross-dresser, he would have loved to sponsor Kunle on a trip to Dubai but the luxurious city is not open for people at the moment.

See his post below:

“His teacher described him as a kind boy” – Linda Ikeji opens up on why she does not spank her son

Posted: 12 May 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Billionaire blogger, Linda Ikeji has opened up on the fact that she doesn't spank her son, Jayce, yet he's growing up to be a kind boy.

The mother of one took to her Instagram page to reveal that she doesn't believe in spanking as a form of correction for a child, hence, she uses other tactics, such as correcting her child firmly and with love.

Here's what she wrote;

"As today is Mother's Day in some parts of the world, I'd like to talk about raising our kids.

I think I'm a great mum… I really don't need anybody to tell me that. Not just with Jayce, I'm fiercely protective and crazy in love with my nephews and nieces. And I love children in general.


With Jayce, I show him a lot of love and kindness and let him have his way most of the time. I've heard someone say be careful not to spoil him especially when he does something that they think deserves a spanking and I refuse to spank him.

I don't believe in spanking children over every mistake they make in the bid to correct them. The occasional spanking, every once in a long while, is okay…(I've definitely done that with Jayce) but I believe when they make a mistake or misbehave, correcting them firmly but kindly and with love is better than hitting them, yelling at them, shaking them or giving them some kind of physical punishment. Especially when they are under 5.

For instance, with Jayce, I've had family and close friends tell me he is a kind and loving boy but they are family and friends so you just feel they are being nice…but less than two weeks of starting school, his teacher described him as a kind boy in his daily report book. That made my whole week. It tells me the love and kindness I show him every day is shaping him and he's passing it forward."
The controversial Blogger added, "I believe that listening to our children when they have something to say, acknowledging their feelings, recognising their positive behaviour and maybe even rewarding that behaviour will help to shape them into great individuals".

Omotola Jalade – “If you don’t know me, you’ll think I am arrogant”

Posted: 12 May 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Veteran Nollywood actress, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde has opened up on some of her personal life which fans and lovers don't seem to understand.

Often regarded as one of the best to have ever graced the entertainment industry, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde has never been short of controversies.

The beautiful screen diva has been caught at a crossroad with some fans who have an impression that she's arrogant.


However, in the latest post on her timeline, Omotola Jalade-Ekehinde noted that she's not as arrogant as people think she is.

According to the multiple award-winning actress, she has to protect herself from fans who derive joy from trolling.

See the video below:


“New meme loading” – Reactions as Osita Iheme “Pawpaw” shares photo of himself drinking water

Posted: 12 May 2021 05:00 AM PDT

Netizens react as a veteran pint-size actor, Osita Iheme, popularly known as "Pawpaw" shares a cool picture of himself drinking table water.

The actor who's the king of Meme took to his Instagram page to share a photo of himself as he quenches his thirst with a bottle of water.

He had captured the photo;

"Thirsty"


This picture has caused an uproar in social media as his fans have plans of using it as a meme on Twitter.

Here's how they reacted;

kvng_emez_Steady giving us memes😂😂😂😂👏

boldlogistics_Meme

suvansh._.thakur421_Pleae please i dont have time for any gossip now eeen yes

zaytv_channel_Another meme😂😏

prasanna_kumar_ramagiri_Meme Legend


‘I tried to use a lighter cream’ – Linda Osifo opens up on being discriminated for her skin color

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Linda Osifo has opened up on what she had to go through due to her skin colour and how she tried to bleach her skin.

The beautiful screen diva who has featured in many blockbuster movies revealed this during a chat with TVC, sharing details on how she grew up in Canada and was racially abused.

According to Linda, the pressure of being abused due to her skin colour almost pushed her into using bleaching cream.

In her words;


"I was discriminated as a young girl, I had tried to bleach at one time. I tried to use a lighter cream but when I came to Nigeria, I started seeing more people like myself, more people who looked like me, who are just like me and I started appreciating myself I've been looking for a way to get darker because I want to be that typical African woman."


“If not for you, we’ll be worshiping some artistes like gods” Rapper OlaDips heaps praise on Davido

Posted: 12 May 2021 04:00 AM PDT

Rapper Oladips has nothing but words of praise for Davido over what he has been able to achieve in the past ten years despite the competition in the music industry.

Davido has become the talk of the town for the past few days as fans and lovers of good music join him to celebrate his tenth year in the music industry.

The singer also took to his social media platforms to celebrate the milestone with a post that showcased some of his achievements.

Reacting to the post, Oladips stated that Davido's presence in the industry has ensured that some artists are not worshipped as gods.

Oladips noted that some artists would have become gods in the industry if Davido has not been helping young talents.

Read his post below:

Bobrisky shows off his son for the first time

Posted: 12 May 2021 03:30 AM PDT

Nigerian crossdresser, Idris Okuneye, popularly known as Bobrisky, has shared a video of a young man who he claims is his son.

The self acclaimed male barbie shared a short video of a young man taking off his shoes for him, following his return from an occasion.

Sharing the short video on his Instagram page, the cross dresser praised him for treating him like a queen.

However, curious fans who felt the crossdresser has invited another stranger to his house, expressed their displeasure, and Bobrisky, debunking the speculations, insisted that the young man is his son.

Watch the video below;

Mercy Eke replies man who drew a tattoo of her face on his body

Posted: 12 May 2021 03:00 AM PDT

Former housemate of BBNaija "pepper dem" season, Mercy Eke has replied a male fan who drew a tattoo of her face on his hand.

Recently, fans of celebrities in Nigeria have been showing their love for their fave, by drawing tatoos of their favorite celebrity on their bodies.

While some celebrities acknowledged the gesture, some others condemned the act and advised them to show their love for them in a better way.


A male fan identified as Omooba drew a tattoo of Mercy Eke, and reacting to this, Mercy requested to have a face to face meeting with him.

This is coming after Bobrisky got into different online fights with fans who drew tattoo of him.


Angela Nwosu – “If heaven is where Pastor Adeboye , David Oyedepo will go after death, I don’t want to make heaven”

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:30 AM PDT

Popular Facebook influencer, Angela Nwosu has shocked her fans in a new post as she disclosed that she doesn't want to make heaven if the likes of pastor Adeboye, Kumuiyi, and other religious leaders will be going to heaven after death.

She has claimed that heaven will be a boring and unbearable place to be in. This is because they are fake and extortionists in heaven.

Here's what she wrote;


"I don't want to make heaven!

If heaven is where Pastor Adeboye, Kumuyi, David Oyedepo and all other religious leaders and people will go to after death, then I reject it with every fibre of my being. Heaven will sure be a very boring and unbearable place to be in, full of fake people and extortionists and heartless people. I want to be where Fela is and would be happy to see Davido, Wizkid, Tekno, etc, join me there.

The thing about me is I don't ever want to be like you. You don't believe that you can live the way that I do. Seriously, you act like life's a recital from the bible and once you reach the end you won't know where the time goes. I'm living through my flows so please enjoy the show. No Jesus above tells me how to live my life, I do this for me, am not ashamed, I do not hide. I already have a God that turns me on with reckless abandon. He's the God that I see and believe in and his name is Emeka.

So Save your prayers for your mothers, I'm doing fine, the last thing on my mind is the afterlife. The time is now, I live in the moment. I only think with logic, so keep your bleeping preaching, pity and emotions. I can never be broken even if I'm lost in the ocean, I still won't give a Bleep where I'm supposedly going, ighotago? For real, I don't want to spend eternity with any of you. Death is the only thing promised to us at birth. Save your 'may God have mercy on you' for your sisters that are doing abortions, for your brothers raping kids, for small girls with big God knacking other women's husbands, for your pastors and your village people

There's no time to waste once you enter this World, If you ask me, there is no afterlife and when I die, I will be satisfied with who I am and what I leave behind!

Udo.

Angela Nwosu"


Be nice to those you don’t need favours from – Davido’s baby mama Chioma advises

Posted: 12 May 2021 02:00 AM PDT

Chioma Rowland, Davido's 3rd baby mama has urged fans and lovers on her timeline to be nice to those they don't need a favour from noting that the reward will be great.

Although Chioma is currently going through a tough phase in her love life with Davido, she has not let that stopped her from advising her fans and lovers.

The beautiful mother of one via a post on her Instagram story urged her fans to continue being nice to those they don't need a favour from.

Though the post was first shared by Ubi Franklin, fans will be glad Chioma is still able to preach positivity despite the trending rumour of her break-up with Davido.

See her message to fans below:

Davido at 10: Moment Davido knelt down to appreciate Shizzi’s effort in his career

Posted: 12 May 2021 01:30 AM PDT

Nigeria music star, Davido has heaped praise on veteran music producer Shizzi for the role he played in his achievements in the music industry.

Davido is currently trending on all social media platforms as the singer celebrates his tenth year in the music industry.

Having dropped smashing hit singles and albums, Davido is not taking those who helped him in the past for granted including Shizzi.


In a new video that has surfaced on social media, Davido was spotted kneeling down to appreciate Shizzi for the role he played during the early days of his career.

See video below:


Moments Actor Blossom’s ex-wife wishes herself a happy “future” mother’s day

Posted: 12 May 2021 01:00 AM PDT

Actor Blossom Chukwuejekwu's ex-wife, Maureen Esisi took to her Instagram page to wish herself a happy mother's day in advance.

Maureen who was married to the actor has revealed that she should have been a mother of two lovely kids by now.

She wrote;

"Happy future mother's day to me. I shuda been a mother by now".


In a previous post, the fashion designer has denied allegations that she couldn't conceive and that's why they didn't have kids.

"I didn't have any problems conceiving," she wrote.

She continued: "I always wanted a child/children. ALWAYS!!! The problem was never me. He didn't want kids at the time, at least not with me.

She said she's not aware if Blossom was having a romantic relationship with another woman as claimed, and that "woman wasn't the reason" their marriage ended.

Maureen also denied reports of infidelity on her part and reports that she put Blossom through a lot. She said she is the one who went through a lot during the marriage.

She wrote: "It should be more like, no wife/woman  would have survived what I survived in 5 years and not need therapy or not have walked out a long time ago or worse case died of depression."


Previous
Next Post »