Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Bobrisky reacts as Peter of Psquare throws subtle shade at his brother, Paul Okoye

Posted: 28 Jun 2021 12:00 AM PDT

Controversial crossdresser Idris Okunneye, popularly known as Bobrisky has reacted to the indirect shade thrown at Paul by his twin brother, Peter Okoye.

Bobrisky took to his Instagram page to disclose that he isn't pleased with the way fans choose to criticize Peter Okoye for bragging about his wealth.

According to the male barbie, the fans are the bone of contention for always comparing one against the other.

He wrote;

"At this point dis so-called fans are our problems. Y would you compare two blood (twins) success among themselves? You are praising one and making the other feel bad. Really? What happened to you praising both of their efforts? You just don't like peace among two blood? Dammn

You fans need to do better !!! You love to hit heads together to create some unnecessary drama! And the point is what you will gain doing that? Support both of them hype both of them and stop bringing one down for the other. Peter and Paul are doing GREAT get that fact into ur empty skull and stop constituting nuisance up and down".



Tochi slams Ka3na says, “You were trouble and crazy; nobody cares you exist”

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Popular reality star, Tochukwu Okechukwu better known as Tochi opens up on his differences with fellow ex-housemate, Ka3na.

In an episode of the BBNaija reunion 2021 show, when asked about what transpired between him and the self-acclaimed boss lady, Tochi stated that it started when Ka3na unfollowed her on Instagram with claims that it was because he attended the birthday of Nengi.


Adding to his point, Tochi stated that it infuriated him more despite the fact that he did not attend the so-called birthday, and again, going on Twitter to justify her actions made matters worse.

Watch the video below;


Moment Baba Ijesha prostrates to thank his lawyers after securing a N2m bail for him

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 11:00 PM PDT

A video has surfaced on social media showing popular comedian and Yoruba actor Baba Ijesha prostrating to his lawyers after they helped secure N2 million bail for him.

Recall that Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of Lagos State High Court in Ikeja granted him bail on Thursday, June 24.  Taiwo held that bail is a constitutional right and not a discretionary right.

The judge further gave the order that the bail conditions be granted within seven days while declaring that the subsequent sittings will be on July 26, 27 and 28.

Watch the video of Baba Ijesha thanking his lawyers below:


“Marry a man and not a boy” – Reno Omokri lists ten qualities of a good husband material

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:30 PM PDT

Human rights activist, Reno Omokri serves his nuggets of wisdom once again as he notes the qualities of a good husband material.

Reno who had listed the characteristics of a good wife material balanced the equation by adding the qualities expected of a perfect husband too.

Taking to Instagram, the self-acclaimed Buhari Tormentor wrote;

"10 Qualities of a Husband Material

1. He does not request or pressure you for intercourse
2. He has financial chemistry
3. The source of his financial chemistry is known
4. You have seen him when he is angry and upset and he is not violent in such circumstances
5. He is in control of the relationship without being controlling
6. He respects his own parents, whether dead or alive (if he does not respect his parents, irrespective of whether or not they deserve respect, he cannot respect you)
7. He has a mind of his own. He is not controlled by the opinions of his family or friends. He is also not controlled by YOUR opinions. (If he is, he is weak. You are marrying a boy, not a man)
8. You have shared interests with him (whether traveling, reading, working out, music, etc)
9. No matter how successful he presently is, he still has ambitions to be better and more successful in future
10. You share the same religious and moral values (if you marry outside your faith, it means you love your partner more than your God)"

“I don’t have patience for rubbish, now y’all know why” – Lucy says to trolls following fight with Kaisha

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Following the physical assault on live TV, the reality star, Lucy Edet emphasizes her impatience when faced with disrespect.

It would be recalled that on an episode of BBNaija Lockdown reunion, Lucy went physical with Kaisha by landing her a slap during a heated exchange.

Taking to Instagram to share dazzling photos of herself after the prerecorded show was broadcasted on TV, Lucy reminds trolls why they should stop coming for her.

"When I tell trolls to stop testing me! Now y'all know why! I don't have patience for rubbish! Ok good night!" she wrote.


#BBNaijaReunion: Neo Speaks On Having Feelings For Kaisha

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 09:00 AM PDT

Former BBNaija housemate, Neo has clarified that he never tried to kiss Kaisha while in the house.

As earlier reported that Kaisha during the reunion show on Wednesday said Neo asked her for a kiss at one of the Saturday night parties.
 
She also said he made advances at her and had an erection because of her.

However, Neo blatantly denied it, saying he may have led her on by not totally rejecting her love but his eyes were just for Vee.

"Kaisha I don't have feelings for you, I can't even remember asking you to kiss me.
 
"Maybe I led you on by not rejecting your love because I didn't want you to feel hurt but that's all there is.

"I had my eyes on Vee all through the show. It's not my fault my mama born fine boy," Neo said.

Chris Brown Under Investigation Over Alleged Assault On Woman

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 08:00 AM PDT

Things are not looking good for singer, Chris Brown as he has reportedly being investigated by police over an allegation of battery.

The accusation was made after a woman's claimed that he hit her.
 
The American singer and father of two was named the suspect in the battery case after police officers responded to his home in the San Fernando Valley, California over the weekend.

Law enforcement sources told TMZ.com the woman claimed Brown smacked her on the back of the head so hard that it made part of her weave come out.

Police took a battery report following the alleged incident, which may see Brown, 32, hit with a misdemeanour charge.

According to the report, this is the second time police have been called to Brown's house. The first was in May when the Los Angeles Police Department responded to reports of a huge birthday bash and broke up the party in the early hours of the morning.

‘There Is No Successful Actress That Has Not Been Slept With In Nollywood’ – Veteran Actor

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 07:00 AM PDT

Respected Nollywood actor, Deji Aderemi, makes a rather bold statement about actresses in the Nigerian movie industry while showing solidarity for embattled actor Baba Ijesha.

Deji Aderemi, in his chat with the press at Lagos Court where Baba Ijesha was tried, said that there's no actress that can boastfully say that she has not slept with any of her colleagues in the movie industry. The veteran actor noted that such act is a 'normal thing' in Nollywood.
 
The actor revealed that the female actors indulge in such act for the greater good and to help them bond well in the movie industry.

Aderemi said the sexual accusation levied against Baba Ijesha was shameful, despicable and has never happened among Yoruba actors. He further disclosed that he spoke with actress Iyabo Ojo, but she shunned him despite speaking to her like a father.

According to him;

I came to court because they said somebody slept with someone. This is a normal thing in our industry. It is something that happens every day in the industry. If this person has done something wrong, they should reprimand him rather than laying false accusations on him.

There is no successful actress that would say that she has not been slept with in the industry before.

They now planned for him. This issue hurts so many people. I know it will never be well with them. They turned another person's child into a prisoner. Because of what? They laid a false allegation against him.

I came to the proceedings today to come and learn from it to learn life lessons. These are the same people that he has eaten with before. How come they are now laying such an allegation on him.

Since I started acting, I have never heard of such a thing before. It isn't like this thing doesn't happen, but I am surprised it is going to court.

I called Iyabo Ojo, and I told her that she is a child among us. I told her that as her father I want her to forget the case. Iyabo asked me if I would like such a thing to happen to my daughter? I told her that I was talking to her as her father. She hung the phone on me. Princess hasn't been vocal. It is Iyabo we have been seeing doing different recordings.

How much did they collect from Iyabo that she reached this height in her career? Have they not slept with her also? We know everything. It is not a new thing in our circle.

Watch the video below;


WithinNigeria had a few hours ago reported that Lagos Court granted Baba Ijesha N2m bail while his trial continues.

BBNaija Reunion: Ka3na Reveals Why She Unfollowed All Housemates On Social Media

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Reality star from BBNaija Lockdown season, Kate "Ka3na" Jones has finally revealed why she unfollowed most lockdown housemates on social media.

The 26-year-old fashion entrepreneur while speaking during BBNaija reunion show said she was offended by the comments from some housemates after her eviction.
 
She also told BBNaija official host, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, that her time in the house didn't give her the opportunity to bond with the housemates, hence the reason for her action.

Recall that Ka3na and Lilo were the first housemates to be evicted from the lockdown edition.

Ka3na said: "I didn't have enough time to bond with the housemates before I was evicted and the comments I heard when I was out of the house from the housemates was the reason I unfollowed almost everyone.
 
"Also, I unfollowed most of the housemates because of what they thought about me."

However, Tolanibaj opposed her reason, insinuating that Ka3na unfollowed most of them because they attended Nengi's birthday party.

Music Producer, Samklef Blasts Seun Kuti For Criticizing Wizkid’s Grammy Plaque

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Samklef, a Nigerian music producer, has chastised Seun Kuti, a Nigerian artist, over his comments on Wizkid's Grammy Award win.

Since Wizkid won Best Music Video at the 63rd Grammy Awards for his role on Beyoncé's "Brown Skin Girl," Seun has frequently thrown shade at him, arguing it's incorrect to refer to Wizkid as a Grammy nominee or winner because the award was for a collaboration with an international artist.

Samklef, on the other hand, has resorted to social media to denounce Seun Kuti's remarks.

"A win is a win," according to the producer, regardless of how it was achieved.

In his words,

"Seun you need to calm down .. person get nomination but no win and another person get nomination by music video and win .. to win Grammys no be beans regardless of how you win … a win is a win. FELA DID NOT TEACH U TO REBEL AGAINST THE YOUNG ONES. Practice what u preach. Is this how u want be a president or run a party. Fela wept.

Sharing a photo of the plaque, he added,

"U can't take the crown from a King head. Wizkid is bless from divine.. oil of Grace running down from the head and overflowing.. if you no like go hug transformer.. I hate injustice and jealousy .. Sam Klef aka king solomon"


Murderer of Super TV CEO makes more confessional statement; Police arrest her father

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 05:00 AM PDT

Men of the Lagos state police command have also arrested the father of Chidinma Adaora Ojukwu, the 300 level student of Mass Communication at the University of Lagos, who confessed to killing the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Usifo Ataga.

A police source who spoke on condition of anonymity to Punch, said Chidinma's father was arrested for violently resisting the arrest of his daughter when the police visited their home on Wednesday, June 23, to pick her up. The source added that the man did not believe that his daughter committed any crime until she confessed on Thursday, adding that he was being detained at the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department, Panti, Yaba.

"She (Chidinma) stays with her dad. Her dad and mom don't live together. Her father was arrested on Wednesday because he resisted his daughter's arrest. He never believed that his daughter committed any crime until Thursday. He is at Panti as we speak, but he was not paraded today (Thursday)," the source said

Meanwhile, lecturers and students of the Department of Mass Communication, University of Lagos, are reacting to the news of the murder. A lecturer in the department, who spoke to one of our correspondents on condition of anonymity said

"I know her (Chidinma) because of her beauty and innocent look. She is an introvert to the core. Left for her striking beauty, she is not likely to be noticed by anyone, because she doesn't talk in class."

Another lecturer also confirmed that Chidinma is a 300-level student in the department.

"Yes, in our group chats, where there are several professors, it was confirmed that she is a 300-level part time student of Mass Communication, UNILAG," the lecturer said

One of the classmates, who spoke on condition of anonymity said

"Yes, she (Chidinma) is a 300-level part time student of Mass Communication. I know her, but we are not on talking terms; she doesn't interact with many people. She is a recluse.

She is a cool girl, who comes for lectures and leaves afterwards; she has few friends, who she talks to. I don't really know much about her."

Another student said he had not seen her in the current semester, adding that their lectures could not hold on Thursday as the lecturers did not turn up.

"I have not seen her this semester since we resumed on May 10. We were supposed to have lectures today, but the lecturers did not come. Likewise, her issue has been a major topic on our WhatsApp platform; it was a chaotic debate as members took sides," he said.

Chidinma while being paraded by the police, recounted how she stabbed the deceased thrice. She said late Ataga became violent after she turned down his request for more sex, adding that she stabbed him under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

"I checked for the place we lodged in online on Sunday and sent the details to him and he paid. On Monday, we were together drinking and smoking, we had fun and so I went to get food. On Tuesday, he was trying to make advances at me, but I was tired and he became violent and forced his way and I gave in.

In the afternoon, we smoked and ate. We became high and I wasn't happy with the first round of sex; so, I was on my own smoking, drinking and eating my food when he came to me, while I was watching a movie.

"I told him I was not happy with what he did the first time. I told him he was not assisting me with anything, but was playing around with me. He told me to take his ATM card and withdraw any amount I wanted and gave me the PIN, but I told him that was not what I meant.

So, he became violent; I was defending myself and at some point, he hit my head on the wall and I retaliated. He was choking me and I was on the kitchen cabinet, so I stretched out and grabbed a knife and stabbed him twice in the neck and once in the stomach."

She said when Ataga became weak, she fled the apartment and withdrew money from his account for her school fees.

"We smoked SK and Loud. While he was lying there, I changed my cloth, looked for the key from where he kept it, and left the room. When I left, I didn't reach out to anybody. I didn't feel good about what I did.

I withdrew N380,000 and not N5m from his account. I feel a lot of remorse. I wanted to use the money I withdrew to pay my school fees. I felt disappointed when the police arrested me at my parents' house and it was when I was arrested around 10pm that my parents got to know about the incident.

I live with my parents; I left home on Sunday and told them that I was going for ushering job. I used the foreign number I generated in texting the owner of the apartment."she said

“I Was Banned From Nollywood,” Rita Dominic Reveals

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:30 AM PDT

Rita Dominic, a Nollywood actress, has stated that she has been banned from the industry.

During an interview with Chude Jideonwo, the 45-year-old actress claimed this.
 
The silent ban from Nollywood, she claims, was one of her lowest points in existence.

Rita went on to say that she was determined to make changes for herself, which earned her the ban, which she never addressed publicly.

In her words;

"So let me tell you something, I don't know if I've said this publicly. Many years ago, we worked a lot with the marketers and they weren't used to talking to management, they were used to easy access, direct access to us. So I started working with a manager which is my business partner Mildred because she manages my career as well and it was a challenge.

"But I was bent on changing things at least for myself cos I felt like we needed some sort of structure if we wanted to grow – if we wanted this to go further or advance our careers, we needed to start letting them understand that we have management. So obviously, they didn't like it but they didn't.


"Let me put it this way: I think they gave me a silent ban without saying anything. I used to trickle down certain things that they would say, a few of them, and I can understand. You know, people don't like change sometimes especially when it's been the same thing for so long and it has worked for you. I didn't get work for a long time!

"Before then, Mildred and I had been talking. She had already started producing and we had toyed with the idea of forming a company together and shooting productions and adverts. So when that (ban) lingered for a while, I said you know what?

"Let's go ahead with this thing – let's produce content. That's how I was put on this other trajectory and I started producing. I did my first film, 'The Meeting' and I wasn't going to do the role but we ended up doing it and The Meeting became very successful.

"So the (ban) in a way was a blessing. Sometimes, the powers that be (the universe) may be moving you in a direction you don't want because you want things to happen in a certain way. But it might actually let you achieve the same goal through a different route."

[Photos]: Peter Okoye Bags Doctorate Degree

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 04:00 AM PDT

Peter Okoye, a Nigerian singer and former member of the defunct Psquare, has reason to rejoice after receiving an honorary doctorate degree.

The father of two turned to Instagram to inform his friends and followers of the happy news, posting photographs and a video.
 
In the video, the musician can be heard asking his followers to address him by adding a 'doc' to his name. He also expressed gratitude to his alma mater, Escae-Benin University in Edo State.

Read his captioned below:

"Dear Team P! It's a great honor to be decorated by a distinguished educational institution, which has recognized my contribution to Dance and Music as well as my support for the youth in the entertainment industry. Thank you @escaeakpakpacampus @escaeunibenin for this honor"- Dr(Hon) Peter Obumneme Okoye Aka Dr Mr P" ‍"

‘No be English I use buy my houses’ – BBNaija’s Ka3na fires back at trolls mocking her accent

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:30 AM PDT

Big Brother Naija star, Ka3na has taken a swipe at those having a field day with her accent on the Big Brother Naija reunion show.

In tweets she shared, the mother of one stated that she never bought her houses and numerous businesses with English.

Ka3na also told casting aspersions on her to sit back and enjoy the show. She tweeted;


[Photos]: Spider-Man took some time off from fighting crime this week to visit Pope Francis at the Vatican in Rome

Posted: 27 Jun 2021 03:00 AM PDT

It appears Spider-Man took some time off from fighting crime this week to visit Pope Francis at the Vatican in Rome.

During the Pope's weekly papal audience on Wednesday June 23, an attendee dressed as Spider-Man was spotted in the VIP section of the Vatican's San Damaso Courtyard, according to Reuters.

Wearing the full costume of the Marvel superhero, his identity was later revealed to be Mattia Villardita. He sat quietly beside a priest and listened to the Pope's service, Reuters reported.

At the end of the papal audience, Villardita, 27, got the chance to personally meet the Pope. In one of the photos, Pope Francis was pictured greeting Villardita and happily shaking his hand.


Previous
Next Post »