Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


[Video]: Nigerians react to the new interview of Chidinma as she claims that Ataga was in an unhappy marriage – “Is this a reality show”

Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:30 AM PDT

Nigerians have described the recent video of Chidinma Ojukwu interview pertaining to the murder case of SuperTv boss, Usifo Ataga as a reality TV show

In the interview, Chidinma Was asked some questions about the victim, Ataga, especially about his personal life. The murder suspect disclosed that he was in an unhappy marriage while he was alive.


However, Nigerians are stupefied because of the frequent interviews granted to the suspect as most persons are beginning to doubt the credibility of the journalists.

Check out reactions;

neneenwereji: This is now a reality tv show. Why is her lawyer allowing her to grant interviews sef? Moreover, she's glowing don't think this girl is in police custody. With her ones changing mtcheew!Nigeria just be making mockery of investigation and justice .

realwarripikin: Wait O! This girl don turn celebrity muderer or what! 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡 Na wa oooooo.

ubifranklintriplemg: Dear Nigeria Police, U na do well.

A murder suspect is now being allowed to do several interviews for Tv channels.

This is Sad 💔 you can imagine the family right now who will be asking for justice.

daddyfreeze: Omo na wa o…. This girl na great story teller the version don reach 5 in my humble opinion sha. 


President Buhari extends condolence to the family of late Sound Sultan –“He lived an exemplary life”

Posted: 14 Jul 2021 12:00 AM PDT

President Muhammadu Buhari extends condolences following the sudden passing away of Olanrewaju Fasasi, popularly known as Sound Sultan.

Speaking through his spokesperson, Femi Adesina, the President has attributed that the singer lived an exemplary life and achieved great milestones in his career and to the development of Nigerian music.

He wrote;

"PRESIDENT BUHARI CONDOLES WITH THE FASASI FAMILY ON LOSS OF SOUND SULTAN.

President Muhammadu Buhari extends heartfelt condolences to the Fasasi family on the de nth of renowned singer and songwriter, Olanrewaju Fasasi, popularly known as Sound Sultan, aged 44.

The President notes that Sound Sultan's demise is not only a loss to the Nigerian music industry, but to the country as a whole. As a celebrated rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, he lived an exemplary life, achieved several milestones in his career and contributed greatly to the development of the Nigerian music and entertainment industry through his artistic genius, creativity and talent, which has inspired many young Nigerians in the industry.

The deceased, President Buhari affirms, was kind, generous, and deeply passionate about issues in the country, which reflected in his music and art, and as an avid basketball fan, he made telling contributions to the development of local basketball in the country.

The President prays for the eternal repose of the soul of the departed and divine peace and comfort for the family, friends and associates.

Femi Adesina Special Adviser to the President (Media & Publicity) July 12, 2021″
Read Also: 👇🏾

President Buhari's personal bodyguard dies
President Buhari signs FCT's N243bn budget
President Buhari to address Nigerians by 7pm today
President Buhari loses nephew, Ibrahim Dauda
President Buhari and wife, Aisha Buhari celebrate 30th wedding anniversary

Netizens slam Shade Ladipo for her infamous statement “Madwoman, you talk too much; who’s the villain”

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Friends and fans of late Obama DMW and Sound Sultan have slammed media personality, Shade Ladipo for her infamous statement made against the duo.

As reported earlier by Gistreel, Shade Ladipo took to her Instagram page to address one of the duos as a villain and the other as a hero as she urges them to rest in peace.


This statement from her has triggered a weird reaction as people have trolled her for poke nosing into people's matters and never keeping shut.

Check out reactions;

mr.commonsense_Shade is a talkative. Nobody can change my opinion.

justobaro2fine: So who is the hero and who is the villain

oje1012: So who is violent one? This lady with rubbish talk.

qtsandra_:So who now lived a violent life mad woman

Read Also: 👇🏾
Why Burna Boy didn't win the Grammy Award – Shade Ladipo
"You are very stupid" - Shade Ladipo slams Hushpuppi
Media personality, Shade Ladipo and husband celebrate honeymoon, one year after wedding
"Burna Boy is the most unprofessional artiste in the world"- Shade Ladipo says
Shade Ladipo brags about taking back laptop and phones she got for her ex-boyfriend


[Photo/Video]: Wunmi Toriola celebrates 33rd birthday in style –“I am not getting old, I am just becoming experienced”

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 11:00 PM PDT

Nollywood actress, Wunmi Toriola on Sunday, June 11th, celebrated her 33rd birthday in style.

Wunmi Toriola, who is one of the popular faces in the Yoruba movie industry, took to her social media timeline to share some photos of her to mark the occasion.


In one of the photos she shared via her IG account, the actress wrote, " I am so gonna flood your timeline today 🙈🙈🙈🙈
I am not getting old 😃😃😃
I am just becoming experienced
Thank you beautiful people
The love is overwhelming❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️
Happy birthday to the original Land mark ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

She also shared a video of her dancing in celebration as she thanked God for the gift of life.

The talented actress was born on the 11th of July, 1988.

See some of her posts below;


 

Read Also: 👇🏾

Actress, Wunmi Toriola celebrates 3rd wedding anniversary with her husband

Actress Wunmi Toriola runs into a serious problem while trying to help a fan

"I am so proud of you" - Laila Nwoko celebrates daughter's birthday

Actress Wunmi Ajiboye and actor Ogungbe welcome new baby on their son's birthday

Wunmi Toriola shares throwback photo of when she was pregnant, prays for expectant mothers

 

Chineze Anyaene's 'Ije' is coming to Netflix

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 10:30 PM PDT

The multi-award winning movie will premiere on the streaming platform in August.

Chineze Anyaene's record-breaking directorial debut, 'Ije' is set to premiere on global streaming platform, Netflix on August 3, 2021.

"I am excited to announce my multi-award winning feature film, and the highest grossing Nigerian Box Office movie from 2010-2015 IJE: The Journey. A movie which redefined the industry and the cinema experience in Nigeria, starring the finest and top actresses @realomosexy & @genevievennaji will be showing on Netflix from the 3rd of August 2021," Anyaene wrote in a recently shared Instagram post.

 The long anticipated Netflix Naija addition holds a lot of memories for Nollywood film lovers. Shot on 35mm and released nearly 11 years ago on July 30 2010, the film cast Nollywood royalty Genevieve Nnaji and Omotola Jalade-Ekeinde as sisters. Nnaji's character travels to the US to support her sister who is being charged with murder.


'Ije' was an instant success and went on to become the highest grossing movie in Nigerian box office for five years. It also garnered international acclaim with awards including the Award of Excellence at the Canada International Film Festival.

Watch the trailer:

President Buhari mourns Sound Sultan

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Sound Sultan died of throat cancer.

The president of Nigeria, Muhammadu Buhari has mourned singer, Olanrewaju Fasasi, popularly known as Sound Sultan.

The singer passed away on Sunday, July 11, 2021, at the age of 44.

He died following a hard-fought battle with Angioimmunoblastic T-cell lymphoma, a rare form of non-Hodgkin lymphoma, which is a group of related cancers that affect the lymphatic system.


The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, made this known on Monday in a statement titled, 'President Buhari condoles with the Fasasi family on the loss of Sound Sultan.

"President Muhammadu Buhari extends heartfelt condolences to the Fasasi family on the death of renowned singer and songwriter, Olanrewaju Fasasi, popularly known as Sound Sultan, aged 44," part of the statement read.

"The President notes that Sound Sultan's demise is not only a loss to the Nigerian music industry, but to the country as a whole.

"As a celebrated rapper, singer, songwriter, actor, he lived an exemplary life, achieved several milestones in his career, and contributed greatly to the development of the Nigerian music and entertainment industry through his artistic genius, creativity, and talent, which has inspired many young Nigerians in the industry."

"The deceased, President Buhari affirms, was kind, generous, and deeply passionate about issues in the country, which reflected in his music and art, and as an avid basketball fan, he made telling contributions to the development of local basketball in the country."

"The President prays for the eternal repose of the soul of the departed and divine peace and comfort for the family, friends, and associates."

The music star was buried according to Muslim rites on Sunday in the United States of America.

He is survived by a wife, three children and siblings.

[Photos]: Footballer, Ahmed Musa, Marries For The Third Time

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 09:00 AM PDT

28-year-old Nigerian footballer, Ahmed Musa, has reportedly tied the knot for the third time.

According to report, he got married in a secret ceremony on Saturday, July 10, 2021.

Recall that his marriage with his first wife, Jamila, ended in 2017. He then took another wife, Juliet, in 2017 and they have been together since then.

His recent marriage to Mariam now officially makes her his second wife.

Kingdom Wins Nigerian Idol 2021

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

The winner of the sixth season of Nigerian Idol is Kingdom Kroseide.

This was revealed at the Grand Finale, which took place on Sunday at the Africa Magic studios.
 
Kingdom defeated Francis Atela in a battle for the most coveted title of Nigerian Idol, and Kingdom won.



[Photo]: Family Announces Funeral Details Of Late Sound Sultan

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

Funeral details of the deceased Nigerian singer, Olanrewaju Fasasi popularly known as Sound Sultan has been announced by his family.

Nollywoodtimes earlier reported that Sound Sultan aged 44 died on July 11, 2021, after loosing the battle to throat cancer.

 However, His family stated that the singer would be buried today, July 11, 2021, in Brooklyn, New York.

See obituary photo below:



DJ Cuppy— I May Not Be The Most Successful Musician, But I’m One Of The Happiest

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Despite all odds, Nigerian disc jockey and singer Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola, better known as DJ Cuppy, openly stated that she is one of the happiest in the music industry.

The singer used her Instagram stories to remind herself that she's 28 years old while reminiscing about all of her good times in both her professional and personal lives.

She also urged her admirers to live their lives to the fullest, to have fun and to learn, and to not let anyone drag them down.

She wrote:

"At the end of the day, life is too short to be anything but happy. At 28, I'm just realising it… I beg you to live life fully. Have fun. Love lots. Learn lots. Take chances. Let go. Face forward.
I may not be the most successful in the music industry, but I'm certainly one of the happiest. Don't let anybody bring you down"


Omotola Narrates How She Almost Got Killed Trying To Save Another Man’s Life

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Omotola Jalade Ekeinde has shared her harrowing experience on how she almost lost her life while saving another person in a fresh interview with media personality, Chude.

The mother of four said the incident happened after a movie shoot in Festac and her husband came to pick her. The full story, as narrated to Chude goes like this;

My husband too has been amazed by my strength, he has come to terms with it. I'll give you an example. There was a time when we were driving.

At that time we were living at Igba, Ojo and we were driving and we had just finished shooting a movie in Festac and he came to pick me up.

So he was driving behind me, I was driving in front and we were driving on that Festac road. And I remember just between that Festac first gate and second gate, I don't know if they were trying to kill a guy or something like that but they caught him and I saw them holding a knife.

I started shouting for them to stop. It was dark. This was around maybe 11 or 12 and I was like 'Stop Stop Stop'. He (her husband) slammed on his break and before he could ask me "what?" maybe because he thought that someone was in front of me or whatever, he slammed on his break and before he could say anything, I just opened the door and I ran.

I wasn't even thinking. I ran down and I started running towards the dark. He had to run down and start running after me. When I got there, I started shouting "Stop, what are you doing? What are you doing?"

Do you know when he (her husband) got there and saw what was going on, he jacked me and started carrying me. Then they got distracted and they were shocked too. They got shocked like 'what is going on here?' Then they looked back, saw us, and they ran.

Then the guy that I don't know what they were trying to do what to got up and was just shouting "Ese ma, Ese ma!" and he too ran.

My husband was confused like 'what the hell just happened?' I said 'I don't know but at least I'm sure I saved somebody's life. That's all that matters.'

Anytime he (her husband) remembers that, anytime we have any altercation about me slowing down or anything, he remembers that and he says 'Every time I remember that, I realize that this is your destiny so there's no point in trying to stop you.

For you to run down in the middle of the night from my car and run towards people with knives without thinking twice, I will only try to manage you, I can't stop you. That is a clear indication of who I am.

BBNaija’s Prince Angrily Reacts After A Dorathy Fan Called Him Rapist

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 05:00 AM PDT

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Prince blows hot after a Dorathy fan identified as @QueenMondi on Twitter, called him a rapist.

Prince, who was clearly enraged by the statement, bemoaned the fact that people don't want to move on with their lives even after the BBNaija lockdown and reunion shows ended, and he went on to say that he has put up with all these abusive tweets about him without retaliating, but the rapist label is unacceptable.

His admirers, on the other hand, have chastised @QueenMondi for making such a remark and asked him to ignore her because she is only out to drag him down.

Read his response below;

"Oh wow, it's amazing how cause of a show that happened several months ago, reunion has come and gone and y'all still won't move on. I've seen and endured all your tweets about me without ever saying anything, but this right here is unacceptable. What's wrong with all of you jeeez

"The sky is big enough for all of us to shine, so what's all the fuss about. This is draining. I'm not one to ever address anything on here but I feel it has become pertinent that I do this one because Omo I don tire. RA STOP e don do.

"I'm sick and tired of this never ending fan wars, I actually don't really care about what y'all say about me and all, it's fine (I know what I signed up for going for Bbn) but can y'all leave my family out of it, it's really disgusting… And also RA I love how y'all love me and

"And I hope my fellow ex housemates advice their fans to do same cause it makes no sense."

See screenshots below:



[Photos]: Mercy Aigbe Celebrates Her Daughter, Michelle, As She Clocks 20

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:30 AM PDT

Mercy Aigbe, a Nollywood actress, is overjoyed as she celebrates the birthday of her first child, Michelle, on July 11.

Michelle, who is studying overseas, turns 20 this year, according to the actress. Mercy eulogized her kid, referring to her first seed as her bestie.

"Look who is 20! Happy birthday to the first fruit of my womb!!!! My bestie."

The mother of two, who is known for throwing birthday parties for her children, misses not being able to spend time with Michelle, but consoles herself by reminding herself that her daughter's absence is for the best.

Mercy continued to speak about how proud she is of Michelle for who she has come to be after serenading her firstborn with loving words. The actress also praised her daughter's intelligence, stating that she is a straight-A student.

"Michelle, I am super proud of the young lady you have become! Intelligent, hardworking, very smart, selfless, straight-A student, problem solver, humble, very respectful, calm ( and now very mature)… I miss our small fights, big fights ( you know those ones you tell me I am mean️), banters, gists, gossips …I miss staying up late, discussing, anything and everything with you! We have been thru it all together my love! We have cried together, danced together, partied together , To God be all the glory for our lives! I pray and wish for the best for you my child! May you forever sparkle like the star that you are @michelleio__"

 

[Video]: Davido’s Aide, Israel DMW Cries Out After Obama DMW’s Dog Did This To Him

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 04:00 AM PDT

Following Obama's death, Isreal DMW taught that it was only prudent to take in his dog, adopt it, and live with it as its new owner.

However, it appears that the dog's continued presence in the house presents a new challenge that Isreal will have to deal with as long as it remains in his house.
 
He rushed to Instagram to express his displeasure with how the dog chewed up his treasured towel, and he shared a video of the shredded pieces.

Watch video below:

 In reactions to this,

@chidozie wrote; "That dog understood the assignment of personal hygiene, Oga burn that towel."

@kemiolunloyo wrote; "Take that "orphaned" off Moji. It's insensitive. The dog may be sending a message. Obama's children are the ones who MAY be orphaned if their mom has also passed."

@hayuur wrote; "Nigerians will still find time to catch cruise amongst mourning period, which kind Isreal be this one??? Now I know why Isreal are God's chosen people😂😂😂😂 dem sabi cruise😂😂😂😂"


Singer Victor AD Pens Down Emotional Tribute To Late TB Joshua

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 03:30 AM PDT

Nigerian Singer, Victor Adere popularly known as Victor AD has taken to his Instagram page to pen down an emotional tribute to Late prophet TB Joshua.

Recall that the Prophet died on June 5, 2021 and was laid to rest on July 9, 2021 in Synagogue Church of All Nations.
 
However, Victor AD in his Instagram post wrote:

"Tribute to prophet T.B JOSHUA

"My Dad, late Mr Emmanuel Adere introduced me and my entire family to SCOAN 1996 and ever since then you've been a blessing to us.

"I still remember how God used you to heal me from skin disease as a little boy.. after moving from one hospital to another but all to no avail. You showed me so much undeserving love, helped my family and I countless times.

"I remember wen I was going through some challenges and I was planning to speak to you about it. But before I did u reached out to me and gave me over a million naira, 😃 and I was like am about to tell you that I was going through challenges.. u smiled and said I know what you are going through.. God is with you. I felt peace in my heart 😊.

"You taught me how to PRAY FOR GRACE AND GOD'S MERCY. and exclude all boasting from my achievements. You never judged me even when you knew my flaws. You welcomed me with so much love and said everyone makes mistake and mistakes are correctable.🙏
I can go on and on…. words are to weak to express your good deeds for this generation. We love you Dady. Rest on till will meet again 🙏❤️"

Rapper BIA Fires Back At Burna Boy After His Response Over Her Claims Of Not Knowing Him

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 03:00 AM PDT

American rapper, BIA, has fired back at Nigerian singer, Burna Boy after his recent comment over her claims of not recognizing him.

Recall that BIA disclosed in an Instagram live video that she doesn't know what Davido, Burna Boy and Wizkid looks like.

Meanwhile, Burna Boy in a recent tweet responded to the video going viral online, saying that the lady who claims not to know him has been in his DMs since 2018.

The American rapper who can't let the sleeping dogs lie returned back to Instagram to inform Burna Boy not to get hurt and also expressed her love for his songs.

In her words;

"Burna love your music, don't be hurt I said Ion know what U look like. Your girl is beautiful anyway you shouldn't care. I'm happy 😊 now don't make it seem like I slid on u in 2018 bc i tagged your song 🤒 now back to what's important 😅"


Fans React As Bolanle Ninalowo Shares ‘Naked’ Photos Of Himself

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:30 AM PDT

Bolanle Ninalowo, an actor, has shared shirtless images of himself on his official Instagram page to flaunt his strong and handsome body.

The pictures were taken as the father of two was chilling and relaxing at home, according to him.
 
The 41-year-old stressed the importance of taking time to relax since it allows one to reflect and reconnect.

In his words;

"You got all it takes, but it's gonna take all you got… It feels good to finally be able to chill & relax! It feels great to reflect and be able to connect the dots backwards. To know that God had been there all along…And am doing it with a bottle of the finest cognac …The days are feeling good…Thank God for Grace…Maka"

See photo below:


[Photos]: Blogger Linda Ikeji Spent Millions Of Naira On Three Designer Bags

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 02:00 AM PDT

Linda Ikeji, a billionaire Nigerian blogger, took to her verified Instagram profile to show off the three Birkin Hermes bags she purchased in one day.

Laura Ikeji, her younger sister, allegedly pressured her to acquire more Birkin bags to her already formidable collection.

Sharing the photos of the expensive bags on Instagram, she wrote:

"Been spoiling myself lately! 🤪😅. Thanks to the amazing @mdbluxury for sourcing these beautiful bags for me. And thanks to @lauraikeji for the connect. She said you need more #Hermès bags so I went and bought 3! For now! 😉

"Once again ladies, these are some of the joys of having your own money. This luxury life, you can give it to yourself! You truly can! 😘"

Hermès Birkin bags are the most costly bags in the world, with single bags costing anywhere from $40,000 to $500,000. The iconic bag is handcrafted and strictly exclusive, which drives the value of the Birkin year after year. It is named after actress and singer Jane Birkin.

See photos below:



Burna Boy Finally Reacts After American Rapper, BIA Denies Knowing Him

Posted: 13 Jul 2021 01:30 AM PDT

Grammy-award winning artiste, Burna Boy, has finally reacted after an American rapper, BIA, claims not to know WizKid, Davido and the 'African Giant' crooner.

Recall that in a viral video, rapper BIA during an Instagram live session with Nicki Minaj, claimed not to the three Nigerian artistes.

After saying this, the fans of each artistes took to different social media platform to blast the American rapper for 'lying'.

Rapper BIA in another tweet apologized and stated that what she meant was that she doesn't know how Wizkid, Davido and Burna Boy looks like.

Burna Boy, however, took to his Twitter page to respond to BIA's viral video.

In his tweet, he wrote:


Previous
Next Post »