Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Anee Icha - I have been sexually harassed in Nollywood

Posted: 05 Jul 2021 12:00 AM PDT

The actress says women need not be put under duress when it comes to what they do with their bodies.

Television star, Anee Icha has spoken up about her experience with sexual harassment in the Nigerian film industry.

In an exclusive interview with Pulse, Icha highlighted her six-year acting career, her experience with sexual harassment and how she has been able to overcome external pressure to succumb to it.

Speaking on sexual harassment, the 'Namaste Wahala' actress revealed she had experienced the ordeal and is certain more will come. "I have come to a place in my own evolution as a person, that there are things that I will do and things that I will not do and I will own the things I do and I will not apologize for the things I do not do."

"If I am not interested in you, you can come with anything on the planet earth, it is a matter of value for me because if I am giving myself to a person, there has to be something behind it and for me, it is deeper than fame, a phone. Even if it is just pleasure, pleasure is deeper than a material thing. So it is unfortunate that some women have to bend to that and they don't feel like there is an alternative and I hope we come to a place where we realize that we have a duty over our bodies," Icha added.

For the stunning actress who says she has been active in the industry for six years, her priority is her set goals in the industry and not how highly she is rated.

"For me, it was never about the external validation. The reason I am doing what I do is because I feel like there are people's stories who need to be told and I think that every human's fundamental need is to be seen and to know someone noted your existence. That's the reason I want to tell people's stories and that's why I want to act."

Anee Icha has starred in major television series and movies including 'Before 30', 'Castle & Castle', NdaniTV's 'Rumour Has It' season two and recently in Netflix Original 'Namaste Wahala'.

Watch the interview:


Dorcas Shola Fapson -- 'I bought my Range Rover myself

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:30 PM PDT

Nigerian actress Dorcas Shola Fapson has cleared the air about the ownership of her new Range Rover.

The actress joins the SUV owners club of Lagos.

The movie star made this known hours after showing her new SUV on Instagram.

"I actually got this a car a week ago. Wasn't going to post but Timini kept threatening he would if I didn't," she wrote.




The movie star had earlier shared the photo of her white Range Rover SUV on her Instagram page.


""Get me lit" just put me on the range list 🥰@_timini stays being the best hypeman 😩❤️ #GML SZNNNNNNN🔥👅," she captioned the photo.

The Weeknd to produce & star in new HBO series 'The Idols'

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 11:00 PM PDT

The star singer will co-create the new drama set to be executive produced by 'Euphoria' creator Sam Levinson.

According to Variety, the series produced, co-created and co-written by The Weeknd, will follow a female pop singer who becomes romantically involved with a Los Angeles club owner—who also happens to be a cult leader. The Weeknd is also slated to star in the cult series.

'Euphoria' creator Sam Levinson will executive produce and co-create the series alongside Reza Fahim, The Weeknd's creative producer. Fahim will also co-write the show. Ashley Levinson, Kevin Turen, and Aaron L. Gilbert will co–executive produce alongside Levinson.

Van Vicker says it is an honour to be likened to Ramsey Nouah

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:30 PM PDT

The Ghanaian star actor has opened up about getting mistaken for Ramsey Nouah.

Superstar actor, Van Vicker has addressed the influence Nigerian actor, Ramsey Nouah had over his career at its early stage.

In a RedTV interview featuring the cast of new web series 'Public Figure', Van Vicker who plays a lead role described being compared to the Nollywood royalty as an honour.


"I would pause if you called me Ramsey but if you compare me to him in any way, I would say it is an honour to be on a similar pedestal as he is. So, it is all good. I think, for me, you probably reason me higher than I deserve," the actor revealed.

Van Vicker further revealed that he forayed into entertainment in the 90s even though he initially wanted to become a gynecologist. He started off as a TV presenter, producer then featured in a television series before landing a role in a feature film months later.

Watch the interview;


Vicker stars alongside Aaron Adatsi, Dela Seade, Kingsley Yamoah, and Naa Ashorkor Mensah-Doku in the web series which premiered on YouTube on May 19. The story centres around power, marriage, politics, love, and the celebrity life.

Production officially kicks off for ‘Black Panther - Wakanda Forever’

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 10:00 PM PDT

Reports confirm that the original cast are back on set for the anticipated sequel.

Wakanda is back! Multiple reports have confirmed that principal photography has begun for 'Black Panther' sequel.

According to Variety, Marvel Studios chief Kevin Feige confirmed that production kicked off on Tuesday at Pinewood Studios in Atlanta.

"It's clearly very emotional without Chad," said Feige as he addressed the comeback of the original cast, "But everyone is also very excited to bring the world of Wakanda back to the public and back to the fans. We're going to do it in a way that would make Chad proud."

Recall news of a sequel without the lead character, Chadwick Boseman left fans with mixed feeling but Marvel later confirmed that there will be no replacement for Boseman's character in the Ryan Coogler directed feature film. Boseman tragically died in August 2020 after a private four-year battle with colon cancer.

Plot details for 'Wakanda Forever' set to debut on July 8, 2022 are currently under wraps but Variety revealed that actors, Danai Gurira, Letitia Wright, Daniel Kaluuya, Winston Duke, Lupita Nyong'o, Florence Kasumba, and Angela Bassett will likely reprise their roles.

The Oscar winning film was an instant hit in 2018, grossing $1.34 billion worldwide.

Toke Makinwa – ‘Why I Don’t Want Kids Outside Wedlock’

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 09:00 AM PDT

The whole idea of having children outside wedlock is not to be the kind of life, popular Nigerian media personality, Toke Makinwa, wants.

Toke Makinwa, during a question and answer session with her followers, made this known.

When asked if she welcomes the idea of having kids without getting married, Toke revealed that she doesn't want to have children outside marriage because she would want them to have a life she never had while growing up.

She also revealed that she lost her parents at a very tender age adding that she wouldn't want her own kids to go through the same thing she went through.

She, however, didn't say that she was against the idea for other women or those who had children outside wedlock but noted that she is still hopeful of finding love again.

"I definitely want to get married again. Losing both my parents at 8 hurt so much.

"I'll like my kids to have the life I never had while growing up. Hopefully the universe sends me a good man," she wrote.

Mr Latin Apologizes Over Jide Kosoko’s Threat To Frustrate Iyabo Ojo And Nkechi Blessing Sunday

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 08:00 AM PDT

Following actor Jide Kosoko's threat to frustrate Iyabo Ojo and Nkechi Blessing Sunday out of the movie industry, TAMPAN president, Mr Latin, has tendered an apology.

Last weekend, the leadership of the Theater Arts and Motion Pictures Practitioners Association of Nigeria, TAMPAN, held a press conference where it addressed the activities of both actresses, accusing them of using social media to fight some of their colleagues.

While addressing the press, Mr Kosoko vowed that the association will work against Nkechi.

"Nkechi Blessing has been suspended. She is not our member. I make bold to tell you this, we will work against her in this industry." he said

Many Nigerians found his statement distasteful.

Following the backlash, Mr Latin who is the president of the association, has tendered a public apology on behalf of the veteran actor.

Watch video;


Pharmacist Ocheido Reveals How A Nurse Made Her Disabled

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 07:00 AM PDT

A pharmacist named Blessing Mary Ocheido has taken to her Facebook page to narrate how a nurse made her lose her ability to walk.

In her post, she wrote:

"It's officially 14 days to my birthday!💃🏼💃🏼

"As such, my 14 days of gratitude begin today..

"Today, I'm grateful that a major disability I suffered in my childhood did not destroy me.

"Growing up, I was a rambunctious kid; I loved to play, dance and make mischief. My mum loves to tell stories of my numerous troublesome acts like almost getting myself drowned in the bathtub while everyone was going frantic looking for me.

"I was perfect kid- healthy, precocious and beautiful. Then I fell ill with malaria and was taken to a clinic. My mum said the moment the nurse injected me, she knew something went wrong. A large chunk of blood jutted out because apparently, the syringe had gone in wrongly and hit my sciatic nerve. When my mum complained, she was told there was nothing to it.

"However, as soon as we got home, I fell in front of the door and that was the last day I ever walked… It's been over twenty years of navigating a developing society like Nigeria with a disability and I must confess, it has been immensely difficult.

"Nevertheless, I'm grateful that my disability did not stop me or define my fate negatively. I have gone on to become almost everything I dreamt of as a child- a pharmacist, writer and owner of a thriving business. Sailing on the wings of my experience, I have even become an international advocate for persons with disabilities working closely with organizations like UN Women, One Young World, British Council, We are Family Foundation, Pollination Project and Voice Global.

"There's much more I have my eyes set on, nevertheless, I'm truly grateful for how far I've come in spite of how much life stacked up against me from the start.

"I'm grateful that I have been able to look past the hate, the discrimination, the mockery, the pain and to have stayed the course. Totally grateful.

"#14DaysOfGratitude
#day1
#birthdaycountdown."

Davido’s Hypeman, Special Spesh Reveals Singer’s Current Condition Days After Obama DMW’s Death

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 06:00 AM PDT

Special Spesh, the hype man for Nigerian musician David Adeleke, also known as Davido, has published a selfie of him just days after his close buddy, Obama DMW, passed away.

Obama DMW, a close acquaintance of pop musician Davido, died after a suspected heart attack.

Late Obama DMW, also known as Habeeb Uthman, was believed to have driven himself to a hospital in Lekki, Lagos State, on Tuesday to complain about being sick, but he died later that day and was buried the next day, according to Islamic customs.

Despite the mounting concerns and worries expressed by his fans, the phenomenal musician has yet to make a public statement in the aftermath of Obama's death.

To assuage fans' fears, his manager, SpecialSpesh, posted a snapshot of him on Instagram, indicating that he's well.

Sharing the photo, he captioned it; 'Baddest is with me and he is ok they will only try but they will never break him. The mission, the Goal, the motivation and the skin is different.'

Baba Ijesha’s Alleged R*pe: Comedienne Princess slams actress Iya Rainbow over her recent interview

Posted: 04 Jul 2021 05:30 AM PDT

Comedienne, Princess, has come out to blast veteran actress, Iya Rainbow, over her recent interview with BBC Yoruba.

Iya Rainbow in her interview said she reached out to Princess to drop the case against Baba Ijesha but she refused. In her interview, Iya Rainbow said affter everything, Baba Ijesha has now been released on bail. Read here.

Princess saw the interview and has now reacted. Describing Iya Rainbow as an irresponsible mother, a visibly angry Princess said she is ashamed of the veteran actress for her comment.

"Mama Rainbow, I am ashamed of you. You are not a good mother. I regret I ever respected you. I regret that I ever saw you as a mother and grandmother.

You said you called for four days and that I did not answer you and that now they have released him.

For your information, you called me just once, telling me that I should go and release him. You were instructing me and I never disrespected you. I even took my time to explain to you. You told me that Baba Ijesha called you to help him beg me that he has offended me. I then asked you if he told you what he did and you said no he didn't.

I then explained to you that this is what he did and you were shaking on the phone in shock. You pleaded with me to send my house address to you. On the third day, you called me saying what I disclosed to you really hurt you and that you could tell I wasn't okay, that I was crying and I wasn't myself. You now asked for my house address so you would come and see me. I sent you the address, you never came. You didn't come because it didn't affect you. You felt like I wasn't your child. You gave birth to your own children, Mama Rainbow! When your child had issues with his Instagram page, I saw how you came out to plead. That was your child. You know how to take care of your own child but because I am another person's child, you called me and was telling to go and release a person who was in police custody for a crime.

I was crying that day. I wasn't happy. I explained everything to you. You were now pretending like you were a good mother. Have you come to see me since then? Have you called me since them to even check up on me? You are now saying while in court I was looking for a way to sneak out? You are an elder. What your eyes did not see you are not supposed to say it.

You can just imagine. Mama Rainbow that I held in high esteem. If I was your child or the victim was your child, would you have done that?

I did not expect this from you at all. You came and you were so insensitive to say you called me and were pleading for the case not to be escalated.

How can you say such a thing. Don't ever! Anything that concerns me please just stay away from it because I used to respect you up until this evening. It is a shame.

If I was your child, would you come to me and say I should go and release somebody that is in police custody for a crime they are investigating? and then you go online to start saying I wanted to sneak out(of the court). Were you there? Were you with me when I was in court?

Who are you Mama Rainbow? You are supposed to be a role model, a grandmother, a strong christian? I am ashamed of you that you can come for me in that way at your age. Are you praying for this to happen to your children or your children's children? If this happened to you, would you handle it this way? Must you talk Mama Rainbow.

How can you? You are an elderly woman. You should know better.You collected my home address. For what? To be sharing it among people. To be gossiping behind my back. I never said a word. Then you went online to go and say it again. Do you think I am afraid of you? Mama Rainbow! You are not worthy of the respect I gave to you. I Princess Oluwadamilola will stand for my child till the end. I will stand for all the other victims. I will stand for any body that has been molested or defiled. You Mama Rainbow, what do you stand for? " she said angrily


Previous
Next Post »