Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Man appreciates lady who paid his school fees to enable him to write his final exams –“You made a doctor”

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 06:00 AM PST

A lady identified on the bird app, Twitter as @fisayoade_ recently showed off the appreciation message she got from a man she helped by paying his school fees.

According to the screenshot she shared, the man had requested her assistance in paying his tuition fee to enable him to write his final exams, which she generously did.

After a while, the man didn't forget to show appreciation as he came back to thank her for the altruistic act she exhibited while affirming that she made him a doctor.

In his words:

"Hi Fisayo. Good morning. If you read thru our chat. I was the guy who sent a message to ask for school fees to write my final exams in school.

I am a doctor now and I want to appreciate you for it.

God bless you for all you do.

You made a doctor".

See chat below:


Sharing the tweet, she wrote:

"Best news today! This warmed my heart

Thank God!"

Refer to the tweet below:


Reno Omokri chides Baba Fryo for calling out Davido over ₦250M donations – What did you do for others when you were at the top?

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

Activist, Reno Omokri has tackled the veteran singer, Baba Fryo over his recent comment following Davido's N250 million donations.

Baba Fryo who took to his Instagram page to express how displeased he is that Davido abandoned him when he was in need and in a recent development gave out a whopping sum of N250M to orphans, got a response from Reno Omokri who questioned his entitlement mentality.

Speaking further, the prolific author demanded to know who Fryo helped when he was at the top and what he achieved when he was young.

In Reno's words:

"Honestly, I can't believe the entitlement mentality that Baba Fryo displayed. How can you condemn Davido's ₦250 million donation to orphanages because "someone like me who is popular and well known was not helped, it is people and orphanages that no one knows that is being helped"?

You say you are popular. Use your popularity to help yourself, and allow the young man help orphans who have no popularity to capitalise on. Scripture says "It is good for a man to bear the yoke while he is young"-Lamentations 3:27. What did Fryo do for others when he was on top? No. Wrong question. What did he even do for himself when he was young?
 
Has he shown initiative? Did he even publish his account number, like Davido did, and people refused to donate? Other celebrities saw Davido's action, and instead of complaining, they emulated him, published their account numbers and got love from their fans. Including two twins who just reunited.

Wow! I have never seen such entitlement in my life. Help me because I am popular? Really? Davido is young enough to be Fryo's son. There is no better advert for the proverb that wisdom does not come with age than the case of Fryo and Davido. Use your youth well so you don't end up like…"

See the post below;

Mcsmith Ochendo tells celebrities who emulated Davido –Give out the whole money to your villagers

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 04:30 AM PST

Nollywood actor, Mcsmith Ochendo has called on all celebrities who emulated Davido by posting their bank account details online for it to be credited by fans and fellow celebrities to disburse all funds generated to their villagers immediately.

Taking to his Instagram page to share the video, the thespian called the attention of these celebrities to the fact that Davido gave out all the money which amounted to N200M alongside N50M from his personal funds to orphanages.

According to him, celebrities shouldn't bother giving theirs to orphanage homes, hence Davido has taken care of that, rather they should donate all funds generated to their villagers.



He further threatened to drag them mercilessly if they fail to do so.

Watch the video below:

Scores injured as Davido and his crew reportedly get into a scuffle at a club in Dubai

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 04:00 AM PST

Singer, Davido and his crew members are reported to have gotten into a fight with another group at a club in Dubai.

According to reports, some patrons were said to have stormed the club and bought lots of drinks while Davido upon his arrival ordered a bottle of Azul and Don Julio.

This set of clubbers on seeing this, brought out their phones and began to record the crooner, when the bouncers informed them that Davido wasn't pleased with the act, arguments broke out and Davido's men and the patrons got into a fierce bout.It was also disclosed that one of the patrons collapsed after a bottle was blasted on his head. Along the line, the police intervened, but some female clubbers accused Davido's men of seizing their phones.

Check out the post below:

Lyta’s baby mama dragged over reason for keeping son’s cloth on her always – “Get therapy, stop looking for pity on internet”

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 03:30 AM PST

Kemi Ayorinde, the baby mama of popular singer, Lyta, faces heavy backlash on social media after revealing the reason for always having a piece of her son's cloth with her.

Kemi had taken to her Instastory page to note that at any moment, she has always kept the clothing of her son with her even when he's nowhere around her.

"I always get asked why I take a piece of my Baby's clothing/items with me wherever Igo especially when his not around me
Well that's simple because since I suffer from a heart condition, i just wanna have a backup of him with me to hold onto, if I was to ever take my last breath without him being there… His all I have and his one person that brings me so much comfort.," she wrote.


Kemi's claim was however met with criticism that buttressed on the mother of one taking her affairs off social media.

See some reactions below …



BBNaija star, Venita Akpofure Apologises To Esther Agunbiade Months After Their Issues On Twitter

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 03:00 AM PST

Several months after dragging each other on social media, former BBNaija housemates Venita Akpofure and Esther have called a truce.

Venita sent out an apology after Esther's tweet on Sunday, November 21, 2021.

"Cleanse your space and cultivate love," Esther tweeted.

Venita went on to stretch out an olive branch while also apologizing for the comments she made some months ago.

"In the spirit of this tweet, I apologize to you in full. I totally jumped the gun. I know you have accepted my apology in person months ago but I'm big on principles. If the offense was public, the apology should have the same energy. As usual you look amazing. May Favour b urs," she tweeted.
 
Esther and Venita's rift started during the fifth season's reunion of BBNaija.

Tolani Baj shocked many viewers when she talked about her getting "closer" to Neo.This sparked a lot of uproar on social media as many slammed and took sides with the reality TV stars involved in the love triangle.

Just like many followers of the show, Esther, a former housemate took a swipe at Tolani Baj.It didn't take long before Venita replied Esther, comparing her to the saying 'kettle calling pot black.'

"Be guided! We know how you move around your friend's love interest boo!" she replied. And that marked the beginning of their dispute, which finally came to an end yesterday.

Davido’s Manager Celebrates Singer On Birthday –Why I Love You With Everything In Me

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 02:30 AM PST

As thousands of friends, fans and family members continue to celebrate singer, Davido on his birthday, his manager and business partner for over a decade, Asa Asika, has taken to social media to commemorate with him with a loving note.

The talent manager declared his love for his friend and client with everything in him. Asika said, "Words won't do justice to this! David Adeleke when you said to me you wanted to pursue a career in music and I agreed to be your manager, I didn't know we would have these many stories!

"Just know that I am so proud of you and admire the kind of person you are! I love you with everything in me, ten years in and we have so much more to do! Happy birthday to a man of the people! We are going to use this music to change the world!!! Till the wheels fall off 014."

The multiple award-winning singer is currently in Dubai celebrating his birthday with his friends and family.

Celebrating the singer, other Nigerian A-list celebrities have taken to their social media accounts to praise the Dami Duro singer.

Popular Nollywood actress, Eniola Badmus, while sharing a video snippet of her 'spraying' money on the singer via her Instagram account simply wrote, "Big Big birthday shoutout to my brother @davido." (sic).

Also, music enthusiast, Soso Soberekon via his verified Instagram handle wrote, "Happy Birthday @davido 250 million years fall on you!!! Today we shut down Dubai."

Reality star, Tega Dominic Involved In Car Accident

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 02:00 AM PST

Former Bbnaija housemate, Tega Dominic has shared photos of her damaged car after she crashed it over the weekend.

Thanking God for sparing her life, the mother of one tweeted:

"Child of a praying mother… Thank you abba father, not another one tonight.. all I am I am saying is, it is not yet my time.. this new age and more is a must..Tell God thank you for me🙏 "




Antwain Fowler (Big TJ) dies at age 6

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 01:30 AM PST

American internet sensationalist, Antwain Fowler, better known as Big TJ loses his life to the cold hands of death at the tender age of six.

The social media star who was famous following his "where we bout to eat at" video that went viral had reportedly undergone about 25 surgeries in just five years due to a persistent condition.

Taking to Instagram to announce his passing, Antwain Fowler's mother, China, wrote, "Never in a million years My heart is out my chest!!!!"

Watch the video below …

Duncan Mighty vents at man who requested to be addressed as a woman – I’ll remove your makeup if you try that next time

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 01:00 AM PST

Popular singer, Duncan Mighty has fumed at an undisclosed man he met recently who requested to be addressed as a woman.The 'Port-Harcourt Boy' crooner in a video he shared on Instagram narrated his encounter with a man who reprimanded him after he addressed him as a man.

According to him, the man told him that he's a woman and should be addressed as such. This is what triggered the anger of Duncan Mighty who decided to issue a stern warning to him via social media.

The singer vowed to wipe off all the makeup on his face if he ever tries such a thing with him again.

Captioning the post, he wrote:

"If tag you now dem go say na chasing clt. But you know yourself the next time you try me i swear i go remove your make-up"

See the post below:

Reactions as Davido’s dad hands out bags of money to inlaws of Shina Rambo –“Like father like son”

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 12:30 AM PST

Davido's father, Adedeji Adeleke hands out bags of cash to in-laws of Shina Rambo, his nephew, at his wedding introduction.

In the video making rounds on social media, Chief Adeleke appreciated the in-laws for giving them their daughter and becoming part of their family.

This is coming after Chief Adeleke's son, Davido, handed out his N250M crowdfunding to charity whom he quoted to need the funds more than himself.


This, however, sparked reactions on social media from many who hailed the family of their generosity.

Watch the video below …

See some reactions below …



 

Baba Fryo calls out Davido following N250M donation to charity –He abandoned me when I was depressed

Posted: 23 Nov 2021 12:00 AM PST

Singer, Baba Fryo has called out the music star, Davido for abandoning him when he was depressed and needed financial assistance.

According to Baba Fryo, Davido willingly gave out his birthday donations of N200M alongside an added fund of N50M from his pocket to orphanage homes but refused to help him when he was in great need.

The 'Dem Go Dey Pose' crooner lamented greatly in a video he shared on his Instagram page. He disclosed that after so much plea for help, the people who came to his aid were those who didn't know him in person, while all his colleagues deserted him.

In his words:

"There is something that I have been seeing on social media that someone gifted orphanages N250m. To me, the thing is funny. I remember when I was depressed, they tagged many of my colleagues; they tagged Davido, Tuface, and others but none of them responded. It was people that have never seen me in this life, people that do not know me that responded.

"This N200m that I am hearing about and seeing on social media is surprising to me. If someone like me who is popular and well known was not helped, it is people and orphanages that no one knows that is being helped; they are been given N250m, it is so funny. I will advise Nigerians and Black people to be wise and stop all these things.

"White people do not do all these things. All what we are doing will look so funny to them. I am not saying that giving money to orphanages is a bad thing because I am an ambassador to an NGO that I do not collect a dime from. But funny enough, when I was depressed and had problems, the NGO did not respond. You see how we are. Now I am seeing N200m and they are posting it everywhere; Davido gives money to orphanages and inaugurates a five-man committee to distribute that money. Everything sounds funny to me.

"If I see someone doing good, I appreciate them; I am not saying it is a bad thing. I just want to ask people why someone like me that people know, who cried out; why did they not help the person that they know? It is the people that they do not know or can see their faces that they are helping out with N250m. Let's all think; will we call that wickedness or ignorance?
"I tagged the Delta, Rivers and Lagos State government, none of them came to my aid. Is that wickedness or ignorance? But today I am seeing that N250m is going to be distributed to orphanages all over Nigeria. I will advise Nigerians to open their eyes."

Watch the video below:

Daddy Freeze – Davido gave out his money for Rolls Royce to the needy while pastors use offerings to buy Rolls Royce

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 11:30 PM PST

On-air personality, Daddy Freeze takes to social media to tackle people who claim that Davido is worldly despite his recent act of generosity.

In a recent post he made via Instagram, the leader of the Free the Sheeple movement recounted how Davido used cash donated by fans and fellow celebrities to enable him 'clear' his Rolls Royce to help the needy while pastors of today use offerings meant to help the needy to purchase the same luxurious ride.

According to Daddy Freeze, despite this rare move, people still tag the singer as worldly and refer to pastors as spiritual.

Quoting him;

"They gave Davido money for Rolls Royce, he gave it to the needy.

While pastors receive money through offering meant for the needy (Acts 4:32-35), and use it to buy Rolls RoyceYet Davido is worldly and your pastors are spiritual."

See the post below:



Tayo Faniran reveals – How an organization used D’banj to scam me of $100k

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 11:00 PM PST

Ex-housemate of the Big Brother Africa show, Tayo Faniran has recounted how a certain organization used singer, D'banj to scam him of a $100k deal.

Illuminating the various hurdles of life he has faced, the reality star opened up on how he was declared winner of an ambassadorial deal with One Campaign; a deal that would have earned him $100,000, but the organization never fulfilled their promise.

According to him, they used his favourite artiste, D'banj to play him as the deal never saw the light of the day.

In his words:

"It's seven years today and this is my healing process,I entered BBA as a vibrant young man,did my best then to represent my country well and entertain Africa,but Yorubas say when a big problem knocks you down ,smaller ones will start jumping on you,and you keep wondering what happened to me,for years after the show I didn't know what I was doing because all these things disorganised me,for me to be the man I want to be today,I must first deal with what broke the boy that I was,it's such a shame for "ONE campaign " an organisation that's meant to fight for and help people,but you guys were heartless to the 28 year old Tayo Faniran,if you guys gave me what you promised me then,there was a possibility of me getting a bit of relief from what happened to me on that stage, to everyone who had a hand in my pains ,gbogbo yin laki o,your own pains shall be everlasting except you right the wrongs done to me 🤞🏿"

Refer to the post below:



Kiddwaya’s mum throws shade – “It took only one humble artist 24hrs to embarrass all billionaires”

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 10:30 PM PST

Billionaire's wife, Susan Waya subtly attacks successful figures across the country amidst Davido's N250M donation to charity.

This is coming following the Afrobeat singer's generous donation to charity after raising over N200M in three days.

According to Kiddwaya's mum, Davido exhibited the qualities of a philanthropist that many successful figures in Nigeria would not have thought of.

"It took only one humble artist 24hrs to embarrass all the billionaires put together! Jet flying pastors with mansions, political leaders not caring about those wallowing in poverty! #werisebyliftingothers," she wrote.


Her claim however sparked reactions that focused on the idiom of throwing stones in a glasshouse.

See some reactions below …




Whitemoney notifies the public of his new chieftaincy title – “Address me as a chief”

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 10:00 PM PST

Big Brother Naija season 6 winner, Hazel Oyeze Onoduenyi better known as Whitemoney has hinted at his recently bagged chieftaincy title.

Whitemoney over the weekend took a chieftaincy title and was appointed as the Creative Arts Ambassador during his homecoming in Enugu State.

In light of these latest achievements, the 29-year-old businessman took to his Instagram page to share a photo of himself donned in traditional attire, 'Isi Agu' while holding a hand fan that had his title boldly written on it.

Whitemoney who has undoubtedly stepped up his game urged the public to address him as a Chief henceforth.Captioning the post, he wrote:

"Our people say, when a child washes his hands well, he may sit with the elders. The good people of Udi Local Government in Enugu State have honoured me, and I have stepped up to the challenge!"

Allow me to reintroduce myself "My name is Chief Hazel Oyeze Onoduenyi, Ozopuru Ini Ego 1 Na Udi Kingdom 👑"

Coronation by Igwe Paul Ogbodo, Chairman Traditional Ruler of Igwes Council, Udi Local Government Area in Enugu State.

Please moving forward when you see me Address me as a CHIEF"

Check out the post below:

Malivelihood blesses wife with N40M wristwatch, other items on her birthday

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 09:30 PM PST

Celebrity jeweler, Malivelihood gifts his darling wife, Deola Smart, a wristwatch worth N40M, alongside other luxurious gifts in celebration of her birthday.

The couple who was once rumored to have separated after barely a year into their marriage continues to wax stronger by the day as the husband splashes millions of naira to celebrate his wife.


Sharing photos of her birthday gifts, Malivelihood wrote, "My baby gift coming in brand new 2021 factory bacuette day date $78K. She's been asking me for this watch for a while. And it took me 3 years to get my hands on this particular watch. lol. Happy birthday."






Watch the video below …

Shippers take it to the Lord in prayer as Angel and Cross unfollow each other on Twitter

Posted: 22 Nov 2021 09:00 PM PST

Shippers of popular reality stars, Cross Ike and Angel Smith hold a live prayer session following a dispute between the duo that led to unfollowing one another on social media.The reason for the dispute between the once love birds on the Big brother Naija reality show remains unknown.

Hours after noticing that Cross and Angel had unfollowed each other on Twitter, shippers of the duo, CrossGel, hosted a live audio session to hold a prayer for their reconciliation.

Listen to the audio session of their prayer below …

Previous
Next Post »