Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Grammy: Tiwa Savage congratulates Tems following criticism from critics

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 03:30 AM PST

Songstress Tiwa Savage has congratulated her junior colleague Tems on her Grammy nomination, following criticism from Twitter users accusing her of not supporting her female colleagues.

In an Instagram post on Thursday, the 41-year-old congratulated Tems.

Tiwa also congratulated Angelique Kidjo, a Benniese-American music icon, on her Grammy nomination.

"It's a big win, but I'm especially proud of myself." I'm really looking forward to seeing my Queens ooo. Angelique Kidjo and Tems Baby," she wrote.

Tems received a nomination for Best Global Music Performance for her collaboration with Wizkid, 'Essence.'

Tiwa, on the other hand, did not congratulate her at the time, prompting Twitter users to accuse her of failing to support her female colleagues in the music industry.
Following Tems' global success, fans have drawn parallels between the two stars. Many consider her to be a bigger artist than Tiwa after her collaboration with Wizkid, which earned her global recognition, and her international collaboration with Canadian rapper Drake on his latest album Certified Lover Boy.

It is to note as well, that the "Try Me" Crooner, Tems, is the first Nigerian female singer to receive a Grammy nomination.

Actress Mary Remy Njoku tells ladies – “Hustle! Men don’t have the monopoly of making money”

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 03:00 AM PST

Actress Mary Remmy Njoku took to her Instagram page this morning to advice women of this generation.

In her post, the mum of three pointed out that women should ensure they are working and earning a living before waiting for "sombody's son to find them." She mentioned that men do not have the monopoly of making money.


Stressing that she is disappointed at the choices women of this generation make, she made reference to the story of a lady who went on a trip with a man outside Nigeria and was forced to move her ticket forward after she refused to have sex with him.

Read what Mary wrote…


Singer, Wizkid uses fan's phone to records himself in concert and returned it back

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 02:30 AM PST

Popular Nigerian singer has gone viral on social media after an adorable video of him went viral on social media.

In the video, Wizkid was captured on camera collecting the phone of one of his fans who were in the crowd at the 02 Forum. The superstar was performing one of the tracks from his popular album Made from Lagos when he was seen collecting the phone of a fan and recording himself.

It seems the fan who was standing in front of the crowd was trying to record the performance of the artist. Seeing that Wizkid took the phone and gave the fan an exclusive video of himself on stage.

After he took the phone from the fan, he asked the Dj to turn the music down and also asked the cheering audience to lower their voices as he recorded himself with the fan's phone and later gave it back to him.

Tiwa Savage Congratulates Tems On Her Grammy Nominations – I’m Excited For My Queen

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 02:00 AM PST

Singer Tiwa Savage has congratulated fast-rising singer Tems and legendary African singer Angelique Kidjo on their Grammy nominations at the 64th Grammy award nomination which was announced a few days ago.

The African bad girl took to her social media page to celebrate the exceptional female musicians noting that she is super excited for her queens and a big win for the female musicians in Africa. She wrote: "Big Win but I'm especially excited for my queens"


Actor, Mr Latin Reveals At Burial –All The Things We Did For Baba Suwe

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 01:30 AM PST

Bolaji Amusan, the President of the Theater Arts and Motion Picture Producers Association of Nigeria (TAMPAN) has corrected the claims famous actor Baba Suwe (real name Babatunde Omidina) was abandoned till he died.

Mr Latin as Amusan is popularly explained that:

"We, his colleagues, friends we did not leave him. We tried our best. At the association level, we tried our best. I was here. I took him to Luth hospital. He was there for 26days without paying a penny, 2017 we paid for his hospital bill. 2019 we paid for his bill.

And individually we are trying as much possible to do what is expected of us and that is just the truth but we cannot be doing something for our members and we be going on the pages of the newspapers to say ooo, we gave him N20,000 yesterday…Baba Suwe is so dear to us, he was an enigma. A complete theatre practitioner, a friend, a colleague, an associate. Individually we tried our best, association level we tried our best but unfortunately, we lost him."

Mr Latin who made the clarification while speaking to the media at Baba Suwe's burial ceremony in Ikorodu, however, shied away from revealing the nature of the late actor's prolonged illness.
 
"That is for the family to say" he stated when prodded.

Baba Suwe, 63, was buried today at his residence on Oluwatimiro street, Ewu Elepe Busstop, Ijede Road, Ikorodu Lagos State.

He was buried beside the grave of his late wife, the equally popular Monsurat Omidina better known as Moladun Kenkelewu (or simply Moladun).

Blessing Okoro recounts, shares grass to grace story – “My mom fell from a ladder, broke her legs because of N1500”

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 01:00 AM PST

Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro Nkiruka illuminates the hurdles she and her mother passed through at the early stages of her life.

The relationship therapist in a lengthy post she made via her Instagram page narrated how her mother struggled to raise her while engaging in several petit businesses and jobs. She disclosed how her mom sold sachet water, used clothes and on an occasion fell from a ladder and broke her legs in a bid to earn N1500.

She further narrated how opted for early marriage with the initial idea that her problems would be solved, but unfortunately, it turned out to be hell.

However, 14 years after, Blessing Okoro disclosed that all her sufferings are gradually fading away as she is currently on a path to greater heights.


She wrote:

"I remember watching my mum struggle , from ice water to pure water, to ok used clothes,selling babies wear , to kitchen utensils , before her shop got burnt down in oshodi, everything she had in her life gone. She started over again, I watched my mum, wake up everyday to travel to go buy goods, struggle to sell it, before we moved to Enugu. The struggle continued, she will be jumping ladders, I remember the day she fell from ladder just because of 1500 naira and broke her legs 😫. As I watched her as a little gal, I vowed not to struggle like my mum , I did not know how but I knew I wanted a better life . I said I will work with my BRAINS not Hands 😤work smart not hard .

I now rushed to marry, thinking it was a short cut from suffering 😦, I rush to marry because I wanted a better life and I felt he could give it to me, but
I made the worst mistake of my life . That was the beginning of my doom . Infact at 18 years I started suffering more than my mum . looked older than my age, because the marriage was hell . I told my ex that I will leave him, he taught I was joking, I told him I don't want this life , I saw myself borrowing just to cloth my first son on his child dedication. I told my ex I want to work and he said I should start recharge card business 😩, I told him I can use my brains but he said I no get brains 😶. Then I left him. . I choose my destiny, I took that risk, I wanted more from life . I took that walk .
14 years down the line , I can hit my chest and say NKIRUKA (the future is really bigger ) I have not reached where I am going but the process is so interesting 🙏🙏🙏.
Wrong marriage can kill ur Destiny…,
Some of u might never succeed until u let some people go …"

See the post below:

Lord Lamba acquires third Mercedes-Benz in space of a year

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 12:30 AM PST

Popular Instagram comedian, Lord Lamba has acquired his third Mercedes-Benz car within a space of one year.

In a recent video that surfaced online, the exotic whip could be seen chilling in a garage adorned with its likes.

A voice could also be heard in the background congratulating the skit maker on this new acquisition and went on to brag about how nice and expensive his garage is.


Watch the video below:

It is no longer in doubt that these online comedians are making it big, recently, Nasty Blaq also flaunted his Mercedez-Benz car said to be worth millions of naira. 

Man narrates –How Wizkid paid for my mother’s surgery

Posted: 26 Nov 2021 12:00 AM PST

Twitter user identified by his handle as @DaviidAnthony narrates how the Grammy winner, Ayodeji Balogun Ibrahim better known as Wizkid paid for his mother's surgery.\

The netizen who took to the micro-blogging platform to appreciate the highly-rated crooner revealed how Wizkid made his year by footing the bills for his mother's surgery. He also professed so much love for the singer due to this kind gesture.

Speaking further, he disclosed that the surgery was a successful one.

In his words:

"Omo I can't keep my cool mehn. This man @wizkid just made my year!! Love you like crazy broo!! Damn, he paid for my mother's surgery! I dey speechless mann! I felt helpless mann!! That woman is my world. It's done and was a successful one."

See screenshot below:


Anita Joseph celebrates husband, recounts their love story of how she met him

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 11:30 PM PST

Popular Nollywood actress, Anita Joseph narrates, in summary, the love story of how she met her husband, MC Fish.

This is coming days after the thespian was dragged for 'always making a fool of her husband' without ever celebrating him.

In an appreciation note, Anita Joseph hints at how they met and how her friend discouraged her from working out a relationship.


"My Husband is King Oloworimi 💋
…. If you don't treat a good man good, please don't expect anything in return 🚶🏻‍♂️
…..
I still remember the ist Day I met my husband 🙈
June 8th 2017 🎤🤳🏻
One of my friend discouraged me sha 😄she hated my hubby then Boyfriend 🤣🤣
In her voice this hype man giaaaa noooo jor you know Whi you be plzzz plzzzzzzz👋
I say dat hype man Dey make me go Gaga oh leave this talk"
Well you won't understand LOVE till it hits you 😄
…..
See Una eyes moving Una wan hear story 🏃‍♀️😂🤣🤣
No is for another Day ❤️💙," she wrote.

Comedian, Klint Da Drunk luckily escapes car accident

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 11:00 PM PST

Popular stand-up comedian, Klint Da Drunk expresses utmost gratitude after narrowly surviving a car accident.

The entertainer who made it out of the car crash without a scratch took to his Instagram page to share pictures from the scenery.

"Can't believe I was in this car! Lord God Almighty, I thank you for the gift of life. You saved me and brought me out without a single scratch. Lord, I thank you! #ithankyoulord #saved," he wrote.



Fans and well-wishers glorified God on behalf of Klint Da Drunk for the narrow escape from the event of the crash.

Tonto Dikeh reacts viral videos of snakes in toilet bowls

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 10:30 PM PST

Nollywood actress, Tonto Dikeh has reacted to what seems to be a trending issue online which has to do with videos of snakes in toilet bowls.

Fear undoubtedly gripped Nigerians after a NAF operative died courtesy of a snake that bit her while she was using the restroom.

The mother of one in a recent Instagram page requested to know if adult potties are available for sale. According to her, after watching several viral videos pertaining to snakes in toilet bowls, she gets really scared of using her toilet.

In her words:

"Do they sell adult potty (trainer)? After watching all these snake toilet videos my heart weak to go take a poo"

See post below:


Highlight of BBNaija Shine Ya Eye reality stars in Dubai As They Get Ready For Tonight Party

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 10:00 PM PST

Barely 24-hours after some of the Big Brother Naija 'Shine Ya Eye' reality stars landed in Dubai, memories have been created already.

The ex-housemates who landed in the United Arab Emirates some hours ago for the One Africa Music Fest are having the best time of their lives.

Liquorose could be seen in a video glorifying an African delicacy, Amala, that she had for dinner, while Cross, Jaypaul, and others too shared moments of fun from their party time.


Watch the videos below …

 

 

Don Jazzy suggest ulternative method of using the toilet - "This thing is not funny anymore"

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 09:30 PM PST

Music producer, Don Jazzy takes to social media to provide an alternative method of using the toilet following viral videos of snakes in toilet bowls.

Following the news of the NAF operative that died as a result of a snake that bit her while using the toilet, subsequent videos of snakes in toilet bowls have surfaced on social media thereby instilling fear in Nigerians.

In light of this, the music mogul who seems to be worried shared a video on his Instagram page where he demonstrated a new method of standing and looking into the toilet while obeying the call of nature.

Sharing the video, he wrote:

"Finding alternative ways to sh*t ooo. This thing is not funny anymore"

Watch the video below:

In related news, Tonto Dikeh also demanded to know if adult potties are available for sale owing to this disturbing trend.

 

Blessing Okoro recounts, shares grass to grace story – “My mom fell from a ladder, broke her legs because of N1500”

Posted: 25 Nov 2021 09:00 PM PST

Relationship expert, Blessing Okoro Nkiruka illuminates the hurdles she and her mother passed through at the early stages of her life.

The relationship therapist in a lengthy post she made via her Instagram page narrated how her mother struggled to raise her while engaging in several petit businesses and jobs. She disclosed how her mom sold sachet water, used clothes and on an occasion fell from a ladder and broke her legs in a bid to earn N1500.

She further narrated how opted for early marriage with the initial idea that her problems would be solved, but unfortunately, it turned out to be hell.

However, 14 years after, Blessing Okoro disclosed that all her sufferings are gradually fading away as she is currently on a path to greater heights.


She wrote:

"I remember watching my mum struggle , from ice water to pure water, to ok used clothes,selling babies wear , to kitchen utensils , before her shop got burnt down in oshodi, everything she had in her life gone. She started over again, I watched my mum, wake up everyday to travel to go buy goods, struggle to sell it, before we moved to Enugu. The struggle continued, she will be jumping ladders, I remember the day she fell from ladder just because of 1500 naira and broke her legs 😫. As I watched her as a little gal, I vowed not to struggle like my mum , I did not know how but I knew I wanted a better life . I said I will work with my BRAINS not Hands 😤work smart not hard .

I now rushed to marry, thinking it was a short cut from suffering 😦, I rush to marry because I wanted a better life and I felt he could give it to me, but
I made the worst mistake of my life . That was the beginning of my doom . Infact at 18 years I started suffering more than my mum . looked older than my age, because the marriage was hell . I told my ex that I will leave him, he taught I was joking, I told him I don't want this life , I saw myself borrowing just to cloth my first son on his child dedication. I told my ex I want to work and he said I should start recharge card business 😩, I told him I can use my brains but he said I no get brains 😶. Then I left him. . I choose my destiny, I took that risk, I wanted more from life . I took that walk .
14 years down the line , I can hit my chest and say NKIRUKA (the future is really bigger ) I have not reached where I am going but the process is so interesting 🙏🙏🙏.
Wrong marriage can kill ur Destiny…,
Some of u might never succeed until u let some people go …"

See the post below:

Previous
Next Post »