Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Lady mentions Obi Cubana after receiving beating of her life

Posted: 08 Nov 2021 12:30 AM PST

A lady identified as Jessica Eze has called out Nigerian businessman, Obi Cubana, after allegedly getting abused at his club in Enugu.

According to the lady who called on Obi Cubana and the entire Cubana empire to come to her aid, she was allegedly molested and beaten at the club.

Speaking on what led to the beating, Jessica said she was at the club with her friends to celebrate a friend's birthday party.


While the birthday party was going on, she stepped outside to answer a call and then she met the bouncers abusing one of her friends outside the club.

According to her, the bouncers were harassing her friend and ordering her to leave the club totally.

Jessica stated that she decided to lend her voice to the matter, and just after approaching the bouncers to confront them, they pounced on her and began to assault her.

Read her story below;







Nigerians react to hilarious video of Cross speaking Igbo language – “My papa say I be Igbo”

Posted: 08 Nov 2021 12:00 AM PST

A hilarious video of former BBNaija housemate, Cross struggling to speak his language in new interview, has sparked reactions on social media.

Apparently, the reality TV star who hails from Oba in Anambra state, was interviewed in Igbo, and he couldn't answer the questions fluently.

In the interview, Cross was asked about his journey to Big Brother's house and how he was able to cope with all the hurdles which he faced while in the house.

Reacting to this, Cross kept on struggling to speak Igbo, as he found it difficult to be fluent in speaking the language.

At a point, he had to apologize to his Igbo brothers and sisters for his inability to speak well.

Watch video below!

Fan advices Pere to get signed by brands –“You’re killing your brand, it’s not about fan’s love and movie career only”

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:30 PM PST

Popular reality star, Pere Egbi receives advice from a fan who is bothered about his focus on his movie career while relegating brand endorsements.

In an exchange on Instagram, a concerned fan called the attention of the reality star to his disinterest in attending organizers' parties, losing focus, and paying attention to being an actor only.

"@pereegbiofficial appreciate you fans but dude you need brands to sign you. You need to get a competent management team. You need to project yourself. Its not about fan love alone. You are gradually relegating yourself to the background. You dont attend organisers parties, you dont go for visits, you just act as if those things are not relevant. You are killing your brand all by yourself.


You are projecting your movie career but also use the opportunity to project yourself to brands too. You were voted Top 3 for a reason an you must get a team to connect yoi to good brands. See cross everywhere making moves. Fans are not the ones that will give you brand endorsements. First thing first. Dont get carried away by fans hype an loss the main reason you needed the platform," the fan wrote.

In reaction, Pere corrected the assumption of not getting signed by brands as he emphasizes living his life on a low.


Late CEO of collapsed Ikoyi building, Femi Osibona, preaching in throwback video – “I am a proof that God is real”

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 11:00 PM PST

Throwback video of the late CEO of collapsed Ikoyi building in Lagos, Femi Osibona, surfaces where he preached about getting to know God.

The deceased businessman who was found dead after four days under the rubble of the collapsed 21-story building in Ikoyi is spotted in a video preaching the gospel.

"Go and learn about God; don't let anyone deceive you. When you learn about God, you will get freedom. People are looking for mugus, People are looking for 419," Femi Osibona said in part dressed in his Celestial Church's garment.

Watch the video below …

Ada Ameh narrates amidst tears –“I got pregnant with my daughter at 13 out of peer pressure, losing her broke me”

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 10:30 PM PST

Veteran Nollywood actress, Ada Ameh opens up on the circumstances that led to the birth of her daughter at the age of 13.

In a recent interview with media personality Chude Jideonwo, the 25 years veteran actress noted that she got pregnant and had her child the same year out of peer pressure.

"It wasn't my parents; it was my peers. They introduced me to early sxx, and one thing led to another, I got pregnant. I got pregnant in March and had my baby same year," Ada Ameh said when asked about the circumstances of her early child birth.

Speaking on the loss of her only child, the Nollywood icon noted that it was the part of her life that left her broken.

"This was the one – losing my daughter – that broke me. What am I doing? What next? What am I going to do?

"That was my number one praise singer. That was my number one cheerleader. That was my prayer partner.

"I think this is the first time I am saying (these things) – not having anything like alcohol in my system at all since she passed – in an interview.

"Sometimes when I'm invited for some functions, I get myself knocked up. I just look at people knowing fully well that, they don't know I know by the way they stare at me. 'Should I just tell her sorry?'" she stated.

Watch the videos below …

Chioma Ifemeludike reveals – Confessing I slept with Apostle Suleman Johnson for money, took a toll on my mental health

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 10:00 PM PST

Nollywood actress, Chioma Grace Ifemeludike recounts how devastated and mentally drained she was after confessing to having been paid after sleeping with the Omega Fire Ministries International founder, Apostle Suleman Johnson.

Recall that the actress, months ago alleged that she and the pastor had some romantic escapades in which she was paid for the services rendered. This however generated brouhahas as she was dragged on social media.

However, reminiscing on the saga, during an exclusive interview with Saturday Sun revealed how disturbing and hard the confession was on her mental health while addressing other related issues.

Read the interview below:

You've been quite outspoken about issues concerning Nigeria lately. What prompted that?

It started way back when I was in the university. I was a staunch member of the National Association of Nigerian Students (NANS), which made me courageous and outspoken. I attended conventions and interacted with different student leaders across the 36 states and that gave me a lot of exposure. And then, I've always been someone that doesn't like injustice. I've always had this passion to speak out or stand up for people who are being intimidated, bullied, harassed and oppressed. I studied Political Science, so I have a good knowledge of politics coupled with the fact that I took part in student unionism. Yes, that was where it all started for me, and today, I've become an activist. I think it's one of my life's purposes and I don't regret following this path.

After your alleged incident with Apostle Suleiman, you cut your hair, what prompted that?

I cut my hair because I've always wanted to do so. It's not because of anything but I'd always planned to do it, I kept procrastinating; I just knew because it was a fashion thing and also because my hair needed to grow again. There were a lot of dead ends and corners so I needed to start again. Maybe the whole incident gave me more time and more reason to get it done. It's nothing serious; it's not really attached to the confession I made.

How has life been treating you since your confession?

Life has been great. Even though, in the first few days after the confession that went viral, the backlash kind of affected my mental health. But because I'm this kind of person who looks on to God and not man, I've always been very attached to God, so it wasn't difficult for me to find my feet spiritually, mentally and physically. Yes, things were tough for some days but over time, I had to deal with the situation in my head. And as the days went by, I was motivated and became stronger.

Have you been in any movie recently, how was the reception on set?

No, I haven't been on set and that's deliberate. I felt I needed to do some self-healing before I go for any job. And then, I had some personal emergencies that came up, so I've not even considered getting back to work. I think that would happen depending on how ready I am.

Some of your colleagues didn't stand by you during those trying times. Are you holding it against them?

I am not holding anything against them. People have their personal beliefs, faiths, decisions and characters, because we came from different homes and areas of life. People know what they know. People are people, so I don't blame them. That's how they felt and it's their way of expressing what they felt. I didn't even expect it because when you expect something, you could get disappointed. I knew that I was not going to get support from Nollywood, and that if I did, it's going to be very few people who are going to say, 'Oh… I know Chioma, she did this and I think it's worth it'. But I wasn't surprised at all and I don't hold anything against anybody, nothing! I totally understand their position and like I told one of them, 'what I did was bigger than anybody, and anyone who feels bad about it, I'll let them. But with time everyone will understand'.

Many people accused you of trying to extort money from Apostle Johnson Suleman. How would you react to that?

That's laughable. The people who know me know that money does not freak me. What freaks me is character. Money and power do not move me. I need money but money is not everything. There's a way I see life and there are things I value more than money. Extort whom? How much is he going to give me? Do you know the guilt I carried all these years for something that I did? I knew that I did it out of desperation; I did it because I wasn't acting right. So, fast-forward to today, I'm dealing with the guilt and I come out to spill it and people say I want to extort the person? I don't know how it works but even if they bring one billion dollars, I can't be moved. The truth is the truth. It's a fact, it's bigger than me, the universe has taken record and there is something bigger than the universe, something bigger than money and something that puts us here. We must always think beyond that. The day the world was created, the day everything you see was put together, money was not in the concept. Man conceptualized money and so, why would I want to do anything of that magnitude because of money? No, that's totally wrong. I never did it to extort money from anybody; it's just for my faith. So, children of God, I did it for my society and that's what will matter for decades; for centuries, that's what will count, not money.

How did you feel when the cleric denied your claims?

Did he deny it? The video that came out where he was saying something related (to the incident) was an old video. Apostle Suleman has not said anything about my confession. He hasn't said anything to the best of my knowledge and that is subject to investigation. To the best of my knowledge, he hasn't responded, he hasn't said yes or no. But if by any chance he said it's a fabricated story or that I'm lying or that he is denying, it's totally fine. I made an open confession, whoever that feels that what I said is false, he knows what to do, he knows where to go, I'm going to meet him there and the truth shall be established.

Have you reached out to him since then?

I haven't reached out to him because there's no need for it. I lost his number way back; after the second time we met, I deleted his number and moved on. But even, if I want to get his number or if I have it, there's actually no need (to call him). He's a married man and we have no business and association whatsoever. So, there is no need to reach out to him. If he does reach out to me, I don't even think there's anything we are going to talk about. So, I'm afraid I might even be available for that sort of communication. But I hold nothing against him. In fact, I appreciate the fact that he has not said or reacted much about this. Maybe, he's done personal healing or repentance, that's fine. But the truth needed to be said and established.

Some people said you should have donated the money Apostle Suleman gave you to charity? Did you do that?

Giving the money out to charity is not a big deal. If that's right, if that's in order, I'm going to do it. The first money was N250,000 and it was split because it was Linda Clems that gave that part to me. The second was the one he (Apostle Suleman) gave me directly and that was N300,000. So, it's a total of N550,000. I can give the money back to him, to his (church) members or to the society, but I need to be sure that it's the right thing to do. So, that's not a big deal. If that will help for the evil done, the evil of adultery with a man of God, if that is going to help for God to have mercy, why not? I'll gladly do it.

Why did you actually call out Apostle Suleman?

I did it because of my repentance, my walk with Christ, my new life, and my resolution to be a better person in Christ Jesus. Secondly, I'm an activist and I work with the community. There are people out there who are working hard to make sure that oppressors are being thoroughly dealt with. So, if a man of God becomes oppressive and the people he is fighting are the same people in my community, the same colleagues, it's not something you sit on, it's not something you ignore.

How do you think people will see me if I ignore it? How do you think that would make me look? What would be the reason for being quiet about such a thing that I know about this man, even when it affects me directly? So, it didn't come out of a desire to destroy anybody, it came out as a warning to people who feel that when they do things, it's concealed and they become so big, and that people are not going to be courageous enough to come out and say the truth.

Do you regret ever confessing your 'sins' publicly?

I have no iota of regret, not even one. In fact, I feel so great. A lot of great things have been happening to me from the day I made that confession. It's been a life-changing experience. So, why should I regret it? I did it because of my God and service to humanity. It cost me a lot, but it's always at a cost that something new and good would happen. It's always at a cost, a very sacrificial cost. So, yes, I did it, and I'm proud of it. I own it and I don't regret it.

How did your fiancé, your family react to the whole thing?

My fiancé was quite supportive because he was the first person I confessed to; I told him everything and many more. He's been in the picture even before I got baptized, he knows my spiritual life; he knows my relationship with God. So, when it was time, I told him. I said, 'this is what happened and I'm sorry. If you don't want to continue the relationship, that's okay' and he said 'no, I love that you are bold enough to tell me this. I want you to make it public, I can't keep it down anymore'. And I said, 'fine, if that's what's going to help you, then who am I not to do it?' So, my fiancé was very supportive, and thanks to him that I pulled through strongly. However, my family was tough, the calls and questions like 'how can you do this?' came up; everyone was angry. But I thank God for our spiritual leader who told them that it was good that I confessed. He said it might not be good for man but it's good for God as He approves of it.

Do you think this issue would jeopardize your chances of getting married in future?

Jeopardized my chances of getting married? No, never! In fact, it is even now that more suitors are coming for me! I have suitors today and I will always have suitors. I'm not worried; marriage is a done deal. I can't even marry a dumb person, because it's only a dumb that would say 'I can't marry you because of your past'. Why? Okay, are you trying to say if I didn't say anything, and I keep quiet about my past would make me any better? Some people have done worst things, terrible things. I think that's even the best wife or husband to have, people who are ready to spill the truth whenever and at any cost. So, my suitors have even increased. I'm now the one to make a choice. I'm the one to decide who and when.

BBNaija's Angel and Kiddwaya spotted having a good time at a party

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 09:30 PM PST

Big Brother Naija stars, Kiddwaya and Angel were recently spotted having a good time together at a beach party last night, 6th November 2021.

The ex-Shine Ya Eye housemate who seems not to be slowing down at all when it comes to linking up with notable celebrities was spotted with the ex-Lockdown housemate and billionaire's son, Kiddwaya.


The duo could be seen vibing to the song that was being played as they enjoyed every bit of the moment.

Watch the video below:

Reacting to this, social media users have shared their various opinions:

esta0008 wrote:

"Remember Angel is her name Everyone loves her She is really an Angel from heaven"

iamcristinavladimir wrote:

"Angel haters, what is really your problems did she eat your food. Yesterday you guys dragged her just because Cross was having fun. So she should not mingle because you guys are her God abi. I have not seen this kind of hate on a person that did nothing to you all. Tomorrow you say Nigeria will be better with this kind of hate. If you hate someone that has not done anything to you how much more those that have. Any rubbish comment under my post I will block you."

chizomamartins wrote:

"Angel 😇 go reach everybody make una calm down 😢"

skinnyhartey wrote:

"Imagine angel, kidd and Erica in the same bbnaija season 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂"

againstthegrain14 wrote:

"Waya Waya! My guy! Please I like the distance, keep it that way 😂"

Sammie reminisces after reuniting with family – How my mother gave me N900 when going for BBN

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 09:00 PM PST

Popular reality star, Sammie reminisces on his mother's gesture after he declared intention to go for the Big Brother Naija reality show.

Sammie who recently reunited with his family after months away recounts the moment he opened up about going for the reality show and how his mother offered N900 as the amount she could afford at that moment.

"Today has been a rollercoaster of emotions for me! Sat down at my mum's small shop remembered when I told her I was going to Lagos for bbn, she didn't understand but she gave me 900naira and said that's all she had!
My hustle will pay off and I will open a big store for her!" he wrote in a tweet.


Watch the video below …

5 Natural ways to reduce high blood pressure

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 08:00 AM PST

Before starting drug therapy, try lifestyle changes and some home remedies for high blood pressure.

High blood pressure or hypertension, develops when blood pressure rises to an unhealthy level.

And increased pressure can cause health issues, including heart disease.

What are the symptoms of hypertension?

Hypertension is more like a silent condition, and symptoms vary in individuals.

It may take years or even decades for the condition to reach levels severe enough that symptoms become obvious.

But even then, these symptoms may be attributed to other issues.

Symptoms of hypertension include:
It is important to note that these symptoms don't occur in everyone with hypertension, however waiting to see symptoms of this condition could be fatal.

The best way to know if you have hypertension is to get regular blood pressure readings.

What are the causes of hypertension?
In most cases, what causes hypertension is not clear, but the following factors can put you at risk.

Five natural ways to lower blood pressure
Before starting drug therapy, try lifestyle changes and some home remedies for high blood pressure. Not surprisingly, things such as diet and exercise play a big role in lowering blood pressure,

1. Garlic
Garlic is one of those home remedy staples that addresses a wide range of ailments; one of which happens to be hypertension, though there is a drawback.

Allicin, the organic sulfur containing- compound, responsible for several of garlic's health benefits, doesn't fare as well in the human body when eaten raw. Allicin is relatively unstable and is typically deactivated when it comes in contact with a substance with a pH lower than 3, such as our stomach acid.

However, when taken in tablet form, there is a guaranteed allicin yield that ensures you get the proper amount to have solid results when it comes to lowering blood pressure.

Be sure when getting the tablets that there is a release of allicin in a significant, standardized amount-in several studies involved with blood pressure, 1.8 milligrams per dose lowered blood pressure by 10% within 12 weeks.

2. Coconut water
Coconut water is found inside the shell of green, unripe coconuts that retains its natural benefits in organic and raw form.

It contains potassium and magnesium, both of which relate to regular muscle function, and of course, the heart is a big giant muscle.

While there have been some limited studies on the effect of coconut water on hypertension, many people report anecdotally that it has helped lower blood pressure.

In studies, it seems to particularly affect systolic blood pressure, or the force that takes place when the heart pumps blood away from it.

If you don't have a problem with coconut water, it may prove to be a solid remedy for you.

3. Cut the salt
Salt is not the problem when it comes to high blood pressure, per se, but rather its chemical component sodium.

A little bit is fine, but too much sodium disrupts the balance of fluid in the body.

To 'flush' the excess salt from your system, water is drawn from surrounding tissues. The higher volume of liquid results in the heart working harder to pump the blood: Hence, high blood pressure.

Sure we use a lot of table salt in our foods, but still, that amount isn't enough to account for the rise in blood pressure.

Actually, only 6% of our salt consumption comes from the table shaker. The vast amounts of salt we consume daily (on average 1-2 generous teaspoons) couldn't possibly be caused by the salt we sprinkle on our food alone.

4. Exercise
Along with diet, exercise should really be number one on this list. And this is because nothing can replace what exercise does for the body.

In a society where we are becoming increasingly sedentary, it can take a bit more effort to get out and get moving, but it's worth it, especially if you have high blood pressure.

The heart is a muscle, and it will grow stronger with exercise. It becomes easier to pump blood and takes less effort, keeping your heart in better condition and lowering how much force it exerts on your arteries; thus lowering blood pressure.

As a matter of fact, exercise is, in many cases, all that you need to get your blood pressure back on track. The top number in a blood pressure reading indicates systolic blood pressure, which is created by the heart pumping blood away from it.

Exercise can lower this reading by an average of 4 to 9 millimeters of mercury (a unit of pressure), which is easily as much as some prescription blood pressure medications.

A pleasant side effect of exercise is weight loss, which also does your heart and arteries a great favor.

5. Watermelon
Make the effort to take watermelon every morning. Often watermelon is viewed as a strict summer fruit to be taken just for its delicious water content, but it can also help lower blood pressure.

An organic compound called citrulline, an a-amino acid was first isolated in 1914 from watermelon; once ingested, the body can convert citrulline to the amino acid L-arginine, which is a precursor to nitric oxide.

To translate, citrulline-found in watermelon- is converted into arginine-essentially a chemical building block, which leads to the production of nitric oxide.

Nitric oxide talks to various cells and systems in our body that regulate, among other things.

Watermelon does widen blood vessels, which lowers vascular resistance, and in return, ultimately lowers blood pressure.

Imagine trying to pump a certain volume of liquid through a small opening versus a wider opening. The wider opening will allow it to flow smoothly and easily-it's the same with blood cells.

And that is what watermelon does for you.

I bet you don't know the names of these popular Nigerian fruits

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 07:00 AM PST

We all grew up seeing these fruits around the corner of the street, but did you know their English names?

Some fruits that originated in West Africa were either given a traditional name or an invented name.

You probably didn't know the real names of these popular Nigerian fruits.

These are five of the most common fruits and their botanical or English names.

1. Black Velvet Tamarind


This fruit is commonly known in Nigeria as Icheku (Igbo), Awin (Yoruba) and Tsamiyar kurm (Hausa). It is also known among children as "lickie lickie".

2. Tropical Almonds


This delicious fruit is referred to as "fruit" and can be found in many parts of Southern Nigeria.

3. Rose Apple


This rose apple is commonly referred to as "Local Apple".

4. African Star Apple


You would be more successful finding this fruit in Nigeria if you call it (Yoruba) or Udara (Igbo). Some people also call it "African Cherry".

5. Tiger nuts


This fruit is popularly known as Aki Hausa in the Southeast, in the North and Ofio in the Southwest. The name "Tiger nut is gradually becoming popular amongst Nigerians though.

Health benefits of garlic and ginger are unbelievable

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 06:00 AM PST

They can be used either as regular health boosters or as instant remedies to help relieve a wide variety of conditions.

Two medicinal foods to have on hand are fresh garlic and ginger.

Not only do these two foods add incredible flavour and aroma to different kinds of dishes, they can be used either as regular health boosters to include in the diet or as instant remedies to help relieve a wide variety of conditions.

Garlic Benefits
Garlic has been used for thousands of years as a remedy for many different ailments, including intestinal disorders, flatulence, worms, respiratory infections, skin diseases, wounds and symptoms of ageing.

1. Research indicates that garlic may help improve heart health in a number of different ways.

2. It is a blood thinner that helps to lower both high blood pressure and blood triglycerides.

3. Garlic also has anti-inflammatory properties-one particular study identified four different sulfur compounds in garlic that help reduce inflammation.

4. Several studies also show an association between an increased intake of garlic and a reduced risk of certain cancers, including colon, stomach, oesophagus, pancreas, and breast cancer.

5. Additionally, garlic is a triple threat against infections, offering antibacterial, antiviral, and antifungal properties.

6. Garlic has even been found to be effective at killing antibiotic-resistant bacteria, including MRSA.

Ginger Benefits
1. Ginger has been used to aid digestion and treat stomach upset diarrhea, and nausea for more than 2,000 years.

2. Ginger also has been used to help treat arthritis, colic, flatulence, motion sickness, morning sickness, painful menstrual periods, and the common cold.

3. Ginger is an effective anti-nausea agent, because of its carminative effect, which helps break up and expel intestinal gas.

4. Ginger contains potent anti-inflammatory compounds called gingerols and helps treat some inflammatory conditions.

5. Daily ginger use has been found effective for relieving muscle pain following strenuous exercise, and also has provided relief from pain and swelling in patients suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, or general muscular discomfort.

6. Ginger may have potential as a colon cancer prevention agent.

7. In Ayurvedic tradition, ginger is thought to warm the body and help break down the accumulation of toxins in the organs, particularly in the lungs and sinuses.

8. It can help promote healthy sweating, which can assist detoxification during colds and flu.

Here are 3 Ways to kill boredom in your relationship

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 05:00 AM PST

Sometimes, life can be strange. You could be having the time of your life with your lover, only to become bored a few months later.

The good news is, this is perfectly normal. It happens even to those in the best relationships; life takes a toll on both partners and they lose the spark they once had.

What you should know is, it's not the end of the world. You can always bounce back, but first, you need to be alert. The moment you notice boredom slowly creeping in, act fast.

And if you're worried because you don't have a lot to spend on surprise dates and the like, here are 3 easy ways to kill boredom without spending a dime.

1. Switch Platforms

It's easy to get tired of chatting on WhatsApp. What you should do is break that routine. Surprise your girlfriend, send her a dm on IG. And if you want to make it even more fun, send her a message on IG and have her respond to you on Twitter. Both of you will be like spies in a James Bond movie.

And,

On days when you don't feel like chatting, send each other memes, send funny videos to his dm on IG, send her funny tweets on twitter, send her crazy videos on tiktok. It's little things like these that strengthen the bond.

2. Switch Hobbies

Another interesting thing to do is to switch Hobbies. Play PS4 with him, watch Indian movies with her, go hiking with her, watch Korean movies with her, play basketball with him.

You can even switch music playlists. Curate your playlist on his phone, let him listen to it. He'll do the same on your phone and then both of you could pick your favorite songs from each list and create a new playlist that'd be just for both of you. Oh and while you're at it, feel free to make light jokes about each other's choice of songs.

Don't forget, it's the little things.

3. Use Google

Enough of the boring "how was your day" questions, use Google. Type in "Interesting questions to ask my girlfriend" and you'll see hundreds of fun questions to ask her.

You'll agree with me that Questions like -"If today were the last time we saw each other, what would you want me to know?" And "If you had a super power what would it be?" - are much better than "how was your day?"

Even if you must ask how her day was, frame it differently. "What was the highlight of your day?" Is a better question.

In conclusion, boredom is inevitable, but it's not the end of the world. In fact, if handled properly, it could make you and your partner fall more hopelessly in love with each other.

Switch Platforms, Switch Hobbies and Use Google.

Don't forget, it's the little things.
---
Funmi is a Writer, Thinker and Marketing buff. Like Mark Manson, he hopes to give life advice that doesn't suck.
----
Nollywoodtimes Contributors is an initiative to highlight diverse journalistic voices. Pulse Contributors do not represent the company Pulse and contribute on their own behalf.

6 health benefits of Garri

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 04:30 AM PST

Here are some of the major health benefits of eating Garri.

Garri made from tubes and roots of the cassava plant contains proteins, fat, carbohydrates, iron, Vitamin B and C and also starch.

The leaves contain calcium, iron, fats and protein too. Below are some of the major health benefits of Garri.

1. Great for weight watching
Trying to shed some weight? Then Garri is your go-to guy. Although very starchy, it is also low in calories and the high fibre content in cassava helps you stay full for a longer period and prevents binge eating.

2. Great for your digestive system
Garri contains fibres that are not soluble in water. It helps in the absorption of toxins that enter your intestines. In that way, it improves your digestive health and keeps it chugging along nicely.

3. Prevents cancer
Hard to believe right? Garri also helps in preventing life-threatening diseases such as cancer. The B17 content in cassava leaves helps in stimulating the content of red blood cells, the loss of which often leads to cancer.

4. Perfect for diarrhoea
Those tales your mum told you about the healing power of garri are very true. It addresses conditions such as diarrhoea too. Just munch on it or drink with water twice a day to feel the difference.

5. Good for eyesight
Garri is rich in Vitamin A and bakarotennya that improves the health of your eyes and prevents future blindness or poor eyesight.

6. Packed full of folate
Pregnant women need lots of vitamin C and folate. A cup of garri contains 15 percent of your daily folate requirement and 47 percent of the daily calcium requirement. The two vitamins also help the body's immune system.

5 delicious dessert options you need to try

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 04:00 AM PST

One thing that adds some necessary fluff to your diet is dessert.

Desserts are pastries or ice cream eaten at the end of a meal or after the main course.

In Nigeria, dessert is usually cake and that is very limiting.

When it comes to pastries, it is mostly meat pie, doughnuts, puff puff and cakes. Meanwhile, there is a whole array of dessert options.

Here are five fantastic dessert options;

1. Mini molten lava cakes
Mini lava cakes are as sweet as sin. These are cupcakes with a delicious middle. They are moist chocolate cakes with gooey melted chocolate at the centre

2. Mini candy apples
This is just like candy apples but in this case, just a small portion of the apple is scooped and dipped in melted chocolate and other candy.

3. Mocha affogato
This is ice cream drowned in hot espresso, plus a little rum and chocolate added to it.

4. Cannolis
This is made with cannoli shells, ricotta cheese, confectioners' sugar, mini chocolate chips and vanilla extract.

5. Mini blueberry pie
Blueberries are folded in your pie crust, a little sugar is added and it is put in an oven to bake.

Next time you are at a fancy restaurant, try any of these for dessert or learn to make them at home.

Sex Education: 5 reasons why the vagina might be too tight

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 03:30 AM PST

A tight vagina brings up some problems during sexual intercourse. It would be difficult if not impossible for penetration to occur.

It is not normal for a woman's vagina to be too tight. Even when she is unaroused, the vagina is at least three to four inches long though not lubricated. When she is aroused, a woman's vagina expands and is well lubricated.

The problem is when she can't engage in sexual intercourse because she is too tight and she feels pain and discomfort during penetration.

The feeling of a tight vagina during sexual penetration could be due to the following:

1. Insufficient arousal or lubrication
When a woman is sufficiently aroused, she is lubricated and penetration is easy. However, when she isn't aroused, penetration is harder.

This situation can be remedied by sufficient foreplay and outercourse or lubricant bought at a pharmacy.

2. Infection
Sexual Transmitted Infections can make sex more painful even though they do not make the vagina tighter.

3. Trauma from sexual Abuse or assault
If you have been raped or sexually assaulted, there is a chance that the effect of the experience lingers.

This makes sex stressful and overwhelming. Your body might clamp down and your vagina tighten because of your body reacting to sexual activity in a fight or flight way.

4. Hormonal changes after children birth
Natural childbirth is through the vagina. Giving birth this way will undoubtedly affect the vagina and cause the muscles to feel a little different.

Childbirth causes hormonal fluctuations that can cause the vagina to feel tight. The scar tissue after childbirth also restricts the pelvic floor of the vagina.

5. Vaginismus
This is a medical condition that causes the vagina to experience involuntary spasms before intercourse or medical condition.

Does abstaining from sex cause the vagina to close up?
No, it doesn't.

It is a popular belief that if a woman has not had sex in a long time her vagina is closes up.

This is not true. You cannot be revirginized.

What usually happens is a person feels uncomfortable after prolonged abstinence from sex and their body doesn't react the same. They need time to be made comfortable and a lot of foreplay.

Here are Top 5 lotions for dry skin

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 03:00 AM PST

Say no to dry and scaly skin with these five moisturizing lotions.

Dry skin can be caused by the weather, hygiene or skin conditions like eczema or psoriasis.

Whatever the cause of dry skin, they do not look nice and you need to do something about it as soon as you can.

So how do you moisturise your skin when it looks dry and scaly?

Well, These are five lotions that can help you cure the problem of dry skin.

1. Aveeno Daily moisturizing cream
Made with different ingredients like colloidal oatmeal that help to moisturize dry skin and improve skin condition. It does not appear oily or greasy, it is also fragrance-free and non-comedogenic (it will not clog your skin's pores).

2. Cetaphil moisturizing lotion
This lotion offers protection all through the day and protects all skin types.

Formulated by dermatologists to take care of dry skin. It is comfortable and smooth on the skin. It does not feel oily or greasy, it does not irritate the skin and it will not clog your pores.

3. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
This lotion contains Ceramides and Hyaluronic Acid that replenishes and hydrates skin all through the day. It is hypoallergenic and can be used for all skin types. It is also non-greasy, comfortable and smooth.

4.Vanicream Moisturising cream
This lotion treats conditions like eczema and psoriasis, it is as smooth, non-greasy and non comedogenic as the other.

Vanicream is perfect for dry weather conditions like harmattan. It is also fragrance-free and does not contain dyes, parabens, lanolin, and formaldehyde.

5. Neutrogena Hydro Boost Water Gel
This is specially formulated to treat dry skin. It is just as smooth and oil-free as the others but it is made with hyaluronic acid. It hydrates skin, lasts long and gives skin the required glow.

With these lotions, your dry skin worries should be in the past.

BBNaija’s Yousef mourns passing of eldest brother –“The world will truly not be the same without ”

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 02:30 AM PST

Popular reality star, Yusuf Garba, better known as Yousef mourns the passing of his eldest brother with a heartfelt note.

The reality star who announced the passing of his brother a week ago returns to the platform to pay tribute to the man whom he referred to as his role model.

Sharing a photo of his late brother, Yousef wrote;

"Can barely find the words to say…I miss you Big bro,still can't believe you're gone..You were the firstborn our first superhero our first rolemodel our first alpha our first guardian you paved the way and always lead by example..You taught us being successful isn't just about building finances but it's about helping people however you can..


You were one of the most generous and humble people I have ever known…the world will truly not be the same without you,your amazing aura and inimitable personality is like no other…we love you,we miss you,it's been an honor,privilege,gift and an unquantifiable blessing to be able to call you our elder brother…we'll sorely miss you,we ll always pray for you…till we meet to part no more…Rest in Perfect Peace bro Jamal🙏❤️🕊."

Jaruma releases old voice note after Regina Daniels breached their N10M contract –“She stopped picking my calls, didn’t reply my messages”

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 02:00 AM PST

Kayanmata seller, Jaruma who is still keen on rolling out evidence to prove how actress, Regina Daniels violated their N10M contract has released an old voice note to back up her claim.

In the WhatsApp audio note, Jaruma could be heard complaining bitterly over Regina Daniels' reluctance to post her products and videos on her page after being paid a whopping sum of N10M naira.

According to her, she began laying complaints from November 2020 up till June 2021.

Captioning the post, she wrote:

"Jaruma is awake 🤣🤣🤣 Where are all those saying that Jaruma did not complain since……???? Jaruma has been complaining since November 2020 – May 18 2021 – June 12 2021 – After the pictures & videos, u did not return Jaruma's products so we will be so grateful if u can return all products back to Jaruma 🙏 Thank you."

Refer to the post below:


Different types of peppers we have in Nigeria

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:30 AM PST

We use these peppers in most of our delicacies but do you know your peppers?

Check out the different types of peppers we have in Nigeria.

Peppers are staple ingredients in the preparation of most Nigerian meals. See the most common peppers that are used in Nigeria.

1. Ata rodo (scotch bonnets)
This is the regular pepper we use in Nigeria. It also consists of yellow pepper. Most Scotch bonnets have a heat rating of 80,000–400,000 Scoville units.

2. Tatashe (red bell peppers)
Bell peppers are less pungent than ata rodo and are used to add colour to food. They come in red, yellow, orange and green. The green bell pepper is popularly known as green pepper.

3. Dry pepper (Piri piri/chili)
Piri piri is used to make the dry pepper that Nigerians grind. Most piri piri have a heat rating of 50,000–175,000 units.

4. Cayenne pepper
The Cayenne peppers are smaller chili peppers that are used to add some spice to the meal. They are rated 30,000 to 50,000

5. Cameroon pepper (Black pepper)
Cameroon pepper is a more African aromatic pepper that is usually dried and grounded. It is very spicy and pungent and usually used in small quantities.

Here's what to do when sex is better with your ex than with your current partner

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:00 AM PST

When sex sucks with your partner and you can't help but constantly remember that ex who always got you good...

Almost everyone is someone else's ex. What this means is that there is every likelihood that you are dating someone who once had a failed romantic and sexual relationship with someone else.

Of course there is nothing wrong with having an ex. Sometimes, things are just not meant to be and it's fine to move away from those situations to better, happier ones.

However, one of the problems of moving from one relationship to the other is the [almost inevitable] issue of comparisons. It is often really difficult for people to not place their ex beside their next in comparison. It is not always intended. But it almost always happens.

One result of this is that one partner always falls short. Either in one aspect or another, it could be financially, care-wise, compatibility, communication or in the aspect of sex.

It is actually not unusual for people to move from an ex to another partner, only to find out that no matter how great the new partner is, they just can't match up to the sexual mastery the ex had. If you ever find yourself in this situation, here are tips on what to do:

Communicate
If you have been open to sexual appetite that your new partner can't seem to match up to, the first wise thing to do is to communicate about it.

Ideally, it is better and even advisable to have these conversations before kickstarting the relationship but if you have begun the relationship already and their performance is not matching up to their performance, you have to talk about it.

You need to tell him or her what you like an how you like it, while, of course, listening to what they want and how they want it, too.

Needs, regularity and the intensity of the needs… find a way to let them know what it expected of them.

Invest effort into it
Don't just talk the talk. Walk the walk. Show them how to make your wishes work.

Give it time
Obviously, if your partner is not meeting up with your standard sexually, it is because they don't know how to.

To reach the level of sexual performance you want them to play from may require a bit of time and you must be willing to give it to them.

Stay away from that ex
It may not be easy, but it is what you have to do. Returning to that ex is not only disrespectful to your partner, it also lessens the amount of effort you'd want to put into making sex with your partner lit.

If you are getting it good from another source, you won't really be bothered about fixing the faulty system you have with your boo.

If it's not working, get out
Sex is a very important of relationships and marriages. A lack of it is cause for infidelity many times. So if your partner could never match up despite several tries and it means so much to you to always have great sex, then leaving that relationship should be on the cards for you.

Better that than becoming unfaithful.

Most common breakfast recipes in Nigeria

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:30 AM PDT

Nigeria is home to many foods both native and foreign, some are more commonly eaten for breakfast than others.

Looking for some food inspiration for the day? Here are the most common breakfast recipes in Nigeria.

Breakfast is typically the first and most important meal of a day, most often eaten in the early morning before undertaking the day's work.

In Nigeria, breakfast foods range from light to heavy, depending on the type of food source.

1. Akara/Beans/Moin-Moin and Akamu
Moin-Moin and Akara are both meals made from pureed beans and spicy ingredients, full of proteins, light and refreshing. There's just something about Akara and Moin-Moin that makes them perfect for breakfast. Akara is a common streetfood that can be found on any street corner all around Nigeria. 2. Yam and Egg sauce
Boiled or fried yam and egg sauce is a usual suspect on the tables of Nigerians. It is quite filling and can last you the whole day, if not careful. Egg sauce is an easy-to-prepare Nigerian sauce made by sautéing tomatoes and eggs. The combo can actually be eaten anytime.

3. Tea and bread
No introductions needed. Children, adults, the elderly, everyone loves Nigerian tea and bread. The tea is made out of cocoa and milk, while the bread can be toasted or eaten with a spread.

4. Indomie and egg
Indomie is an extremely popular instant noodle brand in Nigeria, so popular that it has become the household name for all instant noodles. People can get very creative when preparing Indomie, and usually pair it with fried or boiled egg.

Bread and beans or Ewa agoyin is native to the Yoruba people but it is also one of the foods every struggling Nigerian knows well.

Easy home remedies for bigger hips and buttocks

Posted: 07 Nov 2021 01:00 AM PDT

While some women idealise the slimmest of frames, and have their sights set on achieving a thigh gap and stick arms, there's also a healthy portion of women who prefer a curvier look.

If you're in the latter group and are not blessed with a curvaceous body, there are several ways to go about getting the frame you desire.

Do not be captivated by expensive surgery and the accompanied risks, instead begin with the natural solutions that you can try from home. We've put together three easy home remedies for bigger hips and buttocks, so if you have your sights set on being round and fabulous, read on!

On your mission to get bigger hips and buttocks, there are three main angles of approach. Firstly, there's toning and contouring your bottom, hips and waist (remember that toning your waist will accentuate your hips and buttocks).

Secondly, there's addressing your diet to go easier on foods that are more likely to cause belly fat. Lastly, a corset is also a non-surgical way to create your desired proportions, which can be great for events, and with regular use will also train your body shape.

Exercises for bigger hips and bum
A bit of light exercise is the way forward when it comes to natural ways to get bigger hips and buttocks. You don't need expensive gym memberships or personal trainers. Just add a few movements into your routine, and you'll soon notice the difference.

Side lunge with dumbbells
Start by standing straight, feet together, with a light- to-medium weight dumbbell in each hand.
Leading with your right foot, begin to step out wide, directly to your right.
Bend your knee and push your hips back. Drop your arms so they're sandwiching your right leg.
Keep your gaze forward.
Prepare to return to start: Push off with your right foot and shift your weight to your left leg, returning to standing at center.
Do 12 reps on each side for 3 sets.
Chair pose
Start standing straight with your feet together and arms down by your sides.
Keeping your feet stationary, bend your knees and send your arms straight out overhead. Your thighs should be as close to parallel as they'll go.
Keep your gaze straight ahead.
Hold for 30 seconds.
Side leg lifts
Lie down on a mat on your right side with your back, neck, and head in a neutral position.
Rest your head on your arm, which should be extended above your head.
Stack your legs on top of each other.
Brace your core and begin to raise your left leg as high as you can. Pause at the top.
Slowly return to the starting position.
Do 15 reps with each leg for 3 sets.
Squats
Start in an upright position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart. Your toes should point out slightly.
Bend your knees and push your hips and butt back as if you're about to sit in a chair.
Keep your chin tucked and neck neutral. Drop down until your thighs are parallel to the ground.
Be sure to keep your weight in your heels and your knees bowed slightly outward.
Extend your legs and return to an upright position.
Complete 15 reps for 3 sets.
Glute bridge
Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet planted on the floor. Place your arms at your sides with palms flat on the ground.
Contract your abdominals and glute muscles, press your feet into the floor, and lift your hips off the floor. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to knees.
Pause at the top for 5 seconds, then slowly lower to the starting position.
Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions.
Jumping Squats
Stand in a squat position with your feet slightly wider than shoulder-width apart, arms at your sides.
Lower your body until your thighs are parallel to your knees. As you squat, move your arms out in front of you, palms together.
Propel yourself up and off the ground. Try to push your feet at least 3 inches off the ground. Extend your arms to help with momentum.
Squat back down with soft, bent knees, and repeat.
Complete 3 sets of 10 to 15 repetitions.
Clamshells
Start by lying on your left side with your legs stacked, head resting on your left arm, and right hand on your hip.
Bend your hips and knees to make a 90-degree angle. Your feet should be in line with your butt.
Engage your core and lift your right knee as high as you can while keeping your feet together. Keep your left knee in contact with the floor and hips stacked. Don't rotate your hips back.
Hold at the top for a few seconds before slowly lowering to the starting position.
Complete 3 sets of 15 repetitions then repeat on the other side.
Walking lunge with weights
Hold a dumbbell in each hand with your arms at your sides.
Stand with feet about hip-distance apart. Step forward about 2 feet with your left foot.
Bend your left knee toward the ground until it's parallel to the floor. This is the forward lunge position.
Pause and hold this position for a few seconds.
Then take a step forward with your back (right) leg, and repeat the lunge leading with this leg.
Repeat this walking lunge pattern, alternating legs for 20 repetitions (10 each leg).
Complete 2 sets of 20 repetitions.
Source: Healthline, Healthline

Diet for a slimmer waist
Maintaining a healthy weight is another way to keep your waist slender, and will help to accentuate the curves of your hips and buttocks. While if you are looking to drop a few pounds, don't tie yourself to fad diets and harshly restrictive plans. The main change to make to your diet is to try and get your calories from a combination of the following foods:

Fruits: berries, apples, bananas, oranges, pears
Vegetables: leafy greens, sweet potatoes, broccoli, carrots
Whole grains: whole-wheat bread, quinoa, oats, brown rice
Lean protein: poultry, fish, lean red meat, legumes
Low-fat dairy: low-fat or nonfat milk or yogurt
Healthy fats: olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocado
Filling yourself up with fruit, leafy and low-starch vegetables, whole grains, lean protein, low-fat dairy and health fats, will help to keep your calorie intake down, help you stay full and lead to a health weight.

Source: Livestrong

Corsets to accentuate your hips and buttocks
Cosets are the ultimate figure sculpting cheat! Put one on and you can instantly reduce your waistline and maximise the curves of your hips and buttocks. Beyond the instant effects, corsets can be used to train your waist to maintain a slimmer form.

Popularised by celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, waist training uses the more traditional steel boned corset, so the construction is strong enough to modify your shape. Be careful though, since you aren't supposed to be in pain when using a corset, so if it does hurt, that's a clear sign that it's on too tight!

A final thought...
It's important to note that we all come in different shapes and sizes, so any hip and bum gains will be highly related to our genes, so don't stress if you stray away from your ideal shape. The grass isn't always greener and there's likely to be many women out there wishing they looked like you, just the way you are anyway!
Previous
Next Post »