Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Reactions as Tonto Dikeh reveals what celebrities do to portray the lavish lifestyle on Instagram –“Bob, is that you?”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 08:00 AM PST


Netizens have arrived at a conclusion that Bobrisky will feel attacked after actress, Tonto Dikeh revealed some unthinkable things celebrities do to depict the lavish lifestyle on Instagram.

Tonto Dikeh who took to her Instagram page to pen a lengthy note about fellow celebrities and the fake life they live on the gram disclosed that a lot of unpopular individuals are richer than these celebrities.

She revealed that some of them go as far as borrowing money from Mallams to flaunt on Instagram while others borrow their friends' houses and cars just to show off.

She further advised internet users never to feel oppressed or depressed by the activities of these celebrities as a majority of them are fake.

Captioning the post, she wrote:

"My 2cents…
I can introduce you to the Mallam/Banker who RENTS for someone I use to know🤣🤣

#PS I meant jokes on the arrest but my information is VERY VALID..
Don't make anyone make you feel like you are not blessed enough or You are a failure.::
Understand that we only show what we want you to see and 70% of the time the braggers are more fake than my BUM

I don't care who this hurts or exposes or attributed to, I am speaking to my fans on truth I know and they don't, Mary had a little lamb Bayo🙄"

See the post below:


Reacting to this, social media users have concluded that this is a direct shade to her ex-bestie, Bobrisky.

See reactions below:



Angel Smith sparks pregnancy speculations in new photos– “Baby cross on the way”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 07:00 AM PST

Ex-Shine Ya Eye housemate, Angel Smith has caused a stir on social media following some photos she recently shared.

The 21-year-old writer in the photos could be seen with a protruding tummy which left netizens asking if she is expecting a baby.

However, despite various insinuations, the Akwa Ibom-born is yet to confirm whether she is pregnant or not.

See photos below:



Here are some reactions from random Instagram users:

_immichael1 wrote:

"Is she pregnant"

hannii__bal wrote:

"She's fine 😍but is she pregnant??"

winifredbaby wrote:

"Is she pregnant?"

nubian_blogger wrote:

"Baby cross on the way 👶👶"

buskuka95 wrote:

"Cross !!! Come and see your angles 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂Its showing in the belly 😂😂😂😂😂😂"

Cynthia Morgan says, spots errors in Ballon d’Or –“Burna Boy is losing it with his music arrangement”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 06:00 AM PST

Singer, Cynthia Morgan has identified some errors in the recently released Ballon d'Or track while affirming that Burna Boy is losing it with his music arrangement.

Taking to her Instagram story, the songstress gave an unsolicited review of the Grammy winners' (Burna Boy and Wizkid) track while grading it 5/10.

She further pointed at the rhyming and melodies on the chorus which she said was incomplete.

In her words:

"Burna boy is losing it with his music arrangement. Wizkid was ok but his last 8bars was weak #b'dor

To me, I feel like they made this record in a hurry so I will give it a 5/10. The first 9seconds of the song was unnecessary. Also with the intro? The melodies/rhyming on the chorus is incomplete? Please I need a rematch. Shout out to the beat maker though.You're a boss #inspireme"

Refer to the posts below:



Cross Ike expresses fear as lady shoots shot at him –“Angel will klll me”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 05:00 AM PST

Popular reality star, Cross Ike, emphasizes on the consequences of accepting a affectionate gestures after a lady shoots her shot at him.

The brand influencer had taken to the micro blogging platform, Twitter, to catch some fun, where a lady made advances at him.

"@crossdabossike I love you can, will you marry me?" the user tweeted.

Despite declaring some days ago that he is single, Cross affirmed at the spot that Angel would kill him if he accepts such advances.

In response, Cross quoted the tweet and subtly turned her down, "I'm sorry my love angle will kill me."



See reactions from other users below …

@fashiondoctor19, "And Angel truly will😂😂😂😂".

@OnyinyechiAny18, "You are not gonna die, just take your time,if you have seen what you want in your bestie go for it."

@ruby_etoh, "U de believe Angel? Person wey put a whole bbnaija show fr cruise u still never learn?"

Ka3na blasts Ada Ameh over Kemi Olunloyo’s saga – “It takes madness to recognize another”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 04:30 AM PST

Popular reality star, Ka3na Jones, lambasts the veteran Nollywood actress, Ada Ameh, over her approach on reprimanding Kemi Olunloyo.

This comes after Ada Ameh called out the investigative journalist for being insensitive in reporting her findings on the case of a slain student, Sylvester Oromoni.

In reaction to the Ada's video, Ka3na condemned the thespian for using insultive word often when addressing public issues.

"It takes madness to identify another! Ada Ameh you go soon meet your match. It's so easy for you to insult people! I let the first time you insulted me slide because then I still had some respect for your age but as of this moment not try am again. You're becoming a nuisance seriously," she wrote in an Instastory post.

She added, "Disclaimer: non of my words are directed at the cold passing of an innocent child as I feel the pains of his family! I am talking to ada amen for always using insultive words on people all in the name of corrections! Auntie no correct me again oh! If you see my trend remove your eyes!"



Kemi Olunloyo taunts Tacha for requesting a record of her beating –“PH lady with bleaching cream and body odour”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 04:00 AM PST

Investigative journalist, Kemi Olunloyo mocks reality star, Natacha Akide better known as Tacha for requesting that people who plan to beat her (Kemi) should make a video of the act.

Kemi had initially triggered the wrath of most Nigerians over her stance on Sylvester Oromoni's death and while people reacted to this, activist Adetoun threatened to storm her house alongside Ada Ameh and beat her up mercilessly.

Reacting to this, Tacha pleaded for the showdown to be recorded which has attracted this unfriendly and degrading statement from the 57-year-old.

In a post on her official Facebook account, Kemi Olunloyo ridiculed Tacha by describing her as a lady with body odour and one who uses bleaching cream.

She also drew Tacha's mind back to the circumstance that led to her disqualification from the BBN show.

Refer to her post below:



Uche Maduagwu claims – Only women who have been promised and failed can understand what Chioma is going through

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 03:30 AM PST

Uche Maduagwu, a controversial gay rights activist, has blamed Davido for his inability to marry his longtime ex-girlfriend Chioma after their breakup.

Chioma did everything she could to be the kind of woman David needed to settle down, according to Uche, but the latter chose to break the heart of his former girlfriend.

He shared the following on his Instagram page:

"Only women wey men don do PROMISE and fail #MARRIAGE for go understand wetin Chioma dey go through…

so before you criticize reason am, if Na your own elder sister rich man son promise assurance #wedding but even after introduction and #engagement ring plus pikin still no #marry am wetin you go do?

Se Ogun Laye Ni? #30bg #werisebyliftingothers #beautiful #music #instavid #lekki #nollywood #tbt #ghana #relationships"

See reactions gathered from netizens:

nuel_chucks:" Sometimes dy try drag ppl wey be your mate🥲"

nelsonnwoguikenna: "while will people start calling a spead a spead we all know that this man only say the truth here but you people are saying nonsence because he is a star and you people are saying all this for him to see you guys is fine give him ur sister for free 😦😦😦"

charlezzofficial: "Abeg this guy needs drugs, he's going mad"

fashy_01_clothing:" U no kuku get glory b4 asheire"

pweetymercy: "😂😂😂 fo0l"

BBN Uriel Recounts Her Failed Music Career– ‘I Wanted To Be the Next Tiwa Savage’

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 03:00 AM PST

Uriel Oputa, a reality TV star, has revealed why she abandoned her music career and why she is known as 'Uriel music star.'

Uriel wrote in a lengthy Instagram post that she had hoped to be the next Tiwa Savage when she moved to Nigeria, but things did not go as planned.

Uriel described an occasion in which she was invited to play at an event and was so terrified that she forgot to put on the microphone while singing.

Someone came to tell her to put on the microphone, but she forgot the lyrics and ended up singing 'Amazing Grace.'

Uriel went on to say that following the encounter, she gave up music and promised to never be part of anything related to music again.

In her words: "Those asking why my name is Uriel music star is because I wanted to be the next Tiwa savage back then.
When I first moved to Nigeria. I remember the day I gave up music sha. I got invited to perform after hyping myself online. I entered the stage, it was like a dream, my right leg started vibrating.

I was using one hand to hold my leg, the other to hold the microphone. I started singing when I reached chorus, they come to tell me to on the microphone.

Ehen an!! Ok microphone on, I forget my lyrics, I started singing amazing grace.

One guy clapped for me sha. He later asked for my number, uncle commot before I use my shaking leg kick you.

Big ups to Tiwa sha e no easy after that day, I dey run like wolverine if I hear come to perform.

Why my Name is Musicstar and why I gave up Music. Pls nobody should tell me to try again. I rebuke it. Help me tag TIWA she Try sha.

I no Fit lift my leg to dance. My legs stay steady vibrating, no be cute vibrating oh this one go make person commot for Bus."


Rita Dominic Offers Comforting Words To Wife Of Late Karibi Fubara – “We Are Here For You”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 02:30 AM PST

Actress Rita Dominic has sent a message of comfort to the late Karibi Fubara's wife and family, informing them that she and others are there for them.

The tragic news of actor Kabiri Fubara's death hit practically everyone hard yesterday, as most of us had hoped to see him fully recover after a long battle with cancer, but that did not happen.

Rita Dominic then prayed that the Lord would comfort and strengthen his family during this difficult time, while sending reassuring words to his lovely wife, informing her that she and others are there for her.

"This is so sad..
Rest on dear Karibi.
May the good lord comfort and strengthen your family at this time @kalanne_fubara
@yolandaokereke we are here for you," she wrote.

Karibi has starred in a number of films, the most popular of which is his most recent film, God Calling, and it's unfortunate that God has called him to come and rest from all of his anguish and suffering.

Mercy Eke says as she resorts to boarding a bike in Lagos – I’m too ‘frosh’ for this

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 02:00 AM PST

Reality star, Mercy Eke laments profusely as she was forced to take a bike due to the usual Lagos traffic.

In the video, the brand-influencer could be seen with a friend on a bike as they cruised together in what seemed to be uncomfortable for her (Mercy).

The winner of the season 4 BBNaija show in the short clip, stated that she is too 'frosh' for the condition she was presently in. However, what caught fans attention was when Mercy Eke repeated the statement and remedied the initial 'frosh' with 'fresh', which appeared as if she struck another blunder.

Watch the video below:

See reactions below:


 

DJ Cuppy reprimands herself for partying all night – “I seem to be aging the wrong way, I need to be more responsible”

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 01:30 AM PST

Daughter of a billionaire, Florence Otedola, better known as Dj Cuppy, cautions her way of life after partying all night in Dubai.

The 29-year-old old disc jockey who was recently attacked over her body transformation could be heard in a video narrating how she spent all night out partying.

While emphasizing being a mother of two dogs, Dudu and Funfun, DJ Cuppy reminds herself of the need to be more responsible.

"So, I'm 29 years old, I just partied till 7 am on a boat, at my big age, wow! In the great words of Tems; things are really happening; I am not aging, I seem to be aging the wrong way, I need to be more responsible. I am a mother of dudu and funfun but life is short," she said.

Watch the video below …

Fireboy DML Recounts Life Struggles – ‘Finishing School Was a Struggle’

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 01:00 AM PST

Adedamola Adefolahan, better known as Fireboy DML, the talented Nigerian Afrobeat singer, has opened up about the difficult time he had in school when he began to focus on his craft.

Fireboy claimed that he was a superb student at Obafemi Awolowo University who was divided between his academics and music, which caused a severe drop in his grades.

Fireboy went on to say that he had to retake an extra year since he had fallen behind in his studies due to a lack of proper planning and time management.

He made this known in a recent interview with media celebrity Chude Jideonwo.

He said: "Finishing school was a struggle. It was a tough time for me. I had an extra year but I finished.

To be honest I just couldn't wait to finish school because I knew that after school like this I wasn't going back home. I was going straight to Lagos," said the singer who was,at the time, based in Abeokuta.

He continued: "There was a time my dad came to my school. Oh God! Final year and your dad came to school.

It was as if I was in secondary school and he was holding my hand like let's go to your lecturer's office. It was really embarrassing and those were really tough times for me."

Reality star, Nini acquires brand new Mercedes Benz GLE

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 12:30 AM PST

Popular reality star, Nini Singh joins the league of luxury car owners as she gifts herself a Mercedes Benz GLE months after the conclusion of the BBNaija reality show.

The housemate of the season six Big Brother Naija reality show took to her Instagram page to flaunt her newly acquired SUV.

Sharing photos and videos of the new Mercedes Benz, Nini wrote, "Finally decided to get a Car in Lagos 😌🥳."


Slide to watch the video below …

Fans and well-wishers shower the reality star with congratulatory notes for the new inclusion to her garage. 

Funke Akindele Cries For Her Husband As Loved-Up Video Of New Couple Emerge Online– JJC, Where Are You

Posted: 17 Dec 2021 12:00 AM PST

Popular actress, Funke Akindele-Bello has cried out for her husband, JJC Skillz, after a romantic video went viral.

It can be recalled that the internet went wild when a video of a newly wedded couple emerged online. In the video, the couple could be seen in a kissing 'frenzy' in their wedding ceremony while the congregation went in awe.

It can be recalled Funke took to social media gushing out as she shared loved-up photos with her husband a few days ago.

The actress took up her Instagram story, sharing the video, she tagged her husband.

The Nollywood Queen called for her husband, asking for his whereabouts.

She wrote;
"Wow!!! I love! @jjcskillz where are you."


Ubi Franklin Shares Proof Of Responsibility Towards Their Daughter

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 11:30 PM PST

Ubi Franklin, a popular Nigerian music entrepreneur has ignored the stern warning issued to him by his 4th baby mama, Sandra lheuwa, as he goes on to post more pictures of their baby with screenshots to debunk the claims that he refused to take responsibility of the child.

Ubi Franklin's reactions comes after Sandra lheuwa had called him out for sharing a picture of their daughter on social media despite allegedly not taking responsibilities as a father.

The businesswoman had also alleged that Ubi never gave their daughter a kobo since she was born.
In a bid to debunk the claims, Ubi Franklin dug out a post where Sandra had thanked him for being there for their daughter and also showering her and the child with gifts.
The Post read:


"2020 has been an unexpected year but however some good things came out from it. Business is booming, I have moved forward in many positive ways in my life that I thought I couldn't do by myself but I'm doing it marvelously. One of my main goals was to take my kids out of the country so they can experience life outside the United States.

"I never planned on vacating in Dubai with my family….. want to give great thanks to my daughter's father @ubifranklintriplemg for coming through in many ways I wouldn't have imagined. You people can call me what you want because the past with my daughter father hasn't been the best one and has been aired out publicly but I must give credit to whom credit is due and he really tried a lot and and a lot.

"Even though at times………………. try to make it work for our daughter. Thanks you for the awesome gifts you gave to me and the kids."

Excited moment female soldier kissed a corps member after he proposed to her

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 11:00 PM PST

A video making the rounds on social media has captured the moment an excited female soldier shared a kiss with corps member who proposed to her at orientation camp.

In the video, the female soldier could be seen smiling heartily amid cheers and screams of excitement from corps members at the scene.

At a point, she raised up her fingers to flaunt the ring which the corps member inserted into her fingers.

This sparked more excitement and screams from everyone present at the scene, and the soldier was forced to bring down her head and bless her prospective husband with a kiss on the lips.

Reacting, Victor_Nwosu22 wrote on Instagram;
"Love is beautiful o. But I'm still wondering d format he used on her"

Watch the video below:

Netizens react as Tuoyo indicates interest in Jackie B – “Michael go use punch scatter your face”

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 10:30 PM PST

Tuoyo Ideh, a former Big Brother Naija housemate, has gotten social media users talking after expressing interest in his co-reality star, Jackie B.

The fitness enthusiast gushed over the mother of one on his Instagram story, revealing that he finds her appealing.

In the post which he has now deleted, he wrote, "If I perish I perish.
Omo but Jackie B is starting to enter my eyes oooh. Her posts lately eh hmmmmm she's hot, like a heateeeer."
See below;


This has elicited amusing responses from the internet, with the majority advising him to leave Jackie B alone because she is purportedly in a relationship with her reality television love interest, Michael.

Some netizens recounted the time Michael punched the wall in the BBNaija house in a fit of emotions, claiming that if he doesn't back off, his face would suffer the same fate as the wall.

Here are some of the reactions,

An Instagram user wrote, "Michael go just use punch scatter all your face."

@mrsnkay73 wrote, "Micheal wey use him hand punch bigge wall the thing break😂nah him you dey play with,see I pity ur face"

@kaylaaccessories wrote, "Tuoyo remember Biggie wall😂😂abort mission osiso😂😂"

dimpled.linda wrote, "Tuoyo, be reminded that Mikool shattered Biggie's wall, so imagine your bald head my dear😂😂"

@timii_x wrote, "Mikool will do with your head what he did to Biggie's wall🙏🏽"

Zlatan Ibile, Journalist Reveals Ordeal With Suspected Member - Following Documentary On Cultism

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 10:00 PM PST

Just after the BBC documentary on Nigeria's most notorious secret cult group, Black Axe confraternity, a music journalist, Joey Akan has narrated his experience with music artiste, Zlatan Ibile, who is suspected to be a member of the aforementioned cult group.

This was revealed after a Twitter user called out music journalists for acting cowardly to publish an article on musicians who use cultism references, mainly from Black Axe in a majority of their songs.


Coming across such a statement, the music journalist revealed a little detail about how he was hunted with a gun, around Lagos axis for making such a move.

"The small one wey I been do before, they begin dey hunt me around Lagos with a gun. I'm too old for this smoke." He wrote.


In further narration to his story, another Twitter user alleged that music star, Zlatan wanted to put a 'Black Axe hit' on Joey, but was stopped by fellow popular singer, Davido.

"Zlatan that wanted to put a black axe hit on Joey. Na Davido tell am make e fashi the level. No be sey hit as per kill o. but the mending for bad" The Twitter user wrote.

Confirming the statement, Joey wrote;

"These people no know wetin I don see"

See the post below;



Davido applauded for impartial care towards his children following hangout with Imade, Ifeanyi – Unlike the one wey dey select children

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 09:30 PM PST

Popular Afrobeat singer, Davido Adeleke, receives accolades for his impartial treatment towards his children following his hangout with Imade and Ifeanyi.

The singer who recently acquired two exotic cars, Rolls Royce and a Lamborghini, worth over N600M in a short time frame receives undying love from fans following his daddy duties towards his kids.

Davido, in a video via his Instastory page was spotted with his children, Imade and the chef's only son, Ifeanyi, having a good time.

Fan applauded the billionaire's son for his unbiased treatment towards his wards.

Watch the video below …

See some reactions below ..




 

Boss lady Ka3na brags –“You all will hate what you call a life if I show my lifestyle”

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 09:00 PM PST

Popualr reality star, Ka3na Jones, brags over the luxury life she lives and can afford as she throws shade at haters suggesting that it is fake.

This comes days after the mother of one was dragged for flaunting toys and lubricants received from her husband as early Christmas gift.

Taking to her Instastory to react to the backlash that continues to trail her lifestyle, Ka3na stated unapologetically that the kind of life she lives can make her haters feel disgusted about theirs.

"Should I stop or should please continue. Bloody haters! If I should show my lifestyle on here I bet y'all will hate what you call a life. Believe me or not I have it all and I don't have to fake it for anyone," she wrote.


Eniola Badmus Opens Up –“I Could Not Control What I Eat Anymore”

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 08:00 AM PST

Popular Nollywood actress and script writer, Eniola Badmus, has opened up on undergoing gastric bypass surgery.

The plus-size thespian, whose amazing weight-loss transformation left fans and colleagues in awe, finally revealed she underwent gastric bypass surgery in Turkey.

The Omo Ghetto actress granted an interview to City People before her 20th years on stage grand celebration and she had a lot to spill about her journey.

Eniola addressed the topic that has been on the minds of her fans and other observers who noticed the drastic change in her appearance.

Fielding a question about how she was able to achieve the transformation, the actress stated that it all stemmed from a decision she made.

Eniola said she was determined to surprise people who show up for her anniversary party with her beautiful transformation.

In her words: "In terms of my look, a lot has changed due to a decision made; anytime I decide to do this celebration I want to surprise everyone."

The movie star explained further that the change in appearance was necessary for herself and others because of the stigma and pressure she had experienced in the past.

On pulling off the major weight loss, the actress disclosed that it wasn't an easy feat. Eniola said that she had an eating problem and couldn't control her food intake.

The actress said she was always eating anything as long as it was edible. She stated: "What I can say is it got to a point I could not control what I eat anymore. I eat anything so far it is edible, so from there I knew something fishy was going on. So far I have lost 33kg."

Although the actress made no mention of it, there have been rumours that she reportedly had gastric bypass surgery to speed up her weight loss process.

Uche Maduagwu – I’ve forgiven Jim Iyke, would rather support him for president than Yul Edochie

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 07:00 AM PST

Controversial Nollywood star, Uche Maduagwu continues to taunt his colleague, Yul Edochie over a recent video that surfaced.

Yul Edochie who is a potential presidential aspirant for the 2023 elections had taken to his Instagram page to share a video of himself and the popular prophet, Odumeje dancing and stepping on Naira notes during a thanksgiving service.

This gesture angered Uche Maduagwu as he reprimanded him over the act while asking if that is how he wishes to rule the country if he eventually emerge president.

Sending in a second strike, Uche Maduagwu further stated that he has forgiven Jim Iyke who beat him up some months back and would rather endorse him for president than Yul Edochie.

Below is what he wrote:

"Oyinbo say, to WEAR is human but to forgive is Designer wears… as for me and my bra, we would rather support Jim kunu #Hi than any other of my deep voice colleague for #nollywood to run for president, at least we are sure e no go begin practice how to #dance skelewu by matching our naira note for church #instavid #share #facebook #video #yorubamovie"

See the post below:


James Brown says, reveals details about his family –“Being gay is not a crime, not a bad thing”

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 06:00 AM PST

Popular crossdresser, James Brown has affirmed that being gay isn't a crime nor is it a bad thing.

The dancer made this statement during an interview with Hip TV where he disclosed that the gay lifestyle is practised by a lot of people in the US and is not against the law.

He further said he dislikes being tagged gay because he hasn't made any proclamation about his sexuality yet.

"Being gay is not a crime, it's not a bad thing. It's people's lifestyle abroad, in the U.S.I don't like people labelling me gay because I haven't said it. Let me be the one to say it". He said.

James Brown also disclosed a bit about his family as he revealed that he doesn't talk to his mom due to the way she channels her aggression towards him.

In his words:

"I talk to my dad, but I don't talk to my mother. I won't call her a wicked woman but she never cared about me.She sees my dad in me because they used to have this personal conflict. So anytime I am always around her, she sees me as my dad and always aggressive around me.Because of that, we don't have a good relationship. I was traumatized growing up, I wanted to be loved by my parents despite their differences. I just wanted to be loved and be taken care of. I never had that. I got me depressed. My parents breakup traumatized me".

Reality Stars, Tuoyo Makes Romantic Advances At Jackie B

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 05:00 AM PST

Popular Ex-Big Brother Naija season 4 Pepper Dem reality television star, Tuoyo Ideh, popularly known as Tuoyo, has decided to shoot his shot, towards ex-Shine Ya Eye star, Jackie Bent.

Tuoyo, who took to his Instagram story on Wednesday, December 15, opened up on his secret admiration for Jackie B.

The reality star stated that Jackie B has been giving him sleepless nights and he couldn't hide it anymore.

So, he went ahead to share Jackie's pictures, as he expressed how much he admires and wants to love somebody like her.

Tuoyo wrote, "Hmmmm @thejackiebent be calming down ooh. If I perish I perish. Omo but Jackie B is starting to enter my eyes oooh. Her posts lately eh hmmmmm she's hot like a heateeeeeeer."

SEE SCREENSHOT BELOW

COVID 19: British Comedian Jethro Passes On

Posted: 16 Dec 2021 04:30 AM PST

73 years old British comedian, Geoffrey Rowe, better known as Jethro, has passed away after battling with Covid-19.

His demise was made known on his official Facebook page, with a statement reading: 'It is with tremendous sadness that we announce the passing of the well known and popular Cornish comedian Jethro.

'Tragically Jethro passed away on 14th December 2021 after contracting Covid-19.

'Jethro leaves behind his life partner Jennie, sons Jesse and Lanyon, stepdaughter Sarah, daughter-in-law Stacey and of course his much loved grandchildren.

The comedy star was double-jabbed and had received a booster vaccination, Sky News understands.

Jethro, whose real name was Geoffrey Rowe, was born in St Buryan in west Cornwall and was one of the most famous performers to ever come out of the county.

He rose to fame in the 1980s and was best known for his unique style and observational comedy, including pieces about living in Cornwall.

A regular on TV shows hosted by Des O'Connor, his other TV credits included the 2001 Royal Variety Performance and Jim Davidson's Generation Game.

In 2020, he announced his retirement, saying: "Great big thank you to everyone that has come to see me over the last 50 years, I'm sure I enjoyed you're company more than you enjoyed mine."

Previous
Next Post »