Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Poco Lee under fire for using Portable’s callout rant to develop dance challenge – “It’s not funny, give him his money”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 10:00 PM PST

Netizens have blasted the popular dancer, Poco Lee, for using the callout rant of Zazu star, Portable to invent another social media challenge.

Recall that Poco Lee was dragged by Portable a few hours ago for allegedly stealing his song and cheating him of the money Wizkid sprayed at their concert.

Poco Lee on his part who seems to be trivializing the whole issue took to his IG page to drop a dance video that had beats mixed with Portable's raging voice.

Watch the video below:

Netizens have vehemently frowned at this gesture.

See reactions below:

yes_am_lamide wrote:

"It's not funny give him his money"

_iamolu wrote:

"Una sha wan use cruise make us forget the matter, Asarailu ripper 😂"

badboi_zamani wrote:

"Poco dey try turn am to Cruise but is not funny… why him get the song 😏"

lashaffairby_lush wrote:

"Una don rob the guy 😂"

DJ Cuppy lashes out – “I dislike boys”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 09:30 PM PST

Billionaire's daughter, Florence Ifeoluwa Otedola better known as DJ Cuppy raises the eyebrow of many as she declares her hatred for boys in a recent video.

In the video, the Disc Jockey lamenting noted that she looks happy but she's really pissed inside. She further went on to repeatedly assert "I hate boys".

The 29-year-old however didn't categorically point at her reason(s) for hating boys, rather she just left a caption that reads:

"This guy isn't acting how I need him to act."

Social media users on their part have wondered what must have triggered such a blunt statement.

Watch the video below:

Liquorose says as she donates foodstuff, other items to orphanage – “Showing you how to celebrate Xmas”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 09:00 PM PST

Former reality TV star, Roseline Afije a.k.a Liquorose, has shown the world how Christmas should be celebrated as she pays a visit to the Living Fountain Orphanage in Lagos, Nigeria.

Accompanying her visit were members of her dance crew who helped in packing the foodstuff, cartons of drinks, among other items she donated to the orphanage.

Pictures showing the former reality star and her dance crew at the scene have triggered reactions as many heaped praises on them."Showing you how to celebrate Xmas" - Liquorose says as she donates foodstuff, other items to orphanage.

Taking to her Instagram page to share a snippet of a video shot during the donation, Liquorose wrote, "Yes, it's officially Christmas today, our Beau showing us how to celebrate Christmas."

Watch The Video Below:

Francis Van-lare dishes advice – “Stop using too much makeup as that could be why you are still single”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 08:00 AM PST

Francis Van-Lare, a US-based Nigerian businessman has shared some words of advice for single women on his social media page.

The business mogul, who has been married and divorced five times, advised women to stop using too much makeup as men like natural look. He as well chastised people to change their partners and jobs if they are not happy.

He wrote:

"As the year is coming to an end , if the last three years have been more of the same things and you are not happy then try something new,"

"Change your husband, wife, lover, job. Your wanting to leave your country for greener pastures abroad when the 'green' is where you are standing on but you are not looking

"Stop using too much makeup as that could be why you are still single. Men like natural look. Live within your means as that could be why you are also broke

"The list is long so please search yourself and shed the extra baggage you are carrying so that it does not follow you in 2022"


Fans gush as Tiwa Savage’s son, Jamil and Davido’s Imade go on play date – “Make them sha marry”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 07:00 AM PST

Celebrity children, Jamil Balogun, and Imade Adeleke melt the heart of many following a play date set up for the duo.

Both kids who are offsprings of music stars, Davido Adeleke and Tiwa Savage had fun hanging out at the pool together over the weekend.

In a video making rounds on social media, Jamil is spotted with Imade spending time together during lunch and also in a pool alongside other kids.

The often interaction of the duo got reactions from fans who proposed a marriage together in the future.

Watch the video below …

See some reactions below …





 

Mo Bimpe Says as She Shares Moment from Bridal Shower -“One of the Happiest Days of My Life”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 06:00 AM PST

AdeBimpe Oyebade, well known as Mo Bimpe, has taken to social media to post photos from her bridal shower.

In a star-studded wedding, Lateef Adedimeji and his coworker turned lover Bimpe Oyebade will be walking down the aisle today.

Bimpe Oyebade has utilized her Instagram page a few hours ago to share how many friends and colleagues showed up for her bridal shower.

The actress described the bridal shower as one of the beautiful days of her life while expressing appreciation to her sister and everyone who came through for her.

She wrote:

"YESTERDAY WAS ONE OF THE HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE! My bridal shower organized by my sisters.

How do I begin to thank you all for coming through for me this much , for all the money spent, for Time, for energy just to make me happy, I had the best bridal shower party all thanks to you my sisters , thanks and God bless you all, I love you all."

Ka3na Says As She Celebrates 6th Anniversary With Husband –I Would Rather Be Single With No Kids

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 05:00 AM PST

Former Big Brother Naija housemate, Kate Jones, popularly known as Ka3na has revealed that at this moment in her life, she would prefer to be single without a child.

The reality show star said such a statement in one of her Instagram posts as she celebrates her 6th wedding anniversary with British husband on December 22.

Sharing a lovely photo of her and her husband, the 28-year old star who got married to her British husband at the age of 22 stated how she would love to go back to the moment when she was single, without a child.

"Believe Me Marriages Are Never Perfect. This stage of my life I would rather be SINGLE with no kids," she wrote.

Rethinking her statement, Ka3na then claimed it would be empty if such were to happen.

In her words;
"BUT then again; Would I Be Happy? What Life Would That Be? I'm Guessing EMPTY! So Here We Go Again. SIX Years Of Friendship. Blessed With Our Lovely Lila

#weddinganniversary"

See the post below;


Bobrisky threatens Mompha again; Regrets friendship –“If I want to finish you, I will tell all your business partners what you said about them”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 04:30 AM PST

Nigerian crossdresser, Okuneye Idris Olanrewaju a.k.a Bobrisky, is still ranting about how his Dubai-based celebrity friend, Mompha turned his back against him.

Recall that the duo had clashed on Instagram a few days ago, in which Mompha issued a warning to the crossdresser not to 'chase clout' with his name.

Bobrisky on the other hand deemed the warning offensive, and has since refused to get over it.

In a short video and a lengthy message, the crossdresser threatened to reveal Mompha's secrets to his business partners.

Taking to his Instagram page, Bobrisky wrote, "I finally gave up on friend, dis my own world that am in yeah, I'm not lucky with friends. Same thing keeps happening over and over, snitch and gossiper.

"How do you want to chill with me lowkey, drive my car, enjoy my platform both on snap and ig where you beg me to post you and ur family and you still went on ur page to insult me in public just because I stopped giving you attention.

"How can a man gossip like a woman, jeeeez didn't see it coming honestly, whenever I remember I regret ever following you back on IG when you follow me honestly.

"I wouldn't have even shared all his dm yeah but I did because he went to his page to deny me and sent to insult me, naaaa won't take bullsh*t from no one, I don't kiss and tell but I had to post dis cos dis dude f*ck up big time.

"I will be on my own he will tell me not to talk to dis one and that one because he heard they gossip about me bla bla, meanwhile he is the father of gossiper.

"Mompha you talk too much damn I h*** you so much. Your religion didn't permit you to be close to me but ur religion permitted you to talk to me secretly behind doors. ode !!!!!

"So you know I'm a big girl before you said ur religion doesn't permits you to chill with me, that f**k up !!!!!!!!!!

"If i want to finish you i will tell all ur business partners what you told me about all of them, but I don't kiss and tell. I will play the role as d bigger person here and I will just ingnore ur stupidity

"If you know you are a guy and your mouth is not close pls don't come to me pls, I'm not hungry or begging you for money, Keep ur big boy in ur pocket. At 30yrs I have two Manson in Lekki I didn't cheat nobody to become rich, is my money, one in chevron and the other one is at pinnock.

"You guys won't understand I'm h…. Someone i care so much for came out to his to ridicule me Haba now, atleast before you do that you should think back and remember how nice i was to you

"Whenever mompha is in Nigena he will call for my car, I will send my car to him to drive how else do you want me to be loyal to you. Coming out to cal me names on ur page is d most terrible thing to do to someone who have always gat ur back."

Watch The Video Below (Swipe Left)

Frozen Actress, Who Voiced Anna Is Dead

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 04:00 AM PST

After falling from her hotel room, Japanese actress who voiced Anna in Japan's dubbed version of 'Frozen' has died.

35 years old Sayaka Kanda, was found on the outside area of 14th floor of the 22-storey hotel where she was staying at 9.40pm on Saturday, December 18.

She was taken to hospital where she was pronounced dead by doctors.

Ms Kanda, who voiced Princess Anna in the Japanese version of the hit 2013 animated Walt Disney film 'Frozen', was the daughter of Japanese actor Masaki Kanda, 70, and singer Seiko Matsuda, 59.

Ms Kanda did not show up for a performance in the musical 'My Fair Lady' at a theatre in Sapporo, the capital of the mountainous northern Japanese island of Hokkaido, on Saturday afternoon.

However, the actress was at a rehearsal on Friday, according to local media.

Takako Matsu, who voiced Elsa in the Japanese version of 'Frozen', commented on Disney's official Twitter account that she was left "speechless" at the death of her colleague, saying that "the time we spent together is an irreplaceable treasure for me."

Ms Kanda's agency said: "We are very sorry to give such a report to all the fans who supported us and all the people who took care of us.

"We are still unable to accept her passing and are trying to cope with it."

Police investigators continued to look into whether Ms Kanda took her own life or if her death is the result of a tragic accident.

Kanye West Donates Over 4000 Toys To Kids In Chicago

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 03:30 AM PST

American billionaire rapper and politician Kanye West now Ye purchased and gifted over 4,000 toys for youngsters in his hometown of Chicago, according to a local news station.

At roughly 1 p.m. on Sunday, the 44-year-old "Jesus Walks" rapper began handing out the gifts in a gymnasium at Kennedy King College in Englewood, according to ABC7.

"I'm so proud that Kanye is, once again, responding to our request to help the children of Englewood and beyond," Chicago politician Stephanie Coleman told the news outlet. "He is no stranger to our community. His presence has always been felt in our neighborhoods and he loves visiting, but this Christmas he has truly been our modern-day Santa Claus."

Family members of the children who participated in the toy drive reportedly also received food, games and prizes.

West, who shares four kids of his own with estranged wife Kim Kardashian, shared on Thanksgiving Eve his wishes to help those who live in poverty.

The "Praise God" rapper took a meeting on Skid Row at the time to "share ideas" with the CEO and president of LA Mission, a nonprofit that helps fight homelessness in Los Angeles.

A source told Page Six, "He talked about saving the world and how he had all these ideas to work with LA Mission."

West, who legally changed his name to Ye in October, has always expressed his undying support for his hometown — even naming one of his daughters with Kardashian "Chicago."

In 2018, the Yeezy CEO said he would like to move back to the Windy City.

"I've got to let you all know that I'm moving back to Chicago," he told a group of high-schoolers at the time. "I'm never leaving again."

Many on social media praised West's most recent philanthropic efforts during his trip to Chi-town.

One person wrote on Twitter "Good for him! I love to see people who have been fortunate in life give to those who haven't been as lucky. If we all gave back a little, this world would be a much better place."

Dua Lipa And Anwar Hadid ‘Separate After Two Years Together’

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 03:00 AM PST

British pop star, Dua Lipa and her boyfriend Anwar Hadid have ended their relationship after two years together.

The Sun reported that the 26-year-old singer and 22-year-old model pulled the plug on their two-year relationship despite doing everything from crisis talks to taking a break to try to salvage it.

An insider told the celebrity gossip site, Deux Moi, that the couple who are known to "break up/get back together/break up/get back together", is done for good.

The insider said;

"The couple floated the idea about putting the brakes on their romance last month as travelling so much and being apart is proving tough.
 
"Their relationship is going through a crisis and appears to be on the rocks."

Dua has been recording her album in London and in Los Angeles, while Anwar has been alone in New York with their dog Dexter.

The couple moved in together in September 2019, three months after they started dating, renting an apartment in New York.

Ycee —Why It Is Important To Vote In 2023 Elections

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 02:30 AM PST

Multi-talented Nigerian rapper Ycee has stressed the importance of voting in the coming 2023 elections.

The 'Omo Alhaji' crooner said Nigerians should vote because being part of the voting process is a debt they owe the future generations and the existence of the country.

He added that he'll not only vote in 2023 general elections but also use his platform to enlighten young people on the need for them to get their Permanent Voters Card (PVC) for them to cast their votes.

The 28-year-old also opined that; "Grassroot participation is very important. MI and I had a conversation, and I said I would be willing to register to vote in the next election and use my platform to get as many young people through the process of getting their PVCs," he said.

"So, I just feel like we owe it to ourselves, we owe it to the future generations, we owe it to the existence of this great country to be a major part of the electoral process."
 
Ycee disclosed that he stayed away from politics because it was responsible for the death of his father in 2001.

"Politics has actually left a very bad taste in the mouth of my family because, in 2001, my father was killed for his political aspiration. He was murdered in his own home in Ikorodu," he said.

"I was really young at the time, so i didn't fully understand what was going on, but getting older and learning more about it makes me feel indifferent about what political in Nigeria really stands for."

Ycee made this statement at the Incredible Music Festival hosted by veteran wordsmith M.I Abaga in collaboration with YIAGA on Monday, December 20, 2021.

Yomi Fabiyi Declares, Tries To Settle With Iyabo Ojo,“I’m Going Into The New Year With No Excess Luggage”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 02:30 AM PST

Nollywood actor, Yomi Fabiyi has taken to social media to wish his colleague in the movie industry, Iyabo Ojo happy birthday.

Yomi Fabiyi dropped a picture of the stunning actress with a long caption, and tried to extend an olive branch towards Iyabo Ojo as she celebrates her 44th birthday today.

Many celebrities and fans have also taken to social media to drop goodwill messages and gifts for the celebrant but Yomi Fabiyi's gesture has caused a stir online because of the friction between both actors.

See Post:


Iyabo Ojo and Yomi Fabiyi's discord could be traced back to some months ago when one of their colleagues in the movie industry, Olanrewaju Omiyinka also known as Baba Ijesa was alleged to have molested a young girl.

Recall, Yomi Fabiyi also released a film titled oko Iyabo which generated a lot of reactions from fellow actors and Nigerians.

Rapper Ikechukwu —Why People Mistake Me For An Arrogant Person

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 02:00 AM PST

Nigerian musician and actor Ikechukwu Onunaku, professionally known as Ikechukwu, has disclosed why people think he is arrogant.

Ikechukwu revealed this while speaking on his podcast titled 'Drinks with Killz' with M.I Abaga, his colleague in the music industry.

The music veteran said all he wanted for his career was to be a great rapper, great storyteller or great entertainer. He emphasised that he never about being the greatest as many thought.

"People always thought that I wanted to be the greatest rapper. I never wanted to be the greatest rapper. I just wanted to be a great rapper, or a great storyteller, or a great entertainer," he said.

"I just wanted to be the best I could be .It not about being the best of the best. But people don't believe that about me. Because for a long time in my career people believe I am arrogant," Ikechukwu added.

Reactions as international music promoter, Kogbagidi throws out Portable for calling out Pocolee and claiming he stole from him – “Back to the trenches”

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 01:30 AM PST

International music promoter, Kogbagidi has reportedly sent upcoming singer, Portable packing, following a recent video which he shared on Tiktok.

Portable, also known as Zazoo, had called out dancer Poco Lee for allegedly hijacking his song.

Portable who made headlines after being introduced to rapper Olamide by Poco Lee to make a song titled 'ZaZoo Zehh', claimed Pocolee is trying to steal his song.

He also claimed that Poco cornered the money Wizkid sprayed him at the recently-held Wizkid livepsot concert.

However, in a new video, international music promoter, Kogbagidi was spotted blasting Portable and sending him packing over his action, as he questioned if he has 'sense'.

Watch video below:

Kola Ajeyemi Expresses Undying Love For Toyin Abraham – I Can’t Imagine Living In This World Without You

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 01:00 AM PST

One of the most loved actors, Kola Ajeyemi has made some time out to shower a series of praise for his wife and colleague, Toyin Abraham.

Writing out an appreciation letter, Kola took to his verified Instagram page to profess his undying love for his beloved wife.

The actor stated that he is so blessed to have her by his side, as he could not imagine his life without her.

According to him, she brightens his life just like the sun brightens the Earth.

In his words;
"You're the love of my life @toyin_abraham I can't imagine living in this world without you. You brighten up my life just like how the sun lights up the earth. I am blessed to have you by my side Ayomi I need you with me, always and forever My love"


It can be recalled also that the actress, Toyin Abraham took to her Instagram to describe her husband, Kola as a man full of wisdom.

According to her;

"At the Eniola's party, it was fun but timing became late. I informed my husband @kolawoleajeyemi that it was time to go home. He said NO. Don't leave the people that were your friends even before we got married. You should not become their enemy because you are now married. That sentence touched me. I became emotional but importantly grateful that God gave me this man full of wisdom. Please help me say thank you to my husband @kolawoleajeyemi."

Evangelist Alleges – Olamide Is A Member Of Illuminati Cult

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 12:30 AM PST

A Nigerian Evangelist has publicly alleged that legendary rapper, Olamide Adedeji is a member of the secret society, Illuminati.

During a sermon with a huge congregation, the woman gave the assumption that the ace rapper is amongst those who are in the renowned secret cult headed by the Devil himself.

According to the prophetess, other top stars and iconic figures are also known to have dealings with the cult group to have their deepest desires and wishes.

Giving comparison to other various cult groups, the evangelist noted that those in the Illuminati are in direct communication with Lucifer, as it is superior to other associations.

Watch the video below;

Davido speaks – Waist trainer endorsements are for ex-BBN housemates, I don’t do them

Posted: 23 Dec 2021 12:00 AM PST

In what seems like a shade thrown at Big Brother Naija stars, singer Davido has stated that he doesn't accept waist trainer endorsement deals as they are meant for BBN ex-housemates.

The Champion Sound crooner said this during a chat with Tea With Tay, where he made mention of the various brands he is currently linked to.

OBO who was emphasizing on making more good music for the masses, diverted to a different topic as he stated that he has lots of ambassadorial deals, ranging from a Detergent company, Betting company, Biscuit, Bank and so on.

When asked if he also partners with waist trainer brands, he said such brands are meant for Big Brother Naija alumni and he doesn't accept such deals.

Watch the video below:

Portable tenders apology to Poco Lee, Olamide and Kogbagidi – “I’m in the learning process, pardon the street in me”

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 11:30 PM PST

Fast-rising artiste, Portable has tendered an apology to Poco Lee, Olamide and show promoter, Kogbagidi following their ongoing feud.

The tussle ensued after portable called out Poco Lee and accused him of stealing his song, 'Zazu' and not giving him a fair share of the $3000 Wizkid sprayed on him during a recent concert.

Reacting to this, show promoter, Kogbagidi threw the singer out while raging over his rude behaviour.

In a recent development, Portable who seems to have acknowledged his wrongdoings has offered a sincere apology to his 'benefactors'.

Captioning a video of himself apologizing, he wrote:

"My sincere apologies goes out to my benefactors @olamide @poco_lee and @kogbagidi . I am in the learning process , I know better now . Kindly forgive me and pardon the street in me . Much love and appreciation to all my fans , words cannot express my feelings right now . Thanks for the intervention and words of comfort. Now I know am not in this journey alone . Love you guys . I will never let you down again. Expect more from your boy . Zeh nation !🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏💯💯💯💯👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿👊🏿"

Watch video below:

Burna Boy’s girlfriend Stefflon Don shares cryptic post – “No matter how much love, fame and money changes people”

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 11:00 PM PST

Stefflon Don, the popular British rapper, has shared a post about relationships and how fame and money changes people.

This is coming some hours after Burna Boy had shared on this Instagram profile that: "And FYI, Odogwu nor get wife".


The British rapper, who has been dating Burna Boy for a while, shared the cryptic post on Twitter.

She wrote: "No matter how much love, Loyalty or how good you treat someone, people are just not solid and scream real but are the fakest. Fame & money changes some ppl. When people show you who they are believe them. As hard as that may be. God sees and knows. People genuinely need prayers."


Court passes judgement on five Dowen students accused of beating Sylvester Oromoni to death

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 10:30 PM PST

The five Dowen College students accused of beating 12-year-old Sylvester Oromoni to death have been granted bail by a Chief Magistrates' court in Yaba, Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the court granted the students bail in the sum of N1 million each, after a conspiracy and homicide charge was made against them by the police.

The minors have been remanded in a juvenile home since December 9, over the death of their schoolmate, Sylvester Oromoni.

Chief magistrate Olatunbosun Adeola, who heard the bail application, ordered the defendants to produce two sureties each in like sum.

The magistrate stated that one of each of the defendants' sureties must be their parent, who must swear an affidavit of compliance.

Adeola ordered the defendants to submit their travel passports to the court and their residence be verified by the prosecutor, adding that they must be within 2km of their residence at all times.

Moment Kogbagidi and Zazu star, Portable settled their differences with a warm hug

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 10:00 PM PST

Peace restored as the international show promoter, Kogbagidi and fast-rising star, Portable settle their beef with a warm hug.

Recall that Portable triggered a drama online after he publicly accused dancer, Poco Lee of stealing his song and not giving him a fair share of the money Wizkid sprayed during their recent concert.

Amid the fracas, Kogbagidi fumed and sent the singer packing for calling out Poco Lee.

However, after several interventions from both netizens and important personalities in the music industry, and a public apology made by the musician, the show promoter brought Portable back to the fold.

In a video shared by Kogbagidi on his IG page, the crooner could be seen kneeling before the show promoter helped him up.

Sharing the video, he wrote:

"Like they say " we rise by lifting up others " . We are all in the learning process . Much love and appreciation to @olamide a.k.a Baddo ti Settle Eh📌@poco_lee We Move🔝, Almighty God will continue to lift you to greater heights.Thanks for your understanding and wisdom . To my family, friends and fans , Your messages and calls melt my heart and I can only pray that Almighty God should continue to bless your ways and endeavors to prosperity. Make we dey Zehhhhh dey go this De zehhh ember 👍 One love ❤️ 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏❤️❤️❤️❤️💯💯💯💯

Ejeh Kogbagidi Noni📍"

Watch the video below:

Fans gift JMK N1M and gets a shop for her business as birthday present

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 09:30 PM PST

Ex BBNaija Housemate, Jumoke Zainab Adedoyin, who is otherwise known as JMK, has received N1 million from her fans as she turns a new age.

The reality star, who became a new age on Monday, December 20th, and celebrated by opening a restaurant as a birthday present to herself, recently took to Instagram to show off the gift from her fans.

Sharing a video of her restaurant, she wrote,

"It pleases me to say that my birthday wish came through! I am gifting myself the fruits of hard work and genuine value.

Behind the scenes, it's been tears, pain, and pure stress but today all I see is Joy, growth, and love! @jmk_eats is on ground! We're Officially launching soon!"

JMK also shared a video of the moment her fans, popularly called the JMKtrybe surprised her with N1M cheque.

 

James Brown brags after arriving Warri dressed like a man – “I’m in Warri, wetin your papa wan do? na me dey control Warri”

Posted: 22 Dec 2021 09:00 PM PST

Nigerian crossdresser, James Obialor Brown has sparked reactions on social media after sharing a video via Instagram.

In the short clip, the crossdresser was heard bragging about arriving Warri and being in total control of the state.

However, what earned him premium dragging was the fact that he ditched his normal crossdressing style, and dressed like a real man to Warri.

James Brown was spotted without makeup or wig, and he wore a face cap, making him look more like the man he is.

In the clip, James Brown said:

"Hy durling I'm in Warri. Most of you that carry una dirty mouth, if I see you in Warri I go beat you. E no go better for you I dey Warri. I commot cap for you. Wetin your papa wan do? I am in Warri, I am not just in Warri, I am controlling Warri. Na me dey here".

Previous
Next Post »