Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Shatta Wale’s mum laments again –“I’m so hungry, I’m in need of aid”

Posted: 11 Mar 2022 12:30 AM PST

Madam Elsie Avemegah, the mother to Ghana's controversial singer, Shatta Wale, has again lamented over her son's neglect.

It can be recalled that his mother had cried out some weeks back, revealing that she was being evicted from her home.

Shatta Mama, as she's fondly called, said in a viral audio tape that she can hardly afford to feed herself, but her son seems unbothered about her well-being, according to Ghbase.

Shatta Mama said:

"I am Shatta's mother. I had him in the Police Hospital and suffered much. It was 13 months and 9 days before I gave birth. My hospital costs were covered.

I had him circumcised and paid for it. I was the only one who raised my kid. I stood by him while he was Bandana. I was his support even when he couldn't compose music for a decade. It was all mine. This kid is my womb. I nurtured him to become Shatta Wale. Shatta Wale, who promised to help me, didn't even accompany me to Kaneshie.

Ghana, I am so hungry. I'm ravenous. Stop calling this a fad. What do I need hype at my age? I withheld things from you for a long time. I simply haven't been conversing. I've lost everything. I'm telling you the truth. Should I, at my age, return to the streets? Sleeping in buses? Shouldn't he take care of me if things are better now?

I am in need of aid from Ghanaians, preachers and dignitaries alike. Help me warn Shatta. I've remained quiet through it all. But this time I will speak out. I'll tell it everything.

Look at what Shatta does to me, his mother. His actions against me are justified because he arrived on Earth. But if not, the elders should counsel him. He shouldn't make me speak."

Twitter user compares consequences of singers’ leaked tapes – “Oxlade got signed to UK record label while Tiwa Savage lost multiple endorsements”

Posted: 11 Mar 2022 12:00 AM PST

Twitter user weighs the consequences that trailed popular singers, Tiwa Savage, and Oxlade, respectively following the leak of their bedroom tapes.

It would be recalled that some months ago, the bedroom video of Tiwa Savage with an individual made headlines for weeks, which was followed by that of Oxlade.

According to a Twitter user identified as Daniel Regha, Tiwa Savage was bashed for the leak of her tape while Oxlade was praised and also got signed by a UK record label.

"Oxlade got signed to Columbia Records UK after his sex scandal, whereas Tiwa Savage reportedly lost multiple endorsement deals after hers; What a world. Don't mean to be a killjoy but this alone promotes gender bias in today's society & it's appalling to say the least. No shades," he wrote.






Mary Remmy Njoku to Age-shamers – Try dying young if you feel getting old is an ugly thing

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:30 PM PST

Popular Nollywood actress, Mary Remmy Njoku has advised Nigerians to stop age-shaming people.

According to her, if those who are age-shaming people don't want the angel of death to grant their wish of not getting old.

She advised people to embrace getting old because it's inevitable.

She wrote:

"Dear Nigerians,

There is nothing like age-shaming.

If you feel getting old is an ugly thing, try dying young

Any small thing 'Old woman! Go and get married! 'Your made dey husband house old cargo' See this mumu old man!

Unfortunately for you, you are speaking to your future self, that's if you are lucky to live that long.

Stop AGE-SHAMING people if you don't want the angel of de4th to grant your personal wish of not getting old!!!

Aging is inevitable! Embrace it!!"


Korra Obidi discloses after her husband, Justin Dean announced end of their marriage

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 11:00 PM PST

Nigerian dancer, Korra Obidi has shared a short note on her Facebook page following her husband's announcement about ending their marriage.

Hours ago, her husband, Justin Dean announced that he is divorcing popular Nigerian dancer, Korra Obidi.

Justin wrote:

"Korra Obidi and I are getting a divorce. It's over! I won't be treated this way longer. I did my absolute best to make it work."

I didn't want this. I did my best. My heart broken. I supported her. I loved her. I don't deserve the way I was treated."

Reacting to this, Korra Obidi took to her page to write – "It is what it is".

See post below,



Ryan Coogler Arrested, Placed In Handcuffs After He Was Mistaken For A Bank Robber

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:30 PM PST

After he was mistaken for a bank robber, Black Panther director, Ryan Coogler, was briefly arrested and handcuffed by police in Atlanta.

35 years old Coogler, had gone to Bank of America on January 7, to make a transaction when the incident happened.

Coogler handed the bank teller a withdrawal slip with a note written on the back that reportedly read, "I would like to withdraw $12,000 cash from my checking account. Please do the money count somewhere else. I'd like to be discreet."

The bank teller misinterpreted the situation as an attempted robbery when the transaction amount exceeded $10,000 and informed her boss.

The police were called and they arrived at the bank and reportedly detained two people in an SUV who were waiting for Coogler outside the bank.

When they entered the bank, they placed Coogler in handcuffs and led him out of the bank.

"From the call we got, sounded like someone was trying to rob the bank," one of the officers says in the bodycam footage.

Coogler was later released.

Bank of America has now apologised for the mistake at the bank

Coogler confirmed the incident to Variety, saying: "This situation should never have happened. However, Bank of America worked with me and addressed it to my satisfaction and we have moved on."

Pastor, Tobi Adeboyega rains bundles of pounds on Davido as he performs at a nightclub

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 10:00 PM PST

Video footage captures the moment a UK-based Nigerian pastor, Tobi Adeboyega landed bundles of pounds on the chest of the superstar crooner, Davido as he performed at a nightclub.

In the clip, OBO could be seen performing his hit track, Champion Sound in the midst of fun-seekers while the pastor who was visibly vibing to the jam took out some bundles and gently placed them on the singer's chest.

Tobi is the founder of Salvation Proclaimers Anointed Church (SPAC Nation), a UK based Pentecostal church, and a cousin to the Nigerian-British actor, John Boyega.

Watch the video below:

https://video.flos2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/275346313_986607618929083_6116472067582005185_n.mp4?_nc_cat=108&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=985c63&efg=eyJybHIiOjU2NywicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&_nc_ohc=EGggfR4muKwAX9DEyEa&rl=567&vabr=315&_nc_ht=video.flos2-1.fna&edm=AGo2L-IEAAAA&oh=00_AT_ixFPuLODgQlsGXZ_pxvLrv8asIDmzNX3MBI2MuUK1qg&oe=622A0410

This comes days after Davido's superb performance at the London O2 Arena.

Actress, Genevieve Nnaji acquires luxury apartment worth over N700M in Bourdillon, Ikoyi

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 09:30 PM PST

Ace Nollywood star, Genevieve Nnaji has reportedly gotten herself a luxury apartment in Bourdillon, Ikoyi, Lagos State.

According to gossip blog, Cutie__juls, the mansion is worth over $1.8M and the actress alongside a couple of friends go there to chill once in a while.

The gist reads:

"My one and only role model on this gram business just lifted the bar so high.

She exclusively bought her luxury appartment for over $1.8mil in Bourdillon, Ikoyi

Rich Aunty energy.. Geneveive na your mate?

Mehn! I love this kind of brag ❤❤.

Apparently, this her new appartment is what she calls "her play house".

Meaning when she is boared, she calls friends over etc ans they hangout there for a couple of days where they only do things they love but wouldn't do everyday "around just anybody". ❤

Rich and classy."

See post below:



Mercy Johnson’s husband reacts after bumping into wife wearing his ‘expensive’ shoe to make a video

Posted: 10 Mar 2022 09:00 PM PST

A hilarious video making the rounds on social media has captured the moment Mercy Johnson's husband bumped into his wife wearing his shoe.

Apparently, the mother of four was advertising some products online, and she wore her husband's shoe to make the advert video.

While in the process of making the video, her husband came into the room and caught her wearing it.

He however smiled and gave her a subtle part of the cheek. Mercy on the other hand, quickly took off the shoes from her feet.

Reacting to the video, Amala wrote,
"Your husband be like – Do u know how much it costs, dat shoe expensive".

Kayla added,
"I love this family. Zero drama and toxicity".

Previous
Next Post »