Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Iyabo Ojo debunks claims of $500k net worth; Mercy Aigbe, Toyin Abraham, others react –“Whoever did this was joking”

Posted: 27 Apr 2022 12:30 AM PDT

Popular Nollywood actress, Iyabo Ojo has repudiated claims of having a five hundred thousand dollars net worth.

Apparently, a video had been making the rounds on social media which listed out the top six wealthiest Nollywood Yoruba actresses designating Iyabo Ojo as the sixth wealthiest with an estimated net worth of 300-500k dollars.

The actresses who had stumbled on the video refuted the claim while she urged the government tax to disregard it; stating that whoever had made the video was joking.

Iyabo Ojo wrote:

"Mogbe ooooooo Govt Tax people abeg ignore ooooooo, make una no send me tax bill o, who ever did this was just joking ni oooo."


Her fans and colleagues took to her comment section to react to her post:

realmercyaigbe wrote: "Too much money"

toyin_abraham wrote: "@iyaboojofespris lol you are rich aunty Iyabo don't run"

sindodotayo wrote: "Zinzuuuu money @iyaboojofespris shey make I send my aza ni"




Laycon laments over state of the nation –“I’m scared”

Posted: 27 Apr 2022 12:00 AM PDT

Ex Big Brother Naija housemate, Olamilakan Agbeleshe better known as Laycon, has expressed his fear and lamented over the state of the country.

In a post the reality star made on the popular micro blogging platform, Twitter, the singer and Reality star queried about the sort of government that exists in the country.

According to him, while schools are closed for sometime now, due to the ASUU strike, the government is only focused on election.

He wrote:

"I'm scared ooo, I'm really scared. What kind of government is this !!! Universities are closed, they have been closed for months and this mandem are focused on elections alone."


Davido calls his son, Ifeanyi, an automatic billionaire

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 11:30 PM PDT

Sensational singer, Davido has spent some quality time with his mini as he declares his son an automatic billionaire.

The 29-year-old singer took some time out to spend cozy moment with his little son, Ifeanyi, in their Banana Island home.

Boasting about the little boy's wealth, the crooner has declared him online an automatic billionaire.

Davido uploaded videos and images with his little son, one in particular in which the little boy slept ensconced in his arm as he declared him an automatic billionaire.


The "Fem" crooner could be seen in one of the videos throwing his little boy up as they both spent some father-son time.

Fans called out Davido as IG influencer, Ama Reginald acquires Range Rover SUV

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 11:00 PM PDT

Social media users have pointed at the popular music star, David Adeleke, professionally known as Davido after IG influencer, Ama Reginald splashed millions of naira on a Range Rover SUV.

The lady took to her Instagram page with over 100k followers to share a video of her newly acquired whip.


Captioning the post, she wrote:

"New new."

Watch the video below:

However, netizens began to speculate that Davido is the reason for this superb acquisition. The singer also liked the post.

Some went on to thank the crooner for the presumed car gift while others asserted that Davido and Ama Reginald are currently in a romantic relationship.

Check out some mixed reactions below:



Tonto Dikeh says after she had a dream about stingy enemies – “I want rich enemies”

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 10:30 PM PDT

Veteran actress, Tonto Dikeh has stated that she wants enemies that are rich and not the stingy types she saw in her dream.

She narrated that she had had a dream in which her enemies had invited her to their house and gave her half meat and fish eyes.

She stated that she doesn't want enemies that are stingy that would be serving her half meats but wants one that would be serving her full chicken and turkey in dreams.

She added that she doesn't want to fight her enemies again because they're not only stingy in real life anymore but in dreams as well.

She then made fun of the whole thing, saying that the kingdom of darkness seem to be suffering from SAPA.

See her post below:


James Brown reveals – When I stopped being ashamed of dressing and acting like a woman

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 10:00 PM PDT

Popular crossdresser, James Brown has hinted at when he stopped being ashamed of dressing and acting like a woman.

James Brown revealed this during a question and answer session on Instagram when a follower asked if he's not ashamed of portraying the feminine lifestyle including his outfits.

In response, he noted that he lost his shame the day he was accused by Nigerians of being a homosexual without any evidence.

In his words:

"I lost my shame the day Nigeria accuse me of being a homosexual with any evidence on August 27th 2018 and I still went to prison for one month oooo Oga I don lost am tay tay."

See the post below:


Lady shares sad experience how her mother abandoned her with her ex-boyfriend

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 09:00 AM PDT

A lady has recounted a sad tale of how her mother left her with her ex-boyfriend and disappeared after promising to come back.

In a lengthy post, the lady revealed that her single mum had met her ex-boyfriend (whom she now refers to as 'father') when she was just 10 years old.

They had lived happily with the man who accepted and treated her like his own daughter; although, after a year, the mum left and all she had said to her was that she'd come back for her but hasn't done so till this very day.

She wrote:

"Hello #Admin Make me #Anonymous please

For the past eight years, I've been living with my mother's ex boyfriend, see my mother wasn't really lucky when it came to love and relationships, according to her, my biological father abandoned her when she was pregnant with me and she didn't really have anyone to help her, her family cut ties with her when she got pregnant and she was helpless. I remember meeting at least three of her boyfriends and watched them leave her alone and heartbroken. When I was 10, she met the man i now call my father, their relationship was okay, all so it seemed. This man accepted me as his daughter from day one and for the first time I felt like I had a father.. the next few months were complete bliss, he didn't have much but he provided for me and my mom, but I guess it wasn't enough for my mother.

After a year of us living together like a normal family, my mother left, all she said to me was "I'll come back to get you" she hasn't come up to this day. The first few weeks she was away, was really hard especially for my new dad, he loved her and he did everything he could to make her happy, he even accepted me but it wasn't enough for my mother. I waited for her to come back but she never did, no calls or messages, it was hard, | cried every night, why would she do that to me? | got my second heart break, my first one, being my father denying me before | was even born. My new father helped me get through it all, he tried his best to play the role of mother and father to a child that wasn't his.

Weeks turned into months and months to years, she still didn't show. My new dad met someone amazing, he told her I was his daughter and she accepted me with both arms. They have been so good to me, there's never a day that they make me feel like I'm not their daughter, I have two younger siblings now and I'm truly grateful to be apart of this family. I thank God everyday for their lives. As for my biology mother, I still have no clue where she is, I hold no grudges, I hope she's happy where she is."





Lady flaunts N1.5M period allowance received from boyfriend

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 08:00 AM PDT

Young lady takes to social media to flaunt that cash sum of N1.5M which she claimed to have received from her boyfriend.

A video making rounds on social media captured a lady jubilating after receiving a gift of N1.5M from her man for being on her period.


The young lady could be seen jumping and dancing as she exercised an ecstatic feeling of holding a whopping sum of N1.5M in cash.

The video, however, triggered mixed reactions as some users tagged the claim to be false while others expressed concern for the young lady's safety.

Watch the video below …

Man writes after surviving accident that claimed his partner’s life – “This is to FRSC officials who arrived the scene with no first-aid”

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 07:00 AM PDT

A Nigerian man identifed as Toyosi Olufade is in pains, as he reflects on the fatal car accident that claimed his partner's life on March 22, 2022.

Sharing photos of the embattled vehicle on Twitter, the young man penned a lengthy caption as he noted that his country failed him.

Toyosi lambasted officials of the Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) who arrived the scene with no first aid; the passersby who took advantage of the situation and looted the embattled vehicle; the person who jumped from nowhere to the express and made them run into a trailer, among others.


In his words: "I am an accident survivor (March 22 2022) and I have so much to say. Lost my fiancée who was beside me in this incident (while I drove) one month ago at Tollgate Ibadan. I honestly lost a treasure.

"Dropping this right here because I will refer back to this incident for good in months and years to come. Nobody needs to ask me if I'm broken or not, I am.. I couldn't save the LOML. I couldn't and it's so painful.

"To the person who jumped from nowhere to the express and made us run into a trailer, God sees you even tho you escaped (you can't run from God).

"To FRSC officials who arrived at the incident with no first-aid till she gave up beside me while we were transited to the far located hospital and to ppl who took advantage of the situation to rob the accident car and steal while our lives were been fought for, thank u so much.

"To the Nigerian Police who didn't do the needful but was waiting for me to recover and still come to pay a huge some of money before I could retrieve the already damaged and write off car, thank you also. Nigeria failed me, Nigeria failed JOKE.

"It is still not the end yet cos God has saved me for a reason I'm figuring out. No broken bones. No internal bleeding. Just some injuries, pains and a big loss.

"Can't wait to honor you with so much success and manifestations. This situation has changed my entire life but all will be well at the end. I love youuuuuuu! Peace."



Seyi Shay shares first glimpse of her newborn daughter

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 06:00 AM PDT

Talented singer and songwriter, Seyi Shay has given fans a first glimpse of her new born daughter.

Recall that the singer had taken to social media on April 22, to announce that she's finally put to birth.

Fans and colleagues had deluged her comment section with so many congratulatory messages following the birth of her daughter.

The "right now" crooner has finally satisfied a little of her fans' curiousity as she shares a first glimpse of her beautiful new born daughter.


Rumors of her pregnancy sparked months ago early this year, she had then verified the rumors in February when she finally unveiled her baby bump in a music video.

Mercy Johnson jubilates as schools reopen; showers prayers on teachers

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 05:30 AM PDT

Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson Okojie has expressed her relief as schools resumes today.

The actress who's ostensibly tired of her kids disturbance took to social media to describe how overjoyed she is that school is resuming.

She revealed that she had already suffered enough at the hands of the kids and can't wait to drop them off at school.

She wrote:

"And school resumes tomorrow, see me dancing na….I can't wait to drop them off at 7am because I don too suffer. God bless every Teacher ooo chai".



Netizens who found her relief hilarious had also recounted their own experience with their kids as they stated that kids are the joy of motherhood.

Singer, Davido engages troll in heated exchange over ‘childish write-up and show off’

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 05:00 AM PDT

One of the biggest Afrobeat singers in Nigeria, Davido Adeleke, engages a troll in a heated exchange over his way of life.

The singer had taken to his Instagram story to share a video of himself walking home from the gym.

Sharing the video, Davido wrote in the caption, "Peaceful walk home from my other home gym."

This caption, however, triggered a troll who condemned the singer for showing off unnecessarily with a childish caption.

O.B.O who felt offended by the reply blasted the troll while offering advice on asking for help rather than beefing.

See the exchange between the duo below …



Uti Nwachukwu Makes Shocking Revelation – I Was In Coma For 3 Days; Mum Was Told I Had Few Minutes To Live

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 04:30 AM PDT

Uti has made a shocking revelation about his younger version and how he battled ill health. 

Reality star cum Nollywood actor, Uti Nwachukwu has expressed appreciation to God as he recounted how God saved his life at a young age.

Sharing his testimony, Uti Nwachukwu said he was given a few minutes to live because his organs were failing due to chronic typhoid.

Uti Nwachukwu said his kidney and liver were shutting down and his intestines were perforated, which led to septicemia.

According to the TV presenter, the doctor told his mother to stay with him since he had few minutes to live on the third day of being in a coma.

Uti Nwachukwu added that his mother cried and prayed, and God miraculously came through for him.


He wrote:

"Yup. Me. I was about 5 or 6 years old, Was given a few minutes to live after my organs were failing from chronic typhoid. Wasn't making pee. Kidneys and liver were shutting down. Was almost skin and bones. Intestines were perforated so it led to septicemia.

By the 3rd day of coma, doctor told my mother to spend the last few with me. They had done all they physically could.

Mum cries and prays, I wake up early hours of the morning to her puffy face shouting thank you, Jesus. Doctor comes in and is in shock.

Years later when I was 13 went for my yearly checkup. The doctor says: I hope you know God cos medicine didn't save you years ago. God did' I said yes ma. I know God, she said good. All glory honour praise majesty worship adoration and power be unto almighty Yahweh now and forevermore."

Korra Obidi Cries Out For Justice Over Alleged Theft

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 04:00 AM PDT

Popular Nigerian dancer and brand influencer, Korra Obidi has taken to social media with a theft allegation against a vendor she worked with.

On Monday, The mother of two blew hot on  Instagram as she accused a Jamaican skincare vendor of stealing $2,500 from her.

According to her, the vendor blocked her after she did a promotion for her. Korra also claimed the vendor demanded a refund after she had already promoted and tagged her brand on social media.

The 27-year-old pleaded with her fans to help her report the vender's Instagram account adding that she is weak and needs justice.

"Woke up to a Jamaican vendor I gave a promotion starbeauty_body requesting a refund after being tagged and stealing $2500 from me.

"You need to type it. She has blocked me. Please I need justice. I am weak. Please report this page for theft starbeauty_body," she wrote in an Instagram post.

SEE POST BELOW



Ubi Franklin’s Babymama, Sandra Iheuwa Reels Out Her Academic Achievements – School Isn’t A Scam

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 03:30 AM PDT

Despite being a businesswoman, Ubi Franklin's babymama, Sandra Iheuwa has bragged about her academic achievements.

In a post shared on Instagram, Sandra Iheuwa opined that school isn't a scam, and despite her years in business, she is also a graduate of four degrees.

Listing some of her achievements, Sandra said she won the business strategy game among other graduate students and worked for one of the larger banks in America as a senior operation associate.

Sandra Iheuwa added she might be getting her PhD before her 40th birthday. She wrote:

"Monday Motivation: School isn't a scam well kinda. Despite my years in business I'm also a graduate with 4 degrees 2 A.S, 1 B.Sc and 1 Masters. I won the business strategy game amongst other graduate students. I worked for one of the largest banks in America as a Senior Operations Associate I believe I was about 20 yrs old then with no degree till today I don't know how I pulled that off my hustle didn't start today o swipe Left to see my badge.

Well I'm thinking of getting my Ph.d done before I'm 40 yrs old."





BBNaija Boma – How I Was Spiritually Attacked, Crippled For Four Years

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 03:00 AM PDT

Former big brother Naija housemate Boma Akpore has narrated how he survived a 'spiritual' attack on his left leg that left him crippled for four years.

The reality star-actor shared his story on his Instagram story during the early hours of today, Monday, April 25.

According to Boma, he had a spiritual attack on his left leg in primary three which caused a sore that eventually crippled him. Boma said the doctors advised them to amputate the leg but his grandmother refused and he got better after visiting a church for prayers. He wrote:

"When I was in Primary 3, I had a spiritual attack on my left leg which led to a sore that wasn't going to heal, which eventually lead me into being a cripple. Doctors advised that we cut the leg since we had visited countless hospitals and there wasn't any positive result. My grandma refused.

We started going to crusades and lots of church programs. Was at a church vigil and the pastor said there was someone here with a spiritual sore, you're healed in Jesus name and I claimed it with faith. My healing started 30 minutes after. It took me about 4 years to get better and I started learning how to walk again. Only a Fool will say there's no GOD. May his name be praised hallelujah. Thank you Lord for your countless blessings upon my life amen."

Rema reveals – how I switched from gospel to secular music

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 02:30 AM PDT

Nigerian singer, Divine Ikubor a.k.a Rema, has shared the story of how he made a transition from gospel to secular music.

Noting that the switch began when he started going to sing at bars and lounges to make ends meet, the Benin-born singer revealed that prior to then, he was the head of a gospel rap group in his church.

The singer made this revelation during Rubbin' Minds show on Channels TV, monitored by The PUNCH on Sunday.

In his words: "I was still in Benin when that switch happened. A lot of people thought that when I got signed, I started deviating.

"No. Actually, life was tough in Benin. I'm not that guy to ask the people in church to pay me because I'm doing God's work.

"Right there in Benin, I started going to competitions, going to bars, lounges, political rallies; just trying to get on the stage and hold a microphone, to at least get sprayed some money to come back home and feed my family, because we were going through tough times.

"I lost my father and brother and I needed to come through for my family. At that point in time, I felt like that's where I started spacing out; little by little, until I just exiled."

According to him, the transition was weird for him and his mum but he was unable to convince the latter about his choice.

"It was weird for me and most especially for my mum because she was well known in church. I didn't do any much explaining. I just told her to trust me," Rema said.

Davido gushes over baby mama, Sophia Momodu — “My money dey show”

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 02:00 AM PDT

Superstar Afrobeat singer, Davido Adeleke, gushes over his baby mama, Sophia Momodu, who made heads turn in a stunning outfit.

The businesswoman had taken to the image-sharing platform to drop stunning shots in a party dress that she attended over the weekend.

Davido who never seem to shy away from pouring out his emotions, especially when it had to do with his baby mamas and children took to the comment section to applaud Sophia Momodu.

"My money dey show," Davido wrote in the comment as an admiration of his beauty queen.

It is no doubt the singer keeps a cordial relationship with all his baby mamas regardless of the circumstance.


Reactions as Nkechi Blessing’s ex-lover, Opeyemi shares loved-up video with mystery woman

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 01:30 AM PDT

Tongues wag as Nkechi Blessing Sunday's ex-lover, Opeyemi Falegan shares a loved-up video with a mystery lady days after his faceoff with the actress.

Recall that Nkechi Blessing and Opeyemi Falegan got into a messy fight on social media a few days back which proved rumours about their crashed relationship true.

However, netizens are speculating that the Ekiti State politician has 'moved on' after he shared a video with a white lady alongside a caption that reads:

"It easier to talk than to listen
Practice listening ( don't be a pen gladiator with no value or doings in
Life) (a good friend )"

Watch the video below:

Moment Adekunle Gold poses as ‘superfan’ to surprise Simi with birthday cake

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 01:00 AM PDT

Popular Afropop singer, Simi Kosoko, receives a warm surprise from her husband, Adekunle Gold, who posed as a superfan.

Simi who had celebrated her 34th birthday some days ago received a surprise birthday cake from her husband while on national television.

During an episode of the Nigerian Idol where the mother of one is a judge received words on how a superfan was invited to celebrate her.

To Simi's surprise, her husband, Adekunle Gold was the superfan who came with a cake to celebrate his darling wife.

Watch the video below …

Cute Geminme clears the air amid news alleging she went back to Lhil Frosh – “We are not back together”

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 12:30 AM PDT

Cute Geminme, rapper Lhil Frosh's estranged girlfriend has debunked the viral news that she went back to the DMW signee amid the domestic violence allegation she made against him. 

Recall that Lhil Frosh had denied the allegation even after Cute Geminme reportedly filed a suit against him.

Amid the news of their reconcilation and reunion, Cute Geminme on Instagram cleared the air, noting that she and the rapper are not back together, and that she only said they were in good terms after the court case was withdrawn and settled.

Speaking in a now-video, she said: "I and Lhil Frosh never Got Back together, I Regret ever speaking up and telling the world that Lhil Frosh was b**ting me.

"Till today everyone is using it against me to mock and laugh at me, I will never advise any woman facing Domestic Violence to come out and speak up, because in this society nobody cares."

Watch Video Below

Moment Georgina Ibeh blesses her mom with a car on her birthday

Posted: 26 Apr 2022 12:00 AM PDT

Popular actress, Georgina Ibeh has melted hearts after she surprised her mother, Mrs Nkem Ibeh on her birthday on Sunday, April 24.

The actress had prior to the surprising her mum with a car gift, written a very glowing tribute to her mother on her birthday.

The actress took her mum on a walk through some cars with the mother left wondering what the surprise could be until she was moved to tears when the car gift was shown to her.

Fans and colleagues has hailed the actress with some saying that no matter how one gets successful, they should never forget to take care of family.

Watch the video below:

T Classic currently hospitalized after allegedly poisoned while hanging out with friends

Posted: 25 Apr 2022 11:30 PM PDT

Nigerian singer and songwriter, Tolulope Ajayi better known by his stage name T-Classic, has been allegedly poisoned while hanging out with his friends on Sunday.

According to an earlier report, the singer got admitted to the hospital immediately after the incident that left him fighting for his life.

Photos of the singer on a hospital bed has since made the rounds on social media.

Confirming the incident on Twitter, and in what could be said is a good news for his fans who had all express worry, the singer noted that he was getting better.

He wrote: "Thanks for all the calls, Prayers and messages… Man is finally Getting Better. With Love ❤️ #ClassicalArmy."


Man narrates traumatic experience – How I was expelled from school at age 12 over false rape accusation

Posted: 25 Apr 2022 11:00 PM PDT

Young man takes to social media to pen the traumatic experience from the age of 12 when he was falsely accused of molesting a female student.

Twitter user simply identified as @Ojay_obin took to the microblogging platform to narrate his childhood experience at the hands of a false accuser.

According to Jay, he was called out for rape by a female student which led to a serious interrogation and coercing at the hands of teachers before he was finally expelled.

Fortunately, the little girl in question confessed weeks later and his name was cleared of the said accusations.

Read his narration below …

"I was 12 years old when I was first accused of r-pe by a girl.
I didn't know this person. She had recently enrolled in my school.

I was a class ahead but she knew me because I was arguably the most popular kid in my high school. I, like those boys, got expelled for it.

During the disciplinary committee hearings, the teachers tried all sort of tricks to get me to accept I did it. They even dangled no punishment as a reward for my confession.

Imagine trying to coerce a small boy to confess to something he didn't do. You must be really vile!

I'm guessing they couldn't fathom the idea that a girl would lie about something that serious. My popularity quickly became my enemy. I was ostracised by everyone including my siblings in that school.

I was alone, with only truth and my conscience as my companions…
I was recalled when she admitted to them some weeks later that it was a lie. All she got as punishment was 6 strokes of the cane.

Weigh that against my expulsion and tell me that was fair for a child to go through. This girl had already been engaging in sexual acts at the time.

She was known to the boys as a "giver" and knew what she was doing when she lied against me. So forgive me if I don't buy the idea that a teenager can't be called a hoe.

I will die on this hill that children know what they're doing. They're more self aware than you think. Selah!"

https://twitter.com/ojay_obin/status/1517063208166645760?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1517063208166645760%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.gistreel.com%2Fhow-i-was-expelled-from-school-at-age-12-over-false-rape-accusation-man-narrates-traumatic-experience%2F

iPhone user mocked Ebuka for using Android phone

Posted: 25 Apr 2022 10:30 PM PDT

Popular TV personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu has reacted after an IPhone user mocked him for using Android phone.

A Twitter user identified as Emmanuel udoh took to the comment section to throw a jibe at Ebuka after he noticed he uses an Android phone.

Most Nigerians expect that celebrities would be using IPhones since it's a luxurious phone that goes with their status rather than android mobiles.

The iPhone user who had noticed that Ebuka's post showed he's using Twitter for Android had decided to subtly mock him:

The iPhone user wrote:

"So you are using Android lol"


Replying, Ebuka unabashedly disclosed that he's using two android phones and mentioned the name of the brands.

See his response below:



Previous
Next Post »