Free Technology for Teachers - 2 new articles

One of the all-time most popular videos on my YouTube channel was about how to add a countdown timer to your PowerPoint slides. Unfortunately, the method used in that video no longer works. I was contacted earlier this week by someone who wanted to know ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 2 new articles

  1. How to Add a Timer to Your PowerPoint Slides
  2. Free PDFs for Lessons on Telling Time
  3. More Recent Articles

How to Add a Timer to Your PowerPoint Slides

One of the all-time most popular videos on my YouTube channel was about how to add a countdown timer to your PowerPoint slides. Unfortunately, the method used in that video no longer works. I was contacted earlier this week by someone who wanted to know if I could suggest another way to add a timer to her PowerPoint slides. I made this new video to answer that question. 

In the new video that is embedded below I demonstrate how to add the Breaktime timer to your PowerPoint slides

 


For those who are not PowerPoint users or those would simply prefer to have a countdown timer option that is not tied to PowerPoint, here are four other timer tools that I recommend.

 
   

Free PDFs for Lessons on Telling Time

A couple of days ago I shared a few resources for helping students learn to tell time. One of those resources that I mentioned, but didn't demonstrate, was Canva's templates for making clocks and their templates for making lessons about telling time. The templates can be used as is or you can modify them to fit your needs before downloading them as PDFs. 

In the short video that is embedded below I demonstrate how to use Canva to create PDFs that you can use for lessons about telling time

 


Applications for Education
As I mentioned in the video above, I printed a few of these PDFs because my daughter is learning to tell time on an analog watch. I modified the templates a bit to make them a little easier for her to use. For example, I replaced the prompt of "quarter past ten" to simply "10:15am."
   

More Recent Articles


Previous
Next Post »