Free Technology for Teachers - 3 new articles

A couple of weeks ago in my Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week newsletter I included a PDF guide to use in determining whether or not you can use a picture you've found on the Internet. To accompany that guide and provide some clarifications I then ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 3 new articles

  1. Can I Use That Picture? - A Short Guide to Using Pictures from the Web
  2. Bookmarking With the Updated Google Keep Chrome Extension
  3. 25,000+ People Get Their Ed Tech Tips This Way
  4. More Recent Articles

Can I Use That Picture? - A Short Guide to Using Pictures from the Web

A couple of weeks ago in my Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week newsletter I included a PDF guide to use in determining whether or not you can use a picture you've found on the Internet. To accompany that guide and provide some clarifications I then recorded a short video presentation in Canva. 

In this short video I provide a high-level overview of determining whether or not you can re-use a particular picture that you've found on the Internet. For a list of good, classroom-friendly places to find pictures for your projects, take a look at my guide to finding media for classroom projects

Video - Can I Use That Picture? A Short Presentation About Copyright

 
   

Bookmarking With the Updated Google Keep Chrome Extension

A little over a month ago I was worried that my days of using the Google Keep Chrome extension to bookmark websites were coming to an end. Based on the number of views of that blog post and the emails that I got in response to it, I wasn't the only one who had that worry. Fortunately, we were all worried for nothing. The Google Keep Chrome extension was updated last week and it can still be used to bookmark websites. The difference is that the steps for bookmarking with the Keep Chrome extension are a little different than before. 

In this new video I demonstrate how to use the updated version of the Google Keep Chrome extension to bookmark interesting websites. The updated version of the extension now makes you click "Create Note" after clicking on the extension. The previous version didn't require that extra step. Just like the previous version of the Keep Chrome extension, you can still add comments and labels to your bookmarks. 

Video - Bookmarking With the Updated Google Keep Chrome Extension

 


Applications for Education
One of the things that I've always like about bookmarking websites with Google Keep is that you can easily access your bookmarks while working on a Google Document or Google Slides presentation. That makes it easy to find and insert citations for the references used in those documents and presentations.
   

25,000+ People Get Their Ed Tech Tips This Way

Last week I wrote about going back to basics with email and RSS. The main point of that article being that email and RSS are good ways to follow your favorite websites without having to rely on the vagaries of social media algorithms. Since that post went live I've had a few folks reach out to ask about the RSS feed for this blog and the email options for following it. 

There is a daily email that is generated from Free Technology for Teachers. You can subscribe to the daily email here. That email is simply the content of the blog posts that I publish during the day.

Every Sunday evening/ Monday morning I publish my weekly newsletter called the Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week. That newsletter features my favorite tip of the week, a list of the most popular posts of the week from Free Technology for Teachers, and usually a personal note or fun reference like "were Ross and Rachel really on a break?" The Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week newsletter is also where I usually publish handouts like my guide to finding classroom-friendly media before I publish it anywhere else. 

Click here to subscribe to the Practical Ed Tech Tip of the Week

Finally, if you want to add the Free Technology for Teachers RSS feed to your favorite feed reader, here's the link you need

   

More Recent Articles


Previous
Next Post »