Free Technology for Teachers - 2 new articles

A few days ago I shared a neat map of gray whale migration patterns. That map was created on the Felt mapping platform. Felt was one of my favorite new tools of 2022 and is only getting better at the start of 2023. The most recent update to Felt ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 2 new articles

  1. A New Felt Mapping Tool
  2. Design a Mobile App With Google Slides
  3. More Recent Articles

A New Felt Mapping Tool

A few days ago I shared a neat map of gray whale migration patterns. That map was created on the Felt mapping platform. Felt was one of my favorite new tools of 2022 and is only getting better at the start of 2023. 

The most recent update to Felt introduced an easier way to access the most frequently used features of Felt. Now you can simply right-click on your map to add notes, lines, labels, and more. Additionally, you can now right-click to view any location in Google Maps or Open Street Map. Watch my new tutorial that is embedded below to learn how to use the latest feature in Felt. 

Video - A New and Handy Feature of Felt for Multimedia Mapping  

 


Video - Felt Offers a Great Way to Create Custom Maps

 


Video - Two Cool Mapping Tools on Felt.com

 
   

Design a Mobile App With Google Slides

Yesterday I published a post featuring three tools for creating mobile apps. I should point out that while those tools are helpful, students still need to take time to plan what they want their apps to do and how they will look. To that end, in the past I've had my students use Google Slides to design their apps before they start to put their apps together. 

In an effort to make my students think about all of the menus, items, and media that their apps will need, I have my students use Google Slides to outline the design of their apps. They're doing this by having each slide in their slideshows represent a screen in their apps. Then they use the hyperlinking function in Google Slides to link between the slides in their slideshows. Again, that's done to simulate tapping screens in the apps they're designing. In the following video I explain this process a bit more.

 
   

More Recent Articles


Previous
Next Post »