Free Technology for Teachers - 3 new articles

Last week my Android notified me that I had 22 apps that I hadn't used in the last 30 days. I took that as a good reminder to do an audit of all the things connected to my Google account and disable or uninstall the apps, extensions, and add-ons that I ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 3 new articles

  1. How to Remove Google Forms Add-ons
  2. Ask Two EdTech Guys
  3. Create a Snowman Word Game
  4. More Recent Articles

How to Remove Google Forms Add-ons

Last week my Android notified me that I had 22 apps that I hadn't used in the last 30 days. I took that as a good reminder to do an audit of all the things connected to my Google account and disable or uninstall the apps, extensions, and add-ons that I no longer use. That process included removing some Google Forms add-ons as well as some Google Slides add-ons. 

If it has been a while since you last did an audit of the add-ons connected to your Google Workspace products, now's a good time to do that. When you find something that you no longer need, remove it. This short video shows you how to remove add-ons from Google Forms. The process is almost identical for Google Docs, Slides, and Sheets. 

Video - How to Remove Google Forms Add-ons

 


On a related note, if you have Chrome extensions installed that you no longer need, watch this video to learn how to remove them.

Video - How to Manage Your Chrome Extensions

 


Applications for Education
Doing an audit of the third-party tools connected to your Google account is a good digital citizenship habit to teach to students. Guide them through the process and explain to them that the fewer third-party services you have connected to your account, the fewer opportunities there are for your account to be compromised.
   

Ask Two EdTech Guys

At the end of 2022 Rushton Hurley and I brought the curtain down on our series of live webinars titled Two EdTech Guys Take Questions and Share Cool Stuff. The archive of the shows lives on right here. And if you can't get enough of our friendly faces and banter, we're bringing the series back in a new format! But we need your questions to make it go. 

If you have an educational technology question that is burning in your brain, we'd love to answer it for you. To submit your question please fill out the short form that's listed here and is also embedded below. 

   

Create a Snowman Word Game

Earlier today when I picked up my daughter from preschool she proudly showed me the snowman artwork that she had made during art class. A picture of her artwork is the featured image of this blog post. 

Seeing my daughter's snowman art reminded me of the snowman word game template offered by Flippity. Flippity's Snowman word game is a game in which students have to correctly guess the letters of a word in order to prevent their snowmen from melting. The template lets you make your own variation on the game with words and hints of your choosing. Your game can be shared with students via its assigned URL. Students don't need accounts in order to play the games that you create. Here's an overview of how to create your own online word games by using Flippity's Snowman template

 

   

More Recent Articles


Previous
Next Post »