Hypnogoria

Hypnogoria


ELDRITCH LIGHT ORCHESTRA - Sweeper

Posted: 31 May 2019 04:00 AM PDT



So then, as my sonic offering didn't cause any outbreaks of either a) deafness and b) people shouting "for the love of Kraftwerk, STOP!", I shall continue to report on my musical meanderings... 

While I haven't really a bloody clue what I'm doing, I have been rather enjoying just messing about with chords and assorted patterns of notes. Quite bu accident, while mucking about the other day, I found the bassline to "Are Friends Electric?"  - I was delighted! 

More seriously though, the Arturia Keystep is a real delight to play - the keys have a gorgeous feel to them and are properly responsive. They are velocity sensitive - so the tone of the note depends on how hard or soft you hit the key, plus it has aftertouch too - which roughly means adding additional pressure generates more of a note. So then, while the actual keys are a bit smaller, it is just like a proper piano! And hence, if you are looking for a midi keyboard controller, particularly if you are wanting to play a lot of stuff live as it were, I do heartily the Keystep. The sequencer and arpeggiator are a lot of fun too, but more about them another day. 


Anyhow, enough of my blathering on, here's another little improvised demi-ambient piece - again just using the soft synths built into Ableton Live - where some chilled out chords go search in tune for a proper tune ! 


Previous
Next Post »