Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Laura Ikeji – “I have never bleached my skin in my life”

Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:30 AM PST


Rumours making rounds on the internet is that Nigerian fashion blogger and entrepreneur, Laura Ikeji has been bleaching her skin.

The rumours began on social media when she posted a video on IG, which purportedly showed the entrepreneur looking fairer than her normal skin complexion.

Laura Ikeji has now dismissed the rumours that she is bleaching her skin. In a post on IG, the fashion blogger stated that she has never bleached her skin rather she is toning it.

"Funny fact is, I've never bleached my skin in my life. Maybe a lil toning here n there but nothing intense. Money kinda brings out ur natural skin lol.", she wrote.


Wizkid congratulates Burna Boy for winning Best Africa Act Award at 2019 MTV EMA

Posted: 05 Nov 2019 12:00 AM PST


Nigerian musician and Superstar Wizkid has congratulated Burna Boy aka African giant for bagging the 'Best Africa Act' award at the 2019 MTV EMA.

Burna Boy who was nominated alongside fellow Nigerian, Teni the Entertainer, South Africa's Prince Kaybee and Nasty C, Harmonize from Tanzania and Togo's duo TooFan, took home the prestigious award at a star-studded event held in Seville, Spain on Sunday, November 3rd, 2019.

The African Giant however, did not attend the presentation as he was holding a concert at SSE Arena in Wembley, London.


With Burna Boy winning the award, Nigerian musicians have now clinched it the fourth time in a row. Wizkid won it in 2016, Davido 2017, Tiwa Savage in 2018.


Diane hosted by her fans in a meet & greet session in Lagos

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 11:30 PM PST


BBNaija star, Diane Russet was hosted by her fans in a meet and greet session yesterday in Lagos and she got a room full of expensive and thoughtful gifts.

The Kaduna born was one of the most loved housemates in the BBNaija 2019 edition, her endearing, sweet and easy-going nature has made her garner true and genuine fans.

Daine Yashim took to her Instagram page after the event to thank her fans for turning up for her.

"My Exact Expression When My Small But MIGHTY Army @TeamDiane_ Surprises Me With My Long Wishes !! I'm So BLESSED To Have You All As My Family THANK YOU from The Bottom Of My Heart !!!!", she wrote

See photos and video below;




Burna Boy makes history as he becomes the first African to sell out the Wembley SSE Arena in London

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 11:00 PM PST


Burna Boy had a great night yesterday November 3, as he became the first Afrobeat artiste to sell out the SSE Arena asides winning the "Best African Act' Award at the star-studded 2019 MTV EMA held in Seville, Spain.

The sold out concert which was held at the 12,500-seat SSE Arena also had Davido, Dave, M.anifest,ij Wstrn and Stormzy performing.

Here is a photo of Burna Boy receiving a plaque over the sold-out concert and videos from the event;


Tacha’s fans blast House of Lunettes for signing Seyi as a brand ambassador

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 10:30 PM PST


It looks like Tacha's fans are not happy after reality star, Seyi secured an endorsement deal in the bag from the same brand that signed controversial housemate, Tacha.

Recall that Seyi's brand ambassadorial deal announcement was shared via the official Instagram page of luxury eye wear brand, House of Lunettes.

Following the announcement of Seyi as their brand ambassador on IG, some Tacha's fan took to the comment section to blast the company for taking such decision.

Tacha's fans were outraged because Seyi called Tacha all sorts of unprintable names during their stay in the Big Brother Naija.


"A very shameless company after using Tacha for sales you decided to sign Seyi to work alongside my Tacha, a man that called my baby all sorts of unprintable names a man that doesn't respect woman …Shamesless people", a fan, said.

See their comments below;


Cardi B advises little girls against smoking weed and cigarette

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 10:00 PM PST


American rapper Belcalis Almánzar, popularly known as Cardi B has taken to her social media page to advise little girls against smoking cigarette or cocaine to impress anyone.

The rapper shared photos of her 15-year old self smoking a cigarette and she noted her shock at what made her take to such act.

In this present age, young girls are becoming fond of taking to bad vices not to feel left out among their peers but the mother of one said that it is not worth it.


According to her, such persons would grow up to realize that they did not do the right thing.

She said:


"15 year old Cardi …Dear little girls don't smoke cigarettes or weed trying to look cool for the seniors cause you really gonna grow up and see how dumb you look doing it… Seriously tho what was I thinking? anyways naaa my mustache was too much."




Blossom Chukwujekwu receives a birthday message from his estranged wife

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 09:30 PM PST


Blossom Chukwujekwu is celebrating his birthday today Monday, November 4, 2019, and his estranged wife, Maureen has a message for him.

Recall that the couple made the headlines back in September after the news broke that their once admired marriage had crashed.

Well, Chukwujekwu turned a year older and his estranged wife left social media users stunned and confused after she took to her Instagram account to celebrate him.

Sharing his photo, she simply wrote: "Happiest Birthday Bubba❤️"


The couple had been known for their sweet displays of affection on social media and it came as a huge surprise that their union crashed after three years together.

Bbnaija’s Seyi Awolowo excited as he meets Wizkid and Tiwa Savage

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 09:00 PM PST


Big Brother Naija finalist, Seyi Awolowo was present at Dj Neptune's show tagged Sounds of Neptune, last night.

The reality tv star met with music celebrities at the show. He posed with Wizkid and Tiwa Savage among others in the pictures he shared on instagram.

He shared the photos with caption:

#SoundofNeptune. Same night, different show How we turned up to support @deejayneptune with the gang
@djjimmyjatt@wizkidayo@tiwasavage@sunglassesbaron @king_isilomo @lookingforavala #aboutlastnight
#djneptune

See more photos below:




Top Banker, Wife in EFCC custody Over $1.49million Dollars via FBI tipoff

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 03:15 PM PST

Banker Rowly Isioro, right and his wife Ovuomarhoni Naomi Isioro

Rowly Isioro, an assistant general manager with one of the first generation banks in Nigeria has been sacked over his involvement in Business email compromise scam.

Isioro did not just lose his job. Flagged by the FBI, he and his wife, Ovuomarhoni Naomi Isioro , a business woman, have been arrested by the EFCC.

The couple allegedly laundered $1.49m through Ovuomarhoni Naomi's bank account in Nigeria.

Their arrest followed a petition received by the Commission from the US Federal Bureau of Investigation, FBI, through the office of the Legal Attache, United States Consulate, Lagos, about their alleged involvement in computer-based fraud, stealing and money laundering.

So far, investigation revealed that Naomi met one Michael Uziewe (who is still at large) in Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America, sometime in 2016, and introduced her to foreign exchange business. Through this encounter, Naomi and her banker husband turned their two registered companies, Marhoni General Services Limited and Multaid Plus Limited, into conduit for the dispersal of funds wired by Uziewe, who allegedly owns Global Investment network.

Naomi, in statements volunteered to the Commission, confirmed she had been receiving monies in Dollars, with instructions to pay the naira equivalent into accounts provided by Uziewe.

Facts have also emerged that each time Naomi received the Dollar transfers, she makes over the counter withdrawals, in breach of financial regulatio
ns that such transactions go through the financial system, and sell them to Bureau de Change operators for Naira equivalents.

Rowly Isioro, a banker of over 22 years experience has also confessed that he was aware that someone his wife met in United States of America, sends her Dollars, while she pays the naira equivalent to various accounts on the instruction of the US-based partner.

Source

Court of Appeal Orders INEC to conduct fresh Election in Kano, As Kwankwaso, others makes Ganduje’s commissioners list

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 10:42 AM PST

Alhassan Ado Doguwa

The Court of Appeal has ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission to conduct a fresh election for the Tudunwada/Doguwa Federal Constituency seat at the House of Representatives.

This came alongside the ruling that sacked Alhassan Ado Doguwa, a member of the All Progressive Congress representing Tudunwada/Doguwa Federal Constituency at the House of Representatives.

According to Daily Nigerian, the court sitting in Kaduna in a unanimous ruling on Monday disagreed with the election tribunal and nullified same.

The election petition had on September 5 dismissed a petition filed by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, Yusha'u Salisu, challenging the victory of Doguwa at the election.........READ FURTHER HERE>>>



Musa Iliyasu Kwankwaso

As Kwankwaso, others makes Ganduje's commissioners list

Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje has forwarded list of nominees for commissioners to the state house of assembly for screening.

Kano State House of Assembly Speaker Rt. Honourable Abdulazeez Gafaza who confirmed the list at the plenary on Monday said the house will commence screening of the nominees Tuesday.

Among the nominees who were former members of Ganduje cabinet are Musa Iliyasu Kwankwaso, Murtala Sule Garo, Barrister Ibrahim Muktar, Dr. Kabiru Ibrahim Getso and Mohammed Garba.

#Appeal Court    #Kano State   #Kwankwaso

Actress Eva Chris – ‘My curves open doors of favours for me a lot’

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 05:30 AM PST


For fast rising Nollywood actress with impressive curves, Eva Chris, she does not shy away when it comes to flaunting what she's got and talking about her natural endowments.

She recently confirmed that her endowments are her unique selling points and opens doors of favour for her in different places.

"It has always been my dream from childhood to be celebrated. A producer once saw me on Instagram and chatted me up. He told me that he needs me for a movie because I had the curve he needed for his new upcoming movie. So, my curves favour me a lot. I would say my curves are my unique selling point," she said.


Although, she is always easily spotted and gains attentions effortlessly, Eva also hinted the negative sides of possessing such an intimidating figure and butts.

"I have not really had embarrassing moments in the industry, but my life outside has not been easy. Most times when I go out guys end up shouting on the road. Calling out to me. Making funny sounds like ye! Mogbe! You know all these funny talks. Recently, a guy saw and approached me. He stopped me and said 'because of you, I must make money and I will come back for you. I will find you.' I was shocked.

Then another problem I encounter is I get confused when someone approaches me, I wouldn't don't know if they really want to date me or just sleep with me and leave. I'm still single and I want a man that will love and support my dreams and help me achieve them. I don't care about tribe. But of course, he must be a rich guy. I work hard, so I can't settle for less. He should be taller than me too. I don't want an actor but musician or athlete, yes."

Nicki Minaj slams Wendy Williams for bringing up husband’s criminal past

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 05:00 AM PST


Nicki Minaj has finally responded to Wendy Williams' savage comments about her husband Kenneth Petty, who is a convicted sex offender

Days after the rapper and her beau tied the knot earlier this month, the talk show host brought Petty's criminal record to her show and took several swipes at their marriage.

"Now, he served seven years in prison and he's also a sex offender," Williams said. "So that means that he…is a manslaughter a killer? Okay. So, he's a killer and a sex offender… Well Nicki, congratulations."


In response to her comments, the Queen rapper ripped Williams apart on the latest episode of Queen Radio today, saying, "There are people who report the news and there are people who do it with an evil intent in their heart, viciousness. And I pray for you because I know you're hurting and I know you must be sick and humiliated."

Referencing Williams' highly-publicized, tumultuous breakup with ex, Kevin Hunter, Minaj said that, "when a woman isn't really being loved at home, the viciousness is a different type."

"So I really wanted to pray for you today, because look at where you are now in your life. Look at what age you are. You're sat up there being vicious all this time, and paid for that man's mistress all these years,"

Minaj continued, alluding to Hunter's extramarital affairs. "You paid for her shopping sprees, you paid for her hotels—bitch, you probably even paid for her GYN bills, you paid to have that baby delivered, hoe. How you doin', stupid. Wake up, hoes."

Minaj then went on to say that while she knows Williams "must have gone through a lot," she is "demonic, and that's why this stuff unfolded."

"If I were you, I would go and pray, ask for forgiveness," she continued. "You can report the news — people do it all the time — without the level of viciousness and trying to play dumb and doing all this nonsense."

Oritse Femi addresses rumors that he abandoned his late partner, Chi Junglist

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:30 AM PST


Nigerian musician, Oritse Femi has taken to Instagram to clear the air on the rumors flying around, alleging that he abandoned his late partner, Chi Junglist while he was still sick.

Reacting to the claims, Oritse Femi disclosed that he only got to know about the illness when it was already at a critical stage, and that Chi Jungulist's so-called friends hid it away from him.

He also added that Nigerians who are attacking him for not helping could have contributed money to help save his life if they really cared about his condition.


In his words;


"He was a brave man …. he was the first to travel abroad among the both of us ✈️ #china he was very talented, he know I love him 😢 he know I can take any shot on his behalf … he was so sick for so long, his so called new friends kept it on till when it got worse for him, that was when I was informed…

I sent money to them immediately to take him straight to the hospital… the so called friends told me the truth that my brother can not survive it anymore that he has to take him back to his mum .. my problem is why they waited for this long…

If y'all are true friends… no one can bring out money except me … nobody .. all of you guys should have contributed 1k each if you truly want him to survive, but I did my part am not super rich but have stood for so many people in this life, I took my fellow brothers problems first before facing my own .

There is no need to throw stones at anyone or throw blames! If I choose not to publicize how I help, doesn't mean I don't do my part! We can all be our brothers keepers. No more comment from me! Rest In Peace my brother, chibudo obinkwo 🙏"


Photos: Actress Angela Okorie Survive Near Death Experience At Club Quilox

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:02 AM PST


Angela Okorie has taken to her Instagram to share a worrisome video of the injuries she suffered on the premises of the famous Lagos night club, Quilox.

According to the actress, she fell into a drain that was not properly covered, suffered injuries and is currently taking treatments in an unnamed hospital.

"Coming out of @clubquilox this morning I fell into the drainage at the car park. It was a bad experience, please quickly do something about those opened gutters before it kills someone," she wrote. "Other people might not have the grace to survive such incident. But I thank God for his grace over my life."

She continued, "I'm doing this because it's necessary. Not to talk down on the club. But for corrections to be made. So it doesn't happen to someone else. Thank you."


Khafi says as she turns 30 “My birthday came early, thanks to a special someone”

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 04:00 AM PST


Ex-BBNaija housemate and reality star, Khafi has taken to Instagram to celebrate herself on her 30th birthday today. She also revealed that she got a special gift from a special someone, whom we have guessed to be her heartrob, Gedoni.

Within hours of touching down back in the UK Khafi attended a meet and greet for fans in Lewisham. According to reports, she defied orders by taking part in the popular show after she was warned not to do so – and shocked viewers after allegedly appearing to have sex on TV.


With that out of the way, Khafi is obviously very excited about her 30th birthday. Ahead of the celebration, she posted a picture of herself on Instagram and said "I will be turning 30 in 12 hours time. 3 decades, just like that!"

Photos: Singer Qdot Alagbe gifts his mom a house on her birthday

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 03:30 AM PST


Nigerian musician, Qdot Alagbe has taken to Instagram to express his love for his mother on her birthday and to show case the special gift he gave to her.

Sharing photos of his mom and a house on his Instagram page, Qdot announced that her next birthday gift will be bigger than the house gift which he used to celebrate her this year.


In his words;

"Happy birthday to my mum #afolashade temi nikan + special birthday gift next year will be bigger than this love you Mum"


Qdot Alagbe is another singer who has openly expressed his love for his family, especially on special occasions like this.

Here's a photo of the house;


Photos: Nigerian lady sets internet on fire with sultry maternity photos

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 03:00 AM PST


Congratulatory messages are in order for budding Instagram star, Christina Temitope Abiola who just gave birth to a bouncing baby girl named, Aniyah Oluwanifemi Grant.

The lady who is proudly black and tags herself 'Melanin Madness' released some daring baby-bump photos in which her tummy was covered with black marks.

According to her, she felt so uncomfortable showing that off to the general public and this forced her to delay the shoot to the later end of the pregnancy period.

She could have avoided the photo-shoot but she wanted to keep memories of the pregnancy period just like other women do. After a long time of contemplating, she undertook the photoshoot and decided to share with her over 36,000 followers on Instagram.

Her pictures came with the stunning testimony and inspirational note which could be read below:

"BTS Insecurity is a dangerous thing. I believe It restrains us from for filling our full potential. When it came down to shooting my maternity photos I was truly afraid. So afraid I delayed it to 38 weeks pregnant!! time was truly running out and I wanted my memories! At first I asked the photographer to try and edit the marks.

However it was so much the edit made it look off. So I said no worries let's do! I've been struggling with embracing my marks because I felt like I was the only one who's experienced such an extreme amount. My entire belly was covered and I felt like I was doing something wrong.. I was more worried about after having her if they'd even go away and how long it would take.. but through the love and support of friends and family I feel very secure! I like to call my marks beauty marks! Because my marks represent the beautiful life I brought to the world! I honestly would do it all over again for her"

See more photos below:






BBNaija’s Seyi bags endorsement deal with House of Lunettes

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:30 AM PST


Ex-BBNaija housemate and Reality star, Seyi Awolowo has finally sealed his first endorsement deal with 'House of Lunettes' after his eviction from BBNaija.

The representative of 'House of Lunettes' took to her instagram page to announce Seyi aka "Sucre Papito" as their latest brand ambassador.


In her words;

"We are pleased to unveil the original "Sucre Papito" @officialseyiawo as a House of Lunettes Brand Ambassador.

He was unveiled during the #soundsofneptune event to demonstrate his mainstream appeal with Fashion afficionados who find him Supreme!
Thanks to @sunglassesbaron & @deejayneptune & @djjimmyjatt for the providing an exciting experience"


Seyi Awolowo has had many highs and lows in his three decades of existence. Reports have it that the bubbly entrepreneur once tried to commit suicide but has since risen above that dark period of his teenage years and has turned his life around.


Gedoni writes heartwarming message to Khafi on her birthday

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 02:00 AM PST


It's Khafi's birthday today and her heartrob Gedoni has taken to instagram to write a heartfelt birthday message to her as she just turned 30.

He wrote;


"The best gifts in life are those we find in unexpected places, when we aren't looking.
It was no mistake when the Bible described humans as "treasures in earthen vessels", because I've found one in you – Precious, valuable, lovable and with a heart so pure.


Your innocence is beautiful, your smile brightens my world and your entire personality? Simply delightful. I went into BBNaija for something I thought I wanted, and came out with someone I needed (a partner, a support system, a friend, a sister; everything I didn't even know I needed).

On this special day; I just want to say I love you dearly @acupofkhafi and I cherish what we share. Love you longggggggggggg@acupofkhafi"


Bobrisky speaks on ‘journey to transforming into a woman’ he reveals doing many surgeries low key

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 01:30 AM PST


Controversial cross dresser, Bobrisky took to social media to narrate his his journey to transforming into a beautiful woman which he describes as 'awesome'

The transvestite stated that he has undergone several surgeries which have cost him millions so far but he is happy with the results and plans to transform to a woman completely.

He wrote;

"My journey transforming into a beautiful woman was awesome 👏. Yes the procedure might have cost millions but am happy 😃. Have been doing many surgeries low key cos I don't want drama. More surgeries coming through….. by dis time next year I guess I want to contest for miss WORLD 🌎"

See post below;

Reacting to the post, one of his followers asked if he has cut his manhood off and he gave an hilarious response. The follower asked;

"Them don cut am?"

Bobrisky responded to him;

"yes bros I now have sweet p*ssy. You wanna enter my sugar gate?"

Khafi – ‘MET police have asked me to return to work’

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 01:00 AM PST


Former Big Brother housemate, Khafi has spoken on threat by UK police to sack her from duty.

We had reported that UK police had few months ago said Khafi who is a Metropolitan Police officer, went into the Big Brother Naija show despite being refused permission by her bosses.

According to The Sun, Scotland Yard said it had not granted her request to appear on the programme and that an internal investigation would be carried out.

Furious over her disobedience, one of her colleagues said "She's a serving British police officer — it's outrageous.

"She asked permission to go on the show but, when her request was refused, she went anyway."

But, speaking to the Mirror UK, Khafi, who returned to London last week said she has been contacted to return back to work.

According to her, she sought permission but her request was declined.

She, however, added that it has been sorted out.

"I started to ask what the procedure is, what would I do, I thought I might actually get into the show. I wanted to do everything by the book even though I didn't know if I was in the show or not. I spoke to as many people as I was told to. I was told to go to my commander; I explained the situation, I told him I wanted time off – three months off of work and the reason was because I might get on Big Brother.

"Work has been really great, we've been speaking and communicating, they asked me when I'd be coming back to work. I'm not sure when I'm going to go back yet. I want to get back as soon as possible, I'm passionate about keeping London safer," she added.

Tacha shares lovely message to celebrate Khafi’s birthday

Posted: 04 Nov 2019 12:30 AM PST


Reality star, Tacha took to social media to pen down a heartfelt message to her friend Khafi who is celebrating her birthday today, 3rd November.

Recall that Khafi Kareem and Tacha formed a close bond in the BBNaija house after Gedoni was evicted from reality show and ever since then, they usually spent their time together.


Sharing lovely photos of Khafi on her Twitter account, Tacha wrote;

She wrote;

"Happy Birthday Khafi Super strong, Supernatural, Super Beautiful, Super Hardworking, Super More, I pray God grants you all your heart desires.. LOVE YOU❤️🔱 #khafinated30 #TitansCelebrateKhafi."

Previous
Next Post »