Welcome to Nollywood Times

Welcome to Nollywood Times


Singer, Wizkid wins Apple Music Awards as African Artiste of the Year

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 08:00 AM PST

Grammy award-winning singer, Wizkid Balogun, bags yet another achievement as Apple Music names him African Artiste of the Year.

Apple made the announcement on Tuesday via their website as it names Wizkid as one of the five artists to emerge as 'Artist of the Year' from various regions.

"In October 2020, he released Made in Lagos, his critically acclaimed and most commercially successful album, which included his hit song "Essence," a track that gained 125 million plays on Apple Music and over 2.8 million Shazams.


"This past year, he's been the most streamed African artist on the continent on Apple Music and ranked on the Daily Top 100 charts in 60 countries, in addition to his monthly plays on Apple Music growing by more than 250 percent outside of Africa.

"He's also been featured on Apple Music's Today's Hits and R&B Now playlists, and he's a frequent guest on Apple Music Radio shows," Apple highlights the singer's achievement.

Wizkid remarked on receiving the award, "Thank you to Apple Music for this award. It's a blessing to get to do what I do, and I'm proud to be representing Africa."

Singer, Davido reveals main condition required for orphans to benefit from N250m donation

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 07:00 AM PST

Award winning Nigerian singer, Davido has revealed that only government accredited orphanages will benefit from his N250m donation.

The celebrated singer revealed this on Monday via his Instagram page, where he threw more light on the planned method of disemborsement of funds.

In a more detailed post, Davido noted that registration for possible beneficiaries began on Monday November 29, 2021 and would close on Thursday, December 2, 2021.

Davido had earlier noted that the N250 million will get to almost all the children in orphanages that truly need it.

Recall, Davido got the funds after asking his friends, colleagues and paddies in the entertainment industry to send at least N1m to his account, if he ever helped them at a point in their lives.

A total of N200 million was donated while Davido added an extra N50 million to round it off at N250 million.

A day before his 29th birthday, Davido was showered with accolades as he announced his decision to donate all the funds to orphanages across the country through a five man committee.






Mercy Johnson reacts as her daughter, Purity breaks down in tears after buying her a dog– “I told you she was gonna cry”

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 06:00 AM PST

Popular Nollywood actress, Mercy Johnson Okojie has shared a beautiful video of the moment she surprised her first daughter, Purity Okojie with a pet dog.

Mercy Johnson, while sharing the video on Instagram stated that although she and her husband hates dogs, they decided to buy a dog for Purity because she has been of good attitude lately

Mercy said;

"I hate dogs, my husband hates dogs but Purity loves dogs. And she did very well in school and generally so we decided to surprise her. Mark my words, when she sees this dog, she is going to cry," she said in the video.

True to her words, her daughter became emotional upon seeing the dog and cried when she was given the pet as a surprise.

Her siblings cheered around her as they wondered what she would call the dog which was now her responsibility.

Fans reacted to the heartwarming video, complimenting the beauty of Mercy Johnson's family and her kindness.

https://fb.watch/9C7Wt_tCmU/

Bobrisky brags about owning a petrol station and acquiring a hotel worth N800M in Lagos – I turn insults to money

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 05:00 AM PST

Popular crossdresser, Okuneye Idris Olanrewaju better known as Bobrisky, hints at the gigantic investments he has gotten his hands into in Lagos State.

Taking to Snapchat, the controversial socialite revealed that he has a famous petroleum station sited at the heart of the State, Lekki but chose not to disclose it for long due to his lawyer's advice.

He also stated that he has deposited a sum of N230M as the first instalment payment for a hotel at Lekki Phase 1 that is worth N800M with the view to complete the payment in no time and own the expensive property.

According to him, as a smart girl, he turns insults to money; rather than hinder his successes, they only add to it.

In his words:

"I have a gas station popularly known as Petroleum station in Lekki. My lawyer ask me not to share this information with no one. It kept as a secret because we don't want it known to the public yet. Many of you here in Lagos have bought fuel there.

The more you insult I get from people daily I turn it to money, in your mind you are laughing at me yeah? But I am turning it to money as the smart girl that I am

"There is this hotel they want to sell in Lekki phase 1 for eight hundred million, when I told the guy I want to buy it, the guy was shocked. I told them I want to spread the payment for three month d guy didn't believe until I make first payment on the 11th."

See screenshots below:




Lateef Adedimeji reveals, shares love story –When I started dating Mo Bimpe

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 04:30 AM PST

Movie star, Lateef Adedimeji speaks on his romantic relationship with his colleague, Bimpe Oyebade(Mo Bimpe) as they are set to tie the knot in no time.

The actor while speaking to Tribune, noted that contrary to speculations and views of people that they were in a relationship for quite a long time, they just kicked off their love journey early this year, in March precisely.

According to him, before March, he and Bimpe were just close to each other due to their job and with time grew fond of each other.

In his words:

"We started dating this year, March to be precise. Those days when people said we were dating, there was nothing like that. People only speculated because we became really close and did a number of jobs together and we became fond of each other. It was not something that we both saw coming. One day, after a lot of back and forth, we sat down and said to ourselves we could make this work if we put our hearts together and show more commitment and love to each other; then we realized that we could not even do away from each other. So, the journey started and we are here today."

Lateef Adedimeji who is meant to walk down the aisle with Mo Bimpe come December stated that he never planned on dating her from the start:

"We have been friends for a while and we both understand ourselves pretty well. Like I said, it was not something we both planned; it was just a friendship that we nurtured and paid attention to. We respect each other and what we share and that, for me, is a big attraction, because we are both in the limelight at the moment. So, it is not a function of one attraction; it was a function of different attractions that led us to where we are today. I am happy about this new journey."

Ruby Ojiakor rejoices barefooted on street as she hits1M followers on IG

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 04:00 AM PST

Nollywood actress, Ruby Ojiakor couldn't contain her joy as she stormed the streets barefooted to celebrate 1 million followers on the photo-sharing app, Instagram.

The actress filled with much enthusiasm ran out from her house barefooted and marched on the streets while screaming; '1 million followers!!!'

In the video, some passersby and shop owners could be seen staring at the actress in awe as they marvelled at the display.


Sharing the video, she wrote:

"It's 1million Real Followers 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Pls don't expect me to be normal today" because it can't even be possible"🤣🤣🤣💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Who deyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?????????

Tell ur friends to follow up dis page now" cuz I must set everywhere on fire today 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Airtime must Flow" like River Niger" everybody get set"🤣🤣💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃💃

Thank You everyone 💋💋💋💋💋

Thank You Jesus 🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

Help me tell @instagram @instagram @instagram to verify dis page now Asap" or………………………."

Watch the video below:

BBNaija Princess’ post about ‘dying in silence’ arouses concern–“Someone should check on her”

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 03:00 AM PST

Popular reality star, Princess Francis leaves her fans worried after dropping a worrisome note on her Instagram page.

In a now-deleted post on Instastory, it suggests that the Big Brother Naija Season 6 ex-housemate is fighting some silent battles.

Princess had written on her page 'Dying in silence,' which was taken down after a while; still, it caught the attention of many who expressed concern on her mental and general health.


See some reactions from fans below …

@kemisola_babe_ wrote: "Princess don't die oo pls, Life is too short oo, it's okay to think and cry but get over it soon plS."

@juisy_cumin_aphrodisiac: "This BBN come out and adopt a total different life that might not be healthy for them and forget their main goals , I hope she pulls through whatever it is."

@ogo.bekee: "Celebrity life style 😫 someone should check on her please."

@teeto__olayeni: "Sending you love and light ❤…..It's really not easy keeping up After BBN,especially when you see other doing better than you. That's why it is always good to make good use of the fame when it's still hot…I wish her all the very best ❤️."

@iam_jayscalar: "E no easy to Dey popular and u no get money, pls before going for bbn make sure u have plans already, check yourself and ask yourself, if this house doesn't favor me shey I fit cope with the lifestyle, it's actually financially, emotionally and physically draining."

Ebuka Excited After Meeting Roberto Carlos and John Terry

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 02:30 AM PST

Media personality, Ebuka Obi-Uchendu, famously known for hosting the Big Brother Naija reality show has shared a picture of himself with football legends, Roberto Carlos and John Terry.

Budweiser, a flavorful American-Style lager beer had invited Terry and Carlos to Nigeria for a new football-themed campaign tagged 'Budweiser Game of Kings'.

The presence of the two legends set the stage for many prominent Nigerians to meet them for the first time including Ebuka.


The Anambra State-born celebrity who sounded excited following his meeting with the two legends noted how they tried to teach him Spanish.

"Roberto Carlos tried to teach me Spanish. John Terry tried to make me love Chelsea. I gave them Budweiser. Well I'm still with Man Utd, this post is via google translate and we drank Budweiser all day. So guess who won?" he wrote on his page in Spanish.

Bobrisky brags as he speaks on fear of getting new P.A – “N10M is useless to me”

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 02:00 AM PST

Popular lifestyle influencer, Bobrisky brags about the worthless value of the sum of N10M while emphasizing the fear of getting a P.A who could run his errands.

The crossdresser showed off the wad of cash which he claims to have been a gift from his boyfriend, even though the cash seems useless to him.

"This 10 million with me is actually useless honestly. If it's important, I would have taken it to the bank today or spend it," he wrote.

Bobrisky further noted that if he had a personal assistant, the cash would've probably been taken to the bank on his behalf. However, the fear of having his secrets exposed is the reason he is holding back.

"Honestly I need a good Pa in my life but i'm too scared of someone selling out my info to bloggers," he added.


Lateef Adedimeji reveals, shares love story –When I started dating Mo Bimpe

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 01:30 AM PST

Movie star, Lateef Adedimeji speaks on his romantic relationship with his colleague, Bimpe Oyebade(Mo Bimpe) as they are set to tie the knot in no time.

The actor while speaking to Tribune, noted that contrary to speculations and views of people that they were in a relationship for quite a long time, they just kicked off their love journey early this year, in March precisely.

According to him, before March, he and Bimpe were just close to each other due to their job and with time grew fond of each other.

In his words:

"We started dating this year, March to be precise. Those days when people said we were dating, there was nothing like that. People only speculated because we became really close and did a number of jobs together and we became fond of each other. It was not something that we both saw coming. One day, after a lot of back and forth, we sat down and said to ourselves we could make this work if we put our hearts together and show more commitment and love to each other; then we realized that we could not even do away from each other. So, the journey started and we are here today."

Lateef Adedimeji who is meant to walk down the aisle with Mo Bimpe come December stated that he never planned on dating her from the start:

"We have been friends for a while and we both understand ourselves pretty well. Like I said, it was not something we both planned; it was just a friendship that we nurtured and paid attention to. We respect each other and what we share and that, for me, is a big attraction, because we are both in the limelight at the moment. So, it is not a function of one attraction; it was a function of different attractions that led us to where we are today. I am happy about this new journey."

Fans React As Laycon Is Spotted ‘Buying’ Female Underwear In London –He Is Shopping For Erica

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 01:00 AM PST

Big Brother Naija winner, Laycon, has set tongues wagging on social media after he was spotted shopping for female underwear in London.

In a video making rounds online the rapper was seen at a Victoria's Secret store taking a look at prices.

A man recording him asked what he was doing there and, Laycon who, appeared confused on where to choose from simply replied; Nothing.

This came as a surprise to many of his fans, especially as Laycon has not publicly declared any girl his girlfriend or fiancee.

However, many social media users claimed that Laycon could be shopping the lingerie for his co-housemate Erica.

SEE SCREENSHOTS BELOW




Trey Songz Accused In Sexual Assault Investigation In Las Vegas

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 12:30 AM PST

American singer and actor, Tremaine Aldon Neverson, known professionally as Trey Songz has been accused of sexual assault over the weekend at The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas.

The 37 years old R&B/hip-hop star, was in Las Vegas over the weekend to celebrate his birthday.

On Sunday November 28, the Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department received "a report of a sexual assault incident alleged to have occurred at a hotel in the 3700 block of South Las Vegas Boulevard," a spokesperson for the department said in a statement to PEOPLE.

The reported incident involved the singer, whose legal name is Tremaine Neverson, according to police. The department's sex crimes division is investigating.

"Neverson is cooperating with the investigation. At this time, no arrests have been made," the statement concluded.

Last year, Songz was forced to deny another sexual misconduct allegation after a woman named Aliza described an encounter with the singer when she said he took away her phone and purse and wouldn't let her leave a hotel room.

"I kept asking, like, 'When can I leave, what time is it?' " Aliza said. "And he just, like, wouldn't answer, he would just f——- ignore me. And I'm like, 'Okay.' And then he was like, 'You can leave when I go to my flight,' and I was like, "Kay, when's that?' Wouldn't tell me."

Aliza also claimed that, during the otherwise consensual encounter, Songz urinated on her without her consent and that she "didn't know what was happening, he just did it."

Songz addressed the claims on social media, writing that the accusation is "convenient" for someone who seeks "to destroy someone's life."

"I usually stay quiet on this but I feel that in many ways the movement to fight for the women who actually have suffered harassment and abuse on various levels, has been hijacked by those who find it convenient for themselves to come up as they seek to destroy someone's life," he tweeted.

In 2017, actress Keke Palmer alleged that Songz used "sexual intimidation" on her in order to make her appear in a music video.
 
After Songz released the video for his remix with Fabolous to the Travis Scott and Young Thug song "Pick Up the Phone" at the time, Palmer claimed she didn't authorize the singer to include her cameo.

"This is preposterous. How am I in this video Trey? After you found me in a closet HIDING because I was so afraid of anymore conflict," the Scream Queens actress, now 28, wrote in a lengthy Instagram post at the time. "Literally my last option was to hide because you all would not listen when I said I did not want to be in the video the FIRST time. Just cause you give someone food and alcohol and throw in a little sexual intimidation doesn't mean they will buckle."

Palmer claimed that although the two have known each other for many years, Songz "secretly filmed" her and "put me in the video against my wishes."

Songz appeared to address the situation on Twitter and Instagram at the time.

"Babygirl buggin. Point blank period. Got my number, coulda called, saw the cameras and the lights, heard action," he wrote on Twitter, later following up, "I don't do this twitter s—, girl you know me and got my number f— outta here."

On Instagram, the singer wrote, in part, "So sorry for those that believe everything without knowing anything. However, I cannot devote my life to responding to, or clearing up every side of every story you hear about me, when would I actually live? I know my character, I know my truth, I know my heart. God does too."

Adekunle Gold — ”There were days fans were plenty, but my pocket was empty”

Posted: 01 Dec 2021 12:00 AM PST

Singer Adekunle Gold has opened up on being broke despite having of fans.

The 'high' crooner made the revelation in his special newsletter sent to fans.

In his words ; "As I've journeyed through my growth and evolution, my friends will tell you that every dime I've made on this thing has gone right back into it. I'm thankful for friends and family who have even loaned me their hard earned money for the sake of my dreams.
.
Read his full message below ;

Well well dearest! Crazy things have been happening emotionally and physically that I am even slightly anxious to write to you. I have been so busy that reflection has been really hard tbh. As usual, I get worried I have nothing profound to share but I have terribly missed us and so here I am.

How are you? It's almost December. I honestly can't believe how quickly this year has gone but I am so thankful for the kind of year that it's been. You? What are you thankful for?

I am particularly thankful for the journey. I know that our world celebrates the destination but I am learning daily that life really is about how we journey.

I am going to be as transparent with you as I possibly can, even though this industry makes it difficult to be and your worth is measured based on how much you can package.

As I've journeyed through my growth and evolution, my friends will tell you that every dime I've made on this thing has gone right back into it. I'm thankful for friends and family who have even loaned me their hard earned money for the sake of my dreams.

There were days where the fans were plenty but the pocket was very empty and this wasn't too long ago.

Man I worked so hard to push myself and my creativity, yes Lawrence, I know you get me, but most people didn't, I actually can't count the amount of no's I got. The feeling of being constantly overlooked, undercooked, disrespected and maligned is not a pleasant one.

I liken being overlooked to going to a party as a child, being asked to dance for cake, you know you are dancing as hard as your little body can dance, you definitely deserve a slice but by the time Aunty Bose gets to you, you are left with crumbs of unworthiness on a plastic tray.

BUT! I've taken the crumbs…I have scraped the tray, I have tasted the cake, and gone back to the drawing board several times to reinvent, to restrategize, to plan for the next party.

At the next party guess what? I don't compete, I'm very still and I know I am good enough, I have done the work and much respect to Aunty Bose, I can now bake my own goddam cake. The cake no longer validates me, I have given myself the reward of self validation.

I no longer create for others or dance for the man. I do me.

All this to say Lawrence, the journey has never been about what others can do for you or what others say about you. It's about growth and learning, the money is a delicious bonus.

Don't let anyone cheat you out of a struggle or a hard experience, ma fi ago alago sise, don't let social nonsense rush your process. Struggle, cry, feel the depths of your pain. FEEL IT! It's only then that you are able to recognize when times are good.

I still have more heights to conquer, I just started! But as usual I am thankful that I'm climbing with you. I hope that if I do fall off the ladder, you will pull me up and not tear me down further, I will definitely do the same for you.

I have hidden a message, more like a clue to what's next in the sinner remix video (see below).

If you see it, take a screenshot and tweet @ me what you see. Or just tell me what you see using the #SinnerRemix

I'll send you and the first five people who see it something nice. Super nice.

Love forever friend.

AG Baby.

Moments Poco Lee introduced Bella Shmurda to Wizkid on IG Live

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:30 PM PST

Poco Lee, Nigerian dancer, hosted an Instagram Live and Wizkid unexpectedly joined the live session.

Poco Lee, Zlatan Ibile and his gangs performed some songs from Wizzy as Wizkid watched them.

Later, Poco Lee introduced his friend, Bella Shmurda to Wizkid and this caused the "Vision 2020" singer to later show his appreciation to Poco Lee in a tweet he posted.

Wizkid has however since then followed Bella Shmurda on Instagram and they started a friendship, and just last night Bella Shmurda performed at Wizkid's O2 arena concert.

Moment Poco Lee reacts as Wizkid brings out Bella Shmurda during MIL tour in U.K

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 11:00 PM PST

Grammy award-winning singer, Wizkid, continues to thrill fans at his MIL tour in the U.K, one which captures the moment he introduced Bella Shmurda.

It would be recalled that Wizkid also introduced Tems alongside the American singer, Chris Brown, at the concert in the famous London's O2 Arena.

Bella Shmurda also made it to the podium after being introduced by Wizzy, which drove fellow singer, Poco Lee, to tears.


Taking to Instagram to react to the moment which he considered overwhelming for him, he wrote;

"Thank you lord my year is made🙏🏻😭😭😭😭 Literally crying posting this!! Keep going higher my bro @bella_shmurda From 02 to more bigger stages!!! Thank you @wizkidayo Big love 🙏🏻❤️."

Watch the video below …

B-Red says as he shows off cash received at son’s birthday party –“When your son get grace, e get grace”

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:30 PM PST

Popular singer, Adebayo Adeleke, better known as B-Red shows off the huge cash received during the birthday party of his son.

The singer who is the cousin of superstar Afrobeat musician, Davido, marked the second birthday of his son on Monday, November 29th, which was graced by celebrities from the corners of the entertainment industry.

Taking to his Instastory to show off the amount of money received during the party; an amount he claims to be about N7M, B-Red emphasized the grace his son has.

B-Red also could be heard in the video making plans on paying his son's school fees with the money received from his birthday party.


Watch the video below;

Emeka Drags Netizen Who Equates Married Women To Pets

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 10:00 PM PST

Actor Emeka Amakeze has reacted after  a Twitter user who shared a highly misogynistic tweet about men not owing their wives fidelity.

The Twitter user with the handle, @AromaJon wrote:

"As a High value man you owe no woman fidelity, not even your wife. SHe made the most of her prime, so it's only fair you enjoy your prime years too. Moreover you married/bought her, she didn't marry you. A pet cannot be demanding loyalty and allegiance from it's owner."

Emeka saw the tweet and found it distasteful. Responding, he wrote

"I might not have a name for whatever is wrong with you but I am certain that it is highly complicated. Urgent medical attention is advised."

Singer, Solid Star Confronted At Nightclub For Collecting Money & Refusing To Perform At An Event

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:30 PM PST

Popular Nigerian singer, Solid Star has been captured on tape being confronted by some young men at a night club.

He was alleged to have collected money for a show but he failed to perform.

In a video circulating on social media, the singer could be seen angrily moving away from some men who were challenging him over his failure to show up and perform as agreed.

He went to sit down and some of his crew members tried calming the situation and even pleaded for people to stop recording them.

All the while this was happening, Solid Star never uttered a word, to either confirm or deny the allegation.

BBNaija Star, Tacha Narrates Bad Experiences With Her Drivers

Posted: 30 Nov 2021 09:00 PM PST

Popular reality star, Tacha has taken to Instagram to narrate her unfavorable experience with two of her drivers.

According to the former Big Brother Naija housemate, she had to fire the first because he took one-way and her vehicle was impounded.

She said she hired a second who then began conniving with the gate man in her apartment to steal fuel meant for the apartment.
She didn't find out until the management of the property sent her a message asking for a meeting.

Drawing from her experience,  she warned others to be careful when employing support staff.

Read her post below.




Previous
Next Post »