The New Security Beat

The New Security Beat


Navigating Without a Map: Healthcare and the Transgender Community

Posted: 29 Jun 2022 06:05 AM PDT

I knew from a young age that I saw myself differently from the way others perceived me. Just as quickly as I noticed this difference, I also learned about the unforeseen complications of being different.By the time I was five, I questioned the gender role I was supposed to play. But it wasn't until I […] Related posts: Beyond Pride: Ensuring Affirming, Respectful Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare for LGBTQ+ Communities Navigating Obstacles and Opportunities for Trans Parents Dr. Raj...

Continue reading on NewSecurityBeat.org

PERAC: A Voice for Environment and Indigenous Peoples in Conflict’s Grip

Posted: 28 Jun 2022 01:05 PM PDT

 The harm that comes to the environment during armed conflict is often permanent, yet the lack of advocates to fight for its protection as they happen creates a deafening stillness. Indeed, this state of affairs has led to the environment to be seen as the "silent victim of war." Vietnam, Kuwait, Syria, Afghanistan, Ukraine, and […] Related posts: Towards Better Protecting the Environment in Armed Conflict Nature-based Solutions Vital to Mitigating Conflict-linked Environmental Damage...

Continue reading on NewSecurityBeat.org

Top 5 Posts for May 2022

Posted: 28 Jun 2022 11:18 AM PDT

In Iraq, climate change is adding stress to an already precarious situation, with weak public services, fossil fuel-related environmental and health hazards, growing unemployment, and other factors all generating high levels of social vulnerability. In the top post for May, Dylan O'Driscoll and Shivan Fazil write about how, against this fragile socio-political backdrop, flash floods […] Related posts: The Climate Solutions That Play Double-Duty Can COP26 Meet the Climate and Conflict...

Continue reading on NewSecurityBeat.org
Previous
Next Post »