Free Technology for Teachers - 2 new articles

Good morning from frozen Maine. It's -5F as I write this. The snow in my yard is so frozen that my dogs and my kids don't break through the when walking on it. It should warm up a bit today and we'll go outside to play for a bit. Part of being a Mainer ...

Click here to read this mailing online.

Your email updates, powered by FeedBlitz

Here are the latest updates for nurhasaan10@gmail.com


"Free Technology for Teachers" - 2 new articles

  1. Math, Science, and QR Codes - The Week in Review
  2. Easy Ways to Create Voice Recordings - No Account Required
  3. More Recent Articles

Math, Science, and QR Codes - The Week in Review

Good morning from frozen Maine. It's -5F as I write this. The snow in my yard is so frozen that my dogs and my kids don't break through the when walking on it. It should warm up a bit today and we'll go outside to play for a bit. Part of being a Mainer is learning to have fun outside in all seasons. If you don't go outside all winter, you'll catch cabin fever in January and be downright nutty by March. Heck, I get a little stir crazy if I don't play outside for a day. 

I hope that you had a great week and have a great weekend. If part of your weekend calls for catching up on some light reading, take a look at this week's list of the most popular posts of the week. 

These were the week's most popular posts:
1. Read Aloud in Edge and Other Immersive Reader Uses
2. Good Resources for Remote Math & Science Lessons
3. QRToon - Cartoons in Your QR Codes
4. A Couple of Good Places to Find Science Activities for School or Home
5. Top Tools and Activities for Collaborative Learning in 2022
6. Making Your Educational Games Look Good With TinyTap
7. Three Alternatives to ViewPure for Distraction-free YouTube Viewing

Thank you for your support!
Your registrations in Practical Ed Tech courses (listed below) and purchases of my ebook help me keep Free Technology for Teachers going.

On-demand Professional DevelopmentOther Places to Follow Me:
  • The Practical Ed Tech Newsletter comes out every Sunday evening/ Monday morning. It features my favorite tip of the week and the week's most popular posts from Free Technology for Teachers.
  • My YouTube channel has more than 39,000 subscribers watching my short tutorial videos on a wide array of educational technology tools. 
  • I've been Tweeting as @rmbyrne for fourteen years. 
  • The Free Technology for Teachers Facebook page features new and old posts from this blog throughout the week. 
  • If you're curious about my life outside of education, you can follow me on Instagram or Strava.
This post originally appeared on FreeTech4Teachers.com. If you see it elsewhere, it has been used without permission. Sites that steal my (Richard Byrne's) work include CloudComputin and WayBetterSite. Featured image captured by Richard Byrne.
   

Easy Ways to Create Voice Recordings - No Account Required

The post that published on Wednesday about adding bird sounds to Google Slides prompted a couple of people to ask me about other tools for quickly recording audio files. There are three tools that I typically recommend to those who are looking to just record short spoken audio tracks and don't require additional editing functions. Those three tools are Vocaroo, Online Voice Recorder, and Twisted Wave.  All three of these tools don't require students to have email addresses or create any kind of account in order to make a short audio recording then download it as an MP3.

Vocaroo
I've been using Vocaroo for more than a decade. It's incredibly simple to use. Just head to the site, click the record button, and start talking. When you're finished recording hit the stop button. You can listen to your recording before downloading it as an MP3. If you don't like your recording you can create a new one by just refreshing the Vocaroo.com homepage and starting again. Here's my demo of how to use Vocaroo.

 


Online Voice Recorder
Online-Voice-Recorder.com offers the same simplicity of Vocaroo plus a couple of features that I've always wished Vocaroo had. One of those features is the ability to pause a recording in progress and resume it when I want to. The other feature is the option to trim the dead air at the beginning and end of a recording. Watch my video to see those features in action.

 


Twisted Wave
Twisted Wave offers many more features than either of the tools mentioned above. But at it's most basic level you can still just head to the site, launch the recorder, start talking, and then export your recording as an MP3 all without creating an account on the site. For those who are looking for a way to save audio directly into Google Drive, Twisted Wave offers that capability. Watch my short video below to see how you can use Twisted Wave to make an audio recording and save it directly to your Google Drive.

 
   

More Recent Articles


Previous
Next Post »